CANCELLED - MIKA @ Olympia, Dublin, Ireland - 2nd Date

Christine

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe they (the people that arrange al the gigs) only added the second date to sell more tickets for the first date?

Luckily it doesn't work like that.... No one can promote a fictive concert without legal and financial consequences.

Mikasounds confirmed the second Dublin date. In fact, it is still on Mikasounds.

I'm really sorry everyone has been screwed around by this ... it sucks big time :huglove:

I know there was a press-release cos' Starrats posted it ... but I've not seen it anywhere else .... and it's still on Mikasounds and Myspace as you mentioned - really bad organisation ... :aah:

Do they ever know what they're doing .... :lmfao:

Seeing as they're having so much trouble updating and running the page, maybe I should offer my services... after all, I am doing a web design course :naughty:

Oh we've already offered our services. They are not biting. :naughty:

I think it's a case of too many cooks in the kitchen but not one of them to take responsibility for promptness and accuracy when it comes right down to it.

I really don't understand the record company involvement in his site at all. When I worked at a record co back in the stone age they didn't have web sites, so I'm not sure how this works and why. :dunno:

Maybe they (the people that arrange al the gigs) only added the second date to sell more tickets for the first date?

First show is still not sold out, so add another one and lure more people to Dublin, 2 shows sounds better than one to most fans. Fans are more tempted to spend money when they get 2 shows in stead of one.

I would think 90+% of fans will only go to one show so I don't think that was their strategy.

Hm I dont believe its cancelled, untill its on mikasounds and the ticketservice site

As I said Mika is a pretty unreliable source of information but if he says he's going to the Brits I'm going to take him at his word. Even if he thinks he should have been playing in France that night instead of Dublin. :freak:

Perhaps MS will book us a table at the Brits to make up for it :roftl:

including a flight from dublin, preferably on the same flight as mika. that'd be fine with me as a compensation for the cancelled gig. :biggrin2::naughty:

I am really angry another time because we knew that Mika would be present at the Brits ( happy for him), the management knew it also of course and they managed to create a 2nd gig at Dublin and of course they cancelled it!!

but where did they learn their job?

I don't trust in Mikasounds ,they have showed their incompetence before, thanks to Starrats!

for the french gigs, i wonder if the 2nd Bercy wouldn't be cancelled if the management realize that it's not sold out....wait and see and hope he won't cancel LYON for the 2nd time ( remember 2007).:sneaky2:

Just made a phone call about my plane ticket, and it will cost 110 euros to change the date. Again. This is just too expensive :aah:

Is this official now? Even if Mikasounds still have it on their list?

Does the cost of changing your flight vary, or is that a set fee?

I think (hope?) Mikasounds will update their site on Monday or Tuesday, but you just never know. :aah:

I'm pretty sure the cancellation is reliable; the venue wouldn't say that if someone in Mika's camp hadn't said so. That and he said himself on Radio 2 yesterday that he was going to be at the Brits, which sounds right to me.

Does the cost of changing your flight vary, or is that a set fee?

I think (hope?) Mikasounds will update their site on Monday or Tuesday, but you just never know. :aah:

I'm pretty sure the cancellation is reliable; the venue wouldn't say that if someone in Mika's camp hadn't said so. That and he said himself on Radio 2 yesterday that he was going to be at the Brits, which sounds right to me.

It's a fee I need to pay if I want to make any changes, airline fee + travel agency fee. I use an online travel agency, because that's the easiest way to find the cheapest flight in the shortest time, but that means that I must pay both fees, so stupid system... :sneaky2:

Well, it would so much fun to be partying in Dublin with other MFCers, but I have my family waiting for me, so I need to go home as early as possible.

not that obscure, it's on the venue's website. :wink2: but apart from that, of course i totally agree with you. team mika should hire the mfc mod team as consultants, and pay you for writing them an e-mail as a reminder every time we know more than them, so they won't forget to put it on MS! :naughty:

I've said that over and over again!

The mod team are people who care about both Mika's and his fan's best interest!:thumb_yello:

The company I use to book hotels are gonna LOVE me!

Had hotel in Antwerp then cancelled it.

Had hotel in Amsterdam then changed date.

Added a night at hotel in Dublin then cancelled it when it looked like it wasn't happening, then added it again when it was officially announced, now cancelling it again!

As for the travel, I'm in such a muddle I think I might actually cancel all of it and stay at home! :hair:

:huglove:

Seeing as they're having so much trouble updating and running the page, maybe I should offer my services... after all, I am doing a web design course :naughty:

Please do! See above!:wink2:

Just made a phone call about my plane ticket, and it will cost 110 euros to change the date. Again. This is just too expensive :aah:

:huglove:

I use to book my flights on line too to get the best price and it's very expensive to change, if it's even possible.

With this I thought I should wait to the absolute last minute because of all

the contrarious information, we don't even have direct flights to Dublin!

Well, it would so much fun to be partying in Dublin with other MFCers, but I have my family waiting for me, so I need to go home as early as possible.

but they'd have to wait for you as well if you went to a mika gig, why not stay for a mfc party instead? :wink2: believe me, it can be just as much fun as a mika gig! :biggrin2:

but they'd have to wait for you as well if you went to a mika gig, why not stay for a mfc party instead? :wink2: believe me, it can be just as much fun as a mika gig! :biggrin2:

Oh yes!

We know how to party!:naughty:

I know, a mfc party sounds so much fun!! I'm just afraid that I would feel guilty about that. You know, seeing Mika is something you really need, like air, but partying is a bit luxurious, if you have a family waiting at home... Hm, I need to think about that :wink2:

I know, a mfc party sounds so much fun!! I'm just afraid that I would feel guilty about that. You know, seeing Mika is something you really need, like air, but partying is a bit luxurious, if you have a family waiting at home... Hm, I need to think about that :wink2:

you see, it's just a question of your point of view. :biggrin2: and i don't say party with us if it costs you 100 euro. but if it costs you 100 euro NOT to party with us, i don't see a reason why you shouldn't adjust your point of view a bit in this case. :naughty: plus, there's sightseeing as well. cultural, um, thingie. :lmao: whatever, maybe that'll make you feel less guilty. :biggrin2:

Or you could look at it this way; by staying and partying with MFC, you save the 110 euros you would otherwise spend on a flight change fee. Then you could spend that 110 euros on your family when you get home. :wink2::teehee:

you see, it's just a question of your point of view. :biggrin2: and i don't say party with us if it costs you 100 euro. but if it costs you 100 euro NOT to party with us, i don't see a reason why you shouldn't adjust your point of view a bit in this case. :naughty: plus, there's sightseeing as well. cultural, um, thingie. :lmao: whatever, maybe that'll make you feel less guilty. :biggrin2:

Or you could look at it this way; by staying and partying with MFC, you save the 110 euros you would otherwise spend on a flight change fee. Then you could spend that 110 euros on your family when you get home. :wink2::teehee:

Yep, staying there is definitely an option! This is just the first time I'm away from home that many days (4 or 5) so I need to think about it and talk with my family about it. Also, if I'll go to Amsterdam, I could spend one extra day there partying with MFC... :biggrin2:

Yes, and also, if you go to any ticketmaster, or ticket-selling site, it says there are now no tickets available for that date when you try to purchase them. At least all the sites I've checked...

I just think the people who work on the Mikasounds site don't work over the weekend. They're bound to update it soon.

Yes, and also, if you go to any ticketmaster, or ticket-selling site, it says there are now no tickets available for that date when you try to purchase them. At least all the sites I've checked...

I just think the people who work on the Mikasounds site don't work over the weekend. They're bound to update it soon.

Deb, Deb, the glass is always half full with you. :naughty:

Deb, Deb, the glass is always half full with you. :naughty:

Well, I'm not saying they're the most competent people! :naughty:

I'm just saying, realistically, they don't work weekends -- no one over there is going to disrupt their days off just to update some website and make the fans happy, like I would. We mean nothing to them (the people who run the website, that is).

But yes, I suppose I try to look on the bright side. Comes as reaction to growing up with Eeyore as a father, I suspect. :blush-anim-cl:

Do you think perhaps they will disrupt their working day to do some work now that it's 2 hours until closing in the UK? :fisch:

:shocked: Are you trying to say that they are NOT on top of things?

:naughty:

Do you think perhaps they will disrupt their working day to do some work now that it's 2 hours until closing in the UK? :fisch:

Probably do it at 1 minute to 5pm:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Archived