The Australian Thread: Party Twenty Two

nico_collard

just me or does everyone go offline when I arrive?

Yeah, we're avoiding you, just like my 'friends' are avoiding me...:mf_rosetinted:

Nah, it's dinner time in the majority of aussie, so that's probably where everyone is. =]

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, we're avoiding you, just like my 'friends' are avoiding me...:mf_rosetinted:

Nah, it's dinner time in the majority of aussie, so that's probably where everyone is. =]

Or the beach.

No ignoring Rosi - I'm only ever in and out of here. I check in then leave here

Hey Peeps .. it's my Dad's birthday and because he died a few years ago wasnt in a real good mood to do much but anyways back to normal :thumb_yello:

I had a passport but it is long expired.

I think I will just wait till Mika comes to Australia.

My dilemma, if he comes to Sydney and ACT, which one would I go to? :shocked:

I'd do both but Sydney is calling my name more :naughty:

Hi everyone :bye:

How's it going? Just thought I'd drop you a line to say hi.

I've actually been abandoned by my mother for the week because her boyfriend said "Come to Auckland for the week" yesterday so she booked tickets for today but my Granddad goes to work every day and my mother and her boyfriend get back on Friday.

BUT because of that, my mother and her friend Jess took pity on me so I asked my mother to see if she could find any Mika singles or the TBWKTM delux edition (which BTW was promised to me for Christmas!) and she said she would.

Her friend Jess brought me over Phantom of the Opera, Interview with the Vampire, Courpse Bride, Van Helsing, Cold Mountain, the Golden Compass and Cats all on DVD and she's going to stay the night with me (as Granddad goes into hospital tomorrow morning) tomorrow night so I'm not by myself and the next day I'm going with her and her little nephew to see "Avatar"

So it really COULD be worse :roftl:

Hope your Grandad gets better :wub2: + Avatar in 3D is excellent

Both of course!! You could stay at my house if he came to ACT, and then we could both go to Sydney and hang out in a hostel. Or a hotel actually, something that was a bit less feral.

And then, naturally, we could follow Mika around the country to Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth, because we would have accomodation in all those places (my inlaws in Bris, my parents in Perth and friends in Melb), and our husbands wouldn't mind taking time off work and looking after the kids and the money for airfares/travel/food/gigs etc wouldn't be a problem cos we'd win lotto and split the money and.... Woah, hang on. Was I just dreaming then?

But you should def come to ACT. It's only an hour away, and you really could stay at my place and Mouselle and Jericho and Annie are here and we could have a little mini reunion!!

BTW, Teegs, I just checked the front page and did you know that neither Annie nor Jericho is on the Mikamite list?

and they wernt even part of MFC we need to stop people from stealling our spots that we waited a long time for

I reckon!!!! We waited in line for HOW long, and these people who rockl up an hour before it starts, push in front?!?!?! So not on!!!

I hope it wasnt me who was pushing infront of you...i was being pushed forward by people behind me and I was stuck behind some 6ft tall dude! and then I spotted fellow MFCERS and I wasnt lost in the crowd anymore...life was complete!

Yeah dont worry, it wasnt you........i dont even remember seeing these people in line, then all of a sudden out of nowhere, they start slowly edging their way in front! I tried hard to push back, but far out they meant business!!!

hii wow you sound happy :biggrin2:

i saw avitar its the best make sure you see it in 3D its really cool in 3D:wink2:

I saw it in 2d.........FRIKKIN AWESOME!!! loved it so much! I wish they had it in 3d in my ****ty town, but apparently not!!! grrrrrr

Hmmm..........GO TO BOTH :P :P

But if you can only afford one......i'd say maybe sydney, cos im guessing more MFC-ers would be more likely to be there than at the ACT. Im hopeing theres gunna be one in Brisbane.......ive got 5 family members who wanna go to that one!!!! He is very much liked in my family lolol

I'm going to as many as i can possibly afford............though i found out today at work that im gunna be the only nurse in a few weeks, so holidays from now on are gunna be so hard to get now theres no-one to take over when im away........MEEEKS HAS to announce soon! He HAS TOOOO!!!!

Hmmm..........GO TO BOTH :P :P

But if you can only afford one......i'd say maybe sydney, cos im guessing more MFC-ers would be more likely to be there than at the ACT. Im hopeing theres gunna be one in Brisbane.......ive got 5 family members who wanna go to that one!!!! He is very much liked in my family lolol

I'm going to as many as i can possibly afford............though i found out today at work that im gunna be the only nurse in a few weeks, so holidays from now on are gunna be so hard to get now theres no-one to take over when im away........MEEEKS HAS to announce soon! He HAS TOOOO!!!!

What do you mean the only nurse? Where do you work?

You know what? I hardly watched Martin while I was on stage... I was too busy watching Jimmy and Mika.. and the crowd of course!

I was the same, my eyes hardly left Mika the whole time :P

I didnt even get many photos (most of which turned out **** :sneaky2: ) cos i just wanted to watch him lolol :P

And then, naturally, we could follow Mika around the country to Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth, because we would have accomodation in all those places (my inlaws in Bris, my parents in Perth and friends in Melb), and our husbands wouldn't mind taking time off work and looking after the kids and the money for airfares/travel/food/gigs etc wouldn't be a problem cos we'd win lotto and split the money and.... Woah, hang on. Was I just dreaming then?

I'm lucky i dont have to worry about kids or nagging hubbies!!!

yer i know dont worry

i wish i wasnt so shy to talk to all you guys i saw you all in a big group and got kind of scaerd

but next time ill come and face my fears and say hi

:shocked: i didnt know you were the rep for new zealand that so cool:wub2:

Yeah i was shy too! And kinda embarassed at my outfit LMAO Which might i add, i couldnt sit on the ground in cos the fabric would have come undone off my jeans (Bloody dodgey glue!!) By the end of the night, mum and i were so stuffed, we never ended up going out for drinkies........went back to the hotel and i was out like a light!!

But this year im gunna be more social and make sure i introduce myself properly to everyone too :thumb_yello:

Imagine if Mika decided to skip Australia and go straight to NZ, we could all fly over and sleep on Rosina's couch. (hopefully she will clean the buttery cat footprints off first)

I wouldnt mind too much. Ive always wanted to go to New Zealand!!! :P

Here is the apron I made for Mum. It sort of doesn't sit right so I am hoping to convince her to let me make a different style top for it, she insisted on a heart shape...

Karaoke was fun, the hostel was pretty scary though.

Cute apron!!! Musta taken a while to make! :thumb_yello:

My hotel wasnt too bad. They were nice and let us in the room at midday instead of the usual 2pm. PLus it wasnt too far from the theatre.

Thought I'd mention that it's going to be 43 degrees here tomorrow. Far too hot, even for beaching. I think I might run away to the movies or the library or hang out in a shopping centre - somewhere with air con, until its cool enough to hit the beach :naughty:

****E.......ive never experienced 43 degrees before, i so couldnt handle that!!!

And I am so exhausted from the weekend! A goat licked my knee for about five minutes then got bored and went to lick my friends knee for another 5mins. :teehee: Oh, and I was trotting along on this horse but then the alpaca got out and aparently the horse and the alpaca hate each other so the alpaca chased us which was fun but kinda freaky. :aah:

So, a good weekend all together. It was one of those really nice kinda bushy places which is great for chilling out. We spent a majority of the time in the river. It had some great rapids! Going down was fun, but it took us a while to get up them. I got a heap of scratches but it wasn't that bad. Oh, and we made some marshmallows explode in the bonfire! :roftl: Which doesn't seem that entertaining, but it is if you've just shared round 4litres of soft drink. :naughty:

Anyway, anything I've missed here?

Sounds like an awesome weekend :thumb_yello:

I'm lucky i dont have to worry about kids or nagging hubbies!!!

