Mika in Munich, Germany at Zenith

Christine

CONFUSED!

I just looked at the trains in Munich and it is similar to London underground, but I have no idea which 1 I need to take from Strauss airport which will take me closest to the venue. Can anyone tell me please?

I know it's a bit early to think about this but I prepare in advance!

I found this: http://http://www.s-bahn-muenchen.de/public_main_modul.php Not sure if it's a proper solution:dunno:, but should be a start

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CONFUSED!

I just looked at the trains in Munich and it is similar to London underground, but I have no idea which 1 I need to take from Strauss airport which will take me closest to the venue. Can anyone tell me please?

I know it's a bit early to think about this but I prepare in advance!

Hmmmm Im sure many here could help , Mellody or Leator PM .. many others too:thumb_yello:

Emika, what time you'll arive in Munich? Then I can look for you what you can choose. :wink2:

The http://www.s-bahn-muenchen.de is not so useful, because you need also a metro to come to Zenith.

So it's better with http://www.mvv-muenchen.de.

Here is an example:

09:42 ab Flughafen München S-Bahn S8 Geltendorf

10:20 an Marienplatz about 2 minutes to go from the S-Bahn to the metro

10:30 ab Marienplatz U-Bahn U6 Fröttmaning

10:42 an Freimann

10:43 ab Freimann Way ca. 12 minutes for about 0,5 km

Well, if I fly, we should arrive in Strauss airport at about 9:05 am if I leave Gatwick airport at 6:15 am OR at 15:50pm if I leave Gatwick at 13:00 pm.

So, i'm not quite sure yet but I think it will be at 9:05 am to be in Munich.

I really do appreciate all the help. Thanks so much!

Much love to all Mika fans for your help.

And cheers for the http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/ site. It is helping but it is in German and i'm struggling a bit with the site because google auto translate isn't very accurate.

just click on the flag on the top right to get it in english. :wink2: here's the direct link: http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/home/index.html the station you'll need for Zenith is FREIMANN - from the city centre that's U6 in the direction of Garching-Forschungszentrum (or some trains only go until Garching-Hochbrück, they're ok too).

so if you wanna go from the airport to the zenith, i'd recommend you take the S8 to Marienplatz, there change to U6 (direction Garching-Forschungszentrum) to Freimann. there are other possibilities that include buses etc., but that's the one i'd choose, and the easiest one. :wink2:

about tickets, if you're going from the airport and need another ticket in the evening, the best would probably be a day card "Tageskarte Gesamtnetz" for 10 euro. you can use this from the time you stamp it until 6 am the following day. if you're 2 or more people, buy the "Partner-Tageskarte Gesamtnetz", it's the same like the other one, but valid for up to 5 people who are travelling together, cost is 18 euro. well, that's the cost for now, might change until march, you'll never know with the munich transport system! :sneaky2:

if you're not going to/from the airport (e.g. if you're spending a few days here) but need just tickets in munich city, let me know, then i can give you options for that as well. :wink2:

the underground (in this case U6) runs every 10 minutes during the day, in the late evening about every 20 minutes, and on saturdays until about 2 am, so there'll be no problem to get back to the city centre from the gig in the evening. :wink2:

Edited by mellody

• 2 months later...

I'm in the process of making presents for everyone listed on this post who are going to Munich. It will be easier to identify you all so can you please tell me the names of who you are going with.

Thanks.

I'm in the process of making presents for everyone listed on this post who are going to Munich. It will be easier to identify you all so can you please tell me the names of who you are going with.

Thanks.

don't really know what you mean :blink: we're all meeting up there, i'm not going with anyone in particular. :bleh: or if i decide to meet up in the city with someone and then go to zenith together, we'll probably decide that 2 days before the gig. :dunno:

Well, i am thinking about Dusseldorf and Munich: cheap flights, directs from Lyon...

pff i didn't buy tickets , however..

those 2 are the biggest german shows though, about 6000 ppl in munich iirc (and i guess dusseldorf about the same :dunno:), whereas the other german shows only have about 1500-2000. :wink2: but there are still tickets available for all german shows, i think even on mikasounds. :thumb_yello:

Edited by mellody

Oh , good advice, Mellody!!!

