Mika in Oakland, CA at Fox Theater

lollipop_monkey

Maybe they can do shifts and try and sleep a bit while others are queueing.? That's a long azz drive from LA to Oakland...and after a point coffee just doesn't help anymore at least for me.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hellooooo everyone!

Don't want to bore you, but a brief synopsis of Day 1 of Mika Pilgrimage. Didn't miss TOO much of school, left at 2:30 and drove to the airport. Everything went smoothly, the flight was AWFUL, felt really sick and worried and anxious. :aah: It was good to get outside.

Regarding transportation! MFCers that are flying in tomorrow, let me tell you about this:

We left the airport and got on the AirBART--the shuttle that took you to the BART. Fare was 3$ :blink:. Got to the BART station, screwed up the tickets (no, you cannot buy just one ticket for everyone--everyone's gotta have their own! :naughty:) and got on the Richmond Freemon (orange) line. Rode that to the "Oakland City Center 12th Street" stop. This took longer than we expected--about an hour. So be warned.

The BART stop is only about 4 blocks away from the Marriott. We walked to dinner at a little Italian place, and then walked to the venue (which was about 10 blocks away from the hotel). GORGEOUS theater. They had this big front overhang thing, which was fenced off tonight, but we'll see about tomorrow. Really antique and gorgeous, took a zillion pictures with the sign that says "Mika".

The neighborhood is a LITTLE sketchy (like any downtown at night), so I would definitely recommend walking back to our hotel together at night. Daytime should be no problem though.

We're planning on queuing at anywhere from 9-12. It depends on how late we sleep, etc. What time are you LAers planning on getting to the hotel? Wondering if we should meet you here or not. :teehee:

This is still surreal. Can't believe I'm seeing THE Mika tomorrow. It's going to take a while to set in.

Gotta go to sleep, lots of jetlag.

See ya'll tomorrow! :wub2:

Yes, I don't know if people are flying into San Fran or Oakland but you do have to take a shuttle from the Oakland airport to the BART. I drove by the theater today as well and snapped a pic with my phone. Cookies will be great but I think water is going to be required! And ice! Maybe a big ice block to sit on and cool off while we wait. I found a great party store real near the venue (well.. pretty near, not walkable but) and I got some great black light makeup - the yellow, green and pink...! Don't forget I will have a car and driving there. Oh, and the convention center which I believe is attached to the Marriott or close to it at least is having a "professional dog trainer" show so if you have a pooch and want to buy something, you could! I considered a t-shirt with a dog on it saying..hi, my name is "no, no, bad dog..." but even though mine can be monsters, I don't call them bad dog too often..

Yes, I don't know if people are flying into San Fran or Oakland but you do have to take a shuttle from the Oakland airport to the BART. I drove by the theater today as well and snapped a pic with my phone. Cookies will be great but I think water is going to be required! And ice! Maybe a big ice block to sit on and cool off while we wait. I found a great party store real near the venue (well.. pretty near, not walkable but) and I got some great black light makeup - the yellow, green and pink...! Don't forget I will have a car and driving there. Oh, and the convention center which I believe is attached to the Marriott or close to it at least is having a "professional dog trainer" show so if you have a pooch and want to buy something, you could! I considered a t-shirt with a dog on it saying..hi, my name is "no, no, bad dog..." but even though mine can be monsters, I don't call them bad dog too often..

Where are you staying? We ran into the dog conference people also!

See you all around 9am! If I'm not there by 9:30, that means I'm lost so please save me a spot, haha. :roftl:

Wow! Dunno if I'll be there by 9, but soon thereafter.

Man I woke up like a pop tart this morning and I'm usually not a morning person hehehe.

That's awesome Sarac for all that offered help. Dogs shows are the best besides candy conventions. :naughty:

I'm excited for tonight since my family decided to join in on the fun. And now my little sister will be able to watch from the Lodge. She has the cutest little tutu to rock out too. It should be fun to watch her reaction to seeing that Mika is a real person jumping about stage and all. :teehee:

Can't wait to see the theater with all its gold. Should get there around 12 if not a bit earlier.

Another day another Mika show:aah:

Hope his ankle is feeling better today, not too swollen.

I also hope Mana finds something to wear seeing the airline lost her luggage FFS. And its her birsday (a la Sliimy) so it has to be speshul.

Have a great time tonight you guys:wub2:

Lost her luggage? Aaaargh! That sucks. I hope Mika's ankle is ok and I hope we get a chance/opportunity to meet him (ie, it would be wonderful but I'm not counting on it), although he does have tomorrow off....

If anyone needs/wants my cell to text me, just p.m. me. I'll be heading down before too long. Must have coffee first...or.. is it beer o'clock?

I could bring some cards and we could play poker and use pistachio shells as chips!

Edited by sarac
adding

Lost her luggage? Aaaargh! That sucks. I hope Mika's ankle is ok and I hope we get a chance/opportunity to meet him (ie, it would be wonderful but I'm not counting on it), although he does have tomorrow off....

If anyone needs/wants my cell to text me, just p.m. me. I'll be heading down before too long. Must have coffee first...or.. is it beer o'clock?

I could bring some cards and we could play poker and use pistachio shells as chips!

"Beer o'clock" :naughty: Love it :roftl:

Another day another Mika show:aah:

Hope his ankle is feeling better today, not too swollen.

I also hope Mana finds something to wear seeing the airline lost her luggage FFS. And its her birsday (a la Sliimy) so it has to be speshul.

Have a great time tonight you guys:wub2:

:shocked:

Is that right? Mana's luggage was LOST? OMG, how will it ever find her? She's

traveling nearly every day, it won't catch up to her until she's back home!

:naughty:

Happy freakin' birthday, eh Mana? Hope it all works out! I'm sure the

show tonight will more than compensate! :thumb_yello:

did you see that guys?

mikasounds Just leaving hospital. With my foot & ancle in a brace. had a pretty bad accident on stage last night. I am NOT cancelling the show tonightabout

2 hours ago from Tweetie

:boxed:

I'm crossing my fingers for you all!

And I hope Mika can take care of himself during the show too!

Edited by Sarina

imigcast: Almost in oakland to see @mikasounds 13 minutes ago from txt

RefsUnBrendans: The girls in front of me in line for @mikasounds are reciting "baby got back", someone let them know it's 2009 5 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

mr_guigayoma: In line to see @mikasounds Weeeee! (@ Fox Theater in Oakland) http://bit.ly/gt8V7 2 minutes ago from foursquare

From Twitter:

@eastmanwolf: This is undoubtedly the first time I have been glad that I am fat. Sitting backstage waiting to be fitted. Mika just hobbled by on crutches!

From Twitter:

@eastmanwolf: This is undoubtedly the first time I have been glad that I am fat. Sitting backstage waiting to be fitted. Mika just hobbled by on crutches!

Aww, bless!

He really should use a mobile scooter, on stage tonight, he can go forwards and backwards, do some serious moves on it!:naughty:

Edited by RAK1

NonoFmbm http://twitpic.com/mtuxo - Pretty venue!12 minutes ago from TwitPic

Pretty! It's downright GORGEOUS!!!:wub2:

standardtoaster Call me not hardcore, but I am ok not having a front row experience everytime. My tune will change next acoutic tour, though.2 minutes ago from Tweetie

Is ST not front row then?