The rain video!

Droopsy

Awww thank you so much guys. I am totally hopeless at doing anything artistic - Kev made it for me :wub2: ... and yes purplegrape - there is room to add 2 more singles :wink2:

Agree with you Deb !

I love the lighting, the eerie silhouettes, the 'creatures', MIKA's running (mind you - the creatures running is quite amusing too!), oh and the fireworks are wonderful - much better than rain... sigh, it's official -I am in love with this video :swoon:

:offtopic: I love your siggie :thumb_yello:

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great great video, much better then Blame it on the girls video.

Very cinematic and melodic, perfect for this song, and like many i am glad there is no actual rain in the vid, it would have ruined the whole meaning of the song, the video and would have been to obvious and not original.

Hey, there's 2 Mici's here! Cool. I'm the Other Mici... the longwinded Mici, the 'what the hell does succinct mean' Mici.

I love the Rain video but I dont think it's going to win him any new fans... sorry...

I love the vid because it has Mika and his tummy and Rudy the Naked Man in it.

I love the vid because I love this song and I would probably gush at anything Mika chose to put on celluloid.

But honestly I think it's somewhat flawed. For starters I dont particularly like the Wood Nymph costumes. It doesn't matter how skinny you are, lycra is not your friend. Ditch the lycra.

I'm quite fond of the antler creatures but what is with the circus runaways? You're suppose to run away TO the circus, not have the circus run after you. One wise soul here mentioned the vid was a throwback to the 80's and I agree. It's 80's costuming. Sorry Mrs Penniman...

Now if it had been me, I would have fitted them into Orc costumes. Happy Orcs. That could work. Might have made Mika run faster too.

Lord, that running was funny. Whoever came up with the Cptn Jack Sparrow comment was so spot on.

My Flossie aged 9, thought Mika's rather enthusiastic dancing at the beginning was a rain dance. That's her fave bit. My fave bits are the awkward, gangly 'Crikey, this is the 90th time I've run up this bloody hill' bits.

Go Jack Sparrow, go. :wink2:

How can there be 38 pages on this already?! I was only away a day! :roftl:

I think WAG went faster :roftl:

Thank you for trying anyway!:thumb_yello:

I'm confused, are you guys looking to download the video from that muvids site? WM recorder does the trick :thumb_yello: That's the best version I've seen so far.

EDIT: oh yes, I've just watched the video again, oh yes, still love it :wub2:

So I've realized that I really love the bit where he's surrounded by the people and he throws his arms around his face and they all freeze for a moment. :wub2:

And the part where he shakes his shoulders just a little at the end of his rap. :drool:

And I do not find the running/chase scene funny :mf_rosetinted:

I find it desperate and frightening. Especially when he stops and you can see them closing in on him in the background.

Same here:tears:

OHMYGOD.

The sound on my pc still isn't working, so I watched it without sound.

Omg. So far I haven't really been a big fan of Mika's video's, but I LOVE this. It's amazing. I love the whole concept, and I've got a thing for spooky forrests, weird outfits and fireworks, so this works:naughty:

I love it.

What cracked me up was the beginning, where he's laying on the floor, with such a dramatical face, and then those bunny teeth:aah:

I think WAG went faster :roftl:

I'm confused, are you guys looking to download the video from that muvids site? WM recorder does the trick :thumb_yello: That's the best version I've seen so far.

EDIT: oh yes, I've just watched the video again, oh yes, still love it :wub2:

You know this is way over my head, I know my limitations and I just wait patiently for someone to upload it on Sendspace or something like that!:teehee::blush-anim-cl:

OHMYGOD.

The sound on my pc still isn't working, so I watched it without sound.

Omg. So far I haven't really been a big fan of Mika's video's, but I LOVE this. It's amazing. I love the whole concept, and I've got a thing for spooky forrests, weird outfits and fireworks, so this works:naughty:

I love it.

What cracked me up was the beginning, where he's laying on the floor, with such a dramatical face, and then those bunny teeth:aah:

:biggrin2::teehee:

I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that everyone loves it, right?

Here it is folks, the video for rain!

:thumb_yello:

12.jpg

Enjoy

http://muvids.com/7565

Uploaded it to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81w91MKx0kk

Cheers!

Well I was enjoying that until all the funny people came out

You know, the first time I saw it, I immediately thought of a group called Empire of the Sun, and they have these weird creatures running around their film clips... Can't say why or how they reminded me of them (especially since I don't like their songs) but they do...

Here's one:

- if you go to 0.52 you'll see some of these creatures...

I think the outfits could have been a bit different. Darker. Covered in splogey mud. Lol :naughty:

Like...wood nymph meets Joker.

Jack Nicholson's Joker or Heath Ledger's Joker?

Yes I'm being picky! :naughty:

I didn't like the shot where you see him running towards the camera and all the little chicas running behind him. It kind of looked like he was running from crazy fangirls.

Maybe that was the point... I really hope it is cause the video will make so much more sense to me!

I was thinking the same thing! Glad I'm not the only person...

Mika looking hot - mission accomplished. :thumb_yello:

Agreed... but he could wear a hessian sack and still look good...

I don't know what I think of the video... It's cretainly intruiging (scarily enough, I actually like Rain now! :naughty:), but I'm not sure I like it or not... I'll keep watching I guess and see if I like it...

is Walliams one of the weird creatures? :naughty:

I'm still thinking (if it's true of course), that rain wasn't the song mika meant with "next video". I'm quite sure the footage for this video was shot already before he said that (again, if he ever did say that :teehee:).

I hope good gone girl's next, and david plays the ggg. I have a whole video in mind already :aah:

Another time I get to reference my fave boys...Brett & Jermaine

The Rain vid instantly reminded me of this!!! :naughty::roftl:

I do love the rolling around on the forest floor bit where his midrif shows but I'm not sure about the new age tensts and crystals etc.....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Also, I's so totally confused by the TV premier of BIOTG then this being announced as the next single and the video just popping up on the net!!!! :shocked: