Who thinks "I see you" is going to be a HUGE single?

Blue Sky

I'm EXACTLY the same with Any Other World, one of my favourites live, but probably one of the most skipped on LICM.

As for I See You being a single...I dunno how well it would do. It'd be this album's Happy Ending, and I think quite a lot of people got into that, though I See You is less catchy and it seems that the charts are based on catchiness right now as opposed to good music. For example, I don't like ...I don't even know the title, is it Sexy Chick? It's David Guetta and someone, but I keep getting it stuck in my head. Catchy doesn't equal good, but it does equal charts unfortunately.

I think it'll be big stateside though. I think it's the type of song they could really get into.

Yes, my point is that this song COULD break him into America, probably better than WAG or even BIOTG. His voice sounds so wonderful and Americans do seem to like a good ballad. I really hope this works for him. He deserves it SO much!

As for the UK, it has to be said that if a singer from Britain breaks America, the British side of the industry respects them suddenly, and starts to realise how good they are. It shouldn't be like that, but it is like that in this country. It's all about the acts that have "broken America".

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as i said before on other threads, would love to see that one as the christmas single, it's perfect for that! :biggrin2: apart from that there are other songs i'd prefer as singles, but if he wants to release a ballad from the album, it should be i see you (though i personally like PUOTF more, but don't think it'd be good for a single). :thumb_yello:

I do adore the ehm.. "old I see you".. you get me :teehee:

I also like the one in the album, but the reprise is not my fave bit at all and ISY is to be honest my least fave song of the whole new album. this version.

that's cause of the above mentioned reprise. :boxed:

not sure about ISY being good as a single. if I had to go for a slow song as single, I'd rather pick up another. I really like PUOTF for ex. :thumb_yello:

I don't relate to the teen angst in this song either. I mean we've all been through it but it's just kind of amusing in retrospect like a lot of teen rites of passage. The way Mika describes it as him being a stalker, he seems to feel the same way although I find his live performances of the song very moving. It's my favourite song on the setlist even though it's not my favourite song on the album.

I have no idea how radio would receive it but I think he'd be able to sell this song more effectively via TV performances than he ever did with WAG.

the way I see it and have always seen it, it's mostly about someone who'd like SO much to stick convo -and get to know each other better- with a person he likes extremely much, but from a distance.

not sure stalking is the word to describe the way I interpret the song: more love from a distance. probably not reciprocated. :thumb_yello:

I'm EXACTLY the same with Any Other World, one of my favourites live, but probably one of the most skipped on LICM.

I also have a soft spot for AOW, both in the album and live. it's got an absolutely precious melody and lyrics and is so so poetic.

I agree it's not commercial, but I for one am one who skipped BG often while listening to LICM :blush-anim-cl:

Gossip girl can get very romantic...

Chuck + Blaire = :wub2:

OK, I believe you if you say so...:biggrin2:..:wink2:

...I used the wrong words to express what I mean.....

I meant I really would like to see this song on the soundtrack of a huge (romantic) blockbuster....:blush-anim-cl: ..like the Titanic was...:teehee:

...or even an animated movie....

I never heard of Rufus Wainwright before Shrek, for example...

OK, I believe you if you say so...:biggrin2:..:wink2:

...I used the wrong words to express what I mean.....

I meant I really would like to see this song on the soundtrack of a huge (romantic) blockbuster....:blush-anim-cl: ..like the Titanic was...:teehee:

...or even an animated movie....

I never heard of Rufus Wainwright before Shrek, for example...

Yes and Muse had a song (or songs) in the Twilight movie and it got them known in America! They are huge over there now. This is what Mika needs as well, to have a song loke ISY in a big blockbuster!

I don't relate to the teen angst in this song either. I mean we've all been through it but it's just kind of amusing in retrospect like a lot of teen rites of passage. The way Mika describes it as him being a stalker, he seems to feel the same way although I find his live performances of the song very moving. It's my favourite song on the setlist even though it's not my favourite song on the album.

I have no idea how radio would receive it but I think he'd be able to sell this song more effectively via TV performances than he ever did with WAG.

This is a very good point (the bold part) , and I totally agree.

Although I haven't seen a live show performance of ISY yet (I even managed to miss it on the Baden Baden live stream :sneaky2:) I can imagine I'd like it more too, in that context. I find the album version overproduced, in the same way AOW was on LICM.

This is a very good point (the bold part) , and I totally agree.

Although I haven't seen a live show performance of ISY yet (I even managed to miss it on the Baden Baden live stream :sneaky2:) I can imagine I'd like it more too, in that context. I find the album version overproduced, in the same way AOW was on LICM.

There are downloads of the Baden Baden show if you want to watch it.

It's actually WAG that is highly produced (I wouldn't say over produced because I like the way it turned out). Because of that the live performances in a TV studio aren't a good advertisement for the single IMO. Live performances in front of an audience of Mika fans is a bit of a different story though. :naughty:

Mika's voice in I See You is just so...pretty...and he really nails it live.

I don't know about the other countries but if Mika release I See You here, it could be a number one song...:biggrin2:

F*ck country! Our radio stations mostly just play what is playing in the USA radios :boxed::sneaky2: but this is a great "ballad" and have good chances! :wub2:

the way I see it and have always seen it, it's mostly about someone who'd like SO much to stick convo -and get to know each other better- with a person he likes extremely much, but from a distance.

not sure stalking is the word to describe the way I interpret the song: more love from a distance. probably not reciprocated. :thumb_yello:

Well Mika is the one who keeps referring to it as the Stalker Song. :roftl:

I agree though it comes across as a little more...I don't know....romantic than that. :naughty:

I'll probably end up like with all the other EP songs I didn't like at first till I heard them live in milano, in june.. :blush-anim-cl::naughty::teehee:

Yeah I think you'll like it a lot.

Lot of people are talking about the song on YouTube because they heard it from Gossip Girl (I have never watched it but my daughter does). It could really do well in the USA.

I wrote a comment about Mika. Mentioning that he's not played on American radio and saying God bless Youtube and American TV shows like Gossip Girl for giving Mika a chance to be heard. I also mentioned the album, in case they want to buy it!

I so love to spread the Mika Magic!!!

I love i see you song is one of the best of the album but here in texas is pretty weird to hear mika music on the radio :(

That's because he isn't played on American radio, which is a disgrace. Welcome to the MFC! It's always a victory when American fans find Mika, despite the radio stations not playing his wonderful music.