CANCELLED - MIKA @ Olympia, Dublin, Ireland - 2nd Date

Christine

Huh?

Is that "Mana, no" as in "Mana, you're not going?!"

Or as in "noooo, Mana, don't cave! Resist the peer pressure!"

:roftl:

I WANT to go to these Irish gigs, but I'm already planning to go to the Scandinavian ones. And two transatlantic flights in a month would be far too decadent - if I did Ireland, I may as well go hang out in London for a month until the Scandinavian gigs, rather than flying home and then back again. :naughty:

Tempting. :teehee:

Now that would be decadent!:roftl:

I wish I could...if I could, I would!:naughty:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Huh?

Is that "Mana, no" as in "Mana, you're not going?!"

Or as in "noooo, Mana, don't cave! Resist the peer pressure!"

:roftl:

I WANT to go to these Irish gigs, but I'm already planning to go to the Scandinavian ones. And two transatlantic flights in a month would be far too decadent - if I did Ireland, I may as well go hang out in London for a month until the Scandinavian gigs, rather than flying home and then back again. :naughty:

Tempting. :teehee:

and where's the problem? :das::naughty::biggrin2:

Can you book through Mikasounds/Sandbag? Or don't you want to risk it? :naughty:

i wish, that's what i was waiting for all the time, but they don't sell them! :aah:

Can you book from the venue?

from the venue they just link to ticketmaster.ie (which has the same system as the uk one). :boxed:

about money order to ticketmaster, hmm, i could try that... i wish they offered other paying methods on their site, like paypal! :aah:

I was going to say, if you call Ticketmaster, I think they'll give you an address to send a money order to, or you could do the same sending it to the venue.

Or Silver will get it for you, just noticed her post.:naughty:

I saw Silver's proposition which is really really nice :biggrin2:

Like Mellody said, paylpay would be good for ticketmaster.

*sigh*

If only I could make it over there for these gigs...

:tears:

I would love to go too :tears:... I still have nightmares about missing out on the NYC gig last year... :crybaby:

Oh well, I better save the small amount of money that I do have and wait till Mika does a proper tour here... I'm gonna stalk him around the country! :fangurl:

Maybe moneybags over there *points at Mana* can lend us some money so we can go to more gigs :teehee:

Wondering if I'll have time for a quick dash up to Temple Bar, my spiritual home!

It's where my gran was born.

Temple Bar... hmmmmmm... that sounds so familiar to me...

Wondering if I'll have time for a quick dash up to Temple Bar, my spiritual home!

It's where my gran was born.

Temple Bar...I've had the funnest (nights out) and the un-funnest (bellybutton pierced) times there :aah:

I would love to go too :tears:... I still have nightmares about missing out on the NYC gig last year... :crybaby:

Oh well, I better save the small amount of money that I do have and wait till Mika does a proper tour here... I'm gonna stalk him around the country! :fangurl:

Maybe moneybags over there *points at Mana* can lend us some money so we can go to more gigs :teehee:

Temple Bar... hmmmmmm... that sounds so familiar to me...

Yes, there's a certain hotel there, owned by a certain rock star:naughty:

Please post after this gig !!!

I'll got vicarious thrill for your pic and report...!

You can see him soon .........I'm envious of you !!!!!:mf_lustslow:

:aah::aah::aah:

Don't worry, a few of us have internet on our phones, so you'll get lots of news before during and after the show:thumb_yello:

As this is on the night of the Brits, and Mika has been nominated for Best Male, should we be prepared, and have something ready in the eventuality he may win?

If it should happen, it would be great if we could do something to mark the occasion.

As this is on the night of the Brits, and Mika has been nominated for Best Male, should we be prepared, and have something ready in the eventuality he may win?

If it should happen, it would be great if we could do something to mark the occasion.

In my opinion, if he is told he has a chance he should be at the Brits. He simply shouldn't miss that opportunity.

I think they might also ask him to perform ....

Concerning your idea for the gift - I think we should give him something nevertheless.... However, we might not want to discuss details on MFC..

In my opinion, if he is told he has a chance he should be at the Brits. He simply shouldn't miss that opportunity.

I think they might also ask him to perform ....

Concerning your idea for the gift - I think we should give him something nevertheless.... However, we might not want to discuss details on MFC..

Wasn't thinking of a gift as such.

But why would he be there?

Other artists on tour, when they win, haven't been at the ceremony. They usually give them the award before they go on stage, sometimes even on stage.

And he would have already have been asked to perform before now, so as he has now announced this date, I would think he hasn't been asked.

I just hope the show is still on :hypo:

Would be nice to celebrate after/during the show if he wins the award :wub2:

Don't worry, I'm sure it is.

He isn't on the list of performers.

i'm starting to get worried about this gig again. :no: you can't get tickets for it anymore on ticketmaster! :shocked: maybe it's just a temporary problem on ticketmaster... or maybe that haiti single thing made mika decide for the brits instead... :boxed:

anyway, one positive thing, if you live in ireland you can win tickets for the show on the 16th here: http://www.campus.ie/win/current-competitions/tickets-for-mika-live-in-dublin.html :wink2:

i'm starting to get worried about this gig again. :no: you can't get tickets for it anymore on ticketmaster! :shocked: maybe it's just a temporary problem on ticketmaster... or maybe that haiti single thing made mika decide for the brits instead... :boxed:

Have you tried directly from the venue? That's how I bought my Belfast ticket.

Really? That is really strange... Have they ever been there? You can normally get tickets from any venue.

well they do have the news announcement on their site that a 2nd date has been added, but not the concert itself. the ticket link for the first show only links to ticketmaster, so they're not selling tickets themselves anyway. :wink2:

well they do have the news announcement on their site that a 2nd date has been added, but not the concert itself. the ticket link for the first show only links to ticketmaster, so they're not selling tickets themselves anyway. :wink2:

I was going to get my ticket on the day of the first one anyway, but it can't hurt to find out what Ticketmaster are up to, by doing what they have done.

Lynne, one of the Dubliners, is going to call the venue tomorrow, to see what they know.

I was going to get my ticket on the day of the first one anyway, but it can't hurt to find out what Ticketmaster are up to, by doing what they have done.

Lynne, one of the Dubliners, is going to call the venue tomorrow, to see what they know.

Thank you Rose and Lynne. If they are not selling tickets for the second gig, they are basically working against themselves... It must be some technical error they need to investigate....

MIKA - SECOND OLYMPIA SHOW CANCELLED

MIKA regrets to announce that he will have to cancel his upcoming Olympia show scheduled for Tuesday February 16th 2010. Unfortunately Mika is needed in London on February 16th to attend the Brit Awards.

Mika’s cancellation statement January 29th 2010:

‘I am thrilled and honoured to be nominated for Best Male at the Brits I have to take this opportunity to attend them , I apologise to all my Irish fans that I can’t see on the 16th , but I am looking forward to being in Dublin on the 15th.’

Ticket holders can obtain full refunds at the point of purchase and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause

Tickets are still available for Mika live at the Olympia on February 15th

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=4062986&ar=mika&cat=all

:boxed::boxed::boxed:

Archived