I wish I could postpone my birthday

DarkLight

Ahh It's only a day away now (friday) and I'll be 24 but i'm truly dreading it big style & wish I could have my birthday some other time here's why.

because of the postal strikes I have none of my birthday present and aren't likely to get any until way after my birthday, I don't even have any of the things I bought myself online, not one single birthday card at all, My great aunt & uncle have gotten me nothing, no card no nothing at all!

my dad hasn't gone to get his money from his clients (he's a self employed accountant so nothing from him) not even a card from him

I'm in severe crippling agony with my knees & have been for 3 weeks I can only just walk (this is due to hypermobility syndrome & arthritis)

I have severe shoulder pain & a damaged finger & it's that time of the month so i'm in more pain 'cause of that too!

I'm still sad over my grandad dying unexpectedly on may 25th & my idol of 23 years dying on June the 25th

My auntie has lung cancer & could die any time too, so that's on my mind a lot!

And to top it all the man I love who broke my heart when he came out as gay keeps on reiterating that he's gay which just keeps on pushing the metaphorical "knife" further into my heart

i'm just so sad I don't know what to do?

i wish I could see Mika on my birthday sadly I don't live in the usa I don't know why he had to tour there 1st? :boxed:

I know my birthday is gonna suck big style this year, I just wish I could move it by a few months!!

all I can do is cry :crybaby:

can anyone post something to cheer me up at all? even just jokes or funny pics or something I don't know whatever you feel may cheer me up

I really could do with it right now!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sad when events like these happen but they will pass. The worst thing to do is wish everything to stop. The best thing to do is to keep striving forward.

I know it's hard hon, but honestly, the only way humans go is forward.

Ahh It's only a day away now (friday) and I'll be 24 but i'm truly dreading it big style & wish I could have my birthday some other time here's why.

because of the postal strikes I have none of my birthday present and aren't likely to get any until way after my birthday, I don't even have any of the things I bought myself online, not one single birthday card at all, My great aunt & uncle have gotten me nothing, no card no nothing at all!

my dad hasn't gone to get his money from his clients (he's a self employed accountant so nothing from him) not even a card from him

I'm in severe crippling agony with my knees & have been for 3 weeks I can only just walk (this is due to hypermobility syndrome & arthritis)

I have severe shoulder pain & a damaged finger & it's that time of the month so i'm in more pain 'cause of that too!

I'm still sad over my grandad dying unexpectedly on may 25th & my idol of 23 years dying on June the 25th

And to top it all the man I love who broke my heart when he came out as gay keeps on reiterating that he's gay which just keeps on pushing the metaphorical "knife" further into my heart

i wish I could see Mika on my birthday sadly I don't live in the usa I don't know why he had to tour there 1st? :boxed:

I know my birthday is gonna suck big style this year, I just wish I could move it by a few months!!

can anyone post something to cheer me up at all? even just jokes or funny pics or something I don't know whatever you feel may cheer me up

Oh, Chantele....:huglove:

My bday is the day after, Sat. 24th, we can celebrate here, maybe you can forget a bit about everything going on...:wink2:

Edited by willywonka

Aww i feel so sorry for you but i understand your feelings.

I used to hate my birthday since my mother has died almost 7 years ago.

Not because i got older again (actually i feel lucky that i have) but i missed her so much.

Every year i cried at 12 oclock because i would never get her textmessage ever again and ok i would maybe find a card of my father but he mostly forgot the age i had become.

I cried because i couldnt be with the one who gave birth to me ever again.

And i felt also sad because my husband used to forget to buy me a present and just gave me money to get something myself.

BUT this year was different i saw a birthday thread here on mfc , one on another forum , emails etc.

My father had my age right this year and i got a beautiful gift of my husband

(a golden ring and red roses)

And my party was the best i had in years we all danced all night long.

the reason i tell you this is yes ok it's very sad if things don't go the way they always go , but it could also be fun in another unexpected way.

I hope you'll enjoy your day with your friends and family you still have and celebrate life!!!

we'll be here with virtual wishes for you and they can do alot for you , really!!

sorry to hear about your problems, I wish you could have the bday you had hoped for. :boxed:

there're often moments when we feel really down for smt that's just happened, is happeneing or has happened a while back and takes its toll now.

a good reason about being happy of you turning 24, or whatever age could that be: think about your aunt, to name one person, and many other people in the world, who would give everything for another year of life.

not meant to make you feel down but quoting kung fu panda beautiful line " yesterday's history, tomorrow is a mistery, but today is a gift and that's why they call it present". :wink2:

Aww Darklight! I remember you, you were in the last year's Christmas competition.

I feel really sad for you at this moment. I know the postal strike is a pain. I've got my craft magazines late too. But it must be really bad when you get no Birthday cards at all.

I'm also sorry to hear the sad tale about your Aunt and Grandad. And your joint pains. I have arthritis in my hip too. It's not too bad tonight thank goodness.

It sounds like it is all happening at once for you. Try not to make yourself too sad about all this. I know it isn't easy the way things are going right now.

My best wishes

Clare

You've been in my thoughts a lot lately. I'm sending all my best mojo with hopes that things will start to improve for you soon :huglove:

I don't know if this will help, but in case it might, I'd like to share with you how I feel about my birthday.

For the last ten years, my birthdays have sucked hard because people have made promises they didn't keep and been cruel to me in ways I didn't deserve and everything that could go wrong has gone wrong on my birthday. I haven't gotten presents or cards since my 22 birthday (almost 12 years ago.)

Yet, I still love my birthday more than any other day of the year because I've given it meaning for myself and have always been kind to myself no matter what other people did to me.

I celebrate my life on my birthday. That's hard to do when my life sucks beyond the telling of it, but even then I am still grateful for the way air feels in my lungs and the way my heart feels in my chest. I am grateful that I get to feel every emotion possible. Even the bad ones have a certain beauty because of their intensity and the contrast they provide for the emotions I like.

My birthday is my New Year. I think about where I've been and where I want to go and write down my dreams for my future. Some years, I write a time capsule, a letter to myself that I put in a sealed envelope and read on my birthday the following year. Every year, I do something special for myself.

One year, I went for a walk and surprised myself with lunch, when I followed a whim and walked into a restaurant that looked nice. One year, I put on some nice music, took a bath, and wrote something romantic by candlelight.

This year, I get to spend my birthday with a friend I haven't seen in ten years. I'm almost sad that I'm not going to have much time to myself on my birthday this year, but she made all of my birthdays special from my 18th to my 22nd, so I think it will be ok.

I'm dreading turning 35 next month because I haven't had the experiences or learned the things I thought I would know by now. I feel like I have no right to be so clueless about love. Still, I get to celebrate how much confidence I've built this year. I have more to celebrate this year than I ever have before because I am a completely different person in some ways, in ways that I thought were impossible.

Anyway, I am thinking about you and hoping that you can find something good in yourself and in your life for your birthday. You are lovely and that's something to celebrate. I hope you have the opportunity to do something kind for yourself :huglove:

You just have to remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off :mf_rosetinted:

I was actually feeling a little sorry for myself and that just made me laugh so hard :roftl:

:huglove: That's tough for you to deal with. It's always difficult when the expectation is that celebration days are fabulous and full of good things, when in fact real life, which is full of nasty things, just carries on regardless.

But you have to try to be positive - I like RT's idea of seeing it as a a type of "new year" and being kind to yourself on that day.

Here's a pic from my garden- a sort of cyber birthday card :thumb_yello:

DSC08333.jpg

Awwwww hun...that truly sucks...

BdayGirl.jpg

As a fellow birthday girl, I thought I'd give you a few special pressies...

First of all, you have to wear this:

Birthday%20Girl%20Rosette.jpg

And here's your cake:

2417054554_9f66832feb.jpg

And some presents:

birthday%20presents-dreams-resized.jpg

And something that's also a little special...

Birthday-Cake_23DBDK1.jpg

Okay, birthday girls get to go on first!

Oh, Chantele....:huglove:

My bday is the day after, Sat. 24th, we can celebrate here, maybe you can forget a bit about everything going on...:wink2:

yeah good idea when my internet doesn't suck as it does right now I shall be in the mikagasmics i think & maybe try & come up with some caption pics for a giggle

happy birthday for tomorrow

Aww i feel so sorry for you but i understand your feelings.

I used to hate my birthday since my mother has died almost 7 years ago.

Not because i got older again (actually i feel lucky that i have) but i missed her so much.

Every year i cried at 12 oclock because i would never get her textmessage ever again and ok i would maybe find a card of my father but he mostly forgot the age i had become.

I cried because i couldnt be with the one who gave birth to me ever again.

And i felt also sad because my husband used to forget to buy me a present and just gave me money to get something myself.

BUT this year was different i saw a birthday thread here on mfc , one on another forum , emails etc.

My father had my age right this year and i got a beautiful gift of my husband

(a golden ring and red roses)

And my party was the best i had in years we all danced all night long.

the reason i tell you this is yes ok it's very sad if things don't go the way they always go , but it could also be fun in another unexpected way.

I hope you'll enjoy your day with your friends and family you still have and celebrate life!!!

we'll be here with virtual wishes for you and they can do alot for you , really!!

aww so sorry to hear that, it must be truly awful for you :(

I'm afraid I have no family & my friends live abroad now so i'll pretty much be alone but I'm gonna find time to just watch my favourite things, listen to my favourite songs & write down stuff for the future, focus on that & I guess the thing to be thankful for is the fact i'm still alive after nearly being murdered 7 times in life!

sorry to hear about your problems, I wish you could have the bday you had hoped for. :boxed:

there're often moments when we feel really down for smt that's just happened, is happeneing or has happened a while back and takes its toll now.

a good reason about being happy of you turning 24, or whatever age could that be: think about your aunt, to name one person, and many other people in the world, who would give everything for another year of life.

not meant to make you feel down but quoting kung fu panda beautiful line " yesterday's history, tomorrow is a mistery, but today is a gift and that's why they call it present". :wink2:

indeed I agree

You just have to remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off :mf_rosetinted:

(Well you did say you wanted a joke)

lmfao that did actually make me giggle lol thanks:roftl:

Aww Darklight! I remember you, you were in the last year's Christmas competition.

I feel really sad for you at this moment. I know the postal strike is a pain. I've got my craft magazines late too. But it must be really bad when you get no Birthday cards at all.

I'm also sorry to hear the sad tale about your Aunt and Grandad. And your joint pains. I have arthritis in my hip too. It's not too bad tonight thank goodness.

It sounds like it is all happening at once for you. Try not to make yourself too sad about all this. I know it isn't easy the way things are going right now.

My best wishes

Clare

thanks yes it is sucky when everything comes at once, it always seems to for me don't know why not just at my birthday too but any time of year things always happen in huge lots never just one bad thing but several!

you just have to try & do your best to forget it i guess try & take your mind off things which i'm trying to do right now!

I'm sorry, I'm sure Mika didn't have a tour in north america during your birthday to smite you, :blink:

I KNOW that!!!:sneaky2: I'm just saying it's a bummer that's all not saying it's his fault or that he did it to annoy me just that it'd be lovely to see him live it'd cheer me up but I can't fly all the way to where he is now

at the moment my internet connection is really sucky so i shall be back in a few hours & reply to the rest of you o.k (if this stupid thing will let me)

i also have to go for physio now for my damaged spine (scoliosis)

thanks to all of you for your messages

Awwwww hun...that truly sucks...

BdayGirl.jpg

As a fellow birthday girl, I thought I'd give you a few special pressies...

First of all, you have to wear this:

Birthday%20Girl%20Rosette.jpg

And here's your cake:

2417054554_9f66832feb.jpg

And some presents:

birthday%20presents-dreams-resized.jpg

And something that's also a little special...

Birthday-Cake_23DBDK1.jpg

Okay, birthday girls get to go on first!

oh it's your birthday too

happy birthday hope you have a lovely day

Hi Chantelle

I'm really sorry to hear about all your problems, i wish i could help you!

I just would like to tell you not to give up, to hold on!!

Wish you very many better days, praying can make you stronger, keep doing it!

I believe there's a reason for everything here on the earth, although we don't understand it now.

hg004.gif