Who thinks "I see you" is going to be a HUGE single?

Blue Sky

Now that "I see you" has been on Gossip girl, I thought I better make a thread.

This is my complete fave on the second album, so much like a big movie track...so I am putting my money on this one being HUGE.

:fangurl:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you and Touches you are my fave.... (pick up off the floor too)

so yeah i think it will do well... im all for those 2 to be the next 2 singles :thumb_yello: *put fake MFC money on it* lol

Yeah, I never watch it :naughty:

You and me both girl. Utter tripe IMO. I have better things to do.

As for I See You. I like it. Mika performs it well, but I don't see it as a great single, but what do I know.

I screams of teen angst, which I don't have. Maybe that's why I don't identify with it so strongly as some on here.

This is my complete fave on the second album, so much like a big movie track...so I am putting my money on this one being HUGE.

It's very powerful, definitely like a big movie track! I simply love it :wub2:, I See You and Rain are my favorite on this album (well, he performs Touches You so well that it has become one of my favorites too). I think it could be a huge single, yes.

I honestly can't tell if it would be a big hit over here, surely don't know if it would be in other countries. I think it could be a huge hit, if the moment's right. But if I look at the charts lately, not one slow song gets a good spot. But then again, maybe it's time to change that.

same thoughts:thumb_yello:

Never heard it was on Gossip Girl though.. Is it some soap or was it a movie version? (I mean, if it exists at all as I have never seen either :teehee:)

In any case, I See You deserves a much better romantic movie to support as a soundtrack. :cool:

Edited by suzie

It's definitely a big movie sounding track. It would be nice if it was a theme song for one.

I agree! This song is too good to be just another album track! I actually think it could do very very well in America. I understand they did advertise the album too after the episode and I'm sure they probably mention the song and artist on the Gossip Girl website.

But this is amazing news about the song, and I really hope it takes off into the stratesphere, and returns to Earth in a big budget blockbuster move! After all, what's good enough for Muse is also good enough for MIKA!

I don't relate to the teen angst in this song either. I mean we've all been through it but it's just kind of amusing in retrospect like a lot of teen rites of passage. The way Mika describes it as him being a stalker, he seems to feel the same way although I find his live performances of the song very moving. It's my favourite song on the setlist even though it's not my favourite song on the album.

I have no idea how radio would receive it but I think he'd be able to sell this song more effectively via TV performances than he ever did with WAG.

You and me both girl. Utter tripe IMO. I have better things to do.

As for I See You. I like it. Mika performs it well, but I don't see it as a great single, but what do I know.

I screams of teen angst, which I don't have. Maybe that's why I don't identify with it so strongly as some on here.

It's true, I am full of teenage angst and I see you is like my anthem... :teehee:

I hope I see you will do well, it absolutely melts my widdle heart :wub2:

I agree! This song is too good to be just another album track! I actually think it could do very very well in America. I understand they did advertise the album too after the episode and I'm sure they probably mention the song and artist on the Gossip Girl website.

But this is amazing news about the song, and I really hope it takes off into the stratesphere, and returns to Earth in a big budget blockbuster move! After all, what's good enough for Muse is also good enough for MIKA!

Seems like Mika might have more success in the US with this album than the UK lol and that's saying something! :roftl:

Although they did play a huge chunk of WAG on an episode of Corrie! :teehee:

I don't relate to the teen angst in this song either. I mean we've all been through it but it's just kind of amusing in retrospect like a lot of teen rites of passage. The way Mika describes it as him being a stalker, he seems to feel the same way although I find his live performances of the song very moving. It's my favourite song on the setlist even though it's not my favourite song on the album.

I have no idea how radio would receive it but I think he'd be able to sell this song more effectively via TV performances than he ever did with WAG.

That's like me with Any Other World. I usually skip it on LiCM but love it live.

I can relate to I See You to a certain degree. I just didn't keep it to myself in the end and yeah, it went horribly wrong. There are other songs I can relate to more, like WAG for example.

same thoughts:thumb_yello:

Never heard it was on Gossip Girl though.. Is it some soap or was it a movie version? (I mean, if it exists at all as I have never seen either :teehee:)

In any case, I See You deserves a much better romantic movie to support as a soundtrack. :cool:

Gossip girl can get very romantic...

Chuck + Blaire = :wub2:

What was the context? how much did they play? did people know it was Mika?

I'm a bit excited :boing:

It was on for about 2 minutes...and yeah they advertised his album/song at the end of the show and on close captioning.

Edited by OhMyMika!!

That's like me with Any Other World. I usually skip it on LiCM but love it live.

I can relate to I See You to a certain degree. I just didn't keep it to myself in the end and yeah, it went horribly wrong. There are other songs I can relate to more, like WAG for example.

I'm EXACTLY the same with Any Other World, one of my favourites live, but probably one of the most skipped on LICM.

As for I See You being a single...I dunno how well it would do. It'd be this album's Happy Ending, and I think quite a lot of people got into that, though I See You is less catchy and it seems that the charts are based on catchiness right now as opposed to good music. For example, I don't like ...I don't even know the title, is it Sexy Chick? It's David Guetta and someone, but I keep getting it stuck in my head. Catchy doesn't equal good, but it does equal charts unfortunately.

I think it'll be big stateside though. I think it's the type of song they could really get into.