• Pick Up Off The Floor
    • I like Them All The Same
    • Lady Jane - Bonus Track

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It took me a while to chose it but now that I'm listening to them all even more I'm about to change my mind :aah:

It's the song that makes me feel happiest, I think. "What's the matter with going places? Take that gross look off your faces! Empty loving makes me seasick! What you here for? I don't need it!"

It's like...I'm gonna live on my own terms. I'm happy with the way things are going. I don't need your rules. I know what I'm living for. And if I'm alone at least I'm doing what I want!

And I love the tune to the next bit, "I'll say nothing on your microphone till you swear to take me home. There's a one foot boy, eleven stone, sitting on my shoulder. I'm too scared to look away, comes here almost everyday and everyday I push him off and tell him 'boy over over' / MY OH MY. I think my mind is gone, I'm left here wondering 'was I crazy all along?' What do I do? Nothing left but pray, gonna shoot somebody, help me drive this craziness away. I'm happy on my own!"

It sounds so...quirky. I love it. :wub2:

I wish I knew what he was singing when he sings falsetto in the chorus, I wanna sing that bit instead of repeating "one foot boy, one foot booooyyyy" LOL

EDIT:

I do also love Good Gone Girl. I love how fast paced it is! Makes me want to jump up and down and I love the lyrics. And I love singing the chorus! It's so....BAM! "HEY YOU! What's a good girl like you doing in this crazy world? Where's the good gone girl?"

I also love love love Pick Up Off The Floor...I'm absolutely in love with the chorus, it's so slinky.

And I absolutely j'adore Loverboy :wub2:

Edited by CazGirl

No! I haven't heard the live version, care to point me in roughly the right direction? :thumb_yello:

The first ever version we heard : :swoon:

Roxy Theatre, LA April 2009

(and that's the version we were discussing on the thread - the Mozart influence...etc)

Brussels, June 2009 ( on the celeste)

Paris , June 2009 ( with orchestra)

..and on the Deluxe edition of the new album you can have the professional live recording from Sadlers Wells, of course - similar to the Paris version:wink2:

(PS: hope video owners don't mind me inserting the links)

:lmfao: I was just wondering what track the "I like Them All The Same" is. I had never heard of it :doh:.

Still, I'm really wondering why the poll says that the songs which are my least favourites are apparently the real favourites of others :blink::lmfao:.

I voted for 'By The Time' as I find it hauntingly brilliant, it actually gave me goosebumps the first time I heard it, but I also think 'We Are Golden', 'Toy Boy', 'Rain' and 'I See You' are works of genius

Not to mention the fact I love 'Blue Eyes' to bits....but that's another matter :wink2:

Voted for Pick up off the floor but my top 5 are...

Pick up

Dr John

Touches U

Toy Boy

WAG

Got the the end of the five then thought...oooh, that one's good too...and that one....then realised that I just adore everything he does!! :wub2::wub2::wub2:

I think Blue Eyes is the only song on the album I actually didn't like. I'll give it a few more listens, it might grow on me.

wheeeeyyy someone else who isn't a fan of Blue Eyes lol :aah:

I like the tune, I like the verses, it's just the chorus I think :aah:

yes, it must be the reason... :emot-sad:

and that should explain how only 2 votes went to Toy Boy despite how ecstatic we were about it in April..:blush-anim-cl: Truth is, however, that it is the live version that brings the best out of that song...

I voted for Pick Up Off The Floor, but I think it is I See You that should be the 4th single..

Oh, I actually prefer the albumversion. But then, I was never a huge fan of acoustic versions of his songs.:naughty:(Except for Relax and Rain)

I'm happy but surprised that One Foot Boy is winning.

Same here.

Almost a week now and I still don't know :aah:

I do have a top 3:

Blame It On The Girls (although it's mostly because of the intro :teehee:)

Good Gone Girl

One Foot Boy

And then there's also I See You and Rain .. I love those songs, not as in "favourite" but I don't know .. They mean something to me or so :teehee:

I still can't make up my mind which is my favourite, enough to vote anyway.

The four songs which are on a loop in my head all day (and night!), though, are One Foot Boy, By The Time, Touches You and Pick Up Off The Floor, so I suppose it has to be one of those.

BIOTG has so few votes :blink:. Looks like he picked the right song for second single then :teehee:.

Edit: Oops I meant to put Lover Boy too as one of my 'head' songs. I suppose it's no coincidence these are the five songs on the CD that I hadn't heard in full until Tuesday ;-)

I think all the new songs are really solid, but my two favourites are Blue Eyes and Dr. John. I rewind the CD so much that it's already started skipping ( really badly :teehee: )

WOW!

Blue Eyes got its 1st vote:thumb_yello:

:dance_man:

I hated to see it without any votes..

Thank you so much, guess it was you :wink2: