Free Fan Show Monday 21.09.2009

Kasia_xxx

but suggestions are acceptable yes? like...after all gigs can he please pay for us to stay in the same hotel as him and if that is too full can he please get bigger one built adjacent to the gig so we don't have to travel back late at night unless we are in his 500 seat limo :aah: oh and if there are other buildings in the way just get them demolished too. :thumb_yello:

:roftl:

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't agree with the fact that he's doing it for publicity, and that he's not forking out for a lot (if not all) of it himself. I doubt that the Sun would be willing to pay, or that the record company would do it either.

We're talking about the same guy who spent tons of his own money (and this came straight from the horse's mouth) on the PDP show here, without going any further. He always spends a LOT on us (fans in general). He spent tons on that LA show, including the icream van stunt.

Same on the NYC icecream. He even brought a popcorn making machine to the LA queue just for the fans! Not to mention the donuts and coffee and stuff that John and co brought us.

Only last week he spent tons on that pub thing too...I think that it's unfair on him to say these things. My opinion :thumb_yello:.

Record companies always budget for publicity for launches - it's part of the investment. Mika's tweet about The Sun sounds like a sponsorship deal to me.

I've already agreed that Mika has been generous to fans in queues. I don't believe and have never said that he does that for publicity.

Right, I'm going to bed.

Excuse me for sounding rude, but there's really nothing to discuss now. Some people are going, yay! Some people are happy for them. Some people may be happy for them but are disappointed that they're not getting to see him and/or saying it's unfair.

Mmkay.

Next topic please? ...

Another day at the office then, or on the MFC forum!:wink2:

Twice….and soon for the third time!:biggrin2:

Just wanted to say!:naughty:

Only once for me and that was just last month and only four songs. :mf_rosetinted: (Even if it was free. :teehee:) Though he did cancel on me in Gothenburg two years ago and I still haven't gotten anything for that. :poke: Heck, he's cancelled a lot in Scandinavia so I don't know what she's on about. :lmfao:

I'm really glad both you and Mika are going to Skavlan :biggrin2: I officially love that man. He's awesome. :fangurl: (Skavlan I mean. Though that tall dude too I suppose. :naughty:) How many did you say are going? Four? Wow :D Shame about the no interview though. I don't get whyyyyy :dunno: *whinges* I'll be keeping an eye out for radio interviews though. I hope I hope :yay:

Right, I'm going to bed.

Excuse me for sounding rude, but there's really nothing to discuss now. Some people are going, yay! Some people are happy for them. Some people may be happy for them but are disappointed that they're not getting to see him and/or saying it's unfair.

Mmkay.

Next topic please? ...

Goodnight Caz :huglove: Sleep well :thumb_yello:

I don't suppose anyone's going on their own and will be able to nab a spare ticket that they'll be willing to pass my way? I can make the evening but not the daytime.

My spare is spoken for, I'm afraid, but I hope someone can help you.

Tell me about it. ¬_¬...

So! Sienna! When's YOUR next Mika gig? How often has Mika been to Sweden?

Oh this is a question I love to answer!

First, April 2007, Berns, a restaurang in Stockholm, full gig, around 500 people.

Second, November 2007, the fall tour. Met him, got a hug!:wub2:

We are waiting for him to come I October as a musical guest for a TV show!

Only once for me and that was just last month and only four songs. :mf_rosetinted: (Even if it was free. :teehee:) Though he did cancel on me in Gothenburg two years ago and I still haven't gotten anything for that. :poke: Heck, he's cancelled a lot in Scandinavia so I don't know what she's on about. :lmfao:

I'm really glad both you and Mika are going to Skavlan :biggrin2: I officially love that man. He's awesome. :fangurl: (Skavlan I mean. Though that tall dude too I suppose. :naughty:) How many did you say are going? Four? Wow :D Shame about the no interview though. I don't get whyyyyy :dunno: *whinges* I'll be keeping an eye out for radio interviews though. I hope I hope

5, maybe 6!

Two from Stockholm, two from Gothenburg, one from Norway! Maybe one from Finland. The vikings are gathering!:roftl:

Oh yes, watching Skavlan interview Mika would have been a blast!:naughty:

My spare is spoken for, I'm afraid, but I hope someone can help you.

I hope so too! First day of uni and I'm already planning on sodding off back to London, hahaha. Wish I could ditch in the morning and get me an ice cream and a wristband but there are all sorts of inconvenient things such as modules and ID cards that need sorting out.

But, if anyone can help me get some more Mika goodness in my life, you'll officially be my bestest friend in the whoooooole world. :biggrin2:

I am a little confused though, 700 tickets are being given away, but the capacity of the venue is 800 (according to a couple of sites, though it varies from site to site) so is he holding back 100 tickets?

I hope so too! First day of uni and I'm already planning on sodding off back to London, hahaha. Wish I could ditch in the morning and get me an ice cream and a wristband but there are all sorts of inconvenient things such as modules and ID cards that need sorting out.

But, if anyone can help me get some more Mika goodness in my life, you'll officially be my bestest friend in the whoooooole world. :biggrin2:

I am a little confused though, 700 tickets are being given away, but the capacity of the venue is 800 (according to a couple of sites, though it varies from site to site) so is he holding back 100 tickets?

VIPs I expect - it would help get publicity for the Launch. Or it could be his family :biggrin2:

Ok, I know that I don't have "facts", but I just wanted to throw something in here to remind people of the tweets that Mika made a couple of weeks back regarding a "free party/gig" :

**** it. If we do well I'm gonna hold a free open party/gig in London xx!

http://twitter.com/mikasounds/status/3798461327

I am going to pay for this party. now to find a venue big enough. I'm working on it. THIS IS FOR YOU GUYS!

As this party/gig that he's talking about never materialised (I don't think that the drinks thing could be called a gig :wink2:?) it was still pending, and I am inclined to believe that it's the same one that he wanted to do last Friday and that never happened with Scala on the same day, so it's happening now.

Anyway, we don't know for sure, but I think that this is it. So he's paying :biggrin2:

Ok, I know that I don't have "facts", but I just wanted to throw something in here to remind people of the tweets that Mika made a couple of weeks back regarding a "free party/gig" :

**** it. If we do well I'm gonna hold a free open party/gig in London xx!

http://twitter.com/mikasounds/status/3798461327

I am going to pay for this party. now to find a venue big enough. I'm working on it. THIS IS FOR YOU GUYS!

As this party/gig that he's talking about never materialised (I don't think that the drinks thing could be called a gig :wink2:?) it was still pending, and I am inclined to believe that it's the same one that he wanted to do last Friday and that never happened with Scala on the same day, so it's happening now.

Anyway, we don't know for sure, but I think that this is it. So he's paying :biggrin2:

Ahh, it would have been nice if it was last weekend (moan grumble) when I was i London, but hey ho, I survived it and yeey I remember getting a warm glow reading that tweet :wub2:

Edited by sparkly1

Some places don't allow you to have your phone on when your work.

Crap, didn't think of that. :naughty: Pigeon? :dunno:

Oh this is a question I love to answer!

First, April 2007, Berns, a restaurang in Stockholm, full gig, around 500 people.

Second, November 2007, the fall tour. Met him, got a hug!:wub2:

We are waiting for him to come I October as a musical guest for a TV show!

5, maybe 6!

Two from Stockholm, two from Gothenburg, one from Norway! Maybe one from Finland. The vikings are gathering!:roftl:

Oh yes, watching Skavlan interview Mika would have been a blast!:naughty:

Don't forget the Rix Fm festival in Malmö a bit over a month ago. :fisch: An 08 will be an 08. :poke::naughty:

Wowza! And all just for one song!? Madness. :teehee: Sorry I'm missing out though but I'm working. But if I lived in Stockholm (or atleast thereabouts) I'd be there in a flash. :roftl:

Have spend hours reading through all the thread!!!

And as I am asking a question ...... thought I'd start with my opinion!!

I can't believe MIKA is holding this event.... it is amazing! I don't know whether I can go or not as I too have work commitments ........ but what an amazing thing to do ....... I don't know any other celebrity that I have admired put on a free gig, concert or let alone 'free bar'. It is soooooo generous of him .......... and not even necessary I feel ........... you either love him or don't ...... a free anything won't change that!

Anyway ..... my question ........ does MIKA give the tickets away in the ice-cream van? Always? Sometimes? Until they have gone then he goes?

Partly curious, partly hoping my Daughter can get there cause I am working during the day ..... and partly preparing myself to cope with my jealousy if she gets to speak to MIKA and I don't!!!!!!

P.S. Does he ever 'do' photos with fans?

xx

I can't believe MIKA is holding this event.... it is amazing! I don't know whether I can go or not as I too have work commitments ........ but what an amazing thing to do ....... I don't know any other celebrity that I have admired put on a free gig, concert or let alone 'free bar'. It is soooooo generous of him .......... and not even necessary I feel ........... you either love him or don't ...... a free anything won't change that!

Anyway ..... my question ........ does MIKA give the tickets away in the ice-cream van? Always? Sometimes? Until they have gone then he goes?

Partly curious, partly hoping my Daughter can get there cause I am working during the day ..... and partly preparing myself to cope with my jealousy if she gets to speak to MIKA and I don't!!!!!!

xx

in LA he was in the ice cream truck, but he wasn't in NY. so we really don't know. i think he has a busy schedule that day, but we never know with Mika :dunno:

when he can & when he isn't too tired, he does do pictures with fans. it's really up to him & how tight his schedule is.

if you look at peoples avatar & signatures, lots of them have pics of themselves with mika :wink2:

xx

Just to add to Guy's reply above:

This is from Mikasounds...........

Step 1: Get to ‘Dray Walk’ at The Old Truman Brewery at 91 Brick Lane for 12:30pm on Monday Sept 21st - click here for a map.

Step 2: Look for Mika & The Sun’s Bizarre Ice Cream Van!

Personally I would think that this would indicate that he does indeed intend to be there but as Guy mentioned, we never really know with Mika!

Hope you manage to get to the gig :thumb_yello:

Step 1: Get to ‘Dray Walk’ at The Old Truman Brewery at 91 Brick Lane for 12:30pm on Monday Sept 21st - click here for a map.

Personally I would think that this would indicate that he does indeed intend to be there but as Guy mentioned, we never really know with Mika!

:teehee: i read that meaning more like a poster of Mika & the sun's bizarre ice cream van :naughty:

could be then! :dunno:

I think there could be an "'s" missing there and they mean the ice cream van belongs to Mika and The Sun. But I still think there's a good chance Mika will put in an appearance.

He loves ice cream. :wink2:

:teehee: i read that meaning more like a poster of Mika & the sun's bizarre ice cream van :naughty:

could be then! :dunno:

Ah...................yes, good point:naughty: I was taking it literaly, with him being in the one at LA.....

P4140403-1.jpg

(just thought this thread might benefit from a little light relief:naughty:)

I think there could be an "'s" missing there and they mean the ice cream van belongs to Mika and The Sun. But I still think there's a good chance Mika will put in an appearance.

He loves ice cream. :wink2:

T'would be nice if he was there.......but he is going to be a very busy boy tomorrow. Maybe needs a few ice creams to sustain him.:biggrin2:

Ah...................yes, good point:naughty: I was taking it literaly, with him being in the one at LA.....

P4140403-1.jpg

(just thought this thread might benefit from a little light relief:naughty:)

T'would be nice if he was there.......but he is going to be a very busy boy tomorrow. Maybe needs a few ice creams to sustain him.:biggrin2:

ah! :aah: the good old days when mika had nothing to do then go around spreading love through ice cream and record a few songs now and then :naughty:

ah! :aah: the good old days when mika had nothing to do then go around spreading love through ice cream and record a few songs now and then :naughty:

True.

Must have been all of five months ago:naughty:

But then a week can seem like a lifetime on MFC:shocked:

I've only just caught up with this thread ... and need to go to work now .. so this will be quick ... I went to see Coldplay yesterday ... utterly amazing ... was an honour to see a band so on form and at the top of their game ... I had confetti and balloons ... and it made me really badly want to see Mika again ... I don't know why ... it just did ... :aah:

Whether I get a text tomorrow to say I have a ticket or not (Rose or whoever else - I'll still be praying) If I don't get a text ... I will be very disappointed ... human nature ... but it's in the laps of the gods ... and I wish everyone going a fantastic evening .... I know you'll have one ... I just hope I can share it with you :wub2:

Need to go now ... am shattered as have only had 3 fecking hours sleep and now need to go and cook chickens all day .... :aah: I love my life :lmfao:

I am at our summer cottage right now (lots of those in Finland), and my internet connection is lousy, so I haven't read back everything. Just want to say that I'm not going to moan, I think he is kind and generous doing this, and I'm doing everything I can to be there tomorrow.

This is not easy, I'm putting a lot of effort and organizing to this! I can tell you that short notice flights from Finland are quite expensive! And I don't have too much money! This means that there are many things I cannot afford in future. And the problem is that I cannot buy the cheapest option, I need to buy the tickets that fit to my family schedule. I'm not young free and single, lol! I have a house full of kids and dogs, and my husband has to take two days off from work so I can make this... (well, he is willing to do it, so I guess I'm quite lucky too!).

To tell the trouth I'm really afraid that I'm not going to get tickets :blink: I don't know London well, and there will be so many people... But I'm going to take a risk. You remember his promote gigs after LICM came out? There are many vids in youtube. Every time I watch them I think, OMG how I wish I had been there! This time I'm going to be there. At least I try...

And if I will not get those tickets I will be so disappointed I can't describe it. But that's life I guess? I will survive eventually... And maybe it will cure me. I will never be addicted to anything in my life again! :biggrin2: Well, if I can get tickets I will give another one to someone from MFC.

I have been mostly following this thread. I've not read every single post, but the main gist.

I just wanted to throw in a few observations.

20 or 30 years ago, if you were a fan of someone, the most you could expect would be to send off a postcard to join their fan club. In return you would recieve stickers, badges, pictures and a quarterly update on what they were doing, or something very similar.

Obviously times have changed and SOME people in the public eye are a lot more savvy in relation to the internet via things like twitter, myspace etc

Like our lovely Mika of course !

We have a LOT more access to him, what he thinks, getting chance to meet him etc than people EVER did in the past.

He does THE most generous things for his fans, but mostly especially his fan club. He has said on numerous ocassions how amazing he thinks we are :wub2:

I was lucky to personally witness this at Blackpool where he said some lovely things about us always being there for him etc

At the end of the day he works hard and is well known for what he does. No-one has any rights over what he does, but himself and his management.

I would love to go tomorrow, but its just not practical for me. I will enjoy people's reports on here instead and live it through them :thumb_yello:

I don't mean to have a dig at anyone here in any way, but I think your perspective on life changes when you are older, and you just appreciate the opportunities that pass your way, and try not to lament too much on what could have been.

This post is far too long now :roftl: so I'll just say I hope everyone has a great time tomorrow and I look forward to the photo's and reports ! :biggrin2: xx