BIOTG video and Jools Holland

babspanky

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But overall I liked the video! TBH, there aren't many of Mika's videos that I feel really add something to his music. I prefer just watching videos of his live performances.

Same here!

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I think I like the video... I've watched it three times and it doesn't make me think, blah, what a pile of crap, but it doesn't excite me like the WAG video did. (And DON'T take that the wrong way). With WAG I would finish watching it and I'd just click play again because it was so great and there was so much to see.

I kind of had this idea in my head that it would be more of a narrative (and I let the idea run away with me a bit) so that Mika would be kind of haunting this guy and lip syncing along the way. Sort of like when the guy's fixing his hair in the morning Mika appears in the mirror behind him but then the guy turns around and Mika's not there, Mika serves him in a restaurant etc etc and eventually this guy just goes insane because everywhere he goes, Mika's there.

Baaaah, I think I might just make a version in my head and use that one instead. :aah:

Oh and it also bugged me as well that he went out of shot a few times. I think what it was was that a lot of the shots were quite long so they ended up with a sort of 'that one'll do' kind of feel to it which you just can't have in this business. But I DID like the fact that the video cameras matched the tellies. That was a nice touch.

I overall liked the video, just liked it, not loved it. I really loved the dancers though, brilliant idea! The dancers were a bit Calvin Harris-ish imo and the set looked a bit like the one of the music video for Patrick Wolf's "The Magic Position". But I really disliked Mika's hat. xD

Edited by Iridaceae

Was it just me who found it a little bit gross that he wasn't wearing socks with his shoes?

It might depend on which continent you live on.

Here in Canada it isn't gross to most people.

It is better than those who wear socks with sandals & flipflops. YUCK!

It might depend on which continent you live on.

Here in Canada it isn't gross to most people.

It is better than those who wear socks with sandals & flipflops. YUCK!

Well obviously I'm not talking about wearing socks with sandals, I'm not a monster!!! :roftl::roftl:

But with proper mens shoes then socks are kind of...necessary. In my opinion at least.

Thank you Bab!

There are so many things wrong with this video I don't even know where to start. I felt like jumping into my screen and fixing everything. :aah: :aah: :aah:

Are you underwhelmed? So am I really :blink:

The whole thing feels rushed to me. There are some good bits which had real potential but overall...it's kind of flat and not fully realised.

I dunno, don't like the colors/setting I guess, not crazy about the outfit and hat either... And he looks a bit weird dancing there, I don't know, it's not my cup of tea (yet?)

Wow!

Droopsy do you think it will grow on you.

Or is this concept just not one you like at all??

Did you see him shift Martin so he could sit down to do his laces up? LOL :teehee:

Huh? When was that? I didn't see anything... But I'm not the sharpest knife in th drawer. :biggrin2:

I'm not sure about the video... I'm a little disappointed... It seems a little...

Normal.

Normal probably isn't the word, but I'm only young, gimme a break!

Edited by Fangirl
Made a mistake.

as some of you mentioned that the camera missed some of mika's moves: watch the downloadable version of the video, on the youtube one the sides are cut off. :wink2:

i love how it all fits together so well, you feel like you're thrown into a 50s movie. ok if you were expecting a storyline, there isn't one... but then, there wasn't in most of mika's videos. :bleh:

I think I like the video... I've watched it three times and it doesn't make me think, blah, what a pile of crap, but it doesn't excite me like the WAG video did. (And DON'T take that the wrong way). With WAG I would finish watching it and I'd just click play again because it was so great and there was so much to see.

:das::das::das::biggrin2:

You don’t really know your fellow MFCers do you?

You really think I would miss out on that one!?:lmao:

BIOTG video.

Thanks babspanky!

Here goes: I love it!

Mika is really shaking things up!

I suppose I should have figured that out listening to TBWKTM non-stop for the last twelve days.

It is full of sexuality questions & statements.

It is the perfect setting being the album is about the adolescent years.

It is also good timing considering what is happening in Europe & North America.

Very astute Mika!

It is another Love him or Hate him album & vids.

The album & the two vids are five stars out of five stars for me.

Mika is his own piper.

He follows nobody.

I applaud you for your courage and your good sense & talent to wrap it all up in tunes I can't get out of my head - don't want to either.:thumb_yello:

Well obviously I'm not talking about wearing socks with sandals, I'm not a monster!!! :roftl::roftl:

But with proper mens shoes then socks are kind of...necessary. In my opinion at least.

Hahaha!

You made me spit out a mouthful of coffee.:roftl::roftl:

Thanks - I think.:roftl::roftl:

What you guys said :wink2:

I cannot believe I listed PUOTF as my least fave track on the album -'HELLO'... earth to Jules :doh: It was absolutely breathtaking to hear it live - I just melted, sigh...

MIKA is truly amazing and I don't know how he keeps coming up with the goods but both Kev & I have said the new album is just as (if not better) that LICM and I NEVER thought I'd be saying that !!

Did you see him shift Martin so he could sit down to do his laces up? LOL :teehee:

I have to agree - I think it could have an edge on LICM, but that could be because I can't stop listening to it at the moment, so it's in the forefront of my mind. I prefer the more upbeat songs, but of the slowies, I preferred PUOTF to ISY from the start, so I was really please to be amongst the first to hear it live :wub2:

Yes, shoving Martin out the way was hilarious. I can't believe he didn't come and sit in front of us, there was plenty of room.....:naughty:

Is he ever gonna stop using those silver chewing gum wrappers? :biggrin2::roftl:

TORTURE - I haven't seen the video yet - I'm being a good girl and waiting for Kev to get back from work so that we can watch it together. Now if THAT'S not true love - I don't know what is :wub2:

Aaah.... :wub2::wub2:

:das::das::das::biggrin2:

You don’t really know your fellow MFCers do you?

You really think I would miss out on that one!?:lmao:

Well I thought I'd call it before someone else did. :naughty: But you know, he WAS half naked and I'm only human. :roftl:

Hahaha!

You made me spit out a mouthful of coffee.:roftl::roftl:

Thanks - I think.:roftl::roftl:

But socks and sandals IS a crime against humanity. And anyone who doesn't agree should be sent to an island full of middle aged holidaymakers with awful greying socks and terrible faux suede sandals with buckles and velcro.

God, I feel dirty even talking about it.

Well I thought I'd call it before someone else did. :naughty: But you know, he WAS half naked and I'm only human. :roftl:

We all are:blush-anim-cl:....*pats your head*

Evil jokes are most of the time only joy of recognition!:teehee:

Ok...Just arrived, Just seen it here's what I think:

I ADORE the first part until the walls fly. :wub2:

Then...it all gets very Clockwork Orange like (sadly for a short while)...and the girls remind me of Calvin Hariss's videos...

I don't like what his hair looks like...he moves in slow-motion...I love his trousers...

all in all...I think it could've been better! :huh:

Thank you Bab!

There are so many things wrong with this video I don't even know where to start. I felt like jumping into my screen and fixing everything. :aah: :aah: :aah:

:teehee:

BUT, :naughty: it did bug me that he went out of frame so often - it didn't always look intentional, it looked like the cameral guy didn't expect it and they didn't have time to re-take. There was also either some bad lip-synching or some really bad sound-match up in the editing suite. And if I'm really honest with myself I did not like anything about the dancers or their outfits.

But overall I liked the video! TBH, there aren't many of Mika's videos that I feel really add something to his music. I prefer just watching videos of his live performances. I think they only video I really liked was Big Girl, because it felt so home-made and had great energy.

Agreed with the bolded parts. The only video of Mika I really loved was WAG and not for the obvious reasons. It's just that I didn't care for the song WAG, didn't understand it or whatever. But when I saw the video it fell all right into place. Loved the concept and the vid did add a lot to the song.

the video remembers me too much "boys&girls" video of martin solveig..perhaps for the dancers and I don't really like the pale pink colour...luckily Mika take away his hat at the end...:biggrin2:

I like Martin's vid more actually. Love Martin :wub2:

Omg am I even allowed to say that on the mfc or should I just take the bullet now :aah:

Wow!

Droopsy do you think it will grow on you.

Or is this concept just not one you like at all??

I'm afraid it won't. I've watched it a few times now like a friend suggested but I still don't like it. The parts I do like are the dancers actually, and the part with the pink piano and him dancing in front of the tv's at 2.10-2.20. I think most of it is because of the colors tho. I really don't like them and color does a lot for me :teehee: (don't like the hat either, sorry!)

edit: it drives me crazy that I don't know what this vid reminds me off! A bit of benny & joon mixed with ed wood maybe, I dunno :aah:

Edited by Droopsy