Whats your weird fear or phobia??

pianogirlsammy

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really scared of dying. There was a time when I wanted to die, but now I just want to feel alive.

im not sceard of dieing or death its just i dont want to be alone when it come to my time

Yes.. But I'm still not very cautious.. I do a lot of things that might kill me someday, and I it only frightens me when I start thinking about it.

I think I know what you mean. :huglove:

im not sceard of dieing or death its just i dont want to be alone when it come to my time

I definately dont want to be alone..

I have aracnophobia... If I see an spider or some insect which look like a spider I scream, run, hide and even cry if the spider/insect was too near to me when I saw it... And I'm really scared of caterpillars and similar... I also run, hide, cry...

And I hate treadmills... I can't look to them too much time 'cause I feel sick... And I can't get on it 'cause I feel very sick and scream a lot...

It's quite odd, cause I can get on every funfair except threadmills... I love roller coasters, for example :blink:

I have aracnophobia... If I see an spider or some insect which look like a spider I scream, run, hide and even cry if the spider/insect was too near to me when I saw it... And I'm really scared of caterpillars and similar... I also run, hide, cry...

And I hate treadmills... I can't look to them too much time 'cause I feel sick... And I can't get on it 'cause I feel very sick and scream a lot...

It's quite odd, cause I can get on every funfair except threadmills... I love roller coasters, for example :blink:

Me too, I hate spiders, I saw one in my room and couldn't sleep in peace for like 2 weeks.

Mine's feet. Feet with shoes are ok but if those aren't on and you put your bare feet near me I'll calmly move out of range of them. If you figure it out and hunt me down with them I'll run away from you. This is why I chose tap dancing over any of the other dance classes at school, because you HAVE to wear shoes. :D

Also, spiders and any type of bug other than Rolly Pollies and Lady Bugs. Oh, and butterflies!

And I'm kind of a neat freak, so I guess you can add germs to the list! :D I refuse to share drinks or food, I dust waaay too often and wipe down counters, tables and anything that could be dirty. Plus, everything in my room has a place that they all go back to when I'm finished with them.

I'm not scared of insects, I love them, infact, but I don't like Harvest Spiders :aah: (Y'know the ones with blobby bodies and long spindly legs!! :puke:)

There was one in my bedroom last night and it had a little nest of babies on it back!! :shocked: I actually squealed when it came near me :naughty:

I chucked it out my window in the end :naughty:

• 1 year later...

I hope it's okay to bump this thread. :naughty:

I have a lot of irrational fears like insects and dark water (I can't swim in lakes or in the sea), but it wasn't until the beginning of this year that I realized what my biggest fear is. I'm terribly afraid of maps. I know it sounds absolutely ridicilous but it's true. If I flick through an atlas or use something like Google Maps I get dizzy and lightheaded and my chest hurts, it's really hard to breathe and I get extremely anxious. The worst parts for me are the deep parts of the oceans like the Mariana Trench.

I read somewhere that this kind of phobia might have something to do with the fear of heights or your inner ear and sense of balance being over sensitive or something. :dunno:

Geez, way to make oneself sound like a complete mental case! :naughty:

i just can not sit on toilet until it's completely stopped flushing, even if i reaaaally gotta go so bad i'm doing the potty dance. :loco: what if something like a snake comes out and bites my butt? or what if a vacuum is created and i can't get up? :shocked: i just can't do it!

:freak:

I'm afraid of crane flies. They make horrible sound and those long legs.. aah :blink:. There are always a lot of them in my house in summer because the windows are open and then I spend half of the night catching them with a big blanket.

I also can't sleep when my toes are not under the blanket. I always imagine that someone from the horror movie will grab my leg and drag me under the bed.

I hope it's okay to bump this thread. :naughty:

. I'm terribly afraid of maps. I know it sounds absolutely ridicilous but it's true. If I flick through an atlas or use something like Google Maps I get dizzy and lightheaded and my chest hurts, it's really hard to breathe and I get extremely anxious. The worst parts for me are the deep parts of the oceans like the Mariana Trench.

that's so interesting..never heard of that one before..though i'm def afraid of heights..i also have an irrational fear that anytime i'm on a boat or something and i lean over whatever i'm wearing will fall into the water...:aah:

i just can not sit on toilet until it's completely stopped flushing, even if i reaaaally gotta go so bad i'm doing the potty dance. :loco: what if something like a snake comes out and bites my butt? or what if a vacuum is created and i can't get up? :shocked: i just can't do it!

:freak:

:teehee::aah:

now i have to re-read this whole thread to see if anyone else has this fear cos i can't even really find it on google: i have an intense phobia for certain patterns on organic things...ex. i'm completely grossed out by bumps *in a pattern* (if they're random i'm fine) ...patterns on any non-biological thing i'm fine with. weird i know!:blink:

I'm afraid of crane flies. They make horrible sound and those long legs.. aah :blink:. There are always a lot of them in my house in summer because the windows are open and then I spend half of the night catching them with a big blanket.

I also can't sleep when my toes are not under the blanket. I always imagine that someone from the horror movie will grab my leg and drag me under the bed.

my home used to have some wooden stairs down to the basement that had open space on the back side of each step. i always hated going down there because i thought some creepy monster person would grab my ankles and drag me down with them. once i finally got the nerve to go down first thing i'd always do was check nobody was there!

i also can't sleep unless my back is covered with a sheet or blanket because i think someone will come into my room & stab me there while i'm sleeping :freak:

Same here! Although just having my toes under the blanket isn't enough for me, I need to tuck them there so that if I move my feet they don't get exposed. I've been doing this since I was a kid because I used to have a cat that would bite my toes while I was sleeping if they weren't properly hidden from him. :roftl:

now i have to re-read this whole thread to see if anyone else has this fear cos i can't even really find it on google: i have an intense phobia for certain patterns on organic things...ex. i'm completely grossed out by bumps *in a pattern* (if they're random i'm fine) ...patterns on any non-biological thing i'm fine with. weird i know!:blink:

You mean like goose bumps?

i also can't sleep unless my back is covered with a sheet or blanket because i think someone will come into my room & stab me there while i'm sleeping :freak:

+1! Doing this gives me a sense of safety.

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's got these little habits. :teehee:

Same here! Although just having my toes under the blanket isn't enough for me, I need to tuck them there so that if I move my feet they don't get exposed. I've been doing this since I was a kid because I used to have a cat that would bite my toes while I was sleeping if they weren't properly hidden from him. :roftl:

You mean like goose bumps?

+1! Doing this gives me a sense of safety.

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's got these little habits. :teehee:

definitely not like goose bumps - i'm fine with those..more like boils mayb..? i can't google a pic to illustrate cos i won't be able to get it outta my head...:blink:

definitely not like goose bumps - i'm fine with those..more like boils mayb..? i can't google a pic to illustrate cos i won't be able to get it outta my head...:blink:

Eww I had to google that because I didn't know what you were talking about, that's nasty! :shocked:

Okay....don't laugh guys, but I have a fear of people touching my eyebrows :teehee:

We're not here to judge you dear. :huglove:

My boyfriend's little sister used to fall asleep as a baby when someone stroked her eyebrows. I always thought it was rather odd.

• 4 weeks later...