Mika in Q Magazine's Top 50 Albums of the Year

vanessa

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to disagree with him, I think TBWKTM is better than LICM. But maybe that is just me. :mf_rosetinted:

I agree with you xxmikaaa.

I surprised myself shortly after purchasing TBWKTM then playing it over & over & coming to the realization that I think TBWKTM is a better album than LICM.

I love LICM & am still surprised that I think TBWKTM is better.

It is a good thing though.

I am so pleased that Q Magazine has put it in the top 50 albums of the year.

Congrats Mika!!

I don't quite agree with that top 40. Bat for lashes deserves to be higher, and Mika too of course. I also think this album is way better than LICM.

Oh, and Empire of the sun should be lower IMO. I agree about them being a poor man's MGMT.:teehee:

''However, those U2, Arctic Monkeys, and Muse albums may well be the worst things all three bands have done.''

I love the Arctic Monkeys and Muse album!

At least the top 10 is very nice.

So you see, everyone has a different taste.

Imo LICM was better than TBWKTM, but it all has got to do with personal preference.

I almost agree with the top five, but I think The Horrors should definitely be in the top 3 and Florence and the Machine should be lower on the list (it's just not really my taste). I think Jarvis Cocker should be higher on the list and so does Paolo Nutini and White Lies. I don't understand why Noah And The Wale are on it, I've seen them live and they were quite boring.:aah:

Well, 18 is a nice spot but I would've liked to see him higher...

To me, those lists never make any sense anyway. Just like (most) reviews, they're based on subjective views of a few persons. These lists would be different for everyone, so I never really attach too much meaning to them. :naughty:

This is what was written in Q:

"Anyone hoping they'd had their fill of the outre pop theatrics of 2007's debut album, Life In Cartoon Motion, needed to think again: this time around, there were excitable choirs, nursery rhyme arrangements and music hall oom-pah-pah. Mika's claims to pure pop went undisputed, but his writing showed a new maturity - now less Freddie Mercury, more Harry Nilsson as the Disney tea party came tempered with a dash of poignancy and wistful nostalgia".

"Anyone hoping they'd had their fill of the outre pop theatrics of 2007's debut album, Life In Cartoon Motion, needed to think again: this time around, there were excitable choirs, nursery rhyme arrangements and music hall oom-pah-pah. Mika's claims to pure pop went undisputed, but his writing showed a new maturity - now less Freddie Mercury, more Harry Nilsson as the Disney tea party came tempered with a dash of poignancy and wistful nostalgia".

:thumb_yello:

From Mikasounds

mikaqdec09.jpg

mikaq1dec09.jpg

That's it in a nutshell, alright. :thumb_yello: