2009 - Mika Live On Radio 2 This New Year's Eve

sirfalstaff

This New Year’s Eve Mika will be taking to the airwaves to make his debut as a radio DJ and to play some of his favourite tunes of all time, including Blondie, Queen, The Jungle Book, Frank Sinatra and lots more…

Tune in to BBC Radio 2 from 8pm-10pm on Thursday 31st December and let Mika get you in the mood to party this New Year’s Eve!

(via Mikasounds)

That is so kewl!

I am really happy for you guys.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Hi sirfalstaff

I think you might b able to listen to it live on the Radio 2 website. I think you can listen to it anywhere in the world :original:

Try this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/help/ways-to-listen/index.shtml#online

there is a "listen live" link

You can listen live to Radio 2 anytime by the power of the internet in either Realmedia or Windows media format.

Listen to Radio 2 now"

Yahoo!

Now I am happy for me too & millions of others here in The Colonies.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I'll be listening, and this is definitely live is it?

It's just they say it's live, and then you find out it's prerecorded. Be great if it is.

Hope to hear LOTS of ELO!:wub2:

Is it recorded or live? If it's live, he's going to have a very short alpine holiday!

There is no way it will be broadcast live

1., I can't think of any pop star who would be willing to spend New Year's Eve in a boring radio studio

2., there is no way they'd know in advance which artists he is going to name in 20 days as his favourites ..:wink2:

1., I can't think of any pop star who would be willing to spend New Year's Eve in a boring radio studio

2., there is no way they'd know in advance which artists he is going to name in 20 days as his favourites ..:wink2:

I agree with your first point, unless he goes off partying after. The best parties don't start til after 10pm:wink2:

But the second, everyone knows what their favourite songs are, it's a matter of whether he can fit them into 2 hours:naughty:

I agree with your first point, unless he goes off partying after. The best parties don't start til after 10pm:wink2:

But the second, everyone knows what their favourite songs are, it's a matter of whether he can fit them into 2 hours:naughty:

of course they need to ask the artist to have the songs available but they most definitely wouldn't have announced the names if they tried to pretend it would be broadcast live...:wink2:

of course they need to ask the artist to have the songs available but they most definitely wouldn't have announced the names if they tried to pretend it would be broadcast live...:wink2:

I don't think it makes a difference whether he's live or not. If they have the playist available, they can still say whats on it.

I thought he'd still be up a mountain anyway.:naughty:

There is a thread!! :wub2:

Will this be live on a website or can I get it on the channel thingy I downloaded (I always forget the name :blush-anim-cl:)

It's actually on the radio so you can hear it live (Guess it will be recorded though).. I think the link is somewhere in this thread :thumb_yello:

Hi sirfalstaff

I think you might b able to listen to it live on the Radio 2 website. I think you can listen to it anywhere in the world :original:

Try this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/help/ways-to-listen/index.shtml#online

there is a "listen live" link

"Listen Live

You can listen live to Radio 2 anytime by the power of the internet in either Realmedia or Windows media format.

Listen to Radio 2 now"

Ahhhhhhh YESS :wub2:

I hope I don't get forced into going to a party -- I'd rather be at home listening to this :aah::roftl:

Ahhhhhhh YESS :wub2:

I hope I don't get forced into going to a party -- I'd rather be at home listening to this :aah::roftl:

Won't it be on in the afternoon for you?

Your partying shouldn't be affected:thumb_yello:

Just a starter :naughty:

Man that song now has the same effect on me as Dolly Parton's 9-5. It's that same pre-gig excited feeling, conditioned to these songs. :roftl:

Yup, I agree on both points. Mika's got better things to do, I'm sure.

Won't it be on in the afternoon for you?

Your partying shouldn't be affected:thumb_yello:

Indeed, us North Americans can listen in the early afternoon well before any New Years festivities take place. :biggrin2:

Just a starter :naughty:

and Swingdance

:biggrin2:

Oh love these songs, and can you believe it...I've never heard them in English before.:roftl:

I saw the movie as a kid of course but they were dubbed in Swedish!

Even better in the original language....as always!!!:wub2:

Man that song now has the same effect on me as Dolly Parton's 9-5. It's that same pre-gig excited feeling, conditioned to these songs. :roftl:

Yup, I agree on both points. Mika's got better things to do, I'm sure.

Indeed, us North Americans can listen in the early afternoon well before any New Years festivities take place. :biggrin2:

I'll have to get ready before it starts, doesn't feel right listening to it in the bath:naughty: