A Documentary about our very own Sivan!

lovempls

Hi! :bye:

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Clare. I'm a Los Angeles MFCer, and I'm currently a sophomore film major at Loyola Marymount University in LA. My ambition is to make documentaries! I'm quite obsessed and spend most of my time watching the History Channel or the National Geographic Channel :roftl:

I have to make three movies this year, and for my second doc, I decided (during our 7 hour delirious car ride back down from Oakland for the Mika show) to ask our very own Sivan be the subject - and she graciously agreed! I filmed it with the help of Taylor (lollipopgirl83) and it turned out pretty cool. I got nothing but positive comments from my classmates, which (trust me) at film school are hard to get from other students! :naughty: And many of them commented about how Sivan seems like such a fun person, they really liked her and they felt like they got to know her really well. :thumb_yello:

We weren't allowed to use sync sound, so it's all done in voiceovers. And it was only allowed to be 3-4 minutes long, otherwise it would be much longer than this!

So take a look, I just thought you guys would like to see it since Sivan is awesome. Hope you like it! :cheerful_h4h:

So, MIKA, if you see this....... will you just hire me as your camera person already??? It would be my dream job! :biggrin2:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely film! Really, really professional! Sivan is SO lovely :wub2:

Interesting stuff, about the differences between the US and Israel. Do you have any more films like that? I'd love to see them :teehee:

Thanks :blush-anim-cl: I don't have any more yet, but hopefully this'll become my career and I'll have lots and lots of films to show you :cheerful_h4h:

I have to make three movies this year, and for my second doc, I decided (during our 7 hour delirious car ride back down from Oakland for the Mika show) to ask our very own Sivan be the subject - and she graciously agreed! I filmed it with the help of Taylor (lollipopgirl83) and it turned out pretty cool. I got nothing but positive comments from my classmates, which (trust me) at film school are hard to get from other students! :naughty: And many of them commented about how Sivan seems like such a fun person, they really liked her and they felt like they got to know her really well. :thumb_yello:

So, MIKA, if you see this....... will you just hire me as your camera person already??? It would be my dream job! :biggrin2:

We seem to make a lot of really good decisions on 7 hour delirious car rides. :lmao:

But seriously, this turned out soooo great...really, all the credit goes to you two. It's awesome.:biggrin2:

And YEAH MIKA. Seriously, Clare on video, Sivan on photos, and me in writing. It's the perfect team. :bleh::teehee:

that's really nice! sounds like an interesting line of work. i hope mika sees your little message too!

i think this is the first time i hear sivan's voice so clearly :wub2:

thanks for sharing :blush-anim-cl:

Same here .... I love her accent :wub2: Very good documentary ... I didn't realise Sivan had only lived in LA for afew years ... for some reason I thought she'd been there a long time ... :)

thanks everyone for the good feedback...about me...and ofcourse about Clare!

Clare and I basicly met on april when mika had the gig at the roxy in LA but we didnt really talk so we got to know eachother about 2 weeks ago when we saw mika again and drove to oakland together....

she is acceeee too!

clare, i hope u keep doing this cause you are good at it :):thumb_yello:

and yeah i think we should make one about Mika one day in the future... of he let us :blush-anim-cl:

and yeah i think we should make one about Mika one day in the future... of he let us :blush-anim-cl:

My dream job... maybe he'll let me make my 400 film about him. My big Senior Thesis film. A girl can dream....:naughty:

Here's what they wrote about you, Sivan:

Great topic - very interesting to hear about Israel from someone my own age. [see, they think you're 20! :naughty: Told you you look young!]

I felt like I was really getting to know the girl.

The character was fascinating and likeable. I loved seeing various possessions of hers as she told stories.

I especially liked the part where she compares friendships in Israel and the US.

I love that she talked about the cultural situation of the Middle East. She has a really interesting story.

And then there was the girl who said: "The film is a documentary about a girl who fled Israel due to political upheaval and conflict and came to LA." Hmmm... not quite :naughty: