MIKA @ Hammersmith Apollo, London

dcdeb

Yep, that sounds like a plan.

At Brixton people started queuing up the night before, so I guess that this is unavoidable this time :dunno: Early morning on Saturday should guarantee a good position :naughty:

i wont start queuing the day before.... :shocked: I have a few things i wanna do in London first... :naughty:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, that sounds like a plan.

At Brixton people started queuing up the night before, so I guess that this is unavoidable this time :dunno: Early morning on Saturday should guarantee a good position :naughty:

:naughty:

Seriously, the more people talk here about queueing, the more difficult it will be (many lurkers here, I guess). This wasn't for you Sara, though I quoted you, I'm sure you agree.

Seriously, the more people talk here about queueing, the more difficult it will be (many lurkers here, I guess). This wasn't for you Sara, though I quoted you, I'm sure you agree.

Well it's pretty difficult anyway. There are many people who don't say anything and turn up at the crack of dawn or before. So the only thing we can do is stick to the old adage, if you can't beat them, join them.

Trust me, we don't need to be discussing it for it to happen!

There are those, who don't even come on here, who will no doubt be there at stupid o' clock, becuse they MUST be at the front.

It's gotten to be a habit!:sneaky2:

i wont start queuing the day before.... :shocked: I have a few things i wanna do in London first... :naughty:

Ah sorry, I misunderstood then :roftl:. But considering everything, maybe it's not such a bad idea afterall :lmfao:

Well it's pretty difficult anyway. There are many people who don't say anything and turn up at the crack of dawn or before. So the only thing we can do is stick to the old adage, if you can't beat them, join them.

Exactly, that is the problem. And this is why any GA standing gig with around 100 mfc'ers is always such a joy (Being sarcastic, obviously :naughty:). It just makes me feel like not even bothering with the London gigs, but then I think sod it, it's our home gig.

It just sucks overall :wink2:.

Trust me, we don't need to be discussing it for it to happen!

There are those, who don't even come on here, who will no doubt be there at stupid o' clock, becuse they MUST be at the front.

It's gotten to be a habit!:sneaky2:

:wink2: Exactly. So what is the solution?

Allocated seating, like at Sadler's Wells. It's the only solution. Even if you managed to get 100 people to arrive at the same time, how do you then allocate spots in the queue?

See, it doesn't work. There are just too many people who want the same thing. That is what it amounts to.

I think that I will just join the dark side and camp out on the night before to be first. Ha :biggrin2:.

Little Noise ... 6.00am in the morning *cough* Not bloody me ... I'll still be in bed then :lmfao:

Exactly Laurel. And did we know they were going to do that? No! So believe me, there are people out there planning to be there very very very early.

I think many of us have already concluded that once the determined ones who start queueing from stupid o'clock all arrive, no one turns up until after lunch. :cool:

As I recollect, I turned up at around midday and was No44 at one of the Brixton gigs in 2008, which would have granted me a nice 2nd or even front row place had I not been so polite to let everyone else elbow their way in front of me and me ending up 4th row. (I did not mind in then as that time I did not believe in front row magic...:teehee:)

My conclusion is that your place will really depend on how pushy you are, at what speed security searches you and how lucky you get with the gate opening...etc..To me, it will be absolutely not worth turning up early, being already knacked by the time the Swedish bloke starts his set and feeling completely wasted when Mika begins his. :cool:

I think that I will just join the dark side and camp out on the night before to be first. Ha :biggrin2:.

Think I'll join you at that. Got my tent and sleeping bag ready. Also got the logs for the fire and some marshmallows :thumb_yello:

I was just thinking about people who don't come here regularly. Yes, I know, and I don't mind queueing from early, but I'm not going to spend my night there :aah: Any idea how many people can be in front row, and is it possible to see if you are not front? Sorry, I can't say it in English, but I'm thinking about the floor. Because at some venues you can see well even if you not in front, like at Brixton.

Exactly Laurel. And did we know they were going to do that? No! So believe me, there are people out there planning to be there very very very early.

I don't actually know who they were .. they did tell me at the time - I don't have a very good memory ... but they seemed quite proud of the fact they'd been there that long :blink: I have better things to do ... like ... be warm ... and sleep .... and have a life :lmfao:

Sorry .. I just don't understand it :aah:

Ah sorry, I misunderstood then :roftl:. But considering everything, maybe it's not such a bad idea afterall :lmfao:

Maybe you are right... maybe i should just camp the day before... cant see him on he telly that sat. anyway :naughty: bring a few beers, some music so it wont get too borring, sleeping bag :lmfao:

I was just thinking about people who don't come here regularly. Yes, I know, and I don't mind queueing from early, but I'm not going to spend my night there :aah: Any idea how many people can be in front row, and is it possible to see if you are not front? Sorry, I can't say it in English, but I'm thinking about the floor. Because at some venues you can see well even if you not in front, like at Brixton.

Yes Hammersmith has a sloped floor.

I don't actually know who they were .. they did tell me at the time - I don't have a very good memory ... but they seemed quite proud of the fact they'd been there that long :blink: I have better things to do ... like ... be warm ... and sleep .... and have a life :lmfao:

Sorry .. I just don't understand it :aah:

I think I know.

Yes , Silver , but the next time i was seated , it was forbidden to get up by the security, i was very frustating even if i was on first row at the Balcony.

And the audience was so quiet that i was the only one jumping/shouting and singing;

I finished the gig at the back: the only way to dance but Mika was an ant for me.

If the rules have changed , yes , to be seated could be a plan.:sneaky2:

I'm resigned to not being very near the front for this gig :bleh:

Seated gigs are definitely the answer

Much more civilised! When we did the two in Paris we sat around in bars drinking coffee and chatting. Much more relaxed and enjoyable.

I think many of us have already concluded that once the determined ones who start queueing from stupid o'clock all arrive, no one turns up until after lunch. :cool:

As I recollect, I turned up at around midday and was No44 at one of the Brixton gigs in 2008, which would have granted me a nice 2nd or even front row place had I not been so polite to let everyone else elbow their way in front of me and me ending up 4th row. (I did not mind in then as that time I did not believe in front row magic...:teehee:)

My conclusion is that your place will really depend on how pushy you are, at what speed security searches you and how lucky you get with the gate opening...etc..To me, it will be absolutely not worth turning up early, being already knacked by the time the Swedish bloke starts his set and feeling completely wasted when Mika begins his. :cool:

That is SO true, especially at Hammersmith, where they open a few doors at the same time :wink2:.

Think I'll join you at that. Got my tent and sleeping bag ready. Also got the logs for the fire and some marshmallows :thumb_yello:

Nice! I need to get my sleeping bag sorted too :teehee:

Oh really, thank you Sara, so i'll be at the venue at 3!! :sneaky2:

And don't forget to pick my ticket at the venue ( Seetickets);

for the 1st March i booked by Sanbags.

3 is too late, Lili, you need to aim for slightly earlier I think, to join the camp :naughty:

Yes , Silver , but the next time i was seated , it was forbidden to get up by the security, i was very frustating even if i was on first row at the Balcony.

And the audience was so quiet that i was the only one jumping/shouting and singing;

I finished the gig at the back: the only way to dance but Mika was an ant for me.

If the rules have changed , yes , to be seated could be a plan.:sneaky2:

Where was this?:blink:

Much more civilised! When we did the two in Paris we sat around in bars drinking coffee and chatting. Much more relaxed and enjoyable.

Sadlers Well was a joy, not only for that, but also for the fact I could park around the side of the building too!:biggrin2:

Sadlers Well was a joy, not only for that, but also for the fact I could park around the side of the building too!:biggrin2:

Oh Sadlers Wells was a dream! What a London gig should be like. I worked all day, parked round the corner and waited in the pub for the others to arrive. Fabuleux!