Mika @ Life4you Dutch tv

Sylvana

Did anyone else notice that he thought the food was, in fact, so disgusting that he actually started talking with his mouth full to the interviewer guy? Classy, thy name is Mika. :naughty:

I thought he looked like he was looking for a way to spit it out somewhere!

:naughty: At least he stopped short of doing that!

As for Gertrude - how freakin' random. I suppose we'll find out in February if he really does have a dog, because I'm sure Jimmy or iMMa will tweet a pic of it. I find the whole microchip thing interesting, because he's totally correct that you do need to microchip your dog in order to take it across international borders (specifically, to take it out of the UK and then back in). So if he's sh*tting us, he's at least done a bit of research on the matter. And he's not the only artist to take a dog on tour, so I guess it's a possibility. :dunno:

The funny thing about him naming his male dog

Gertrude is that I have a niece who named her

female shih tzu "Willard." She just always wanted a dog named Willard. :dunno:

Her brother, my nephew, named his female dog, a mastiff, Thor. Thor?

I know a mastiff is a very masculine sort of dog, but she is a girl, for crying

out loud. Yes, that side of the family seems to have gender confusion

issues. :roftl:

But yes, it is odd that this is the first time he's mentioned the dog, although

he talks as though he's had it a while... Time will tell, I suppose.

And I too want to say thank you to everyone for the links and downloads! :wub2:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the links, I enjoyed them !! :dog::cheerful_h4h:

But at one part I was really embarrassed - when Mika talked about the exotic meal.. oh dear, that wasn't gentleman-like, has the man of colour cooked it? this didn't sound very good. But I (and I assume Mika himself ;) ) don't know who really cooked it.

Thank you for the links, I enjoyed them !! :dog::cheerful_h4h:

But at one part I was really embarrassed - when Mika talked about the exotic meal.. oh dear, that wasn't gentleman-like, has the man of colour cooked it? this didn't sound very good. But I (and I assume Mika himself ;) ) don't know who really cooked it.

Yes he knew. He was talking to us at the gig that evening, saying that he had f*cked up the interview that afternoon, that he said that a special dish a famous chef had made was disgusting :teehee:. So he knew who had made it, it was the blond guy by the way :wink2:.

Knowing this co host I thought he behaved in a real calm way. I am not used to him being so calm :roftl:.

Don't worry about Mika dear Rosi, perhaps he has someone already but doesn't want to tell it yet. Or maybe it is too difficult to maintain a relationship with the kind of life he is leading. I think it'll happen to him, in time. And if not, he always has his large family to fall back on, that's more then a lot of people have :wink2:.

That was him being calm!!!

I dread to think whaat he's like when he really gets going then! LOL!!!

Yes he knew. He was talking to us at the gig that evening, saying that he had f*cked up the interview that afternoon, that he said that a special dish a famous chef had made was disgusting :teehee:. So he knew who had made it, it was the blond guy by the way :wink2:.

Thank you, Monie - now I am relieved :wink2:. A chief-cook can handle with bad critique, and he didn't look very apalled with this :biggrin2:

:biggrin2: Over here André Rieu is particularly loved by slightly "older" people...like my granny always watched his NYE performance :wink2:

I think that the majority of André Rieu lovers is also 65+ here in The Netherlands:naughty:

My grandparents always watch him, I personally think he's kinda kitsch.

He's very famous in Australia though...

i really like him... it's not really the now music and i don't listen to it everyday...but once in a while i like to watch his concerts.

He should perform with André Rieu! :wub2:

mmmmmm :wub2: it would be a great mix IMO.... the classical influence + mika pop... :das:

Watching it again now though, I don't like it much. :boxed: I mean, I loved Mika there, but that guy was really annoying. Why did he call Mika:"A clown, a stupid man"? Was it some kind of a joke? A bad joke, me thinks. :thumbdown: Mika was cool enough to ignore it.

And I barely understood anything of what they were saying :naughty:

But this was the best: Mika how's your love-life? -Non-existant

:lmfao:

Like I said ....:lmfao:

I think that the majority of André Rieu lovers is also 65+ here in The Netherlands:naughty:

I love his house and I want to have it:mf_rosetinted:

Interesting she should say that, when her co host was jumping around like he was on acid!LOL!!!

The thing he said, that Gertrude would be his longest relationship, if true, I find kind of sad really!

I would like to think he could find someone he could spend his life with.

Don't worry about Mika, he'll find his loverrr:thumb_yello:

Nah, it was the white boy who shares a last name with me (No family though:teehee:)

That was him being calm!!!

I dread to think whaat he's like when he really gets going then! LOL!!!

You don't want to know...though he's calmer now than a few years ago:thumb_yello:

Watching it again now though, I don't like it much. :boxed: I mean, I loved Mika there, but that guy was really annoying. Why did he call Mika:"A clown, a stupid man"? Was it some kind of a joke? A bad joke, me thinks. :thumbdown: Mika was cool enough to ignore it.

He wasn't serious:wink2:

:aah:

He apologized for being rude though. Although I don't think they heard that.

(Strange that it wasn't subtitled, btw. I mean, I don't really need them, but it's kinda lame, especially since it's not actually live.)

I think they wanted to keep up the appearance of live....

i found the receipt of the salad on the Dutch site :teehee:

i think it must be this one :aah:

Carlos' salade de Mexico

- 03 jan 2010

15 minuten

Ingredienten

2 tomaten - 2 avocado's - 1 blikje kidney beans - 8 taco's - 1 bosje koriander - 1 zakje rucola - 1 rode ui - 1 verse maiskolf - olijfolie - limoensap - zout - peper

Bereidingswijze

Snij de tomaten, avocado's en koriander. Doe deze in een grote kom. Doe hier vervolgens de inhoud van het blikje kidney beans bij. Verkruimel boven de kom de 8 taco's. Snij vervolgens de rode uit in halve ringen. Doe deze ook in de kom. Snij de maiskolf. Doe dit door de korrels eraf te snijden. Dit bak je vervolgens even kort. Doe de rucola nu in de kom en voeg een scheutje olijfolie en limoensap bij. Ook zout en peper naar smaak toevoegen. Meng dit alles vervolgens goed in de kom en serveer deze heerlijke salade!

http://life4you.rtl.nl/eten--drinken/recepten/carlos%27-salade-de-mexico.aspx

------------------------

Google translator:

Ingredients

2 tomatoes - 2 avocados - 1 can kidney beans - tacos 8 - 1 bunch coriander - 1 bag lettuce - 1 red onion - 1 ear fresh corn - olive oil - lemon juice - salt - pepper

Preparation

Cut the tomatoes, avocados and cilantro. Put them in a large bowl. Do this then the contents of the can of kidney beans. Crumble over the bowl 8 tacos. Then cut in half from the red rings. Put it in the bowl. Cut the corn cob. Do this by cutting off the kernels. Then you bake it briefly. Put the rocket is now in the bowl and add a dash of lime juice and olive oil. Also add salt and pepper to taste. Then mix it well in the bowl and serve delicious salad!

This cannot be it. I mean, Mika said the stuff he tasted was sweet....this recipe doesn't sound sweet to me.

The interview was very funny, but I dislike Carlo and Irene. They like to hear one person talking, and that person is themselves :aah: (especially Carlo)

But it was funny to see and it made me laugh! Mika was as great as ever and I loved it, especially at the beginning when Mika said: "What's that? It looks disgusting!" :roftl:

You're right, but I saw André Rieu in Maastricht (in the South of the Netherlands, were André Rieu lives) performing with Rowwen Heze (Dutch dialect band) and that was really great! So in my opinion Mika and André Rieu could work together, the pop and the more classical stuff could fit in really well! Sorry, this is really off topic :teehee:

I agree with you. The interviewers don't even try to show interest to Mika's words, and he even had to say "I don't understand!" They were disgusting themselves, and they jokes were stupid. I don't consider Mika being wrong with his reaction to this food, at least he wasn't rude in his behaviour, he acted really like a spontaneous child, that's all.

You're right, but I saw André Rieu in Maastricht (in the South of the Netherlands, were André Rieu lives) performing with Rowwen Heze (Dutch dialect band) and that was really great! So in my opinion Mika and André Rieu could work together, the pop and the more classical stuff could fit in really well! Sorry, this is really off topic :teehee:

Haha, well maybe. But if he has got to play live with a violist I'd rather see him performing with Owen Pallett.. :biggrin2:

I agree with you. The interviewers don't even try to show interest to Mika's words, and he even had to say "I don't understand!" They were disgusting themselves, and they jokes were stupid. I don't consider Mika being wrong with his reaction to this food, at least he wasn't rude in his behaviour, he acted really like a spontaneous child, that's all.

I can see what you mean, but I have to admit that I usually really love these interviewers. They're just a bit chaotic and usually that works really well, but somehow it went horribly wrong with this interview. :aah:

Archived