The Australian Thread: Party Twenty Two

nico_collard

I think it was her...

I'm sure I will....

Ooooh, I want the gold sparkly top hat! I think I'll get a top made that says "I was a Big Girl at the Enmore and all I got was this lousy T Shirt!"

I don't listen to the radio much at all... I do occasionally hear Rain and WAG at work... I've heard BIOTG once as well. Funnily enough, it was before the gig!

Sweeet you sooo should make that top :P:thumb_yello:

Australia day is coming up. Any exciting plans anyone?

Hmmmm sleeping in cos i get that day off yayeh :P

The weekend before goin to a mates aussie day party :thumb_yello:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OH! I've always wondered what a crooner was!

JAMES MORRISON IS NOT A CROONER! :furious:

Agreed - James Morrison is not a crooner.

:blink:

Dean Martin/Perry Como/Andy Williams - all crooners (ask your mum. Or Gran)

I'm sure there are lots of modern day crooners but I would never listen to them so can't give you examples, except for the aforementioned Mr Buble.

Sad thing is, I'm a Martin fan so I really should've watched him over the bass player... but then again, I do love the bass player! :wub2:

we all love that bass player! I was standing right behind martin the whole time! he even looked back a couple of times! :wub2:

(are you sure you wont share him?)

Ooooh, I want the gold sparkly top hat! I think I'll get a top made that says "I was a Big Girl at the Enmore and all I got was this lousy T Shirt!"

I don't listen to the radio much at all... I do occasionally hear Rain and WAG at work... I've heard BIOTG once as well. Funnily enough, it was before the gig!

haha @ tshirt thing!

I still have to pinch myself to believe it really happened, and when I tell my friends they dont believe me cos im shy IRL!

my first time overseas, and first time onstage was at that mika gig!!

im no longer a mika virgin :naughty:

and im caught by the bug of both!

And I still have not met him! but good things come to those who wait right?

I really wish rain or even WAG were played on the radio over hear! it was played when it first came out once or twice...but that was it!

Okay well I was a bit of an outsider to the whole twilight thing. I bit the bullet and bought 'new moon' while Rosina and Chickadee and I were having breakfast in Sydney, just before we all headed home. (last November after the concert)

I gave it to DD13 to read first and she finally finished it and gave it to me to read on Sunday night. I finished it by Tuesday arvo and she and I went to the cinema to see the movie today (lucky because it was the last screening!)

You are right Chickadee, I need to read the first book (and I bought it today) they left so much out and half of what they did put in the movie was completely changed.

So, you all should be proud of me, its the first novel I have read in about 10 years *embarrassed face* but there will be no stopping me now, it wasn't nearly as much hard work as I thought it would be.

Oh and twilight, I am not obsessed, I am keen to read the other books though.

I am like Bella being totally in Edwards grip, but for me its Mika. And twilight, like Jacob, can't dent that.

I remember when you got that book!

funny thing...I forgot about my bagel in my bag and realised at the airport right before customs on my way out of the country! :roftl:

I dont get the whole twilight thing! I havent read the books or seen the movies! all my friends keep saying how cool it is and how I should go see it...:naughty:

I tried faming the big girl picture cos my aunty wanted a copy! Frame fail! it chopped off the top tegans head cos im short! *needs to buy new frame!*

Oops, sorry! Forgot to quote you. Good luck with your P's! I got mine a couple of month ago and I was so nervous. The trick is to not let the nerves get to you and drive as you normally would (and don't leave the handbrake on a tiny bit until the testing officer tells you to take it off, like I did. Luckily, I think he was a bit lenient with me! :naughty:). I'll be sending positive vibes your way. :thumb_yello:

What day is the test?

aww thanks its on the 20th of febuary

:wink2:

SD, you seem to have fallen off the front of my quote. But yes, I much prefer that version of the song. That actually makes it sound like an excellent song. The glee version was just so wrong. Thankyou for the other link.

I figured you guys are the best people to ask.. when I was in Sydney, there was a Micheal Buble song playing EVERYWHERE.. but i can't remember how it goes or seem to find it :huh: can any of you enlighten me?

In one of those weird cosmic coincidences, just as I read this, my iriver started playing "Home" by Michael Buble. *insert spooky music here*

I didn't have one till I got one with the intention of using it to get to the NYC gig last year...

