The Australian Thread: Party Twenty Two

nico_collard

Yeah you probably would... and I reckon you'd get along well with S&M, you're both pedants :teehee:

:doh: Crap... I forgot that I haven't explained that comment...

That comment came form my sister telling me about what my cousin was doing (under the covers) while she was talking to him in his room... I said "Oooh, that's kinda like incest" and it stuck, so basically anything like what happened with my sister I would make that comment...

Apparently a friend of mine doesn't appreciate when I say it cause she has actually screwed around with her cousins... :blink:

S&M posted a little in my burlesque thread. It was cool.

But I don't know her that well..

Oooooh right!

Hahaha like whenever my friend Hippo says something about how I give everyone unpleasant mental images, I say "Anal hoses" and he goes "Aaaaarrrrgggg!" :roftl:

That's because... Well if you want to know why, ask me and I'll PM you why. It involves a screwdriver, a funpark and a hose all stuck inside his torso :naughty:

haha DITO!

why do people automatically assume if your a fan girl who thinks hes even mildly attractive you want to jump him? or that because hes "rich and famous" youll be a groupy?

I dont seem to have a celebrity complex! I support his music like I do my friends music, I just support music that I like! and otherwise mika kinda makes you feel like being who you are is ok, you dont have to try to be anything to like his music!

best not to try take them through customs though :naughty:

Our 'special' boy JIMMY! you have to share jimmy! and all the food people!

YES! martin looked back at the BG's a couple of times!

And that sunshine? guy watched us a bit too! (now I know who he was) whats his real name! I keep forgetting!

I feel kinda bad cos sunshine aproched me at the meet and greet and complimented me on big girl and we chatted and I had no idea who he was! hahaha

I agree. I love how Mika makes it ok to be different and since I found out about him, my music's gotten way better, I've started taking risks, rekindled my love of acting and performing and my whole perspective on life has changed. I feel like Mika kind of changed my whole being in a way because now I'm stronger and kinder and I see more about the world and I'm all the wiser about things that I've found out from being a fan.

So Mika's kind of been like a teacher and a guiding spirit for me.

I wouldn't do my teachers so why would I look at Mika like that? :biggrin2:

Is Sunshine David Whitmey?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. I love how Mika makes it ok to be different and since I found out about him, my music's gotten way better, I've started taking risks, rekindled my love of acting and performing and my whole perspective on life has changed. I feel like Mika kind of changed my whole being in a way because now I'm stronger and kinder and I see more about the world and I'm all the wiser about things that I've found out from being a fan.

I agree with you. =]

Yep, that's him. =P

Oooooh right!

Hahaha like whenever my friend Hippo says something about how I give everyone unpleasant mental images, I say "Anal hoses" and he goes "Aaaaarrrrgggg!" :roftl:

That's because... Well if you want to know why, ask me and I'll PM you why. It involves a screwdriver, a funpark and a hose all stuck inside his torso :naughty:

Ive grown so much because of his first album,..because he said that it was ok to be different, after a whole 5 years of highschool trying to be so many different things to fit in! then somehow a shy me flew over to sydney alone to meet a bunch of online people (which I would NEVER have done before LICM) and see mika live, and had my first time on stage with him!

I did drama in highschool but I was really bad cos I couldnt get over the fact that the whole class was watching/judging! but onstage it was different...i was in a zone...like everyone else had come to watch a show and I was part of it and thats all that mattered!

It felt amazing, and thats why I like him...cos his music deals with real stuff, that most of us outsiders know first hand!

and it gives me hope that this freak can do something too! :thumb_yello:

Ive grown so much because of his first album,..because he said that it was ok to be different, after a whole 5 years of highschool trying to be so many different things to fit in! then somehow a shy me flew over to sydney alone to meet a bunch of online people (which I would NEVER have done before LICM) and see mika live, and had my first time on stage with him!

I did drama in highschool but I was really bad cos I couldnt get over the fact that the whole class was watching/judging! but onstage it was different...i was in a zone...like everyone else had come to watch a show and I was part of it and thats all that mattered!

It felt amazing, and thats why I like him...cos his music deals with real stuff, that most of us outsiders know first hand!

and it gives me hope that this freak can do something too! :thumb_yello:

Yeah. I agree with everything you said except that I only really got shy after LICM and I think that occured because I knew that Mika had been bullied and he said that part of his personality had been wounded beyond repair and I knew it gave him problems so instead of being all obviously different, I decided to stand back and observe others and to stop showing my oddness (as Mika did and it made people know he was different) and I learned to be hard skined because he said he was hard skinned and I wanted to be like that.

But before LICM, everyone knew me as the weird girl who hated P'ram, came from Auckland and loved lions and the lion man.

I wanted to be an animal handler and I had my little obsessivenesses with Trent Barclay from Auckland Zoo, I sang Celine Dion, James Blunt, Delta Goodrem, Elton John and KT Tunstall, I wrote really basic pop songs that slowly turned to songs about death that were sad and winey like half the people in the list I just mentioned. I pretty much saw that emo was the COOL thing and tried to fit it. I failed but then I found out that they wouldn't hire a blind girl to handle lions and snakes and that was when I'd just discovered Mika and was saved by the thought that I should be a singer instead. Blind people can do that. Anyone can do it if they're any good.

Then I started to get into gay rights and all that which I was, before Mika, very uncomfortable with. Then when Big Girl came out and I saw the video, I really enjoyed it but the fat girls to me were a bit... Y'know...

But I was in the library one day and I was in a section looking for a diet book and there was a book just lying on the shelf that someone had obviously just left around. I picked it up to put it in the correct place and the front cover reminded me of the BG CD cover and the video. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Books/Nonfiction/Health-Lifestyle/Other/photos/a-261833040/p-114609533.htm

I read it and I changed my whole look on not just fat people, but THE WORLD!

I know it sounds farfetched but I accept everything now! Even icest! :roftl:

He's also the use of curling tongs. I look gooooood in curls! :P

Our 'special' boy JIMMY! you have to share jimmy! and all the food people!

YES! martin looked back at the BG's a couple of times!

And that sunshine? guy watched us a bit too! (now I know who he was) whats his real name! I keep forgetting!

I feel kinda bad cos sunshine aproched me at the meet and greet and complimented me on big girl and we chatted and I had no idea who he was! hahaha

Jimmy is a bit thpethial, isn't he? :teehee: I was looking at the vegie creations he's made on Facebook and thinking, "OG he's thpethial"...

Awwwww... I missed it! And I missed Sunshine watching too!

As everyone's already said, his name's David.. I still refer to him as Sunshine...

I think Teegs mentions in her post that in the past you could be gone for two days and have 10 pages to read, but I remember when I first joined, I'd get up in the morning and there'd be 20 pages. And this is not one of those fish stories, where you keep opening your arms wider and saying "No, it was THIS big". There seriously were that many pages. It was ridiculous. The people that were around at that time just used to talk a heck of a lot.

:tears: What are you saying? That I have really lousy taste in fiction? :crybaby: Maybe it's a good thing that I'm reading all that fan fic over on that other site then. I can get my fill!

David! His name is David. Although you could call him Mr Stunningly GoodLooking In Real Life if you like, and I'd know who you meant.

Oooh yes, those were the days.. I remember leaving for a few days and having 20 pages to catch up on... I had two MQs full!

No, you don't have bad taste in books... I just really dislike it, but maybe that was a wee bit harsh... Admittedly vampires are a bit far fetched, but it could've been a better story... that and Stephenie was really pushed into writing it and it was hastily written.. if she had more time it could've been better...

He's really really ridiculously good looking :wub2:

I haven't written anything for awhile. I think its partly cos of the heat and partly cos I"m trying to make my way through the super long wheel of time series. But I will start writing again soon.

Shiny... are you going to keep writing the one you started ages ago or start a new one?

Oooooh right!

Well that would be somewhat uncomfortable :blink:

S&M's pretty cool once you get to know her...

Yeah. I agree with everything you said except that I only really got shy after LICM and I think that occured because I knew that Mika had been bullied and he said that part of his personality had been wounded beyond repair and I knew it gave him problems so instead of being all obviously different, I decided to stand back and observe others and to stop showing my oddness (as Mika did and it made people know he was different) and I learned to be hard skined because he said he was hard skinned and I wanted to be like that.

Then when Big Girl came out and I saw the video, I really enjoyed it but the fat girls to me were a bit... Y'know...

But I was in the library one day and I was in a section looking for a diet book and there was a book just lying on the shelf that someone had obviously just left around. I picked it up to put it in the correct place and the front cover reminded me of the BG CD cover and the video. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Books/Nonfiction/Health-Lifestyle/Other/photos/a-261833040/p-114609533.htm

I read it and I changed my whole look on not just fat people, but THE WORLD!

I know it sounds farfetched but I accept everything now! Even icest! :roftl:

He's also the use of curling tongs. I look gooooood in curls! :P

Funny how you sort of stood back and watched people.. I became a little more outgoing after LICM, and a little more accepting of all my obsessions... and a little more open about my obsessions... :biggrin2:

And that's such a cool book cover! And funnily enough, as soon as I read that bit about the book Big Girl came on...

I also have Mika to thank for being comfortable in my skin... well, comfortable enough to prance around on stange in a corset and fishnets :teehee:

When I was 17 and really really skinny, I was so uncomfortable about how I looked, especially my legs...

Then I put on weight and got even more uncomfortable and didn't really wear anything that nice cause I thought it looked bad, and I would buy stuff that wouldn't fit cause it was the size I wanted to be...

Seriously, that corset and fishnest makes you feel so sexy... all of us said it, and we all talked a bit about our bodies and stuff backstage... it was kinda refreshing to hear girls saying that they were comfortable with how they looked and that they didn't feel the need to be stick thin...

Just thought I'd put in my little bit there...

Funny how you sort of stood back and watched people.. I became a little more outgoing after LICM, and a little more accepting of all my obsessions... and a little more open about my obsessions... :biggrin2:

And that's such a cool book cover! And funnily enough, as soon as I read that bit about the book Big Girl came on...

I also have Mika to thank for being comfortable in my skin... well, comfortable enough to prance around on stange in a corset and fishnets :teehee:

When I was 17 and really really skinny, I was so uncomfortable about how I looked, especially my legs...

Then I put on weight and got even more uncomfortable and didn't really wear anything that nice cause I thought it looked bad, and I would buy stuff that wouldn't fit cause it was the size I wanted to be...

Seriously, that corset and fishnest makes you feel so sexy... all of us said it, and we all talked a bit about our bodies and stuff backstage... it was kinda refreshing to hear girls saying that they were comfortable with how they looked and that they didn't feel the need to be stick thin...

Mika didn't realise how he was different and he said he was cowardly. Weather that be true or not, I wanted to learn from Mika's mistakes and it helped me a lot.

It is a cool cover! You should read it. It's the most amazing, interesting book but some of the stories are so heartbreaking!

Aaaw that bit in bold really got me! :tears: I'm glad you're happier about your body, I'm still dealing with mine but I'm getting there :wink2:

Thanks for putting your bit in there, it's much thanked :huglove:

Its easy for girls to fall into the trap of feeling not so good about their bodies! I remember b4 highschool, it was one of these these primary/intermediate deals...there were only 22 studens in total, so I was the only one going through puberty, I read all the books and couldnt figure out how anyone could feel bad about their bodies!

I was a size 10 in first year I moved into town and suddenly everyones trying to be model thin and reading magazines which I had never picked up before highschool. at an all girls highschool everyone takes it upon themselves to make you feel most worthless, fat and ugly! after lots of comfort eating I was size 22 when I graduated!

that last bit about the corsets and stuff was so true! I remember saying Ive never felt that good! even in my own balldress!

found LICM just after I graduated highschool, suddenly everything that made me weird and different that I had hid away or feared in highschool was kinda cool cos it was me!

[RANT]:badmood:

Talking about weight issues. theres this little girl on the bus shes all of about 5 years old maybe. shes always with her mother. she sat next to me the other day. purse in hand, expencive makeup included, high heels on (yes..a 5yo wearing proper high heals):shocked:

she says "you need to wear makeup, my mum says that makeup makes you look cute" and I said "but you dont need makeup to look beautiful you know that right?" and then she was like "yes...all the cleo models wear makeup" :annoyed_h4h:

then she was like "oh those spots on your face, I had chickenpox last week"

the best is yet to come, after a while it goes something like "your fat" I said yes and she was like "you need to eat vegetables" and I said i do, and she was like "no cos your fat, Im not fat" and I pointed out she was a lot younger

she was like "but fat is not beautiful" and I said "people come in all sorts of shapes and sizes...see your really short"

she was like "the girls wearing clothes in cleo are all really skinny" and I said "but girls grow up" and she said "Im going to be this size all my life"

theres a lot more to this convo but I soon realised it wasnt worth the conversation with this kid as she had been taught into the prejudist of her mother!:wags_finger:

but seriously ok first of all who tells their 5yo that they have to wear makeup and higheals to look beutiful... second WHO LETS THEIR 5yo read cleo? ok so she probably cant read it but you know what I mean!

[/Rant]

Its easy for girls to fall into the trap of feeling not so good about their bodies! I remember b4 highschool, it was one of these these primary/intermediate deals...there were only 22 studens in total, so I was the only one going through puberty, I read all the books and couldnt figure out how anyone could feel bad about their bodies!

I was a size 10 in first year I moved into town and suddenly everyones trying to be model thin and reading magazines which I had never picked up before highschool. at an all girls highschool everyone takes it upon themselves to make you feel most worthless, fat and ugly! after lots of comfort eating I was size 22 when I graduated!

that last bit about the corsets and stuff was so true! I remember saying Ive never felt that good! even in my own balldress!

found LICM just after I graduated highschool, suddenly everything that made me weird and different that I had hid away or feared in highschool was kinda cool cos it was me!

Talking about weight issues. theres this little girl on the bus shes all of about 5 years old maybe. shes always with her mother. she sat next to me the other day. purse in hand, expencive makeup included, high heels on (yes..a 5yo wearing proper high heals):shocked:

she says "you need to wear makeup, my mum says that makeup makes you look cute" and I said "but you dont need makeup to look beautiful you know that right?" and then she was like "yes...all the cleo models wear makeup" :annoyed_h4h:

the best is yet to come, after a while it goes something like "your fat" I said yes and she was like "you need to eat vegetables" and I said i do, and she was like "no cos your fat, Im not fat" and I pointed out she was a lot younger

she was like "but fat is not beautiful" and I said "people come in all sorts of shapes and sizes...see your really short"

she was like "the girls wearing clothes in cleo are all really skinny" and I said "but girls grow up" and she said "Im going to be this size all my life"

theres a lot more to this convo but I soon realised it wasnt worth the conversation with this kid as she had been taught into the prejudist of her mother!:wags_finger:

but seriously ok first of all who tells their 5yo that they have to wear makeup and higheals to look beutiful... second WHO LETS THEIR 5yo read cleo? ok so she probably cant read it but you know what I mean!

[/Rant]

I totally understand. Some people's parenting skills really need to be slapped...

It's like all the little kids you see at primary schools with their mobile phones! It just doesn't seem night...

[/Rant]

I've been in heels, adult-esque clothes and make up since I was around 3. My mother put me in modeling when I was 5 because she needed a bit of extra money and I acted like that girl for a while but I was really unhappy because, well we know that chilldren have puppy fat, I knew I was fat (though I had a fair bit of bone exposure in my torso and wrists) and I always tried to stop eating so I could get skinny. Body image was so important to me and I read my mother's magazines because she left them around and that's how I knew about magazines and how they were obsessed with weightloss (woman's weekly and the likes).

My mother seems to WANT to make me feel bad about my body. She goes through magazines and looks at skinny girls and goes on about how fat they are and they're usually skinnier than me.

I have exposure on my chest of my first few rib bones and my wrists are boney and my waste is getting smaller. But she continues. I hate how she goes on about how fat she is and she's the same size as me but she tells me off for saying that because apparently I'm "Just right" but for someone who wants to be in the job I want to, it's really not good for me to be the size I am, let alone feel bad about being too big!

That's not a sap story, know that I'm not a victim but I'm saying that some parents can be idiots and not realise how serious kids can be. Many people believe that it's "Cute" when they act all sad about being fat or ugly but I think we all know they're as real as the low self esteem we feel later on in life.

I think this world is going into ruins with parents like that. It was once the media but now I think it's just the average people who make it worse. People don't want to feel they're ok as they are because then they have to admit that they're not a victim of themselves.

Rosina could the kids mum hear all that? OMG imagine what she is going to be like when she is 16, and god forbid she get bad acne or something!

I had my dentist appointment, two fillings, one more that needs doing, but no crown thank goodness.

I was numb from my neck to my forehead most of the day, but still when she did her drilling I had pain twinges :shocked: and now that I am no longer numb, the tooth is still aching *cries*

i know how you feel im in my last years of high school (year 11) year seven was really hard for me i had no friends and when i made some they kicked me out of the group and they said "we have all was hated you you follow us around all the time" i didnt mean to though it was just because i didnt have friends bafor

but then i found a better group and im still friends with them now

then i found mika and im happer now with my self i still get down about things but every thing is fine now:thumb_yello:

I pretty much saw that emo was the COOL thing and tried to fit it. I failed but then I found out that they wouldn't hire a blind girl to handle lions and snakes and that was when I'd just discovered Mika and was saved by the thought that I should be a singer instead. Blind people can do that. Anyone can do it if they're any good

i know whats that like as well i came to high school and wanted to fit in so i tryed emo witch didnt work for me coz i didnt feel comfortabel with it. so when i heard mika he saved me i was really sad with my life i evan thought of suicied but thanks to mika im alive and well and happy with who i am

you were great as a big girl also so lucky i really wanted to be one but im a size 10 and thought if i go and ask mika will hate me because some one said to me im not big enough

mabey i could be a lollie pop girl:wub2:

i saw you as a big girl dancing on stage you were awsome its good to know that big girls think that they are beautiful

my family call me fat but i like my self the way i am :thumb_yello:

Mika didn't realise how he was different and he said he was cowardly. Weather that be true or not, I wanted to learn from Mika's mistakes and it helped me a lot.

It is a cool cover! You should read it. It's the most amazing, interesting book but some of the stories are so heartbreaking!

Aaaw that bit in bold really got me! :tears: I'm glad you're happier about your body, I'm still dealing with mine but I'm getting there :wink2:

Thanks for putting your bit in there, it's much thanked :huglove:

No probs... I thought I better contribute considering we usually talk crap in here...

And I'm glad you're feeling better about your body... I was told by a doctor that I had to lose some weight, but only because I have high cholesterol...

[/Rant]

You and Maria fitted it best.. it really looked great on you!

Little girls wearing heels and such I don't have a problem with (cause lets face it, a lot of girls wanna wear heels when they're that age!), I do have a problem with a 5 year old talking about Cleo and thinking that thin is best.

I bet that little girl is going to grow up thinking she's fat and will probably end up being anorexic... Then the mother will be thinking "What did I do wrong?"

My mother seems to WANT to make me feel bad about my body. She goes through magazines and looks at skinny girls and goes on about how fat they are and they're usually skinnier than me.

I have exposure on my chest of my first few rib bones and my wrists are boney and my waste is getting smaller. But she continues. I hate how she goes on about how fat she is and she's the same size as me but she tells me off for saying that because apparently I'm "Just right" but for someone who wants to be in the job I want to, it's really not good for me to be the size I am, let alone feel bad about being too big!

That's not a sap story, know that I'm not a victim but I'm saying that some parents can be idiots and not realise how serious kids can be. Many people believe that it's "Cute" when they act all sad about being fat or ugly but I think we all know they're as real as the low self esteem we feel later on in life.

I think this world is going into ruins with parents like that. It was once the media but now I think it's just the average people who make it worse. People don't want to feel they're ok as they are because then they have to admit that they're not a victim of themselves.

Oooooh... wow...

I agree with the bold bit...

I had my dentist appointment, two fillings, one more that needs doing, but no crown thank goodness.

I was numb from my neck to my forehead most of the day, but still when she did her drilling I had pain twinges :shocked: and now that I am no longer numb, the tooth is still aching *cries*

*pats*

DO you want the panadeine forte and ibuprofen that i have here but can't take?

i know whats that like as well i came to high school and wanted to fit in so i tryed emo witch didnt work for me coz i didnt feel comfortabel with it. so when i heard mika he saved me i was really sad with my life i evan thought of suicied but thanks to mika im alive and well and happy with who i am

you were great as a big girl also so lucky i really wanted to be one but im a size 10 and thought if i go and ask mika will hate me because some one said to me im not big enough

mabey i could be a lollie pop girl:wub2:

my family call me fat but i like my self the way i am :thumb_yello:

I know what it's like wanting to fit in... I was always the new girl, and at one school was often left out of get togethers which sucked... then again, there were only about 8 girls in the year when that was mostly happening...

And that's terrible! I'm glad you didn't go through with it :huglove:

Thanks! I almost missed out of being a big girl... Mrs Penniman told me I might be too small in the bust for the corsets... luckily for me I was big enough!

Ooooh... I desperately wanted to be a lollipop girl after the concert in 2007. I thought Mika owed it to me cause I got hit in the nose with a lollipop and the cut I got on my nose started bleeding... :naughty:

It's good to know that you like the way you are... never let anyone tell you you're not the perfect figure!

Oooooh converting people to Mika is awesome :P

I converted my dad enough for him to want to go to one of Meeks' next gigs, and he also bought LICM Live DVD :)

My most funniest conversion would have to be my mates partner, who is as aussie as you can get............his favourite song he says is Lollipop LMAO

Well done on converting your dad the more the merrier .. If my dad was alive he would've liked Mika :wub2:

Australia day is coming up. Any exciting plans anyone?

Probably hanging out at my Mum's with the pool at short distance ..

Outstanding!

Richard Hammond is cute... :fangurl:

was it Grace Kelly or Grace Kwelly? :teehee:

Grace Kelly ... kinda screwy when I sang but I wasnt that far gone yet ... :naughty:

teehhee

i would have ran away and hid

did you sing it :das:

Yes I did

I was always taught by my grandma that People came in different shapes and sizes! I was always chubby until I went through puberty and grew curves. I went through it alone and still never felt bad about myself till I started highschool,

actually I didnt even understand how ANYONE could feel bad about their bodies till highschool!

all I keep thinking is...what ever happened to that?

teaching your kids that people come in different shapes and sizes?

Archived