• I like Them All The Same
    • Lady Jane - Bonus Track

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Dean here (former owner of Mika Fan Club).

It has been a while.

I listened to he album on Spotify last night, and it was 3am before I finished listening (very addictive)

My fav is One Foot Boy, I was surprised to see it winning this poll, I thought there were more immediate hits on the album, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Rain is a great chorus.

Lover Boy reminds me of a Queen song, I can't remember which one, perhaps you guys can help me out there. It is very addictive though, but I swear, I thought it was a Queen cover (is it?).

We Are Golden - An instant hit, perfect first single, will have global appeal.

Dr John - Ok, this was really bugging me, the first line reminded me of a song, and I couldn't put my finger on it... but as I was writing this, it hit me: Oasis: The importance of being idle.

Again, perhaps you guys have already spotted this, bear in mind I haven't been back on MFC since I handed it over to the Mika management.

Good Gone Girl is back to the candyesque music of the first album, this is the closest song to fit the previous album's style imo.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and say hi again.

Great album, I prefer it to LiCM.

Dean

Good Gone Girl is back to the candyesque music of the first album, this is the closest song to fit the previous album's style imo.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and say hi again.

Great album, I prefer it to LiCM.

Dean

Welcome back Dean :bye:

I personally think 'rain' and dr. John remind me the most of the first album. Nice to hear you enjoy the album so much!:thumb_yello:

Hi Dean,

It's nice to see you back.

Glad you like the album.:thumb_yello:

I think there are a lot of songs on it that remind us of many other songs or artists in different ways: some in lyrics, some in bits of melody, some in overall feel, but no direct take in any.

Whilst I see what you mean with the Oasis song, the thing is that they have never been particularly original but a kind of 90s Beatles ..etc. Dr John does sound like a song from the 60s, so I'd probably compare it to other songs but never wondered which ones those would be.. :dunno:

I simply like Dr John.

Loverboy is not a cover and you can't tell what song it reminds you of because new 'dimensions' have been added to it since the origial version. So, if you listen to the demo you might have more clue but I definitely don't want to help you with that. To me it is a Mika song now..:blush-anim-cl:

wheeeeyyy someone else who isn't a fan of Blue Eyes lol :aah:

...Nobody loves me, everybody hates me... think I'll go and eat worms :teehee:

I can't vote on this, too many faves at the moment. Currently loving...

I See You

Rain (awesome - I hated the original 'slow' version lol)

By The Time

We Are Golden

Dr. John

Sigh... so many good tunes. We are well and truly spoilt with this masterpiece :wub2:

Looking at the results so far of this poll really reinforces how diverse this album is and how hard it it is to choose a favourite. Each track seems to have people who love it and people who don't like it at all.

There's the same polarity of view amongst music critics too :naughty:. For example, I have read reviews of "I See You" ranging from "slushy" to "surely Mika's finest moment".

Looking at the results so far of this poll really reinforces how diverse this album is and how hard it it is to choose a favourite. Each track seems to have people who love it and people who don't like it at all.

There's the same polarity of view amongst music critics too :naughty:. For example, I have read reviews of "I See You" ranging from "slushy" to "surely Mika's finest moment".

Very true. I've read opinions of my least favourite songs on here and thought, 'what?!?!' but really it does just go to show how diverse the album is, and also how diverse Mika's music as a whole is, because it's obvious that different aspects of everything he does appeals to different people in different ways. Depending on what you want to take from it, and how you perceive that thing in his music, I think, favourites vary. And that makes his music seem so multi-layered! :thumb_yello:

I love that the reviews of his various songs are so diverse!

I still can't decide on one clear favourite - even after playing the CD for days :naughty:

Eleven days non-stop listening to TBWKTM & I still can't choose a favourite.

I am beginning to think that it isn't a bad thing anymore especially with what you said about how diverse this album is & the various comments from many sources about each of the tracks on TBWKTM.

In a year or two when all the numbers are in I would not be surprised to see ten to twelve million albums sold.

Cross my fingers!

I just can't vote. I've looked at this thread several times, but I just can't make up my mind! I could give a different answer every day of the week -today is Rain, so maybe I should vote for that now that I've posted.............

I'm finding it hard to choose a favourite ... but here is where I have to confess that I must be the only person in the MFC (and possibly the world) who really doesn't like Good Gone Girl

It's really difficult to pick just one. I chose Good Gone Girl, but currently also really like Dr John, Blue Eyes, Blame It On The Girls, One Foot Boy and We Are Golden. I really like TBWKTM, apart from 2 tracks - By the Time and Pick Up Off The Floor.

mysti

Before I heard the whole album, I really liked BIOTG and Dr. John. After hearing it in it's entirety today, the ones that jumped out at me are By the Time, Pick Up Off the Floor, and Loverboy. I guess those songs are more my style, and will probably be the ones that I listen to the most.