In the unlikely event that he does Canberra and Sydney, I'd say ACT... fewer people and it's closer to home... I guess Canberra is closeish to home for me, and I may still have a cousin living there! Otherwise I'm crashing on CD's couch!

And we're getting close to the magic number! :das:

I have been to a Twilight get together with two of the stars though...

But good thing is I do a driving test in Feb and can get it back then! :boing:

Wow, you really got quite far along in the process didn't you?

Um, my couch isn't very long. At all. But I can do you a nice blow up mattress.

What's the magic number? 100?

Yeah, yeah, brag about it why don't you?:sneaky2:

All the best with the test in Feb.

He's what used to be called a crooner - pleasant enough to listen to, but not singing with any real passion

Depends on the song with Michael I reckon. But it is a style of singing type thing.

LOL @ one night stand :P Was it Chikadee that said something about she hopes the one-night-stand turns into a series of liasons?!?! LMAO it went something like that anyways lol

Ive been hearing WAG lately on radio, but no Rain :(

Come to think of it, i havent heard rain on radio at all yet! Whats the go there?!?!

Yep, that was me.

Well, I think I posted a week or so ago that I'd heard Rain in Target. And yesterday I heard WAG in K-mart. Oh and I forgot to post that I heard Happy Ending in Woolies last week, and it was as I was being served at the deli counter, and the girl asked me about my day and I said it was great cos Mika was playing and then I said something about how I saw him in November and this song was one of the highlights of the gig for me, and she said her Mum is a Mika fan but missed the gig, cos she didn't know he was coming till he'd already been and I said she needed to join the MFC cos we were up to date with all the news. Go me and my continued promotion of the MFC!! :naughty:

I think it was her...

Yep, right you are.

:roftl: Love the t-shirt idea.

Australia day is coming up. Any exciting plans anyone?

No, but you've just made me start thinking....

OMG I am 36 and my husband is way more obsessed over me than my parents ever were when I was a teenager. I will not even begin to try and remember and list all the calls I got, where and why. (did that really happen or was it just a nightmare)

Okay well I was a bit of an outsider to the whole twilight thing. I bit the bullet and bought 'new moon' while Rosina and Chickadee and I were having breakfast in Sydney, just before we all headed home. (last November after the concert)

I gave it to DD13 to read first and she finally finished it and gave it to me to read on Sunday night. I finished it by Tuesday arvo and she and I went to the cinema to see the movie today (lucky because it was the last screening!)

You are right Chickadee, I need to read the first book (and I bought it today) they left so much out and half of what they did put in the movie was completely changed.

So, you all should be proud of me, its the first novel I have read in about 10 years *embarrassed face* but there will be no stopping me now, it wasn't nearly as much hard work as I thought it would be.

Oh and twilight, I am not obsessed, I am keen to read the other books though.

I am like Bella being totally in Edwards grip, but for me its Mika. And twilight, like Jacob, can't dent that.

Um, yeah, there were a lot of calls. I was there for some of them, you didn't dream it.

Whilst I am ever so pleased that you have finally joined us on this Twilight voyage and proud of you that you've read a novel, I'm just gonna chuck a tanty right now and say "You lucky bitch!!" I still haven't seen New Moon yet!

In other Twilight news, I finally bought the two disc DVD of Twilight yesterday with Christmas money from my Nan. It was exactly how much she'd given me. Obviously it was meant to be:wub2:

And naturally I watched it last night. But there's a whole other story there, which I'll keep for another time.

I'm sure there are lots of modern day crooners but I would never listen to them so can't give you examples, except for the aforementioned Mr Buble.

What about Harry Connick Jnr, about 10 years earlier? Not all of his songs were like that, but quite a few were in that style.

What about Harry Connick Jnr, about 10 years earlier? Not all of his songs were like that, but quite a few were in that style.

Oh yes -- forgot him. But it's not my style of music so I'm no expert :naughty:

Well, I think I posted a week or so ago that I'd heard Rain in Target. And yesterday I heard WAG in K-mart. Oh and I forgot to post that I heard Happy Ending in Woolies last week, and it was as I was being served at the deli counter, and the girl asked me about my day and I said it was great cos Mika was playing and then I said something about how I saw him in November and this song was one of the highlights of the gig for me, and she said her Mum is a Mika fan but missed the gig, cos she didn't know he was coming till he'd already been and I said she needed to join the MFC cos we were up to date with all the news. Go me and my continued promotion of the MFC!! :naughty:

are you serious? I get excited in the old time music station plays love today or grace kelly!

are you serious? I get excited in the old time music station plays love today or grace kelly!

me too i get so happy when ever i hear a mika song on the radio

once i was at the toilet:teehee: in a shoping center and i heard grace kelly i was soo happy

and at a clothes shop and head WAG

:wink2: it was so nice to hear him on the radio :wub2:

Thanks. I heard a lot of people say that James Morrison was a crooner so I set out to know what it meant but it was weird but no explanation really provided much consistancy besides that a crooner was usually a male singing soul music.

But I don't think it has to be soul music now because MB doesn't sing soul, he's more cabaret, big band style.

Haha my aunty works in radio and she worked in the same place in Australia as Michael Buble's interview for one morning and she posted on twitter that she wanted to go oggle him but couldn't because she could see how sad it looked with all the people just staring through the glass :roftl:

Thanks. I heard a lot of people say that James Morrison was a crooner so I set out to know what it meant but it was weird but no explanation really provided much consistancy besides that a crooner was usually a male singing soul music.

But I don't think it has to be soul music now because MB doesn't sing soul, he's more cabaret, big band style.

Haha my aunty works in radio and she worked in the same place in Australia as Michael Buble's interview for one morning and she posted on twitter that she wanted to go oggle him but couldn't because she could see how sad it looked with all the people just staring through the glass :roftl:

Michael is a crooner. My friends are making jokes on my facebook about me licking him :blink:

James Morrison is not. James Morrison is.. well.. :fangurl:

:lmao: that would look sad. But I would risk looking sad to go stare :naughty:

Michael is a crooner. My friends are making jokes on my facebook about me licking him :blink:

hehe i think we all secretly lick mika:das:

:naughty:

Why are they joking?

Are you a Bublegirl? Is it because you were in Auss when he was?

I love James Morrison too :fangurl:

I'd do it fir Mika. I'd do it for Michael out of curiosity. I'm not so keen on his singing but I love how he talks and he's really kind of cute when he's joking around in interviews! :wub2:

hehe i think we all secretly lick mika:das:

:naughty:

I don't lick Mika .,. I just do this at him; :fangurl:

Why are they joking?

Are you a Bublegirl? Is it because you were in Auss when he was?

I love James Morrison too :fangurl:

I'd do it fir Mika. I'd do it for Michael out of curiosity. I'm not so keen on his singing but I love how he talks and he's really kind of cute when he's joking around in interviews! :wub2:

Its a really long-winded joke thats a bit hard to get :naughty: it mostly stems from the fact the guy i like is totally into Buble.

James Morriiiisssoooooonnnnnn :fangurl:

I don't mind over-the-top fangurling all these male artists, but when it comes to Mika.. I guess I respect him too much and find it weird when people say things like that :boxed: (fully hypocritical, i know. :naughty:)

I don't lick Mika .,. I just do this at him; :fangurl:

Its a really long-winded joke thats a bit hard to get :naughty: it mostly stems from the fact the guy i like is totally into Buble.

James Morriiiisssoooooonnnnnn :fangurl:

I don't mind over-the-top fangurling all these male artists, but when it comes to Mika.. I guess I respect him too much and find it weird when people say things like that :boxed: (fully hypocritical, i know. :naughty:)

Oh right. Like my former best friend who had a major crush on this guy in my class who looked exactly like a younger version of her dad :roftl:

Aaaaah I wanted so badly to get tix to his show in 2007. I wish I still lived in Auckland!

What? You find it weird when people say stuff like licking Mika?

I find it really weird when people - Even who take the pUss out of me - say "Oh yeah, Mika's real hot ay?"

I've been known to put my hands over my face and say "NOOOOOOO!" all embarrassed because I don't look at him like that and people don't get that I can be so obsessed with him without feeling chickeny feelings for him!

Idiots.

Oh accept the time when I went without speakers for about a month and then I got speakers again and got all bothered when I heard Mika's voice *Fans self in memory* Poor Kelzy got the whole shabbang of my descriptive feelings via MSN :roftl:

But it passed :mf_rosetinted:

I remember when you got that book!

funny thing...I forgot about my bagel in my bag and realised at the airport right before customs on my way out of the country! :roftl:

PMSL cream cheese and all?

I forgot about the blueberry bagels, If Mc Donalds sold them I think that is all Chickadee would have eaten the whole trip.

DD and I are both reading eclipse (3rd Twilight bood) simultaneously, as soon as one of us puts it down the other picks it up (my bookmark is still in front of hers though)

I must admit, Bella pisses me off a bit, she was so whiney and self absorbed even before Edward left in New Moon, I am actually really tired of her at the moment, hopefully she will become a bit more interesting before the end of this book, do something that endears her to me so I feel the obsession the bloodsucker and the wolf have with her is actually warrented.

Oh right. Like my former best friend who had a major crush on this guy in my class who looked exactly like a younger version of her dad :roftl:

Aaaaah I wanted so badly to get tix to his show in 2007. I wish I still lived in Auckland!

I find it really weird when people - Even who take the pUss out of me - say "Oh yeah, Mika's real hot ay?"

I've been known to put my hands over my face and say "NOOOOOOO!" all embarrassed because I don't look at him like that and people don't get that I can be so obsessed with him without feeling chickeny feelings for him!

Idiots.

Oh accept the time when I went without speakers for about a month and then I got speakers again and got all bothered when I heard Mika's voice *Fans self in memory* Poor Kelzy got the whole shabbang of my descriptive feelings via MSN :roftl:

:lmfao: a younger version of her dad ?? scary.. :boxed:

I find all of that weird!! I even find it weird when my friends come over and sit on my bed facing my Mika wall and pick on the photos on there and make jokes about me lying in bed staring at Mika.. even though the main features of the wall are a huge TBWKTM art poster and a huge map of England.. :blink::biggrin2:

Poor Kelzy :roftl: I would have loved to read that. Then I could have embaressed you publicly later :das:

i kid, i kid, i never would *cough*

Idiots.

:roftl: people and family allways try to make me angry by saying why do you like mika:sneaky2:

it makes me so mad when they bag him out:sneaky2:

DD and I are both reading eclipse (3rd Twilight bood) simultaneously, as soon as one of us puts it down the other picks it up (my bookmark is still in front of hers though)

I must admit, Bella pisses me off a bit, she was so whiney and self absorbed even before Edward left in New Moon, I am actually really tired of her at the moment, hopefully she will become a bit more interesting before the end of this book, do something that endears her to me so I feel the obsession the bloodsucker and the wolf have with her is actually warrented.

Ugh. I feel the same about Bella. I read a article when they said Bella is like a empty shell.. deliberately written as such so many teenage girls can slip into her shoes in their imaginations :roftl:

And Edward is so possesive and creepy.. really .. *shudders*

Ugh. I feel the same about Bella. I read a article when they said Bella is like a empty shell.. deliberately written as such so many teenage girls can slip into her shoes in their imaginations :roftl:

And Edward is so possesive and creepy.. really .. *shudders*

i agree i really hate bella and edward

iv olny ever seen twilight and the movie turnd me off it for ever

As much as she pisses me off I still enjoy it though :teehee: its more that she annoys me than I hate her.

I don't mind the Edward side of to the point of disliking him either, he seems to be coming around a bit in this book. He is pretty cool lol.

I am going to roll my eyes at myself now as I join with the twilight fans and chant 'you need to read the books'

I am enjoying the twilight thing, but its not like I am about to start buying the T shirts.

I am now totally motivated and waiting for someone to recommend a GREAT book for me to read after these.

As much as she pisses me off I still enjoy it though :teehee: its more that she annoys me than I hate her.

I don't mind the Edward side of to the point of disliking him either, he seems to be coming around a bit in this book. He is pretty cool lol.

I am going to roll my eyes at myself now as I join with the twilight fans and chant 'you need to read the books'

I am enjoying the twilight thing, but its not like I am about to start buying the T shirts.

I am now totally motivated and waiting for someone to recommend a GREAT book for me to read after these.

Jessica. Bryce Courtenay.

Redeeming Love. Francine Rivers.

I think every girl has to read those two books. They both made me cry. They both have excellent storylines and are very well-written.

Jessica is based in Australia :naughty:

BTW; everytime i see your username now I get 'i touch myself' stuck in my head and remember you yelling MIKA!! it WAS you right? :roftl:

:lmfao : a younger version of her dad ?? scary.. : boxed:

I find all of that weird!! I even find it weird when my friends come over and sit on my bed facing my Mika wall and pick on the photos on there and make jokes about me lying in bed staring at Mika.. even though the main features of the wall are a huge TBWKTM art poster and a huge map of England.. : blink: : biggrin2:

Poor Kelzy : roftl: I would have loved to read that. Then I could have embaressed you publicly later : das:

i kid, i kid, i never would *cough*

I was doomed from the very moment I was concieved in Early September of 1993 :roftl:

I only have a picture of a white lion on my wall and I put that there because there was a hook stuck into the wall and it was the only think that fitted on that particular hook. I don't like posters on walls because they get all icky at the corners and the wall gets holes or marks from tac stuck on them. I keep posters in a drawr under my favourite clothes to keep them flat.

Hey, you should try do what they do on charmed with that crystal and they track people on maps!

You could track Mika as long as he was in England :roftl:

LOL nah, it basically consisted of one comment about my wanting to have chicken with hi voice :blush-anim-cl:

No. Of course you wouldn't :gun2::mf_rosetinted:

: roftl: people and family allways try to make me angry by saying why do you like mika: sneaky2:

it makes me so mad when they bag him out:sneaky2:

Oh UGH!

When people ask me WHY I like Mika so much I tell them I don't have to justify myself to them because they have no influence over me and my life so why should I feel the need to justify my fanship of my favourite singer.

"Why don't you give me one good reason you're such a nosy b"tch then and f"ck the hell off???"

I actually said that to the last girl who asked me. I told her I didn't have to justify myself to her and she really made me mad because she said "Ok, I don't like, know what that means but yeah, give me one good reason why you should like him so much?" like I was doing something wrong.

She hates me now :arf2:

Jessica. Bryce Courtenay.

Redeeming Love. Francine Rivers.

I think every girl has to read those two books. They both made me cry. They both have excellent storylines and are very well-written.

Jessica is based in Australia :naughty:

BTW; everytime i see your username now I get 'i touch myself' stuck in my head and remember you yelling MIKA!! it WAS you right? :roftl:

Yes it was me :blush-anim-cl:

Oh and I have written those books on a list :)

When people ask me WHY I like Mika so much I tell them I don't have to justify myself to them because they have no influence over me and my life so why should I feel the need to justify my fanship of my favourite singer.

"Why don't you give me one good reason you're such a nosy b"tch then and f"ck the hell off???"

I actually said that to the last girl who asked me. I told her I didn't have to justify myself to her and she really made me mad because she said "Ok, I don't like, know what that means but yeah, give me one good reason why you should like him so much?" like I was doing something wrong.

She hates me now :arf2:

Oh I don't mind at all when people ask me, if fact its the opposite, if they give me half a chance, I will just start telling them anyway, even if they don't want to know.

So they know not to ask me PMSL, I could answer it all day.

I go on and on about how talented he is, the things he has done and said, his lyrics, HIM! omg they see my face and realise I am a lost cause. Then I pull out my phone to play them some videos and music.

Then they either run a mile or are hooked as well. :naughty:

Yes it was me :blush-anim-cl:

Oh and I have written those books on a list :)

Oh I don't mind at all when people ask me, if fact its the opposite, if they give me half a chance, I will just start telling them anyway, even if they don't want to know.

So they know not to ask me PMSL, I could answer it all day.

I go on and on about how talented he is, the things he has done and said, his lyrics, HIM! omg they see my face and realise I am a lost cause. Then I pull out my phone to play them some videos and music.

Then they either run a mile or are hooked as well. :naughty:

Hahaha that's so brilliant!

But these are usually people who already have heard me talk about him and just want to try put me down.

I'm the kind of person to abuse the crap out of people for being mean to me. I think the best way to stop someone bullying is to get revenge, then they know not to bother you because it'll only be bad for them :das:

people and family allways try to make me angry by saying why do you like mika it makes me so mad when they bag him out:sneaky2:

My family do the same thing ... my younger brother even said once before I left for Sydney gig that "You liking Mika is worse than you liking KISS by a long shot!!" :furious:

I really wish rain or even WAG were played on the radio over hear! it was played when it first came out once or twice...but that was it!

They played Rain in Myer the other day and I embarrassed David by singing in the middle of Myer :roftl: (Myer is a department store which sells upper class stuff) You guys would've been proud of me.. :thumb_yello:

James Morrison was funny on Top Gear Australia (Yes I like Top Gear cuz Hammond is cute :fangurl::wub2:

Archived