CANCELLED - MIKA @ Olympia, Dublin, Ireland - 2nd Date

Christine

Oh we've already offered our services. They are not biting.

I think it's a case of too many cooks in the kitchen but not one of them to take responsibility for promptness and accuracy when it comes right down to it.

I really don't understand the record company involvement in his site at all. When I worked at a record co back in the stone age they didn't have web sites, so I'm not sure how this works and why.

Damn...

They wouldn't have to pay me or anything... all I would like is tickets to and Aussie gig he does, I can do all the work from here! Seriously, if they wanted someone to help with that site I would put my hand up straight away...

I think you are right though..

I get the impression that it's not connected to the record company.... maybe it's connected to whoever manages him? :dunno:

for the french gigs, i wonder if the 2nd Bercy wouldn't be cancelled if the management realize that it's not sold out....wait and see and hope he won't cancel LYON for the 2nd time ( remember 2007).

As far as I can see, he wouldn't cancel a show just because it didn't sell out... if that was the case, then the Sydney show should have been cancelled cause i know it didn't sell out.

I'd be very very surprised if he did cancel anything in France... he really does love it there..

Please do! See above!

I seriously would do it.. it's not like I'm working right now (thank you education department for screwing around because I've had two strokes :sneaky2:)

*points up to what she said to Christine*

Well, I'm not saying they're the most competent people! :naughty:

I'm just saying, realistically, they don't work weekends -- no one over there is going to disrupt their days off just to update some website and make the fans happy, like I would. We mean nothing to them (the people who run the website, that is).

I agree with what you say... and I definitely think it's a case of them not really caring.. to them it's only a job.

I just don't understand why he can't have fans to run the page (of course, you'd need fans who understand websites and such :blush-anim-cl:)

It's Monday. Nobody actually works on a Monday. Pfff.

I do! I had to go fix up the computers at mum's work on Monday... then went in there again today to refix them...

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get the impression that it's not connected to the record company.... maybe it's connected to whoever manages him? :dunno:

I just don't understand why he can't have fans to run the page (of course, you'd need fans who understand websites and such :blush-anim-cl:)

I am sure these are Universal people updating the site at the moment and they're not going to turn it over to fans. They wouldn't let fans moderate the old Mikasounds forum either, even after they abandoned it and it was littered with spam.

I am sure these are Universal people updating the site at the moment and they're not going to turn it over to fans. They wouldn't let fans moderate the old Mikasounds forum either, even after they abandoned it and it was littered with spam.

Fair enough then...

If they're not gonna run it properly then they deserve the fans badmouthing them :shun:...

This makes me a little sad.

If you look at how this forum is managed, always the latest updates, spammers disappear before they knew what hit them, sometimes as members we happen to post stuff that is not appropriate but we are always met with respect and dignity. :wub2:

I understand that there are a lot of work going on behind the scenes, by our mods and I don't understand half of it, but I can see the result!:thumb_yello:

Every single time you log in you can see with your very eyes how well this place is taken care of!

And with that knowledge and with the thought of how much pleasure it is to visit a web site that is well-administered, why in the world can't Mika's people ever make it right?

As I said before: Hire people from the MFC they will work for free and they are good at it, they get things done and they care!

But yes, I suppose I try to look on the bright side. Comes as reaction to growing up with Eeyore as a father, I suspect. :blush-anim-cl:

Oooh, I iz jealous :naughty:, I totally :wub2::wub2::wub2: Eeyore. I even have a few mugs with his face, where I have my daily tea in :roftl:

Damn...

They wouldn't have to pay me or anything... all I would like is tickets to and Aussie gig he does, I can do all the work from here! Seriously, if they wanted someone to help with that site I would put my hand up straight away...

Join the club, I think that many of us feel the same way and have said it many times :roftl:. I wish they would let some of us competent people run his stuff. It would definitely be done a LOT better :naughty:

Join the club, I think that many of us feel the same way and have said it many times :roftl:. I wish they would let some of us competent people run his stuff. It would definitely be done a LOT better :naughty:

I'll do anything if they let a group of fans updates it... geez, I'll even be the coffeee wench! :naughty:

Seriously though, it would be a lot better than how it was done now, and some of us may even be persuaded to do it for free if they're worried about paying people (though admittedly I'd like to get paid a bit for it :naughty:)...

It's all wishful thinking though... *sighs*

If you look at how this forum is managed, always the latest updates, spammers disappear before they knew what hit them, sometimes as members we happen to post stuff that is not appropriate but we are always met with respect and dignity. :wub2:

I understand that there are a lot of work going on behind the scenes, by our mods and I don't understand half of it, but I can see the result!:thumb_yello:

Every single time you log in you can see with your very eyes how well this place is taken care of!

And with that knowledge and with the thought of how much pleasure it is to visit a web site that is well-administered, why in the world can't Mika's people ever make it right?

As I said before: Hire people from the MFC they will work for free and they are good at it, they get things done and they care!

The difference between MFC and Mikasounds is that MFC is monitored 24/7, 365 days a year. It's overseen by a team of people who communicate with each other and any relevant third party, like Team Mika, in a pretty standard/organized fashion. We're also real people, hands-on people - for example, when the Magic Numbers thing first came out we served as a link between the MFC community and the company behind the program to iron out any issues. IMHO, the Mikasounds community should have had someone doing just that in the first place.

This could be the case with Mikasounds, but first they would have to sort out who does what and when. Clearly they have someone updating the news on Mikasounds, but who is that person? A Universal employee? Does this person proactively complete updates, or do requests for updates come from Mika's management -> label marketing staffer -> the web team?

What they need is one person with an overview perspective of Mika's whole career who is empowered to take care of this and Mika's whole online presence. He/she could post media updates such as TV appearances, updates such as album release dates, and also liaise with the promoters/booking agents/management/whoever to post updates pertaining to the tour. This person could also handle updates for the social media sites like MySpace, liaise with the community to solve bugs with Mikasounds, take recommendations regarding functionality and features, and provide proactive website audits to ensure things aren't broken/outdated.

I don't know for sure, but my assumption is that when you get a big company like Universal involved, there are too many cooks in the kitchen, so to speak. Then things get lost along the way. :dunno:

The difference between MFC and Mikasounds is that MFC is monitored 24/7, 365 days a year. It's overseen by a team of people who communicate with each other and any relevant third party, like Team Mika, in a pretty standard/organized fashion. We're also real people, hands-on people - for example, when the Magic Numbers thing first came out we served as a link between the MFC community and the company behind the program to iron out any issues. IMHO, the Mikasounds community should have had someone doing just that in the first place.

This could be the case with Mikasounds, but first they would have to sort out who does what and when. Clearly they have someone updating the news on Mikasounds, but who is that person? A Universal employee? Does this person proactively complete updates, or do requests for updates come from Mika's management -> label marketing staffer -> the web team?

What they need is one person with an overview perspective of Mika's whole career who is empowered to take care of this and Mika's whole online presence. He/she could post media updates such as TV appearances, updates such as album release dates, and also liaise with the promoters/booking agents/management/whoever to post updates pertaining to the tour. This person could also handle updates for the social media sites like MySpace, liaise with the community to solve bugs with Mikasounds, take recommendations regarding functionality and features, and provide proactive website audits to ensure things aren't broken/outdated.

I don't know for sure, but my assumption is that when you get a big company like Universal involved, there are too many cooks in the kitchen, so to speak. Then things get lost along the way. :dunno:

I don't think they've figured out the bold bit yet...

Maybe you should send that post to Universal/whoever runs MS... then again, they probably don't care :sneaky2:

:huglove: Thanks for your nice words about our lovely mod team, sienna.

I'm sure, as others have said, that Universal would never let us run "their"

site, but I do think that people who actually care about Mika and his

career would undoubtedly do a better job than people to whom he's just a

paycheck. All this disorganization, like this cancellation and the rearrangement of the tour and how it was

handled, reflects so badly on Mika, IMO. We're hardcore fans, we'll keep

following him no matter what, probably. But other fans who end up losing

money over cancelled gigs and numerous schedule changes are just

going to say, "pfft, who needs this?" and move on to something/one else.

Again, IMO. :dunno:

Sing it, sistah! :thumb_yello:

Maybe you should send that post to Universal/whoever runs MS... then again, they probably don't care :sneaky2:

How do you know we haven't? :naughty: Seriously, we've tried to tell

them at least a variation of that, in a subtle, diplomatic way. :blush-anim-cl:

Exactly my thought when I read it too!:wink2:

Universal/whoever look here, here is a job description for you!

How do you know we haven't? :naughty: Seriously, we've tried to tell

them at least a variation of that, in a subtle, diplomatic way. :blush-anim-cl:

Maybe you should notch it up just a little bit?:naughty:

Out of context: Please tell me if that's the way to say it, I took it only from heard not written English and it's only my guess of an expression!:blush-anim-cl:

Maybe you should notch it up just a little bit?:naughty:

Out of context: Please tell me if that's the way to say it, I took it only from heard not written English and it's only my guess of an expression!:blush-anim-cl:

I would use "kick it up a notch", but that's pretty darn close. :biggrin2:

Except that one time there were no mods on for about 10 minutes and all hell broke lose, :mf_rosetinted:

Then FD came online and we all had to put our regular non-party clothes back on :sneaky2:

--stops lurking in this thread--

prolly slow on the uptake here but you all seen this ...without me having to trawl through this thread?

http://www.mikasounds.com/news/view/769/SECOND_OLYMPIA_SHOW_FEBRUARY_16TH_CANCELLED

SECOND OLYMPIA SHOW FEBRUARY 16TH CANCELLED

Posted on February 2nd, 2010

MIKA regrets to announce that he will have to cancel his upcoming Olympia show scheduled for Tuesday February 16th 2010.

Unfortunately Mika is needed in London on February 16th to attend the Brit Awards.

Mika’s cancellation statement January 29th 2010:

“I am thrilled and honoured to be nominated for best Male at the Brits. I’m really sorry to cancel the second Dublin show but I have to take this opportunity to attend the awards. I apologise to all my Irish fans that I can’t see on the 16th, but I am looking forward to being in Dublin on the 15th.”

Ticket holders can obtain full refunds at the point of purchase and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause

Tickets are still available for Mika live at the Olympia on February 15th, For further information please visit:

http://www.mcd.ie

http://www.ticketmaster.ie

*is confused*

:blink:

Translation - I am going to tell Mika exactly what I think of his website. :pinkbow:

You're not??? REALLY????? are you sure now????:roftl:

Well I wouldn't turn it down but I don't expect it will be on offer, do you? :naughty:

Archived