Yeah i was shy too! And kinda embarassed at my outfit LMAO Which might i add, i couldnt sit on the ground in cos the fabric would have come undone off my jeans (Bloody dodgey glue!!) By the end of the night, mum and i were so stuffed, we never ended up going out for drinkies........went back to the hotel and i was out like a light!!

But this year im gunna be more social and make sure i introduce myself properly to everyone too :thumb_yello:

I wouldnt mind too much. Ive always wanted to go to New Zealand!!! :P

****E.......ive never experienced 43 degrees before, i so couldnt handle that!!!

I only have nagging PARENTS to worry about! my father called me 17 times during karaoki and then again at 3am! (in his defence it was 6am back home)

I could have died when I stepped off an air conditioned plane and got hit with a wall of 42degree heat! until then I hadnt experienced anything over 29!

I got used to the heat thought...just in time to leave!

costumes? you aught to have seen mine (apart from the big girl costume!)

if you saw the chick with the MJ glove...that was me! :naughty:

I had a pink hat which wouldnt stay on my head on a count of the wind,

jericho and I had a bet that I could'nt keep my pink sparkle hat on for longer than 10minuites in the wind...40minuites was my record! :sneaky2:

Dont even get me started on how much your money makes no sense to me backward ausies! I mean who ever thought it was a good idea to make a $2 coin smaller than the $1

EDIT: I wish it would stop raining! seriously I have to walk home in the rain and i already feel like crap! then walk to the bus stop wait in the rain for the stupid bus to come take me into town so I can go to the dr (and get new shoes from orthotics...stupid feet)

can I just say how dangerous jandels are (im sorry...I mean Flipflops...erm thongs?)

Only 17 times Rosina, hmmm I think my DH called about that many times as well (but during the meet and greet and after)

You have to wonder if they are genuinely concerned for you, or just don't trust you and want to spoil your fun.

If you are reading this DH, I make no apologies.

Only 17 times Rosina, hmmm I think my DH called about that many times as well (but during the meet and greet and after)

You have to wonder if they are genuinely concerned for you, or just don't trust you and want to spoil your fun.

If you are reading this DH, I make no apologies.

maybe its a parent thing seeing as it was my first trip overseas...but I dont know...Its no wounder I ran out of credit! it cost me $1 to recieve a call from him each time! (global roaming)

Odly enough when we were having breakfast the morning of the gig he called 4 times to make sure I knew not to get into cars or except stuff from people...IM 21! shouldnt I know this already! :blink:

he was calling and texting while I was inline then I turned my phone off...turned it on backstage and there were 5 calls. I text back and said "shutup cant talk back stage, gonna be onstage"

to which he just replied "OK, have fun"

he didnt reply after that...until the next morning that is!

WTF?!?!

its a good thing you can text from the payphones at hornsby or I would have been screwed! :thumb_yello:

I only have nagging PARENTS to worry about! my father called me 17 times during karaoki and then again at 3am! (in his defence it was 6am back home)

Haha, my parents were fine with me being on my own, it was my Auntie who was constantly calling, texting and worrying!

At home- "Have you left yet? You should leave now."

Walking to train station- "Are you walking? Be careful, you'll need to walk past a pub."

At the train station- "Have you bought your ticket? make sure you're on the right platform. Don't talk to strangers"

As the train arrived- "The train should be here now. Be careful of the gap!"

On the train- "You should have some lunch now. Don't forget the fruit I packed you"

Nearly at central- "Time to pack up lunch, you're nearly there"

At central- "Time to get off! Don't talk to strangers!"

In the taxi- "have you met your friends yet?"

At the theatre- "Stay out of the sun! and stick with your friends, newtown is dodgy..."

Around 5pm- "Don't let people push you inside!"

6pm- Don't forget to go to the toilet before you go inside!"

I think I turned my phone off in the end... (and then accidentally put it in the cloak room...:teehee:)

In comparison, I texted my parents once. They didn't reply. lol

I had the reoccuring dream ive had since I was a kid of a house with white walls but there are revolving compartments in the wall to put photos and furnature and stuff so when your family comes to visit you turn them arround and its as if theyve been there all along! :blink:...Im a freak!

Hehe *gets idea for my first house*

Hi everyone :bye:

How's it going? Just thought I'd drop you a line to say hi.

I've actually been abandoned by my mother for the week because her boyfriend said "Come to Auckland for the week" yesterday so she booked tickets for today but my Granddad goes to work every day and my mother and her boyfriend get back on Friday.

BUT because of that, my mother and her friend Jess took pity on me so I asked my mother to see if she could find any Mika singles or the TBWKTM delux edition (which BTW was promised to me for Christmas!) and she said she would.

Her friend Jess brought me over Phantom of the Opera, Interview with the Vampire, Courpse Bride, Van Helsing, Cold Mountain, the Golden Compass and Cats all on DVD and she's going to stay the night with me (as Granddad goes into hospital tomorrow morning) tomorrow night so I'm not by myself and the next day I'm going with her and her little nephew to see "Avatar"

So it really COULD be worse :roftl:

I LOVED Avatar! Me and one of my semi Mika-obsessed budddies are going to scour all the music shops on Thurs- there are a few holes in my collection.:boxed:

im not sure if i would be abel to go the night befor the gig if its on a friday or saturday then mabey

ill have to see when he is comeing and ill be olny going to the sydney gig

because i have school on

hopefuly it will be in the july school holidays:wub2:

I'm with you! *grumbles about school*

Dont even get me started on how much your money makes no sense to me backward ausies! I mean who ever thought it was a good idea to make a $2 coin smaller than the $1

Wow! I never thought of that but it does seem pretty dumb... :teehee:

What are everyone's opinions on Twilight? I don't mind it. It's a good plotline, but I'm not completely obsessed with it.

Haha, my parents were fine with me being on my own, it was my Auntie who was constantly calling, texting and worrying!

Walking to train station- "Are you walking? Be careful, you'll need to walk past a pub."

At the train station- "Have you bought your ticket? make sure you're on the right platform. Don't talk to strangers"

On the train- "You should have some lunch now. Don't forget the fruit I packed you"

At the theatre- "Stay out of the sun! and stick with your friends, newtown is dodgy..."

I think I turned my phone off in the end... (and then accidentally put it in the cloak room...:teehee:)

roflmao :roftl:

my dad was like

"where are you now?"

"do you have cash on you"

"who are you with"

"have you got to sydney yet?"

"are you at the hostel yet?"

3am(call): "try travelex card in money machine!"

4am: "howd you go, did it work?"

5am: "what do you mean you still havent tried yet?"

Lots more nagging about whether ive checked if it worked yet blah blah blah

*breakfast*

then a prosession of 5 calls about

"keep your valuables close"

"look after your stuff"

"dont trust anyone"

"dont talk to strangers"

"dont get in a car with anyone"

"dont accept anything from anyone. if someone offers you something dont take it!"

"if you get into trouble take a taxi and tell them aunti will pay, whatever the price"

"dont trust ANYONE"

"buy your own drinks"

"dont walk by yourself"

"dont walk with strangers"

I keet going "yes dad...I learnt most of this when I was 5!"

In line he was like "are you in line"

"who are you with"

"have you met up with people you know"

"is your card working yet?"

"do you have cash"

"remember if you get into trouble call a taxi"

*turned phone off*

Backstage I turn it on 3 missed calls and I text him going "im backstage"

and it was like "thats nice dear!" :boxed:

I bagsed one couch cushion ages ago... and I'll have to make a visit to Khayla too! :das:

Imagine the Aussie migration to NZ if he did... it would be awesome! *is glad she has a passport*

Actually, you should all come stay at my house - I have two spare bedrooms, am closer to Auckland then Rosina and Khayla, live 5 minutes from Waitomo and am best friends with the guy who owns the Waitomo motel's daughter and could get you all huge discounts :lmao:

(for those who haven't heard of Waitomo.. its a HUGE tourist attraction..)

*has short fight with self over wether to post photos i took the other day..*

*loses*

BBE67008-E446-4028-BBBC-8FCE46BC1A7.jpg

BB3835C7-36E6-4F7C-9F29-3DCFC53FD21.jpg

a174_glow1.jpg

72C214F3-35BB-4BE5-9D1C-343722F0E0D.jpg (outside the caves)

waitomocaves.jpg

OK so i obviously didnt take this one.. but its what the glowworms actually look like,.. its not photoshopped.

*starts dreaming about MFCers staying at my house*

I don't actually have a passport. Maybe I need to investigate getting one. Hubby and I were just talking last night about the fact that we want to see NZ.

:boing: you have to come to waitomo!!

:lmfao: i remember that :roftl: my dad wasnt bothered..

were all going to Charlies house then! at mine youll all have to share a couch! :roftl:

Actually, you should all come stay at my house - I have two spare bedrooms, am closer to Auckland then Rosina and Khayla, live 5 minutes from Waitomo and am best friends with the guy who owns the Waitomo motel's daughter and could get you all huge discounts :lmao:

*loses*

a174_glow1.jpg

waitomocaves.jpg

OK so i obviously didnt take this one.. but its what the glowworms actually look like,.. its not photoshopped.

on the unlikely chance he comes to wellington we can crash khaylahs place!

visit a few other kiwi fans on the way...and of course stop off at my place for the best kabab place EVER!

(ok so maybe im bias since the guy has been there almost as many years as ive lived and I pretty much grew up on the things)

My friends got Defying Gravity stuck in my head! is EVERYONE obsessed with glee?:blink:

I work for a home and commnity care mob where you go out to their homes and help them so they dont have to go to a nursing home just yet.

Well that sucks. Are there no more nurses in town?? What about agency nurses?

Hehe *gets idea for my first house*

I LOVED Avatar! Me and one of my semi Mika-obsessed budddies are going to scour all the music shops on Thurs- there are a few holes in my collection.:boxed:

I'm with you! *grumbles about school*

Wow! I never thought of that but it does seem pretty dumb... :teehee:

What are everyone's opinions on Twilight? I don't mind it. It's a good plotline, but I'm not completely obsessed with it.

DS13 and hubby saw Avatar last week and thought it was pretty good. They saw it in 3D.

Oh and Twilight?? I'm obsessed. It took me a while to even find out what it was, but I fell hard and quick.

were all going to Charlies house then! at mine youll all have to share a couch! :roftl:

on the unlikely chance he comes to wellington we can crash khaylahs place!

visit a few other kiwi fans on the way...and of course stop off at my place for the best kabab place EVER!

(ok so maybe im bias since the guy has been there almost as many years as ive lived and I pretty much grew up on the things)

My friends got Defying Gravity stuck in my head! is EVERYONE obsessed with glee?:blink:

NO! I heard that song for the first time yesterday. I think I'll pass.

Oh and Charlie, I ooh'ed and aah'ed over your pics and my kids came rushing over to see what was up and DS13 said he is jealous of you.

hey everyone hows it going?

just got home from driving mum around im going for my Ps soon and it so hot here right now:sneaky2:

All the best with your driving practice. I can't believe it's only gonna be a couple of years before my son is learning to drive:blink:

*loses*

a174_glow1.jpg

waitomocaves.jpg

Might have to go there if I ever take a vacation to NZ :thumb_yello:

hey everyone hows it going?

just got home from driving mum around im going for my Ps soon and it so hot here right now:sneaky2:

It's hot ... damn hot...

All the best with your driving practice. I can't believe it's only gonna be a couple of years before my son is learning to drive:blink:

aww thanks i need all the luck i can get

its going to be a hard test:naughty:

Archived