2009 - Mika Live On Radio 2 This New Year's Eve

sirfalstaff

That's amazing- it's in the Radio Times and everything, which I didn't notice yesterday- pity he's gonna inflict the Bee Gees on us though

It's one of the 3 "today's choice"'s- "Get the party started with Mika, whose choice of music sweeps from Johnny Cash to Queen, via Barry Manilow and Britney Spears. There's nothing wrong with a bit ofg musical cheese on NYE and it's served up with relish by our debut dj"

Can't wait!

That's amazing- it's in the Radio Times and everything, which I didn't notice yesterday- pity he's gonna inflict the Bee Gees on us though

It's one of the 3 "today's choice"'s- "Get the party started with Mika, whose choice of music sweeps from Johnny Cash to Queen, via Barry Manilow and Britney Spears. There's nothing wrong with a bit ofg musical cheese on NYE and it's served up with relish by our debut dj"

Can't wait!

Great! That's some good publicity for his radio show!!!!!!!!

I love the Bee Gees!! Hope he plays some Beach Boys stuff too. I bet he'll play Pet Shop Boys. They are great as well!!!!

Hi sirfalstaff

I think you might b able to listen to it live on the Radio 2 website. I think you can listen to it anywhere in the world :original:

Try this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/help/ways-to-listen/index.shtml#online

there is a "listen live" link

"Listen Live

You can listen live to Radio 2 anytime by the power of the internet in either Realmedia or Windows media format.

Listen to Radio 2 now"

OMG THANK YOU!!! :biggrin2: Let's see.. I'm 8 hours ahead.. so I'd be up at 4am til 6 :blink:

Can't wait!

So I reckon it has already been recorded if they know what he is playing already...:aah:

Can't wait!

*Cough*Britney Spears :boxed:

I hope Amy is on his play list too

*Cough*Britney Spears :boxed:

I hope Amy is on his play list too

I'm surprised, I didn't think he liked Britney!:blink:

He's got to play ELO, I know he's as much of a fan as I am!:wub2:

I'm surprised, I didn't think he liked Britney!:blink:

He's got to play ELO, I know he's as much of a fan as I am!:wub2:

Maybe he likes 'Baby hit me one more time ':roftl:I used to like her 1st album though :aah:

I hope he plays' Mr Blue sky 'by ELO too:biggrin2:

Maybe he likes 'Baby hit me one more time ':roftl:I used to like her 1st album though :aah:

That or 'Sweet Talking Woman', although I'd love him to play 'Don't Bring Me Down'

Hi sirfalstaff

I think you might b able to listen to it live on the Radio 2 website. I think you can listen to it anywhere in the world :original:

Try this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/help/ways-to-listen/index.shtml#online

there is a "listen live" link

"Listen Live

You can listen live to Radio 2 anytime by the power of the internet in either Realmedia or Windows media format.

Listen to Radio 2 now"

*Jawdrop* I can listen to BBC Radio!! Holy gosh! That is brilliant!

Lets see, Brittan is 6 hours ahead, if I recall right (Yes, I've memorised that. :naughty:).

So 8pm-10pm there is 2pm-4pm.

Cool!! I can defiantly hear it, especially since I'm at my Dad's this year. Unless we do something.

I love that I can listen to BBC radio. I've actually been meaning to look for something like this!

Brilliant brilliant yayyay brilliant! :biggrin2:

Though I still hope someone records it because I doubt I will catch everything and the fact that there's no way I can get away with listening to "radio" for 2 hours! :naughty:

Sorry, had to do that.:teehee:

I wonder if he likes any new Britney, like Three, Circus, or If you seek Amy...

• 3 weeks later...

Really looking forward to this now. The Daily Mail has given the programme 4 stars:

"Mika mixes up a fine and varied selection of tracks to liven up the first part of Old Year's Night. There are lots of dance and sing-along songs for those of you partying, plus music from Mika's favourite artists, including The Who, Scissor Sisters, INXS, Johnny Cash, Madonna, Frank Sinatra - and Mika himself".

Really looking forward to this now. The Daily Mail has given the programme 4 stars:

"Mika mixes up a fine and varied selection of tracks to liven up the first part of Old Year's Night. There are lots of dance and sing-along songs for those of you partying, plus music from Mika's favourite artists, including The Who, Scissor Sisters, INXS, Johnny Cash, Madonna, Frank Sinatra - and Mika himself".

:yay:

Good for the Daily Mail! I hope Mika gets a lot of listeners! I can't wait!!

:groovy: