CANCELLED - MIKA @ Olympia, Dublin, Ireland - 2nd Date

Christine

Oh no, am so annoyed. Not sure I will stay all day of Tuesday now...

Would you like to visit a bit Dublin then?

I'm going to have a lie in now, ha ha!!!

Yeah, have a wander round the place, it's been a while.

Get to spend some time in Temple Bar now:biggrin2:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not really!

I know, I was waiting for this. I just hoped they had announced it earlier, they knew about Brit awards! So this is official now? I need to make new travel plans.

I know, I was waiting for this. I just hoped they had announced it earlier, they knew about Brit awards! So this is official now? I need to make new travel plans.

I think it may have just been sprung on him, because of the Haiti charity single.

They may be performing it that night

Apart from being annoyed, I am getting confused. With all the changes etc I don't know if I am coming or going, or when!

And I don't have people to sort my arrangements out for me and tell me where I should be like Mika. :thumbdown:

Yep, feel exactly like that. This was already the fourth gig they cancelled/rescheduled. I had made plans and bookings for all of them. I obviously picked wrong gigs :aah:

What a surprise. :mf_rosetinted:

I have lost all faith in mikasounds.com now, there is no reason to ever believe anything on it anymore.

This gig should never have been officially announced anywhere if it wasn't certain, it's just completely stupid how this was organised.

If there are any more sudden changes to this tour I think I'll pull my hair out. :hair:

What a surprise. :mf_rosetinted:

I have lost all faith in mikasounds.com now, there is no reason to ever believe anything on it anymore.

This gig should never have been officially announced anywhere if it wasn't certain, it's just completely stupid how this was organised.

If there are any more sudden changes to this tour I think I'll pull my hair out. :hair:

Hope you have a nice wig or warm hat handy then, because I would be very surprised if this is the last "change" in the tour schedule..

Hope you have a nice wig or warm hat handy then, because I would be very surprised if this is the last "change" in the tour schedule..

Do you think any of the French gigs will be messed around with?

I agree ... I mean the MFC was saying eh?? a gig on the same night as the Birits??

Really .... I dont get this one , I can "understand" the first few gigs .. even though its put me out of pocket ... but this ... :boxed:

Sigh

Sorry peeps

I know, surely they knew the date of the Brits ages ago, even before Mika was nominated. :dunno: Even if he wasn't going to perform or anything, it should be kept free really.

Once again, what a mess.

:naughty: I have plenty of wigs, I'll be grand.

I am really annoyed in general though, not just for this but for every disrupted gig in this tour. :boxed:

Well I am glad that Mika is attending the Brit Awards. But it's unfortunate that we're the ones who thought this was the most logical decision first. Surely this decision should have been made the day the nominations were announced - which was before they confirmed this date was going ahead.

Well I am glad that Mika is attending the Brit Awards. But it's unfortunate that we're the ones who thought this was the most logical decision first. Surely this decision should have been made the day the nominations were announced - which was before they confirmed this date was going ahead.

Hence why I say "incompetence":naughty:

Who makes the plans for a tour, is it the record company or the personal managment? I´m very unknowing about such things. If it is the record company I have the suspicion there is someone who wants to boycott Mika´s carrier :boxed:

I'm really glad now that I listened to Suzie and didn't make any changes in my expensive flight arrangements!:wink2:

yes, I kind of saw that coming about a month ago when the date of the Brits were annouced but since MS confirmed all the dates, I was 90% sure he'd chose to do the gig I wouldn't be able to attend because I booked my flights too early, like Sienna did....

So, after all, nothing has changed for me but I do understand if people who re-booked their flights back are annoyed ...

All these changes to the tour schedule are really unprofessional. Organisers of the tour must have been aware of the date of the Brit Awards long before it was announced to the general public.

I have a feeling that he would have cancelled the 2nd gig had he been asked to perform there, but because he wasn't, he confirmed the gig. However, as Rose pointed out, there is now the chance for him to be part of this all star band performing the single live. I expect people like Rod Stewart and Macca to be there and Mika might even be asked to play the piano:wub2:

I really am happy for him to have been given that opportunity and I actually understand the decision. I would even understand it should I now be in a position to have re-booked my flight. I would simply spend one more day sightseeing.

yes, I kind of saw that coming about a month ago when the date of the Brits were annouced but since MS confirmed all the dates, I was 90% sure he'd chose to do the gig I wouldn't be able to attend because I booked my flights too early, like Sienna did....

So, after all, nothing has changed for me but I do understand if people who re-booked their flights back are annoyed ...

All these changes to the tour schedule are really unprofessional. Organisers of the tour must have been aware of the date of the Brit Awards long before it was announced to the general public.

I have a feeling that he would have cancelled the 2nd gig had he been asked to perform there, but because he wasn't, he confirmed the gig. However, as Rose pointed out, there is now the chance for him to be part of this all star band performing the single live. I expect people like Rod Stewart and Macca to be there and Mika might even be asked to play the piano:wub2:

I really am happy for him to have been given that opportunity and I actually understand the decision. I would even understand it should I now be in a position to have re-booked my flight. I would simply spend one more day sightseeing.

Yes, I'm happy for him too. It's a great opportunity for him :wub2:

For me it's just a personal choice to make new travel plans instead of sightseeing. It makes a huge difference to be back home day earlier now when the gig is cancelled. I knew this was coming, so it was not a surprise. We saw it coming, they should have seen it too, and that gives a bit unprofessional feeling.

You think he could be asked to play piano there? It would be amazing :wub2:

Yep.

There are certainly worse places to be than partying in Dublin :fisch:

I'm going to have a lie in now, ha ha!!!

Yeah, have a wander round the place, it's been a while.

Get to spend some time in Temple Bar now:biggrin2:

we could go to the Fish and chips you mentionned to me :wink2:

Archived