HELP! I'm meeting MIKA! D:

crazy_olly

Okay so yesterday was my birthday and it was a great day and all. But then I opened my inbox.

AND APPARENTLY I'VE WON A MEET & GREET WITH MIKA? :blink::blink: with 9 other people?

I never ever expected to be able to see him live, let alone actually be able to talk to him and get his autograph D:! So I'm really unprepared (and nervous. and excited. and scared.) And I don't know what to do/say/bring.

MFCers - help me out? :D You guys have experience with this kind of thing, eh? XD

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations!:wub2:

I'm sure it will be great!:thumb_yello:

What to bring him? Think about something that is special for your country, just a small memory, nothing big and expensive...I'm sure he will appreciate that!

Oh my God how on Earth did you land that?! :blink::aah::roftl:

Anyway, just be calm and most importantly be yourself. If you want something signed, don't forget to bring it with you :aah:

Umm. I don't know. People want to talk about different things with him. Do you like Art or something? Mika's very interested in Art...

:confused:

Give some thought in advance to what you want to say to him. Maybe you want to tell him how much you like a certain song, or a piece of artwork, or a pair of shoes he has. :roftl:

But really, the best thing is to have some idea in your mind of what you want to say before you find yourself in front of him. I've seen it happen quite a few times; people find themselves standing there, and are so stunned by his presence they forget how to speak and just blink at him. :wub2:

Okay so yesterday was my birthday and it was a great day and all. But then I opened my inbox.

AND APPARENTLY I'VE WON A MEET & GREET WITH MIKA? :blink::blink: with 9 other people?

I never ever expected to be able to see him live, let alone actually be able to talk to him and get his autograph D:! So I'm really unprepared (and nervous. and excited. and scared.) And I don't know what to do/say/bring.

MFCers - help me out? :D You guys have experience with this kind of thing, eh? XD

Congratulations crazy_olly!

Remember what Mika says in these situations, "Have fun!"

Take a deep breath & Enjoy yourself.

You so deserve it.

I watched your vid today - Bravo!!

I am so happy for you & the other seven winners.

Give some thought in advance to what you want to say to him. Maybe you want to tell him how much you like a certain song, or a piece of artwork, or a pair of shoes he has. :roftl:

But really, the best thing is to have some idea in your mind of what you want to say before you find yourself in front of him. I've seen it happen quite a few times; people find themselves standing there, and are so stunned by his presence they forget how to speak and just blink at him. :wub2:

:blush-anim-cl::teehee:

Or the lack of ability to very fast find the right words for small talk in English!:wink2:

Oh well done you must be thrilled, I will have seen you vid today cos I have just watched all the winners but I don't know which was yours.

Anyway, I think you will just be talking about your vids so at least you won't go dumbstruck. take him local food maybe, but easy to carry not a huge and smelly sharks fin or anying like that. :naughty:

ps. I am no expert at meeting Mika, I have given him embarrasing gifts, and never say much to him I don't do well when I don't know ppl lol.:blush-anim-cl: Anway he's always been so rushed and other people have better things to say to him than me, but you will have much more time I reckon :thumb_yello: lucky you.

Just remember to breath...

If you cannot manage that, whenever he turns the other way, gasp for air...

Try not to faint, if you do ask someone to take his pic for you...

Try not to throw up on him...you'd damage his Louboutins!

And last, but not least, whatever you do...DON'T TOUCH DA CURLZ!

MIKA is wonderful.

I promise he will put you at ease.

If there's something you really want to say to him, run it over in your mind

and "stick it in your pocket" (not literally,) to say to him when the time

seems right.

Try real hard not to completely loose your wits when he looks at you

and smiles at you.

Be yourself and have a wonderful time:

It will be etched in your mind forever!

Hey, congrats!! I won a meet & greet with him once & it was not nerve wrecking at all. maybe it was partly because of Mika.. when I was walking up to him, I wasn't sure what to say.. it was him that said hello first so, it was easy after that.. bring him gifts! that should start the conversation. :thumb_yello: Have fun!!

I had an opportunity to present Mika with an MFC Yearbook in 2008. John (his tour manager) was good enough to ensure I'd get a moment to speak to him when he arrived at the venue (Brixton, London).

I. WAS. STRESSED. FOR. DAYS. BEFORE. THAT. DAY.

It really helps to write down what it is you really want to say to him.

And practice it in your head. You won't regret taking the time to do this.

I had met him twice before after his gigs and spoke to him like a crazy fangurl. I didn't want it to be like that for this occassion.

