Sept 2009 Ground Floor Bar 186 Portobello Road drinks On Mika

FREDDIESDOUBLE

I wanted to go but mum just had a big fat go at me so don't think I will.

I know. She was like "YOU CAN'T GO TO ALL THESE THINGS, YOU DON'T HAVE THE MONEY FOR IT, AND YOU DON'T EVEN GO DOWN THERE MUCH, I DON'T LIKE YOU GOING ON YOUR OWN, I DON'T LIKE YOU COMING BACK ON YOUR OWN, well I can't stop you, you're 20, but I DON'T LIKE IT."

what an opportunity to miss out on.

awwwwwwww :huglove: sorry caz

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mika blows my mind. such a kind person. :wub2:

but i still want to trade him for celine dion. :mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:

I agree. No offense Celine, it can even be a temporary exchange. I don't think Mika would like our Canadian winters anyway. :roftl:

This is fantastic. Who would have ever imagined something like this? :wub2:

I agree with what everyone else said about hoping this bar is full of people who genuinely want to celebrate with Mika, not random people who just want the free booze.

Either way, it's an awesome gesture. Mika deserves every bit of success he's gotten, and I can't wait for both WAG and the album to hit number 1. And I love the idea that he wants to celebrate with us.

We're so, so lucky. We really picked the right artist to follow, didn't we? He seems in such good spirits these days. Love him. :wub2:

greta, to answer your question beside your RSVP....

when we post an RSVP, it doesn't give us the choice to remove the NO.

only gives us the choice of yes, maybe & no.

so if we want a list of those who attend, then it's all 3 or nothing.

hope that makes it clearer! :wink2:

We're so, so lucky. We really picked the right artist to follow, didn't we? He seems in such good spirits these days. Love him. :wub2:

I have to realise how lucky I am, not many get as much as we do. We are so privileged to be fans of an artist who is happy to communicate with his fans in a down-to-earth way, not in "have to do it because they're my fans" way. He's so sweet and lovely and I couldn't ask for anyone better. He is truly brilliant.

I know. She was like "YOU CAN'T GO TO ALL THESE THINGS, YOU DON'T HAVE THE MONEY FOR IT, AND YOU DON'T EVEN GO DOWN THERE MUCH, I DON'T LIKE YOU GOING ON YOUR OWN, I DON'T LIKE YOU COMING BACK ON YOUR OWN, well I can't stop you, you're 20, but I DON'T LIKE IT."

what an opportunity to miss out on.

Time for a driving licence and a car of your own?:wink2:

I’m so sorry for you!:wub2:

Can't even imagine how it feels to be so close and....

That is so universal "mum" language!

I think they learn it at the International Mum School or it is in the genes.

It's words like those that make you feel guilty when you haven't done anything wrong.

Time for a driving licence and a car of your own?:wink2:

I’m so sorry for you!:wub2:

Can't even imagine how it feels to be so close and....

I have a phobia of driving, so that's a no-go area. I've waited 2 years to be able to see Mika more because I'm now old enough and gaining more independence (when Mika arrived on the scene I was only 17) and I'm 20 now, so I thought that would all change, BUT OH NO! If you're the youngest child in the family and your mother's afraid of her own shadow and still wishes to think you're 5 frikkin years old it's still impossible.

**EDIT**

I shouldn't be acting like a spoilt brat because I AM very lucky where Mika is concerned, it's just very frustrating to have an opportunity dangling in your face but you can't catch it because your hands are tied behind your back.

Mine's a champagne cocktail Mika!!

Oh hang on I am not going, I am just looking at the bar on Street View :teehee:. Reality and fantasy were blurring there just for a second.

But if I were going, I'd have something nice and expensive :aah:

Have fun everyone who is going! So exciting!!

Yeh if this had been MFC , it would of been in members only and controlled , but the world of twitter ... god knows :shocked: will be packed I would imagine

Good luck everyone , hes been all over lately , example fish and chips in blackpool (which didnt happen:blink:) lets hope this does:thumb_yello:

are you going???? OMG I HATE BEING 16 =( AND NOT LIVING IN LONDON

:aah::aah::aah:

Mine's a champagne cocktail Mika!!

Oh hang on I am not going, I am just looking at the bar on Street View :teehee:. Reality and fantasy were blurring there just for a second.

But if I were going, I'd have something nice and expensive :aah:

Have fun everyone who is going! So exciting!!

And a beer for me thx.... :naughty:

Amelia's Magazine also tweeted about this!

AmeliasMagazine The Mika semi-secret party is at Ground FLoor Bar, 186 Portobello Road. Everyone is allowed and there's free drinks! Good old Mika.

7 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Either way, it's an awesome gesture. Mika deserves every bit of success he's gotten, and I can't wait for both WAG and the album to hit number 1. And I love the idea that he wants to celebrate with us.

I feel the same way. Just like you said we're so incredibly lucky. Most artists would probably invite only celebrities to their party but Mika chose to celebrate with the fans. Such an amazing gesture:wub2: