Can I ask what the tags on this thread are all about?

A couple of people here demanded a presale and that's what they got, although from what I can tell they didn't even bother to take advantage of it.

Unless my information is incorrect it was not too little too late. The tickets through Sandbag were available before any tickets were available from any other source. Is this not the case?

I heard your demands that you want to be treated like every other MFCer. Well guess what, this is exactly how all the other presales go. Announcements come at the 11th hour and presales take place at the same time.

If anything you'd been given M ORE advanced notice than the Europeans and North Americans. For the first tour MFCers didn't even know what the announcement was about. News of a tour, dates and the link to the presale happened simultaneously.

It seems to me that some people don't want to be treated like other MFCers at all, you seem to think you're entitled to some kind of special treatment. Why you think you're entitled to that when you hide in your thread and bitch and moan about Mika, Team Mika and the moderators and contribute nothing else to the general MFC I can't even begin to imagine.

Sorry I have to get to work so I'm making this (sort of) brief...

This is not true and perhaps we are remiss in not explaining how these things seem to be working. (There are always variables and nothing is written in stone but I can give you some background).

When the first presale came about for the acoustic tour we were told that Mika wanted to put aside a certain percentage of tickets (I think it was maybe 30%?) for his fans. In fact I think the term Team Mika used was that Mika "insisted" so I got the impression that he may have even gotten some resistance on the size of the allotment of presale tickets and still pushed for it.

What this amounted to was a Mikasounds presale where a large block of the very best tickets in the house were reserved for fans. MFC wanted to get involved at this point because we wanted to see if we could get an advance on this general presale because we knew that any joe blow who happened to be on the Mikasounds mailing list would be able to buy tickets.

Sometimes this happens and sometimes it doesn't, but we are at the stage now where Team Mika appears to be attempting to make this happen in every case. There was a misunderstanding with Universal last time that caused problems with the link being distributed too early for the North American presale.

In the case of the Aussie sale there was such a short window between the MFC presale at 12 pm and the Ticketek presale at 3 pm they decided to just do the MFC and Mikasounds presales simultaneously. Since this was a general admission gig we knew this wouldn't present any problems for MFCers and you'd all get your tickets without any problems so there was no need to push them any further on this.

These Mikasounds presales are happening at the Team Mika level at Mika's insistence and MFC is only getting involved to see that we can get the best possible advantage for our members here over the general membership of Mikasounds.

In other words you don't need to complain to see that it happens. The wheels are already in motion for these presales before we even have confirmation of tour dates.

No Christine! In the aussie thread the last few days, we've been positively buzzing with excitemement. At first we were a bit stunned, but now we're just totally happy :biggrin2:

I had no idea that some people were unhappy.

I was totally happy with the MFC presale - i heard about it in enough time, i got my tickets, i'm so happy my face is proabably going to split in half, no problem :arf2:

Maybe some people are unahppy, I for one can't imagine why they would be, but I had no idea there was any kind of issue and right now I couldnt be happier to belong to this commnity and have such a wonderful team who got us a presale :huglove:

I've never thought we were hiding in our threads, whining - perhaps we were a little at first, but then, it really became a running joke more than anything. Sure, i've been upset at my restrictions a few times and taken that out on MFC (and i'm sorry I did that) But about 6 months ago, I became happy to wait, and see what would happen.

Look what happened now!

I'm going to australia, i'm going to meet the MFC'ers AND i'm going to see Mika, smack bam in the middle of my exams (oddly enough, i have 5 exams, then a 1 week break, then two more exams. What are the chances Mika comes to australia in that one week? Or That I get to go?)

*praises god of mika * :bow:

Bottom line for me

1) Id like the aussies to feel and be more part of the MFC again , you know from day one what a massive part of the community I though you were

and

2) Talk to the mod team direct , we are here to help ,we all hate to see our named being thread checked when we are here to help

Mika shaking his cute ass in front of you all will do the rest , and hopefully we can get some meet type thing going will bring it all together :big grin2:

I've never felt like I wasnt part of the MFC! Granted, I've never been to a Mika gig, never met a MFCer (although thats ALLL gonna change in two months :teehee: )

We've always been one big community, and sure, some people have got more of Mika then others but of one thing i'm 100% sure; it will all be fair in the end :cheerful_h4h:

obviously not going but SO happy for all the aussies! :punk:

Lol it cracked me up racinghorse's comment in the presence space

What can I say, I'm happy :biggrin2:

Well, as much as I hate unpleasantness, I'm glad it got addressed. I've been embarrassed about those tags being on this thread, because it made it seem like the whole of the Aussies felt that way, which is not the case at all.

But I hadn't got around to saying anything, when there's so much going on over the whole of the forum.

In the sense of all Aussies being tarred with the same brush though, I do feel a little unjustly accused of sitting in my thread and not contributing to the forum. Actually, a little more than unjustly accused, but I can understand that it is perhaps not always tactful to point out exactly who you mean with comments like that, and the rest of us have just got to wear it and try not to take offence.

OK, I've said my piece. Just needed to get it off my chest.

And FD, if you keep throwing too many more hints like that our way, I just may explode out of sheer excitement. I feel like I've come close to exploding several times in the last few days. I'm amazed that I'm not in hospital being treated for cardiac arrest.:nau ghty:

I felt that same way at being accused of sitting in my thread and whining - for a long time I was on MFC , and rarely posted in the aussie thread (i think when I did I annoyed them :naughty: ) still 80% of the threads i post in are not at all related to NZ or Australia - I AM here for Mika, after all.

Some people tag things with their own personal feelings, which is just up to them. Don't box us all into those feelings.

I guess we just have to out-tag those people :biggrin2::biggrin2:

*goes to add tags*

And if I don't seem excited, it's prob just because its been so long, and with one disappointment already that it seems too surreal to be excited.

It was the same for me at the start, but now those feelings are dissolving into being plain excited :naughty:

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really need your ukulele?

What's Jetstar's carry on limit anyways?

Yes :naughty: But I've decided I can livw without and save $10 on all my flights by squeezing all my stuff into my (small) school bag. I can dooo it!

Not sure, but they always piss people off by making them try to squeeze their carry on bags into the little box thing and then telling them they have to pay $60 to check them. :naughty:

What's something awesome and fun that we can all wear/have on our person?

I'd be (personally) against a full on item of clothing that we all wear, because we want people to be comfortable and look good in what they wear, but does anyone have any ideas about any nicknaks, wristbands, necklaces, glowing thingymagigs, etc, that are relatively cheap, fun and easily obtainable for everyone?

There is the traditional MFC glowing heart necklaces, which Tegan is ordering a bunch of if you want one. We are trying to think of our own unique thing, if you have any suggestions?

We're looking into crotch lasers, but logistics are proving difficult...

There is the traditional MFC glowing heart necklaces, which Tegan is ordering a bunch of if you want one. We are trying to think of our own unique thing, if you have any suggestions?

We're looking into crotch lasers, but logistics are proving difficult...

And I'm seriously hoping that this whole crotch laser thing is not serious. Apart from the fact that I'm thinking about wearing a dress (which means I won't have a fly to attach crotch lasers to) I couldn't do it. I really couldn't. There are a million and one things I'm prepared to do, but this isn't one of them. However if the rest of you want them, I'll laugh, I mean, support you all the way:thumb_yello:

Oh no!

It was all going well - Got yesses from everyone until the big one: Who I stay with - Aunty's not so big on it...... *Worried...*

You can't stay with us? How long are you staying for? Some of us are sensible mature adults, even if we muck around a lot on here.

And I'm seriously hoping that this whole crotch laser thing is not serious. Apart from the fact that I'm thinking about wearing a dress (which means I won't have a fly to attach crotch lasers to) I couldn't do it. I really couldn't. There are a million and one things I'm prepared to do, but this isn't one of them. However if the rest of you want them, I'll laugh, I mean, support you all the way:thumb_yello:

You wouldn't be able to see crotch lasers anyways, not with a stage/barrier/people blocking the area :naughty:

Oh no!

It was all going well - Got yesses from everyone until the big one: Who I stay with - Aunty's not so big on it...... *Worried...*

Is your mum saying that you definitely have to stay with her?

:naughty: You don't have to. We won't force you :fisch:

Do you drink vodka btw? :teehee:

You wouldn't be able to see crotch lasers anyways, not with a stage/barrier/people blocking the area :naughty:

:naughty:

You can't stay with us? How long are you staying for? Some of us are sensible mature adults, even if we muck around a lot on here.

No, my family won't approve of me staying with you guys if she's not met you. But thanks for the offer :huglove:

She said she'd discuss it with me on sunday when she calls Granddad but I just sent her a text back saying that I needed to know before then because tix go on sale monday morning and I will not work in a stuffy resteraunte loading glasses into a dishwasher and talking them out, waitressing and folding napkins (It is a very mind numbing task) if at the end of it, she'll just say no.

I told her where and when the concert is and that the theater holds 2000 or so people and that that is less people than there were at James Blunt (I went to his show in Welly last year half-alone) and I'm just opening her reply now...

She's pretty much denaied me.

Is your mum saying that you definitely have to stay with her?

:naughty: You don't have to. We won't force you :fisch:

Do you drink vodka btw? :teehee:

:naughty:

You know I don't drink. Why? What have you got up your sleeve?:sneaky2:

No, my family won't approve of me staying with you guys if she's not met you. But thanks for the offer :huglove:

She said she'd discuss it with me on sunday when she calls Granddad but I just sent her a text back saying that I needed to know before then because tix go on sale monday morning and I will not work in a stuffy resteraunte loading glasses into a dishwasher and talking them out, waitressing and folding napkins (It is a very mind numbing task) if at the end of it, she'll just say no.

I told her where and when the concert is and that the theater holds 2000 or so people and that that is less people than there were at James Blunt (I went to his show in Welly last year half-alone) and I'm just opening her reply now...

She's pretty much denaied me.

No!

Yeah, but I was picturing before the gig whilst standing in the queue and after if there's a M&G.

Before hand would be mega embarrassing. After might be kind of funny. Imagine Mika's face:teehee:

I am all done having babies thankyou very much!

But it's Mika!

I'd totally go there! :das:

Yes :naughty: But I've decided I can livw without and save $10 on all my flights by squeezing all my stuff into my (small) school bag. I can dooo it!

Not sure, but they always piss people off by making them try to squeeze their carry on bags into the little box thing and then telling them they have to pay $60 to check them. :naughty:

As long as you don't end up starving or anything... I'd hate for you to starve...

What's something awesome and fun that we can all wear/have on our person?

I'd be (personally) against a full on item of clothing that we all wear, because we want people to be comfortable and look good in what they wear, but does anyone have any ideas about any nicknaks, wristbands, necklaces, glowing thingymagigs, etc, that are relatively cheap, fun and easily obtainable for everyone?

We are ordering flashing hearts and I'll supply glowsticks for people to wear, but is there anything else you could think of?

Oh no!

Oooooh... I hope she says yes...

I am all done having babies thankyou very much!

But it's Mika!

I'd totally go there! :das:

Well it wouldn't take much to convince me lol, pregnancy is not nice to me though. Last pregnancy I was on a drip for a week cause the morning sickness was so bad.

But if Mika just totally can't resist me and he insists.. I suppose I could consider it. :mf_lustslow:

I have a bunch of the "official" MFC badges...would you like me to send them over to one of you, and you can all make use of them?

(I'll be in Melb for a week next month, so easy to post)

Great idea BS. You could post them to Teegs as our world rep or post them to one of the Melbournites and it would be cheaper.

This is my first post. I have read all the posts on this thread and it's obvious you guys are going to have a really good time. My wife is a forum member here, so it's really weird I'm posting here. Unfortunately I won't be going to the concert, but that's okay. I would probably be a wet blanket LOL!!!

I have Listened to the new Mika album. I will consider posting my thoughts on it in this forum.

This is my first post. I have read all the posts on this thread and it's obvious you guys are going to have a really good time. My wife is a forum member here, so it's really weird I'm posting here. Unfortunately I won't be going to the concert, but that's okay. I would probably be a wet blanket LOL!!!

I have Listened to the new Mika album. I will consider posting my thoughts on it in this forum.

Hi Bulldog:bye:

Yep, I hope we do all have a good time:) Is there are reason you aren't coming to the gig too?

Do let us know what you think of the new album. It's always interesting to get the perspective of someone who's not a raving Mika fan.

Well it wouldn't take much to convince me lol, pregnancy is not nice to me though. Last pregnancy I was on a drip for a week cause the morning sickness was so bad.

But if Mika just totally can't resist me and he insists.. I suppose I could consider it. :mf_lustslow:

How kind of you to consider it :naughty:

Wouldn't want to break his heart after all...

Great idea BS. You could post them to Teegs as our world rep or post them to one of the Melbournites and it would be cheaper.

Sorted :naughty:

Hey there bulldog! It's not weird at all... well I don't think it is!

Feel free to share your thoughts on the album, we've been discussing it in the Aussie thread..

So I'm on the maybe list again because my mother talked my aunty round to it.

It turns out that my aunty was worried about when I move out of home (I'm 15 for crying out loud!) am I just going to have no money then decided I suddenly want to go to a Mika concert and mooch off my family.

I told her many times during this phone call that I AM NOT UNCLE ***** (her brother).

So now my mother says I must call flight center tomorrow to find out what the cheapest fares are and if they're cheap enough, I will work for what I can, my mother will pay the rest and I will pay her back.

Granddad said he will pay for my ticket.

Is there any possibility to reserve a ticket or are they refundable?

Do you think he will sell out amazingly fast like some artists?