You have an opportunity to make sure you give him whatever message you really want to get across, so take advantage of knowing that you have this time to prepare.

HAVE FUN and CONGRATS! It's a rare opportunity to have his attention even for just a moment. :thumb_yello:

Wow congratulations Olly!!

Mika likes candy and toys. :biggrin2:

Have lots of fun and let us know how it goes.

EDIT - Isn't this a Hong Kong competition and nothing to do with the videos?

oo maybe it is I dunno I just went on what someone else posted lol, grapevine eh. pfft you can't trsut it can you. :naughty:

don't worry, mika's really great with his fans, if you don't know what to say, he'll just do the talking. :wink2:

i sometimes have questions to ask him, but i never really prepared anything i wanted to tell him, it would just make me nervous. :teehee: if i want to tell him something complicated and important, i'll write a letter to give him... and all the other things just come like they come. :bleh:

so just try to relax and have fun! :thumb_yello: oh, and i wish you a happy belated birthday! :biggrin2:

Ha! Just realized that you're going to get a lot of opinions and suggestions. :teehee: Don't get overwhelmed.

Keep it simple. Be yourself.

Some people are less stressed if they feel prepared (like me). Some would rather let whatever happen naturally, just happen. You may decide to do a combination of both. But do what you know has worked for you best. :biggrin2:

oooh have fun! Mika is very friendly and sweet :)

U'll love him :thumb_yello: as everyone said...just be yourself and if you have something to ask him or tell him...think about it before...so u wont forget when u actually infront of him :) like lollipop_monkey said... ive seen that happen before too... :naughty:

hey ppl!!! juz got to mention besides oily, me, suisuimeko, winleelee and camille from MFC also got the chance!!!!!!!!!!! that's unbelievable!!!!!!! last nite we met MIKA at the airport (i babbled a bit on the HK gig thread last nite) and then on my way home, suisuimeko suddenly called me and said she was IN!!!!!! ohmygosh then i dashed home and found out i'm also:aah: this made the dreamy nite even more dreamy..... :wub2:

Wow congratulations Olly!!

Mika likes candy and toys. :biggrin2:

Have lots of fun and let us know how it goes.

EDIT - Isn't this a Hong Kong competition and nothing to do with the videos?

YES, nothing to do with the vids:teehee:

it's a thingy orgranised by Universal HK and a local karaoke company (where we can sing GK and WAG, haha) and it's said that there are only 10 places! well, i dun reli believe this..... let see how many ppl end up being there!!!! but at least we've got 5 MFCers:biggrin2:

here's the details!

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2655016&postcount=56

I had an opportunity to present Mika with an MFC Yearbook in 2008. John (his tour manager) was good enough to ensure I'd get a moment to speak to him when he arrived at the venue (Brixton, London).

I. WAS. STRESSED. FOR. DAYS. BEFORE. THAT. DAY.

It really helps to write down what it is you really want to say to him.

And practice it in your head. You won't regret taking the time to do this.

I had met him twice before after his gigs and spoke to him like a crazy fangurl. I didn't want it to be like that for this occassion.

You have an opportunity to make sure you give him whatever message you really want to get across, so take advantage of knowing that you have this time to prepare.

HAVE FUN and CONGRATS! It's a rare opportunity to have his attention even for just a moment. :thumb_yello:

I DID WRITE DOWN AND PRACTISE!!!!!!!!!!!!

but last nite he was so tired that he looked intense... erm not exactly, he's smiling but i could feel that he reli didn't wanna smile:boxed: then i dared not say what i've prepared!!!!!! but anyway, i asked when he'll leave and he couldn't listen to me for the 1st time; i asked again, and he still couldn't listen... but he leaned down a bit and asked "what?" (OMGGGGG:wub2:); then i asked for the 3rd time, he finally got it but the answer's "wow, this's a big question! it's a secret" *some giggles*

:swoon:

then he signed for us wearily... everyone of us i guess!!!!!!!!!!!!! he's so nice and actually he didn't need to do so!!!!!!!!!! awwwwwwww

oh and yes, i asked "how's ur eye?" at the beginning! and he replied "much better now" and yes, it's better. let's juz wish no other parts of his bbody get injured during this tour:mf_rosetinted:

OMG i think i've to include all these in my gig report and THERE WERE MORE!!!! but now i've got to do my presentation for my class and head to the venue, exam + assignment on the show day:sneaky2:

btw he's now in KGV school presenting awards to students who had drawn pics based on mika's music (they even painted his face on a wall) i hope he's having a great time now!!!!

wait for our reports:blush-anim-cl:

Archived