The rain video!

Droopsy

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think that's right. If Perez stops gushing about Mika, maybe people will take Mika more seriously as a musician. I do know Perez brought Mika's status, in America, probably as far as he got, before this tour. But now I hope that his appearances on TV will do the rest.

To be honest, I even wondered (for a while) if Perez and Mika had something going on! But later on when I briefly followed Perez on Twitter, I realised there wasn't anything, and, like you say, I'm glad, because Mika can do much better romance-wise.

My problem with Perez isn't that he sticks up for gay rights (because I think they deserve equal rights too) but it's the way he goes about it. You don't change peoples' opinions about contraversial issues by slating them. That only makes things worse in the long run. You change peoples' opinions by talking it over and putting your point accross in a sane and rational way.

The people who visit Perez's site, imo, go there because they know they can rile him up by calling him, and anyone he supports, homophobic names. This is why I prefer that Mika is not stuck in the middle of this in future.

Perez provided a suitable stepping stone, but now he's done that he is of no further use. Really. :teehee:

I never thought they were a couple. I think they're just friends but I also think Mika is quite tolerant when it comes to Perez because I think Perez would be the sort of person who's all right in small doses, all right when you haven't seen him for a while, but if you were to see him every single day he'd end up getting on your nerves. I think Mika genuinely likes him, but I get the impression that he might be one of those friends where you look at your phone to see who's calling, see it's them and think ....no, not today. Maybe. BUT Perez tweeted Mika earlier so we know they're still best buds.

I don't think everyone who goes on Perez's site purely goes on there to abuse him. You get a lot of comments like that from people who have nothing better to do than spread hatred round the net, but I go on there regularly, check out some of the stuff he posts, I just don't spend my time commenting on it. I can't be bothered. I imagine there are a lot of people out there like me, and I think many of them will check Mika's stuff out because Perez has put it up there for them.

I agree with what you say about his gay rights thing. Everything he says and does has an agenda, and it gets to the point where it's like 'okay mate, the people who are listening already agree with you, you have to find a better way to get through to the people who aren't listening'. He bangs on about it so much and has this 'if I speak louder than everyone else people will agree with me' kind of attitude which doesn't help him. Equality for all is something that should be strived for, but not in the way where you p*ss people off, because they'll end up hating you, and your cause.

Perez provided a suitable stepping stone, but now he's done that he is of no further use. Really. :teehee:

I wouldn't say that at all. People were lined up around the block to get to the ice cream truck in LA and they had to turn people away because there weren't enough tickets. I think a lot of this is down to Perez because that's not what happened in London even though Mika sells far more albums and concert tickets in the UK.

People could get the wrong idea about Mika when he associates himself with someone whose image is so different from his - slagging people off in public, controversial, etc. But really in North America any publicity is good publicity. That's why Amy Winehouse is a household name and most have never heard of Mika.

Mika has got a way to go before he has as well known as Perez in the US so as long as Perez is in Mika's corner he is very useful.

I wouldn't say that at all. People were lined up around the block to get to the ice cream truck in LA and they had to turn people away because there weren't enough tickets. I think a lot of this is down to Perez because that's not what happened in London even though Mika sells far more albums and concert tickets in the UK.

People could get the wrong idea about Mika when he associates himself with someone whose image is so different from his - slagging people off in public, controversial, etc. But really in North America any publicity is good publicity. That's why Amy Winehouse is a household name and most have never heard of Mika.

Mika has got a way to go before he has as well known as Perez in the US so as long as Perez is in Mika's corner he is very useful.

I think Perez has got Mika to the level where he doesn't need him anymore, not necessarily. I think it would obviously help his career if Perez kept people informed of gigs, singles, etc, but Mika finally seems to be worming his way into the U.S. market and thus can take it from here on his own.

I think Perez has got Mika to the level where he doesn't need him anymore, not necessarily. I think it would obviously help his career if Perez kept people informed of gigs, singles, etc, but Mika finally seems to be worming his way into the U.S. market and thus can take it from here on his own.

Well it's certainly good that Perez posted the Rain Video on his site. Hopefully the more rational loggers-on will watch it and sigh!

no one has the correct lyrics for the second part of the song?!:blink:

edit:

i found them!

Is it really necessary

Every single day

Making me more ordinary

In every possible way

This ordinary mind is broken

You did it and you don’t even know

Leaving me with words unspoken

You better get back cuz I’m ready for...

More than this

Whatever it is

Baby, I hate days like this

Caught in a trap

I can't look back

Baby I hate days like this

When you made it rain

you made it rain

When you made it rain

you made it rain

When you made it rain

you made it rain

When you made it rain

you made it rain...

More than this

Baby I hate days like

Trying to be ordinary

Was it me who was the fool?

Thought you found the man you wanted

until you turn him into something new

Well even if our minds are broken

There's something that I need you to know

It's nothing like the life we wanted

You better move on

Cuz I’m ready for

More than this

Whatever it is

Caught in a trap

I can't look back

When you made it rain

you made it rain

When you made it rain

More than this

Baby I hate days like

(Spoken)

I'm not angry

Don't know what to do

After all the years that I spent with you

I can't blame you for the things you say

I was using you just to hide away

More than this

Whatever it is

Caught in a trap

I can't look back

When you made it rain

you made it rain

When you made it rain ....

When you made it rain

you made it rain

When you made it rain

When you made it rain

you made it rain

When you made it rain

you made it rain

When you made it rain

More than this

Baby I hate days like

http://artists.letssingit.com/mika-lyrics-rain-lrv5jhg

Edited by nicoleta

no one has the correct lyrics for the second part of the song?!:blink:

edit:

i found them!

Is it really necessary

Every single day

Making me more ordinary

In every possible way

This ordinary mind is broken

You did it and you don’t even know

Leaving me with words unspoken

You better get back cuz I’m ready for...

More than this

Whatever it is

Caught in a trap

I can't look back

When you made it rain

you made it rain

When you made it rain

you made it rain

When you made it rain

you made it rain

When you made it rain

you made it rain...

More than this

Baby I hate days like

Trying to be ordinary

Was it me who was the fool?

Thought you found the man you wanted

until you turn him into something new

Well even if our minds are broken

There's something that I need you to know

It's nothing like the life we wanted

You better move on

Cuz I’m ready for

More than this

Whatever it is

Caught in a trap

I can't look back

When you made it rain

you made it rain

When you made it rain

More than this

Baby I hate days like

(Spoken)

I'm not angry

Don't know what to do

More than this

Whatever it is

Caught in a trap

I can't look back

When you made it rain

you made it rain

When you made it rain

you made it rain

When you made it rain

When you made it rain

you made it rain

When you made it rain

you made it rain

When you made it rain

More than this

Baby I hate days like

http://artists.letssingit.com/mika-lyrics-rain-lrv5jhg

I thought it was "complaining 'bout the things you said," or something :lmao:

As a non English-born speaker I find fascinating that you can find like 3 different versions of the lyrics :shocked::boxed:

I'm not angry, don't know what to do

----

in other thread I saw:

after all the years that were spent with you,

Can't blame me for the things you said

and you used to hide away

----

And now:

after all the years that were spent with you,

complaining 'bout the things you said

and you used to hide away

----

Well, I wouldn't do it any better, I didn't understand that part at all just after reading it here :roftl:

Edit: do you have any booklet with lyrics in the CD? in my version there wasn't lyrics

Edited by hathor

There's a thread about the lyrics for Rain

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15735&page=60

Amazing! and that thread has even more versions of the very same sentence :roftl:

I write them down for my record, and for anybody who wants to read and enjoy it:

----

Complain for the things they say

When I use to hide away

----

Can't blame you for the things you say

We used to hide away

----

Anything official, a booklet would have been fine :dunno:

Edit: I'm not being picky (it's not that important), I just find it funny and curious at a time.

Edited by hathor