Mika @ Blackpool Sept. 5th 2009 - PICS, VIDEOS AND GIG REPORTS

mari62

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tops tops weekend !! Despite being only 5 songs, this was probably the most enjoyable gig I have been to.

Then Kate Thornton introduced MIKA and from the moment he arrived on stage he lit up the room. He was full of energy and really going for it. 'We Are Golden' came across particularly well and the way he got the audience involved for 'Blame It On The Girls' worked well (Our side were won hands down by the way) George Michaels 'Faith' was probably not the best song to show off his vocal range but he gave us a laugh by having the words taped to various places on the stage (and using them frequently) I guess we have become a little accustomed to the glittery, balloony finale but it still looked spectacular and the Will Young fans loved it....in fact they loved MIKA full stop so it looks like our boy has made some new fans.

We waited in the Winter Gardens entrance and sure enough MIKA put in an appearance complete with glitter stripe on his cheek. Even allowing for the hand shaking incident he seemed completely at ease with the situation and genuinely happy to see everybody. The way he orchestrated where everyone should stand for the group photo brought back memories of the 'Big Girl' video shoot, I'm not saying he's a control freak or anything but he certainly likes things to be done right. He then mingled with people for a while and Jules was lucky enough to get a photo taken with him.

See you all on the tour :biggrin2:

mikablackpool002.jpg

mikablackpool011.jpg

I think you'll find our side won!!!!

For a dodgy camera you've got great pictures. I think the first one sums up Pixie Lotte and the last of Jules is lovely. I told Mika that she was Blue Eyes but I don't know if he heard or understood.

hello joey blower has a show on north pier i think and see's himself as if the bees knees lol. He's not that special ha!!

He can't be worse than Roy Chubby Brown who was on next door!

Fantastic report JesterKevin:thumb_yello: Love the pics...the one of Jules and Mika is awesome:wub2:

Wish I could have stayed for the drinks afterwards.....but am really looking forward to the tour and will hopefully not always be rushing off.

hello can someone please help me i need to resize my pics but i cant does anyone know how to do it

Hiya :boing:

It's not the best or most precise way to do it but if you are using windows you should have a program called Paint which will do the job.

You should be able to find it by clicking on 'Start' then going to 'All Programs' and then 'Accessories' Once running, open the picture you want to re-size and then select 'Stretch/Skew' from the drop down 'Image' menu and just alter the horizontal and vertical dimensions by percentage...eg type 25 in each box and the picture will be a quarter of it's original size.

Hope this helps :wink2:

What happened with the parking never did find out?

I scraped the car getting out of the car park and then I couldn't find anywhere else to park within walking dist of The Counting House. It just seemed easier to drive home! So I did, and bored Rob rigid with a blow-by-blow account of the whole experience. (except for pranging the car - I left that bit out :roftl:)

PS Rose: Do you colour EVERY post before you post it?

I scraped the car getting out of the car park and then I couldn't find anywhere else to park within walking dist of The Counting House. It just seemed easier to drive home! So I did, and bored Rob rigid with a blow-by-blow account of the whole experience. (except for pranging the car - I left that bit out :roftl:)

PS Rose: Do you colour EVERY post before you post it?

I do indeed, I click on 4 for text size and click on the colours and pick the one I want. Then start writing.

I do indeed, I click on 4 for text size and click on the colours and pick the one I want. Then start writing.

I know we have had this conversation before...it amazes me....I couldn't be arsed:naughty:

There was a MFC jacket project created by Foalbaby14 and MusicFreak . . they gave Mika the jacket in NYC (I was there :teehee:) and he said to watch out cause he would definitley be wearing the jacket! He wore it in the WAG video and he wore it TONIGHT!!!!! :boing:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18361&highlight=mika+jacket+patches

he sure did I was doubley hyper cos I was involved in the jacket project and could see my name on the back of it and the things I sent it woop, he also caught my godlen bowler, wore it and I got it back after, and not it's famous but asks for privacy :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Edited by sparkly1
typo

He's really lucky he still has that hat.

If I'd noticed it sooner, he was wearing it on his belt when be came out to see us, and I only saw it when he was leaving, I'd have had it!LOL!!!

I LOVE that hat!

One more thing, when first came out, this couple were waiting with us, and the lady took photos and asked questions, and the guy asked to shake his hand, which being polite, Mika did.

This happened right where I was sitting, Mika was in front of me, and the guy was the other side of some chairs, between him and Mika.

Well the guyafte shaking hands wouldn't let go, and I was watching Mikas face as he starte looking slightly concerned. Next thing the guy starts pulling Mika towards him and through the cchairs and Mika lost his balance, almost falling over the chairs.

Me and Kath shouted at the guy to let go, and the heck did he think he was doing, to which he replied, something like I want him over here with me. Luckily he let go, and Mika quickly pulled back and backed away. But the guy didn't look embarrassed or anything, and thev woman with him didn't look alarmed at what happened!

Thankfully, Mika knew they weren't with us and ensconsed himself into our group away from the guy, who somehow managed to get a pic with him later, but no more problems, luckily.

It worries me that there are people like that out there.

It was certainly an awkward and slightly tense moment, that this guy didn't care if he'd hurt Mika, just as long as he'd got what he wanted.

I don't understand why they have to do this?

Mika was clearly really happy coming out and talking to us, and this guys stupidness could have ruined, what was a special moment for us, and it seems Mika.

Oh I forgot about that but remember it now, he was a total dumb ass we should have lynched him the tit, I didnt know he said that tho stupid man. where did he come from anyway, he can't have been MFC surely?

For a dodgy camera you've got great pictures. I think the first one sums up Pixie Lotte and the last of Jules is lovely. I told Mika that she was Blue Eyes but I don't know if he heard or understood.

I missed this before...

Awww thanks Ruth - I though about telling MIKA I have had the user name of Blue Eyes (since 2002 on another forum lol !) but felt a bit :blush-anim-cl: instead I told him he'd 'lost the plot' with his latest Blackpool blog !! He said he wished he could lose the plot - such a sweetie :wink2:

Sorry to hear about your car - hope it didn't spoil your evenings enjoyment too much :huglove:

Awww thanks Ruth - I though about telling MIKA I have had the user name of Blue Eyes (since 2002 on another forum lol !) but felt a bit :blush-anim-cl: instead I told him he'd 'lost the plot' with his latest Blackpool blog !! He said he wished he could lose the plot - such a sweetie :wink2:

awww thats really sweet:wub2: