TV: Mika on ELLEN (Ellen Degeneres Show) (22 Oct 2009)

dcdeb

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m so happy to hear that you got in and thank you so much for report Nono!:thumb_yello:

So they stopped the car to talk to you :wub2: isn’t that the sweetest thing?

After our own little TV show in Stockholm I’ve been thinking about how interesting it is to meet Mika in another kind of environment than the usual gig and signing session.

Gives you a different perspective in things, doesn’t it?:wink2:

For example that every audience isn’t crazy Mika fans!

Lovempls, Sivan and Melody…thank you for your reports too!

I am happy that you guys got in. DCDeb what can't you do?

Mods are like magical beings I tell you.

Fairies and angels!:wub2:

MIKA & ELLEN = 2 FAV PEOPLE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4hSg6PnJ38&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6

. . . if you haven't heard MIKA, you'll want to see him on today's show. He's from London, and after his first album he was compared with Freddie Mercury, Elton John and Prince. He just released his second album, "The Boy Who Knew Too Much," and will perform his hit

"Blame It on the Girls" for me.

I am thrilled that the audiance members got a copy of Mika's album! Those that don't know him will now be blown away by TBWKTM!

I' really happy for you guys! Thanks for the reports and can't wait to watch it :thumb_yello:

The ticket fairy is the best kind of fairy :wub2: Always there at the right time. Team her with Deb and we can go anywhere!!!

I am thrilled that the audiance members got a copy of Mika's album! Those that don't know him will now be blown away by TBWKTM!

It's really a good marketing way. Of course, just with the live performance he probably convert a few of them already :teehee:

Will gt aired on what channel?

It's a syndicated show, so it's not on a network -- which means it's not

on at a specific time, on a specific channel. It's on different channels

at different times, depending on which city you live in.

I'll record it, but I'm not able to put it online -- I really have to figure

out what I need to do that, if Mika is going to be on TV here more often.

:naughty:

I' really happy for you guys! Thanks for the reports and can't wait to watch it :thumb_yello:

The ticket fairy is the best kind of fairy :wub2: Always there at the right time. Team her with Deb and we can go anywhere!!!

Awww, thanks Danie. :huglove: I told the Ticket Fairy to tell Mika

I said she deserved a raise. Then I told her to tell Mika that *I*

deserved a raise! ($0 + $0 still = $0 :wink2: )

It's a syndicated show, so it's not on a network -- which means it's not

on at a specific time, on a specific channel. It's on different channels

at different times, depending on which city you live in.

I'll record it, but I'm not able to put it online -- I really have to figure

out what I need to do that, if Mika is going to be on TV here more often.

:naughty:

ohhhhh ok!!! well i hope you will get it figured out and have fun watching it :thumb_yello:

thanx so much also from me to dcdeb, fd, rest of the mod team and team mika for making this happen, it was fab! :huglove: ok it was mainly waiting for ages for 4 minutes of mika, but the show itself was very entertaining as well, and mika's performance was brilliant and right there before our eyes. perfect seats, not even cameras blocking the view (feared that might happen but gladly it didn't), just great!

and it was also so sweet of mika to turn down the window of the car to talk for a moment when he saw us. :wub2: don't know if the traffic light at the studio exit was red or if they even stopped for us, anyway they stopped for about a minute, and mika turned down the window right away when he saw us standing there and asked how we were. there were a few cars driving by between his car and where we stood though, and it was right next to the main road, so it was quite loud and difficult to understand for us what he said and vice versa.

we told him that we liked his performance and said thank you for the tickets, and clare asked about the dress code... he wanted our opinion on whether it should be 50s or outer space, i said outer space because it would go fine with the black+white we had thought of on the mfc. but it was all a bit confusing with the loud traffic around and shouting over the street. :naughty: i asked whether he'd do a twitter party tomorrow, couldn't understand his answer, just saw that his face expression obviously meant no, sadly not... but the others said he said sth like that he can't do it tomorrow, because he has interviews+stuff. but again, hard to understand what he really said, due to the loud traffic.

anyway, it was just fab to see him again, he looked so good and happy today! :wub2:

OK. So I left for Burbank at like 12:45 and got Warner Brothers Studios a little bit after Nono, Sivan and Mellody got there (I think?). We all were waiting in this big waiting area in the parking structure. There were tons of other people there but they all had tickets, so we were just clinging to hope that perhaps we'd be able to get in!

I got there with just an expectation of maybe seeing Mika when he drove out, but then the mods were AMAZING and somehow we got 4 VIP tickets for the show!! It was quite a happy moment :naughty: We asked a page if we could sit on the side of the audience where Mika would perform and she said yes

So after we got in the studio, we ended up sitting third row up on the left side (where the musical guest goes). The show seemed to fly by, first David Spade and then John C Reilly and there was a young girl who got interviewed too. While the last interview was going on, Nono and I could see a little bit of the people setting up for Mika's performance, it was cool.

Then it was Mika time, and he was so much fun and so smiley and had some awesome dance moves. He's just so darn cute :naughty: He sang BIOTG, starting at the piano like he usually does and then dancing around. All four of us had our arms up, dancing and singing the whole time so I hope we caught his attention and he could see us. We definitely cheered loudly whenever they mentioned him and before/during/after his performance :naughty: Then it was all over in a flash!

We figured out where the guests leave and we stood on the side of the road for a little bit, waiting for him. Then we saw the black SUV and it looked like Allison (sp?) in the front seat, and I saw her point at us and say something to someone in the backseat. So Mika's car stopped and he rolled down the window and there was Mama P, Yasmine, and Mika. They all had such big smiles and looked so happy to see us! We all shouted thank you thank you thank you for the tickets, and Mellody asked if Mika was going to have a Twitter party tomorrow night. Mika said he's busy tomorrow night so he can't :sad: I asked him about the dress code for Friday and he asked us to choose either 1950's or Space themed. I think we chose space themed but then later we were like wtf are we gonna wear??? :naughty: We talked about some other things I think but I can't really remember.... it was hard to hear him.

Anyway, Mika was adorable and SO nice for stopping the car and talking to us. We all went out to eat afterwards and we can't wait til Friday :biggrin2: And THANK YOU to the Deb for the tickets!!! :huglove:

brilliant reports!!! deb/mod team and ticketfairy/team mika are true stars:wub2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NziYhb-jS1k

Loving erika's dress as usual :teehee:

brilliant! T4P! Watching now...

EDIT: OMG awesome! Loved it. Sara wore that muppet dress at Scala :teehee: Oh and those moves are totally choreographed haha. Well, some of them. That high jump is always in the same place lol, and that move with Erika towards the end :aah:

Good performance though! Good to hear the audience screaming!

Edited by CazGirl

Just saw Ellen -- nearly had a heart attack! Just as Mika came on they

TV station ran a crawl across the bottom of the screen as a test,

accompanied by a loud, high-pitched tone! Lasted about the first 15 seconds!

:sneaky2: So even though I recorded, it wouldn't have been a very good

recording for putting on youtube. *sigh*

In any case, thought everyone looked great -- loved Erika's Muppets dress!

Would love to have it!

Just saw Ellen -- nearly had a heart attack! Just as Mika came on they

TV station ran a crawl across the bottom of the screen as a test,

accompanied by a loud, high-pitched tone! Lasted about the first 15 seconds!

:sneaky2: So even though I recorded, it wouldn't have been a very good

recording for putting on youtube. *sigh*

In any case, thought everyone looked great -- loved Erika's Muppets dress!

Would love to have it!

How rude! :sneaky2:

My sted dad will be recording it so I should be able to upload it eventually, if no one else does before me :dunno:

I've seen Katy Perry wear that muppet dress before so they must've gotten it from a shop or something :dunno: