Mika in Hannover, Germany, 9.12.09: exclusive Radio FFN Gig

mellody

Karin, did you happen to film "Let It Snow"?

yup, it's uploading right now. :bleh: i missed the beginning, he messed it up a few times before he really started, only got the end of that when he finally got it right... but i think that messed up part is on one of graciosa's videos, i'll get to them when i'm finished with uploading mine. :wink2:

btw, it was a shorter version, he only repeated the first verse again and not all of them like it would normally be. will post the link when it's finished.

A bit off topic: but does anybody know if Let it Snow already has its own thread?

the place where we've been talking about it all the time is the thread of the australian interview where he first played it (somewhere in "news") - actually it's more a let it snow thread than a thread about the interview. :naughty:

more of my videos:

some bits+pieces of billy brown:

talk about bizkit (mika says he looks like chewbakka, lol! :roftl:), a really funny part about mika swearing, and rain (whole song):

let it snow, filmed by mikaschnegge with my camera, because i was busy throwing snow :naughty:

kanni had drawn pictures for every line of the lyrics, really creative (like she always is! :wub2:)! and mika looked at them quite a lot - just at one point i think she was too slow and he got confused. :naughty:

btw, that bit where mika threw the fake snow over me wasn't after the song, but only at the end of the show - i have a quite shaky video of it, he in fact bent down and picked up the bag with the snow from the front of the stage where i had put it! :naughty:

Edited by mellody

What happens here
at 5.17? A girl asks Mika something he kinda looks upset and doesn't seem to be able to answer the question?

She asks: for how long you've been crazy.. and he tells her "you're nice" with that tone.. and at the end he says he just don't know.

What happens here
at 5.17? A girl asks Mika something he kinda looks upset and doesn't seem to be able to answer the question?

well, cause she asks "how long have you been crazy for?" - what is he supposed to answer to that? :roftl:

i guess she probably just wanted to ask a question too, and as they've been talking about mika being crazy, that was all she could think of... no idea... :naughty:

the place where we've been talking about it all the time is the thread of the australian interview where he first played it (somewhere in "news") - actually it's more a let it snow thread than a thread about the interview. :naughty:

more of my videos:

some bits+pieces of billy brown:

talk about bizkit (mika says he looks like chewbakka, lol! :roftl:), a really funny part about mika swearing, and rain (whole song):

let it snow, filmed by mikaschnegge with my camera, because i was busy throwing snow :naughty:

kanni had drawn pictures for every line of the lyrics, really creative (like she always is! :wub2:)! and mika looked at them quite a lot - just at one point i think she was too slow and he got confused. :naughty:

btw, that bit where mika threw the fake snow over me wasn't after the song, but only at the end of the show - i have a quite shaky video of it, he in fact bent down and picked up the bag with the snow from the front of the stage where i had put it! :naughty:

Found it:

Let It Snow

Oh the weather outside is frightful,

But the fire is so delightful,

And since we've no place to go,

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

It doesn't show signs of stopping,

And I've brought some corn for popping,

The lights are turned way down low,

When we finally kiss goodnight,

How I'll hate going out in the storm!

But if you'll really hold me tight,

Oh, all the way home I'll be warm.

The fire is slowly dying,

But, my dear, we're still good-byeing,

Oh, as long as you love me so,

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Oh the weather outside is frightful,

But the fire is so delightful,

And since we've no place to go,

It doesn't show signs of stopping,

And I've brought some corn for popping,

The lights are turned way down low,

When we finally kiss goodnight,

How I'll hate going out in the storm!

But if you'll really hold me tight,

Oh, all the way home I'll be warm.

The fire is slowly dying,

But, my dear, we're still good-byeing,

Oh, as long as you love me so,

Thanks Ruth!

I had the intention of making a Let it Snow-thread, but perhaps that isn't necessary.

I think we should all promote this song to our national and/or local radio stations.

It would be great if they picked it up and it became a (huge) Christmas-hit!

I already emailed the YT-link to Dutch Radio2.

Do you think it will be possible?

She asks: for how long you've been crazy.. and he tells her "you're nice" with that tone.. and at the end he says he just don't know.

well, cause she asks "how long have you been crazy for?" - what is he supposed to answer to that? :roftl:

i guess she probably just wanted to ask a question too, and as they've been talking about mika being crazy, that was all she could think of... no idea... :naughty:

Thank you, girls, i'm using my headphones to listen as my children are sleeping next door and i couldn't really get it...:thumb_yello:

ok, last video for tonight, we are golden:

sorry for it being so shaky, i probably should've brought a stand for my camera! :naughty: the end is funny though, he obviously found it hilarious that we were whispering along to the whispered "we are golden" in the end! :lmao:

i guess no one has filmed love today, as we were all jumping like mad, no chance of filming while doing that! :lmfao: i had a really funny mika moment during LT... as i said, we were jumping, and singing, and he wanted us to shout even louder, after a really mad bit of jumping... so i was totally out of breath but still tried to shout very loudly, and at one point i just gave up and gasped for breath very obviously in a funny way, so mika would see it, which he did and it cracked him up! :roftl:

off to bed now, quite early for me lol :naughty: but i'm REALLY tired now!

yup, it's uploading right now. :bleh: i missed the beginning, he messed it up a few times before he really started, only got the end of that when he finally got it right... but i think that messed up part is on one of graciosa's videos, i'll get to them when i'm finished with uploading mine. :wink2:

btw, it was a shorter version, he only repeated the first verse again and not all of them like it would normally be. will post the link when it's finished.

Thank you! :flowers2:

Thank you for all the videos Karin :flowers2:

What a fantstic living room gig this was :wub2:

and all the vids with bizkit were so adorable:wub2:

"i wanted to be a duck" at first seems funny but if you think about it why wouldnt you wanna live in one of the wonderful london parks :roftl:

that he liked berlin and baden-baden, but didn't have much time for sightseeing, and then he talked about being chased all the way to his hotel when he left a pay-what-you-want restaurant without paying... :roftl: he said he'd been invited by friends though, so that story is a bit strange... :blink:

Ah, maybe the same restaurant he talked about on the licm dvd. Must have been quite scary if he still remembers it :roftl:

that was the boy who asked him how he became a singer, see part 4 of the q+a videos

How cute, wonder what Mika thought when everybody went 'awwww' after the question :roftl::roftl:

How cute, wonder what Mika thought when everybody went 'awwww' after the question :

probably something different, as he went "ah!" when he finally got to hear the question in english. :naughty:

i'm quoting & answering to this post by graciosa from the other thread, as it's more about the gig than about the interviews. :wink2:

Sorry, I know I’m late and thanks to Mellody and Silke you are already know everything about Hanover. So I only want give some personal feelings all around in the hope not to bore you.

The adventure began on Monday, when a really new member posted in DMFC on Wednesday will be Mika in Hanover and we can get win tix. Ja! Fast I played the game to win the tix. But what will I do, when I don’t win tickets? After hours I knew without tickets I wouldn’t go: first of all because it would be to exciting to be there without tix. I'm loving this smal gigs but I'm hating this winning things.

¡But then (one day before in the afternoon) Leator made it possible!! and we got 2x2 tickets from ffn, he put me and kanni on the list and we got two more with us. Thank you Leator – you are an angel! :

The last problem, what I can wear? I’m a woman and you can imagine my cabinet has nothing what match for a Mika concert, expect the jacket I got from Ebay few days before.

Wednesday, at last Melody and I arrived a little before 3 o’clock and how is normally when you stay with Melody :teehee: Mika arrived just a few minutes later. He know Melody and said hello to us – we had a lot of luck to met him and we really only said hello to him, but also I felt me a little illegal there. Now I know I’m not the type who would camp in front of his house and invades his privacy.

The people from the ffn were really nice to us. A little time we could go inside to warm us up, o.k. we had to go out, when arrived more and more people, but that was really o.k., also to go to the toilette wasn’t a problem. What a difference. Kanni managed the “stones” in Melody an my faces. She is so creative and perfectionistic, so she could managed to make only two of us, but what she could made in the short time she had was great, also the “Big fish” was from her. :

When we went in to the stage I realised how little the room and the stage is! Really my first thought was, this is too close. I needed a few seconds to feel me comfortable. And it was great! But perhaps I could managed my firsts vids from whole songs because I need that little barrier sometimes. However until now I didn’t managed it to do the videos on my pc – not only because of the time, also mentally. I have to work it out in my head before I can see my own vids. I know me, so I gave Mellody my memory stick! :

This living room gig and the question time, you know all from Mellodys videos. It was fab, fab, fab….! : The handling from this private radio station was great, they mixed few fans from the fanclub we the other winners – and I think this was winning for all, for us and ffn. You know we Germans enjoy the concerts fairly quiet, we’re not the big jumpers even if we like it. I really don’t know if the Hanover fans “were better” than the ones in Baden-Baden. I think it was more ore less the same. But after the Hanover gig, I spoke few words with some (3,4) people and Mika impressed all, they wanted to buy the new album now and considered to visit the concert in Hamburg next March!

After the autograph time and his interviews we waited for the group pic – not really long time. When he came and saw us he immediately remembered our please and turned to us. Few words one his way, we all were concentrate to be fast ready for the photo –how we had promised him- and then he came straight to me and put his arm around my shoulder. I concentrated me get my hand high enough to his waist : – and even through his coat, he felt very sporty. : O.k., the father from the girl on my left side took the photo. On Mikas way outside I asked him if we had a chance for “Good Gone Girl” next March, but no, we haven’t, even his face and whole body said no! :

about the quick "meeting" before the show, well, it wasn't really a meeting, we just stood there, mika got off the car and went inside, and we said hi to each other. he wasn't in the mood for talking, and we respected that, of course. :wink2: so no need to feel out of place graciosa, we were just standing where we would be queuing for the show later, and we didn't try to speak with him because we were sensitive enough to feel that it wouldn't have been right. :wink2: but of course i totally agree with what you said about camping in front of his house, or anything like that!

i really was amazed by our luck! if we had arrived 3 minutes earlier or later, we'd have missed him... we just went to check where the entrance was and whether any of our friends were there yet... and as they weren't, we just wanted to leave again (i had to go and buy gloves because i forgot mine and it was really cold!), when we saw the two vans arrive. so we just stayed where we were, next to the entrance, until mika had gone in.

it was 2 vans, he really had a lot of ppl with him, no idea who they all were, probably from the german record company... :dunno: i should've asked them about the rain single release in germany! :sneaky2::naughty: anyway, the only ones i knew were martin and i think it was paloma... she looked familiar to me but i couldn't allocate her face, as i've never seen her in person - graciosa said later that she thinks it was paloma, and i'm sure she's right.

btw, we think that the member who had originally posted on the DMFC about the gig was someone from the radio station, pretending to be a fan. no idea why they didn't just say who they were - but leator checked their IP and this led to the radio station... plus, they terminated their dmfc-membership right after the gig, very suspicious. :naughty:

You know we Germans enjoy the concerts fairly quiet, we’re not the big jumpers even if we like it.

ok, i guess i must be adopted, i'm definitely not german at all when it comes to this! :lmao:

about good gone girl, of course i also went "oh yes, pleeeeasssee!" immediately when graciosa asked that... :teehee: i'd have interpreted his reaction rather as "not very likely" instead of a downright "no", but maybe that's just my wishful thinking... :naughty: anyway, sigh... i love that song, wonder why he doesn't like it - whether this has to do anything with the song itself, or just because it's difficult to sing/play (i must admit, these fast parts REALLY are difficult to sing because you have to talk so fast!).

Wtih the quick "meeting" before I'm totaly agree with you Melody! We had a lot of luck and there was nothing we did wrong. I wouldn't say this. There was only a little little bit that feeling deep in my heart. Probably I had it becauso to "bump into" Mika in such situation was the very first time for me. :naughty:

Yes,I'm shure the lady on Mikas side was his sister Paloma, she is a very reserved and interesting lady. While the autograph time she came down. I noticed how she looked at my "stones" and/or my jacket and I smiled to her, she smiled back and walked away pretty fast.

Mikas words to my question about GGG were more "no very likely", but his face and his body - in my interpretation he said: "Sorry, no". But really I prefer your interpretation!

And thank you for uploading your vids - they are all great! :wub2:

And his "Let it snow" is my favourite at the moment. :roftl: