CANCELLED - MIKA @ Olympia, Dublin, Ireland - 2nd Date

Christine

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:boxed::boxed::aah::mad3:

What a surprise.

I have lost all faith in mikasounds.com now, there is no reason to ever believe anything on it anymore.

This gig should never have been officially announced anywhere if it wasn't certain, it's just completely stupid how this was organised.

Oh, I do get it: it's pure incompetence. I just think that it's unacceptable :sneaky2:

agree.

I have a feeling that he would have cancelled the 2nd gig had he been asked to perform there, but because he wasn't, he confirmed the gig. However, as Rose pointed out, there is now the chance for him to be part of this all star band performing the single live. I expect people like Rod Stewart and Macca to be there and Mika might even be asked to play the piano:

I really am happy for him to have been given that opportunity and I actually understand the decision. I would even understand it should I now be in a position to have re-booked my flight. I would simply spend one more day sightseeing.

agree about the reason, and also am happy that he gets to perform the charity single at the brits, and am not really that surprised about the dublin cancellation. my problem is not so much that this gig has been cancelled, it doesn't really make a difference for me (except that i've been looking forward to it). but the real problem is that they have confirmed it in the first place, when they knew the brits were on! this is just... BangHead.gif:aah::aah:

so, how about a cancelled-gig-mfc-party on the 16th á la london december 07? :biggrin2: we had SO much fun there even without mika... maybe we'll find a bar/pub that broadcasts the brits on tv? :biggrin2:

edit: oh, and i forgot: of course no mention of that whatsoever on mikasounds. :boxed: they should be the first who tell about a gig, and the first who tell if it's cancelled. not ticketmaster or the venue website or whoever. arrgh! :aah:

Oh dear. Not again.

It's not like we couldn't predict this one.

I don't understand how MS can be run at this level of ineptitude.

Have they allocated all the Junior staff to Mika's management account or something...do you think they could sign up here and get the information ahead of the usual channels then???:mf_rosetinted:

:argue:

agree.

but the real problem is that they have confirmed it in the first place, when they knew the brits were on! this is just... [

so, how about a cancelled-gig-mfc-party on the 16th á la london december 07? :biggrin2: we had SO much fun there even without mika... maybe we'll find a bar/pub that broadcasts the brits on tv? :biggrin2:

edit: oh, and i forgot: of course no mention of that whatsoever on mikasounds.

I totally agree with you about about Mikasounds! :mad:

I know that near the venue, you can have an evening meal + Irish Dancing Night", that's an idea :-)

I think I'l be staying on Tuesday so will be nice to spend time with MFCers in Temple Bar and around

The whole organisation is totally and utterly inept. It was announced in the Irish press, then on Ticketmaster, they started selling tickets, then it didn't appear on the MS list, then it did appear on the MS list, I got my ticket this morning, and now it's not happening. The words "arse" and "elbow" come to mind.

* Oh, and look - it's still there on the MS list!*

agree.

agree about the reason, and also am happy that he gets to perform the charity single at the brits, and am not really that surprised about the dublin cancellation. my problem is not so much that this gig has been cancelled, it doesn't really make a difference for me (except that i've been looking forward to it). but the real problem is that they have confirmed it in the first place, when they knew the brits were on! this is just... BangHead.gif:aah::aah:

edit: oh, and i forgot: of course no mention of that whatsoever on mikasounds. :boxed: they should be the first who tell about a gig, and the first who tell if it's cancelled. not ticketmaster or the venue website or whoever. arrgh! :aah:

It would be great if we could find a bar that would show it, but if not does the hostel not have a tv, or anyone in a hotel with a tv, where we could watch and then go out to party?

This is the most astounding thing to me. The only indication from Mika or his team that this concert is not going ahead is Mika mentioning on the radio today that he's going to the Brits. There's really no excuse for them not informing fans that it's off.

How does a cancellation appear in some obscure place (well to me anyway) and look like it's an official press release, yet hasn't made it to the really important places, like, oh I dunno, Mikasounds? Myspace? :dunno:

All the listings of this date are still up there. They should be JUMPING to get the word out there to prevent people spending money on altering flights or accommodation etc.

Just another in a string of management stuff-ups in my mind:mf_rosetinted:

This is the most astounding thing to me. The only indication from Mika or his team that this concert is not going ahead is Mika mentioning on the radio today that he's going to the Brits. There's really no excuse for them not informing fans that it's off.

If Starrets hadn't posted that press release, we'd still be none the wiser, and confused by what he'd said on Dermots show!

It's crazy!

How does a cancellation appear in some obscure place (well to me anyway) and look like it's an official press release, yet hasn't made it to the really important places, like, oh I dunno, Mikasounds? Myspace? :dunno:

All the listings of this date are still up there. They should be JUMPING to get the word out there to prevent people spending money on altering flights or accommodation etc.

It seems they think we have money to just throw around!

Maybe they do, but the rest of us don't!

not that obscure, it's on the venue's website. :wink2: but apart from that, of course i totally agree with you. team mika should hire the mfc mod team as consultants, and pay you for writing them an e-mail as a reminder every time we know more than them, so they won't forget to put it on MS! :naughty:

If Starrets hadn't posted that press release, we'd still be none the wiser, and confused by what he'd said on Dermots show!

It's crazy!

Yes particularly since Mika is not the most reliable source of info. After the DJs in Ireland mentioning several times that he'd be performing in Dublin on the 15th or 16th he said that he had to figure out a way to get to the Brits because at the moment he's supposed to be performing in France. :blink::doh:

Yes particularly since Mika is not the most reliable source of info. After the DJs in Ireland mentioning several times that he'd be performing in Dublin on the 15th or 16th he said that he had to figure out a way to get to the Brits because at the moment he's supposed to be performing in France. :blink::doh:

Indeed!

It would help, if even he had a clue where he was supposed to be!

Indeed!

It would help, if even he had a clue where he was supposed to be!

or just keep his mouth shut if he's not sure. :naughty: i mean, he doesn't have to know, he gets told by others what to do & where to go. but if he speaks about it in interviews, he should make sure it's the truth what he's saying. :sneaky2: not the right topic for one of his gertrude stories. :fisch:

MIKA - SECOND OLYMPIA SHOW CANCELLED

MIKA regrets to announce that he will have to cancel his upcoming Olympia show scheduled for Tuesday February 16th 2010. Unfortunately Mika is needed in London on February 16th to attend the Brit Awards.

Mika’s cancellation statement January 29th 2010:

‘I am thrilled and honoured to be nominated for Best Male at the Brits I have to take this opportunity to attend them , I apologise to all my Irish fans that I can’t see on the 16th , but I am looking forward to being in Dublin on the 15th.’

Ticket holders can obtain full refunds at the point of purchase and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause

Tickets are still available for Mika live at the Olympia on February 15th

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=4062986&ar=mika&cat=all

Really?

I'm a little surprised, but not surprised at the same time...

:group_hug: to everyone who was going...

The whole organisation is totally and utterly inept. It was announced in the Irish press, then on Ticketmaster, they started selling tickets, then it didn't appear on the MS list, then it did appear on the MS list, I got my ticket this morning, and now it's not happening. The words "arse" and "elbow" come to mind.

*pats*

It really does suck...

Do you think any of the French gigs will be messed around with?

:lmfao::roftl::naughty::teehee:

Oh sorry Rose... were you serious?

The company I use to book hotels are gonna LOVE me!

Had hotel in Antwerp then cancelled it.

Had hotel in Amsterdam then changed date.

Added a night at hotel in Dublin then cancelled it when it looked like it wasn't happening, then added it again when it was officially announced, now cancelling it again!

As for the travel, I'm in such a muddle I think I might actually cancel all of it and stay at home! :hair:

The company I use to book hotels are gonna LOVE me!

Had hotel in Antwerp then cancelled it.

Had hotel in Amsterdam then changed date.

Added a night at hotel in Dublin then cancelled it when it looked like it wasn't happening, then added it again when it was officially announced, now cancelling it again!

As for the travel, I'm in such a muddle I think I might actually cancel all of it and stay at home! :hair:

Yes, finally I've lost track of what I'm doing. Like Rose says, we don't have £ to splash around, no matter what others might think.

You know, I'm curious who is at fault here for Mikasounds not officially announcing this cancellation.

Who is supposed to make sure Mikasounds is updated? Is that Universal? If so, I wonder who sends them requests to update the website and also who generates content for the mailing list emails. At some point in this chain of communication, things are ALWAYS breaking down. Things always seem to be needlessly complicated in Mika Land. :bleh:

Hope everyone who sticks around Dublin has a good time anyway! :huglove:

You know, I'm curious who is at fault here for Mikasounds not officially announcing this cancellation.

Who is supposed to make sure Mikasounds is updated? Is that Universal? If so, I wonder who sends them requests to update the website and also who generates content for the mailing list emails. At some point in this chain of communication, things are ALWAYS breaking down. Things always seem to be needlessly complicated in Mika Land. :bleh:

Hope everyone who sticks around Dublin has a good time anyway! :huglove:

Seeing as they're having so much trouble updating and running the page, maybe I should offer my services... after all, I am doing a web design course :naughty:

It would be great if we could find a bar that would show it, but if not does the hostel not have a tv, or anyone in a hotel with a tv, where we could watch and then go out to party?

I think I have a TV in my room but then don't know about the channels

Maybe they (the people that arrange al the gigs) only added the second date to sell more tickets for the first date?

First show is still not sold out, so add another one and lure more people to Dublin, 2 shows sounds better than one to most fans. Fans are more tempted to spend money when they get 2 shows in stead of one.

At the end it's always about the money right? Sell, sell, sell.

Just a crazy thought I had when I couldn't sleep last night :blush-anim-cl:

If it's to crazy just ignore it :naughty:

Archived