The Australian Thread: Party Twenty Two

nico_collard

i know whats that like as well i came to high school and wanted to fit in so i tryed emo witch didnt work for me coz i didnt feel comfortabel with it. so when i heard mika he saved me i was really sad with my life i evan thought of suicied but thanks to mika im alive and well and happy with who i am

Haha I didn't keep on with emo because emo actually looked rediculous on me!

Think of a typical burlesque dancer... Gone goth...

Just doesn't work :roftl:

See, this is why Mika is so amazing - Music is such a selfish thing for most people. The artists get into helping prevent global warming, saving animals or starving children for the good publicity but without trying to be wonderful, Mika has saved so many people and turned so many people's lives around!

We know he cares about people like for the children in need and he cares about the world because he tries to find out as much as he can about the places he goes to rather than just stay in their hotel rooms and wait for the next country to come along and let them all blur by. But he is amazing without trying!

I see so many stories about how Mika saves people with his music and his words and I never stop feeling completely proud to know of such an amazing person.

Mika helps to make us amazing too :huglove:

No probs... I thought I better contribute considering we usually talk crap in here...

And I'm glad you're feeling better about your body... I was told by a doctor that I had to lose some weight, but only because I have high cholesterol...

LOL why is it that I inspire either really dirty conversations or really serious conversations wherever I go?

I went to a bar the other night and had a really in depth conversation with a dj who I have never met before, about the meaning of life in general, religeon, fate and the relavance of dreams...

Then this guy came over, pushed the wrong button by being a jerk about my age so I proceeded to fire inapropriate insults at him and we started getting into a loud argument about age vs. philosophy and wisdom... And who was more judgmental, me or him.

I appologised to the guy sitting with us (the dj I hadn't met before) and he burst out laughing and said it was really quite amusing and that I would make a good politician.

Then the jerk guy said "But she'd never listen!"

so I turned around and said "I listen, I just don't listen to people who are contented to stay in the closet about how they enjoy being pretentious bastards with their heads shoved so far up their arses that they can wear themselves as hats." (word for word what I said to they guy who is the adopted father to one of my best friends. Well, a jerk's a jerk the way I see it.)

He threatened me then the way a parent does so I said if he was going to continue in the role of an attempted parent who obviously was in the wrong place to be opening his drunken mouth then I didn't care for his company anymore and walked away with a finger up :roftl:

PS. On the last point you made about getting told to loose, weight, I suggest reading that book I posted the link to. It's a really interesting read and gives alternative information about weight loss.

Just remember, once upon a time, doctors recommended smoking and being subjected to being bled out by leeches. They CAN be wrong.

THIS is why people on the pub scene love me.

Because if they don't, I make public scenes of them :teehee:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks! I almost missed out of being a big girl... Mrs Penniman told me I might be too small in the bust for the corsets... luckily for me I was big enough!

Ooooh... I desperately wanted to be a lollipop girl after the concert in 2007. I thought Mika owed it to me cause I got hit in the nose with a lollipop and the cut I got on my nose started bleeding... :naughty:

It's good to know that you like the way you are... never let anyone tell you you're not the perfect figure!

yer thats fine you were great as a big girl lucky you got in

im gonna try to be a loollie pop girl hope i do

and thanks i now because of mika that we are all perfect in our own littel ways:wink2:

Haha I didn't keep on with emo because emo actually looked rediculous on me!

Think of a typical burlesque dancer... Gone goth...

Just doesn't work :roftl:

hehe me too emo looked crap on me but i feel in love with mika i changed and im now more comfortabel with who i am:wub2:

I need to share this with you guys. The song might be titled Skinny, but the visuals are anything but.

I love it!

That was awesome! I had that song in my head for a while!

Solo effort ... :naughty:

Well done! I'm not a big fan of singing without others, mostly cause I can't sing!

all I keep thinking is...what ever happened to that?

teaching your kids that people come in different shapes and sizes?

I don't know... Though magazines and such are trying to encourage body love.. Marie Claire magazine thought it would make women feel better about their bodies by posting an un-airbrushed naked pic of Jennifer Hawkins on the cover ft. a crease on her waist, uneven skin tone and some cellulite... :blink:

I know a lot of people thought she shouldn't be on the cover and that she isn't a role model for healthy body image, but I reckon she would have a problem with being naked on camera...

Oh, that just reminded me.... apparently one of the politicians brought in a voluntary code of conduct that says magazine should use models of a normal size (so I guess that would be size 12 or so), amongst other things (maybe it also says no to airbrushing)...

Oooh, that also reminded me... did people know that Kate Winslet once sued a magazine for airbrushing an image of her to be skinny without her consent?

My english teacher went back to australia today, she will be missed. :tears:

I drew koala bears and kangaroos all over her card. :teehee:

*pats*

I wonder if they would like another Aussie teacher there... :fisch:

See, this is why Mika is so amazing - Music is such a selfish thing for most people. The artists get into helping prevent global warming, saving animals or starving children for the good publicity but without trying to be wonderful, Mika has saved so many people and turned so many people's lives around!

We know he cares about people like for the children in need and he cares about the world because he tries to find out as much as he can about the places he goes to rather than just stay in their hotel rooms and wait for the next country to come along and let them all blur by. But he is amazing without trying!

I see so many stories about how Mika saves people with his music and his words and I never stop feeling completely proud to know of such an amazing person.

Mika helps to make us amazing too :huglove:

I don't necessarily thing all musicians/famous people do things for charity just for publicity (okay, Lindsay Lohan does, but she's a waste of space IMO).

I know that Hanson donated money to giving out drugs for AIDS from the sale of a song on iTunes, and also hold one mile barefoot walks to raise money to supply African children with shoes. They started that in 2006/2007, and they still do the walks themselves, and encourage the fans to organise walks in their own cities.

Bono has the RED campaign, which is dedicated to eliminating AIDS in Africa (and yes, he does it even though he can be a bit of a twat at times :teehee:)...

And even dear little Zachary Quinto supports various charities. His followers in Sylar's Army often raise money for charities that Zach supports. At the moment he is supporting the Epilepsy Foundation.

What Mika does is wonderful, he changes his fans lives for the better, but other famous people do their own thing to better mankind. I think using their popularity for a cause is a great way to show that they're not just there for our entertainment and that they care about their fellow human beings.

LOL why is it that I inspire either really dirty conversations or really serious conversations wherever I go?

I went to a bar the other night and had a really in depth conversation with a dj who I have never met before, about the meaning of life in general, religeon, fate and the relavance of dreams...

Then this guy came over, pushed the wrong button by being a jerk about my age so I proceeded to fire inapropriate insults at him and we started getting into a loud argument about age vs. philosophy and wisdom... And who was more judgmental, me or him.

I appologised to the guy sitting with us (the dj I hadn't met before) and he burst out laughing and said it was really quite amusing and that I would make a good politician.

Then the jerk guy said "But she'd never listen!"

so I turned around and said "I listen, I just don't listen to people who are contented to stay in the closet about how they enjoy being pretentious bastards with their heads shoved so far up their arses that they can wear themselves as hats." (word for word what I said to they guy who is the adopted father to one of my best friends. Well, a jerk's a jerk the way I see it.)

He threatened me then the way a parent does so I said if he was going to continue in the role of an attempted parent who obviously was in the wrong place to be opening his drunken mouth then I didn't care for his company anymore and walked away with a finger up :roftl:

I love you :wub2:...

Will you marry me?

PS. On the last point you made about getting told to loose, weight, I suggest reading that book I posted the link to. It's a really interesting read and gives alternative information about weight loss.

Just remember, once upon a time, doctors recommended smoking and being subjected to being bled out by leeches. They CAN be wrong.

THIS is why people on the pub scene love me.

Because if they don't, I make public scenes of them :teehee:

Hmmmmm... I'll have to see if I can find it... would they sell it on Amazon?

hehe me too emo looked crap on me but i feel in love with mika i changed and im now more comfortabel with who i am:wub2:

Gotta love him :fangurl:

I don't necessarily thing all musicians/famous people do things for charity just for publicity (okay, Lindsay Lohan does, but she's a waste of space IMO).

I know that Hanson donated money to giving out drugs for AIDS from the sale of a song on iTunes, and also hold one mile barefoot walks to raise money to supply African children with shoes. They started that in 2006/2007, and they still do the walks themselves, and encourage the fans to organise walks in their own cities.

Bono has the RED campaign, which is dedicated to eliminating AIDS in Africa (and yes, he does it even though he can be a bit of a twat at times :teehee:)...

And even dear little Zachary Quinto supports various charities. His followers in Sylar's Army often raise money for charities that Zach supports. At the moment he is supporting the Epilepsy Foundation.

What Mika does is wonderful, he changes his fans lives for the better, but other famous people do their own thing to better mankind. I think using their popularity for a cause is a great way to show that they're not just there for our entertainment and that they care about their fellow human beings.

I love you :wub2:...

Will you marry me?

Hmmmmm... I'll have to see if I can find it... would they sell it on Amazon?

Sorry, I actually meant people like Miley Cyrus and "Stand up toCancer" and a few of those "No smoking" adds with low grade celebrities they show for local NZers so obviously my anger was misdirected. I was also thinking of several others while writing but I can't remember them now.

But yeah, Katie Melua was raised in poverty before moving to UK and now she helps raise awareness for starving children and Rufus Wainwright :wub2: does blackoutsabbath so...

Sorry, Kelzy's marked her territory on me *Pulls the neck of my dress down to reveal a big Kelzy-bite mark on my left boob*

You can be my bit on the side though if you want :wink2:

That's me though, I argue and my mother gets into brawls. When we go pubbing, we're the life of the party :mf_rosetinted:

Try here http://www.trademe.co.nz/Books/Nonfiction/Health-Lifestyle/Other/auction-261833040.htm

Enquire here for the ebook http://largely.happy.tripod.com/

Sorry, I actually meant people like Miley Cyrus and "Stand up toCancer" and a few of those "No smoking" adds with low grade celebrities they show for local NZers so obviously my anger was misdirected. I was also thinking of several others while writing but I can't remember them now.

But yeah, Katie Melua was raised in poverty before moving to UK and now she helps raise awareness for starving children and Rufus Wainwright :wub2: does blackoutsabbath so...

Sorry, Kelzy's marked her territory on me *Pulls the neck of my dress down to reveal a big Kelzy-bite mark on my left boob*

You can be my bit on the side though if you want :wink2:

That's me though, I argue and my mother gets into brawls. When we go pubbing, we're the life of the party :mf_rosetinted:

Try here http://www.trademe.co.nz/Books/Nonfiction/Health-Lifestyle/Other/auction-261833040.htm

Enquire here for the ebook http://largely.happy.tripod.com/

Bloody Miley Cyrus... seriously, I hate all those Disney stars... especially the Jonas brothers... I'm sorry, but you are NOT the next Hanson (even though you say you are). Maybe if you actually write your own songs, play instruments other than pretending to play guitar and get away from Disney (the money grubbing whores!) I might have some respect for you.

*gets down off soapbox*

Sorry... I just hate Disney and anyone involved with them.

Oooh, fair enough then... I didn't think you were saying all famous people are like that, but I could think of those off the top of my head...

Damn... Well okay then, I'll be your bit on the side... *bites*

*checks links*

Bloody Miley Cyrus... seriously, I hate all those Disney stars... especially the Jonas brothers... I'm sorry, but you are NOT the next Hanson (even though you say you are). Maybe if you actually write your own songs, play instruments other than pretending to play guitar and get away from Disney (the money grubbing whores!) I might have some respect for you.

*gets down off soapbox*

Sorry... I just hate Disney and anyone involved with them.

Oooh, fair enough then... I didn't think you were saying all famous people are like that, but I could think of those off the top of my head...

Damn... Well okay then, I'll be your bit on the side... *bites*

*checks links*

I also have no respect for Disney stars. But I like that Miley Cyrus doesn't act as OTT nicey nice as the others do. She actually does a bit more controversial which I think is cool for someone our age (she's around my age) because people are really prejudiced towards people when they're young because they think that just because of someone's age, they should be acting how society wants them to act.

But SAME on Dita Von Teese for all the pics with the stuffed animal bodies and then doing this:

dlhsf4.jpg

PETA?

Really???

I know it's only animal birth control but REEEEEEALLY?

2m4omq9.jpg

PS. As much as I love DVT's work and have a world of respect for her, is it just me or is she a little skinny?

Like, I find her slight boniness (like her legs in the PETA commercial above) to be a bit gross.

There's an interview that is easily found on youtube (I'm too tired to grab it for you) where she has all the bones in her chest exposed like she's all gaunt and stuff.

But sometimes she's not like that. Maybe she's like the Megan Foxx in Jennifer's Body :roftl:

I also have no respect for Disney stars. But I like that Miley Cyrus doesn't act as OTT nicey nice as the others do. She actually does a bit more controversial which I think is cool for someone our age (she's around my age) because people are really prejudiced towards people when they're young because they think that just because of someone's age, they should be acting how society wants them to act.

But SAME on Dita Von Teese for all the pics with the stuffed animal bodies and then doing this:

dlhsf4.jpg

PETA?

Really???

I know it's only animal birth control but REEEEEEALLY?

2m4omq9.jpg

PS. As much as I love DVT's work and have a world of respect for her, is it just me or is she a little skinny?

Like, I find her slight boniness (like her legs in the PETA commercial above) to be a bit gross.

There's an interview that is easily found on youtube (I'm too tired to grab it for you) where she has all the bones in her chest exposed like she's all gaunt and stuff.

But sometimes she's not like that. Maybe she's like the Megan Foxx in Jennifer's Body :roftl:

Good point about Miley Cyrus... I guess she's showing that she's not as goody two shoes as the other ones... And I will admit that I have watched a few eps of Hannah Montana and enjoyed it...

Ummmmmmm... animal birth control???

It's not just you... She is a bit skinny...

This looks better...

dita_von_teese_2.jpg

dita-von-teese-wonderbra.jpg

Hello! I haven't been around much lately because I've been trying to force myself to write an article for my English assessment. So far I've managed to write one paragraph in three days. And I was planning to have it finished by tomorrow night. Holiday homework sucks. :tears:

I have been reading through the thread a little. All of your stories are so touching and I'm so glad that Mika managed to help you all. I feel a little silly, not having a story of my own! :naughty:

I know everybody is probably in bed by now but I have to post these two videos. They are so cool and cute.

Old school Sesame Street is brilliant.

Now time for sleep. Na-night! :huglove:

Good point about Miley Cyrus... I guess she's showing that she's not as goody two shoes as the other ones... And I will admit that I have watched a few eps of Hannah Montana and enjoyed it...

This looks better...

dita_von_teese_2.jpg

I don't like Miley or Hannah, not the music, not the show and her voice, even talking annoys me to no end!

I keep missing the light writing. Like, I saw the lemonchiffon with the old site but my mind just doesn't register the lavender!

Yeah but PETA is about helping animals and why would they have someone who wears fur and sits on dead animals?

Yeah, I have lots of nice Dita pics on my burlesque thread but sometimes she's a little less attractive in her bones..

Hello! I haven't been around much lately because I've been trying to force myself to write an article for my English assessment. So far I've managed to write one paragraph in three days. And I was planning to have it finished by tomorrow night. Holiday homework sucks. :tears:

I have been reading through the thread a little. All of your stories are so touching and I'm so glad that Mika managed to help you all. I feel a little silly, not having a story of my own! :naughty:

I know everybody is probably in bed by now but I have to post these two videos. They are so cool and cute.

Old school Sesame Street is brilliant.

Now time for sleep. Na-night! :huglove:

Don't get me started on celebrities on Sesame Street. I love it! There was a thread about getting Mika on Sesame street or something...

Anyway, this one isn't old school, but it's what got me into James Blunt a couple of years ago...

hi

eveyone :biggrin2:

how was your day?

im was good bisides the huge blue bottel that stung me when i was swimming out i was really far when it happened and had to swim back to get help its all swollen now:shocked:

but how was your day?

I have been reading through the thread a little. All of your stories are so touching and I'm so glad that Mika managed to help you all. I feel a little silly, not having a story of my own!

It does indeed, but it's gotta be done... you can do it!

I remember reading people's stories like that and thinking "Well Mika hasn't affected me in that way :shun:"... for the most part he doesn't affect me, except for Big Girl, and it's more the costume thatn the song...

I really struggle to relate to things other people write, I must be weird or smth...

I keep missing the light writing. Like, I saw the lemonchiffon with the old site but my mind just doesn't register the lavender!

Yeah but PETA is about helping animals and why would they have someone who wears fur and sits on dead animals?

I miss it a lot too... if it looks like a bit of a gap in the typing I highlight it...

PETA are stupid... well, not completely stupid, but the way they use celebrities is stupid. They got Pink and Toni Collette in on attacking sheep farmers for mulesing their sheep. Yes it's painful for the skin around their butt to be cut, but it's better than flystrike... And besides, they're actually looking at ways to protect their sheep from flystrike without mulesing... If they did something other than criticise farmers then I might have some respect for them.

And I have no clue why they would do that... surely it is hypocritical...

Don't get me started on celebrities on Sesame Street. I love it! There was a thread about getting Mika on Sesame street or something...

Anyway, this one isn't old school, but it's what got me into James Blunt a couple of years ago...

Awwwwww! I really like James Blunt's accent...

hi

how was your day?

im was good bisides the huge blue bottel that stung me when i was swimming out i was really far when it happened and had to swim back to get help its all swollen now:shocked:

but how was your day?

Ouch!

Mine was boring... I read a book for a while, went to Bunnings and other furniture places, then stayed at home and waited for a friend to come arouns so she could practice doing acrylic nails and she didn't end up coming...

The kids in those two videos are just so groovy! :biggrin2:

:roftl: at the James Blunt song!

I just love that clip! I remember singing it in Maths, in yr 11. =P

hi

how was your day?

but how was your day?

Owie!! :huglove: Hope you're a bit better now. My day was mixed. On the one hand, the kids got yelled at a lot to clean their rooms and there were tears (oh and I wasn't the one doing the yelling) and I just tried to do the housework I needed to do and stay out of the line of fire, but on the other hand, my netbook screen, that died on me last night and had me all panicking and sad, started working again!!! Yay! And I read some damn good fanfiction too:teehee: I'm so totally addicted to this...:blush-anim-cl:

I need to share this with you guys. The song might be titled Skinny, but the visuals are anything but.

I love it!

That is good :thumb_yello: they would look better in aprons though.

This looks better...

dita_von_teese_2.jpg

Her waist looks painful!

DD isn't really a Miley fan but she watches the show. She isn't really my cup of tea, but she is talented, must be hard to keep 'normal in perspective living that sort of life.

Her waist looks painful!

DD isn't really a Miley fan but she watches the show. She isn't really my cup of tea, but she is talented, must be hard to keep 'normal in perspective living that sort of life.

Very painful... I guess she has a small waist anyways, but accentuates it with a corset...

My brother watches it and he's 28 :teehee:

He was jealous of my niece's Hannah Montana birthday cake last year...

hi

how was your day?

but how was your day?

Hi Shanzi .. :thumb_yello: Today was ok .. came back from the nut house (aka my mum's place :naughty:) Saw my boys (my brother's kids .. one is 3 and the other is 2) on friday and babysat them .. Thank Goodness for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Disney DVD's ... ouch @ blue bottle .. it's why I'm weary of swimming at my local beach..

*gets down off soapbox*

If anyone watches South Park .. check out the episode where they rip on the Jonas brothers :roftl: season 13 episode 1 (David just told me) so funny and true how they act ...

Don't get down off ya soapbox Teegs we love it :naughty::thumb_yello:

Archived