I really do prefer small venues , i 'll have a look for them on the timetable.

Thank you;

looked it up now, 7.500 for dusseldorf, so that's even bigger than munich. :wink2:

still smaller than paris bercy though. :naughty:

thx for the all the info, mellody. notes to self to remember rereading this as the gig comes closer.. :naughty:

got flight and tick for this but no hotel yet. anyone can recommend anything..? :blink: hotel, not hostel pls. :thumb_yello:

just click on the flag on the top right to get it in english. :wink2: here's the direct link: http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/home/index.html the station you'll need for Zenith is FREIMANN - from the city centre that's U6 in the direction of Garching-Forschungszentrum (or some trains only go until Garching-Hochbrück, they're ok too).

so if you wanna go from the airport to the zenith, i'd recommend you take the S8 to Marienplatz, there change to U6 (direction Garching-Forschungszentrum) to Freimann. there are other possibilities that include buses etc., but that's the one i'd choose, and the easiest one. :wink2:

about tickets, if you're going from the airport and need another ticket in the evening, the best would probably be a day card "Tageskarte Gesamtnetz" for 10 euro. you can use this from the time you stamp it until 6 am the following day. if you're 2 or more people, buy the "Partner-Tageskarte Gesamtnetz", it's the same like the other one, but valid for up to 5 people who are travelling together, cost is 18 euro. well, that's the cost for now, might change until march, you'll never know with the munich transport system! :sneaky2:

if you're not going to/from the airport (e.g. if you're spending a few days here) but need just tickets in munich city, let me know, then i can give you options for that as well. :wink2:

the underground (in this case U6) runs every 10 minutes during the day, in the late evening about every 20 minutes, and on saturdays until about 2 am, so there'll be no problem to get back to the city centre from the gig in the evening. :wink2:

thx for the all the info, mellody. notes to self to remember rereading this as the gig comes closer.. :naughty:

got flight and tick for this but no hotel yet. anyone can recommend anything..? :blink: hotel, not hostel pls. :thumb_yello:

We stayed there last time: http://www.innside.de/_new/innside_premium_hotels/muenchen_parkstadt_schwabing/willkommen.en.php4?music=1&kalender=1

Unfortunately I don't know about public transport to the venue, as we went there by car (it was a quite short drive, though)

We stayed there last time: http://www.innside.de/_new/innside_premium_hotels/muenchen_parkstadt_schwabing/willkommen.en.php4?music=1&kalender=1

Unfortunately I don't know about public transport to the venue, as we went there by car (it was a quite short drive, though)

:naughty: How appropiate: they offer "rain" showers :roftl:

Incidentally, Melia is a Spanish hotel chain :thumb_yello:

don't really know what you mean :blink: we're all meeting up there, i'm not going with anyone in particular. :bleh: or if i decide to meet up in the city with someone and then go to zenith together, we'll probably decide that 2 days before the gig. :dunno:

What I mean is I get really confused with peoples names so I was going to make name labels for all the MFC who are attending and for the people they are going with but it isn't important.

What I mean is I get really confused with peoples names so I was going to make name labels for all the MFC who are attending and for the people they are going with but it isn't important.

bring something fluffy with you and i'll be the one going OOOH, FLUFF!!! w00t.png

:roftl:

nah, i'm rubbish with names as well, if i don't know people personally or from exchanging info with them on mfc - so just let's chat in here a bit when it gets closer to the gig, then we'll all get to know each other. :biggrin2:

bring something fluffy with you and i'll be the one going OOOH, FLUFF!!! w00t.png

:roftl:

nah, i'm rubbish with names as well, if i don't know people personally or from exchanging info with them on mfc - so just let's chat in here a bit when it gets closer to the gig, then we'll all get to know each other. :biggrin2:

Sure

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...