Tell your experience as a Big Girl or Lollipop Girl!

macboll

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
has anyone got the group photos of all us lollipop & big girls with Mika from the sheffield gig at all I can't find them on here anywhere have i missed them?

If someone's posted them can you put a link on my wall so i don't have to scroll through a million & one pages (I have horrendous internet connection right now so it's v hard to look through every thread right now!):aah:

thanks a lot in advance :D

Hi darklight, here is the link to 3 of my vids that lead into the finale. Hope you manage to catch a glimpse of yourself;

What a nice thread :wub2:

I really enjoyed being a Lollipop Girl with my good friend Pamette in Glasgow ! :mf_lustslow:

We were lucky, because we were only the two of us for applying so we've been chosen automatically ! :teehee:

It's a wonderfull experience and it was so nice to share that with MFCers. The fact we were French was quite difficult and we were worried not to understand everything Mrs P. told us.

She is a really nice woman. She kindly spoke to us in French with a lovely accent. It was so nice to see the half gig with the dress under the coat ! People looked at us weirdly :naughty: And it's really fun to dance with this dress !

The big heads were sooooo beautifull but it's hard to dance with them, especially during Lollipop when we were supposed to dance like "f**** maniacs" as Mika told us.

What a nice experience :wub2:

here are some pics :

dsc02512.jpg

dsc02514.jpg

dsc02515.jpg

something else i thought of today... what's it like with security in the backstage area? like, when you go on stage, does the room with your money+cameras etc. get locked in that time or could anyone go in? just asking because i remember mika complained that his notebook with all his song ideas got stolen backstage at one gig, wouldn't want this to happen to my money+camera...

In Glasgow, it wasn't locked neither... but Mrs P. is never far from the room... :wink2:

I think Ruth said somewhere that she put her phone in her corset Well, I can imagine having enough room in that corset, so I might just do thatah Ruth's post:

Maybe there are pockets in the lg dress or something? But yeah, I'd like an answer to that as well.

That and: are you obligated to watch the show from the crowd? Or is there somewhere else you can watch? The side of the stage or something?

I haven't seen pockets in the Lollipop's dress !

I really enjoyed being a Lollipop Girl with my good friend Pamette in Glasgow ! :mf_lustslow:

We were lucky, because we were only the two of us for applying so we've been chosen automatically ! :teehee:

It's a wonderfull experience and it was so nice to share that with MFCers. The fact we were French was quite difficult and we were worried not to understand everything Mrs P. told us.

She is a really nice woman. She kindly spoke to us in French with a lovely accent. It was so nice to see the half gig with the dress under the coat ! People looked at us weirdly :naughty: And it's really fun to dance with this dress !

The big heads were sooooo beautifull but it's hard to dance with them, especially during Lollipop when we were supposed to dance like "f**** maniacs" as Mika told us.

here are some pics :

dsc02512.jpg

dsc02514.jpg

dsc02515.jpg

In Glasgow, it wasn't locked neither... but Mrs P. is never far from the room... :wink2:

I haven't seen pockets in the Lollipop's dress !

thanx for the info+report+pix! :biggrin2: may i ask how tall you are? because on the pic with mika you look quite tall and we have been wondering in this thread whether someone with 170 or 173 cm is too tall for being a lollipop girl - but i'd think you're at least 170 as well? *hopes*

thanx for the info+report+pix! :biggrin2: may i ask how tall you are? because on the pic with mika you look quite tall and we have been wondering in this thread whether someone with 170 or 173 cm is too tall for being a lollipop girl - but i'd think you're at least 170 as well? *hopes*

Of course you may ask ! :naughty: I'm 1,74 and size 10. But Mrs P. made me try the dress to check if I could, not for Pamette, she said she was "perfect" :roftl:

Well, she hadn't the choice, but I think I'm a little bit too tall ! I was lucky there was nobody else who wanted to do it ! :teehee:

But there is always hope, a friend of mine did it in 2008 in Francofolies and she is taller than me and one size bigger :wink2:

Share my experiance with you all.

I was chsoen as a Big Girl in Glasgow Monday just gone. In the same group as FrenchDeb.

So loved my corset wanted to take it home.

I was one of 6 big girls, and OMG i am still buzzing now!!!, i do alot of Panto's and Amateur Dramatics but i usually perform in front of a few hundered people never mind a few thousand.

The costumes were stunning and it was nice to be able to fill my corset as us big girls naturally do.

Have bollowed a black cape to hide my costume under i got some weird looks.

Lollipop was amazing the best thing i have ever done cannot put into words what it feels like to see the crowd jumping, the confetti cannons going off the ballons, Mika's guitarist on his knees in front of me and taking a bow with Mika, and his band, and having his guitarist say to me "well done you did so well you were amazing".

Mrs P the band and Mika are the most amazing lovely people i have had the pleasue of meeting.

Try and post u pics. If you see FrenchDebs group photo i am the one at the end with my daughter stood up.

post-18155-14298368213_thumb.jpg

post-18155-142983682402_thumb.jpg

I was chsoen as a Big Girl in Glasgow Monday just gone. In the same group as FrenchDeb.

I was one of 6 big girls, and OMG i am still buzzing now!!!, i do alot of Panto's and Amateur Dramatics but i usually perform in front of a few hundered people never mind a few thousand.

The costumes were stunning and it was nice to be able to fill my corset as us big girls naturally do.

Lollipop was amazing the best thing i have ever done cannot put into words what it feels like to see the crowd jumping, the confetti cannons going off the ballons, Mika's guitarist on his knees in front of me and taking a bow with Mika, and his band, and having his guitarist say to me "well done you did so well you were amazing".

Mrs P the band and Mika are the most amazing lovely people i have had the pleasue of meeting.

Try and post u pics. If you see FrenchDebs group photo i am the one at the end with my daughter stood up.

Awww so cool! :wub2:

Of course you may ask ! :naughty: I'm 1,74 and size 10. But Mrs P. made me try the dress to check if I could, not for Pamette, she said she was "perfect" :roftl:

Well, she hadn't the choice, but I think I'm a little bit too tall ! I was lucky there was nobody else who wanted to do it ! :teehee:

But there is always hope, a friend of mine did it in 2008 in Francofolies and she is taller than me and one size bigger :wink2:

ah thanx! :thumb_yello: damn, that might be hard for me in london then, there she'll surely have more choice. :fisch: don't know what she's worried about though, looks like the dress fits you perfectly! pff wtf, i'll try anyway - or maybe they'll need a "gray skelly" together with the BGs and LGs, that would be the best option. :naughty:

ah thanx! :thumb_yello: damn, that might be hard for me in london then, there she'll surely have more choice. :fisch: don't know what she's worried about though, looks like the dress fits you perfectly! pff wtf, i'll try anyway - or maybe they'll need a "gray skelly" together with the BGs and LGs, that would be the best option. :naughty:

:naughty:

just try ! you never know :wink2:

I took the longest dress ! she fited me quite well, but was maybe a little short, don't know ! :naughty: when you're on stage and people see you from the crowd, you seem even taller :naughty: But I liked the dress on me :roftl:

I cross fingers for you, maybe you'll have more chance to be picked in Germany or other gigs with less Mika fans ??

Good luck :wink2:

:naughty:

just try ! you never know :wink2:

I took the longest dress ! she fited me quite well, but was maybe a little short, don't know ! :naughty: when you're on stage and people see you from the crowd, you seem even taller :naughty: But I liked the dress on me :roftl:

I cross fingers for you, maybe you'll have more chance to be picked in Germany or other gigs with less Mika fans ??

Good luck :wink2:

yeah maybe, but a) i don't know for sure if they'll do it for the european tour as well, so far it says only uk tour on the website. and b) i have costume plans for every german gig with my DMFC friends. but it's not a drama if i don't get to be LG, i'm sure i'll have fun anyway. :biggrin2:

here are some pics :

dsc02512.jpg

dsc02514.jpg

dsc02515.jpg

Wonderful report and pics Deb!!!

awwwwwwwwwww!!!so amazing!

I'd like to try to be a BG too in London :wink2:

I try to be a Lollipop Girl on the 1st of March at Hammersmith Apollo and I finish in a Big Girl :roftl: The problem was that Mama has 4 LG costumes not more and very skinny girls had been choose because they can't wear a corset. Mama told me that I'm a fauls skinny girl :roftl: I know that, I wear a size 40 in France, a UK size 10-12, but people think when they see me that I wear a size 8 . I was nervous to not be choose and that my friends wasn't too. Mama make me wait a little after trying to me the corset because slimmer girls could wear this corset, she finally give me a yellow and green corset too large for me :naughty: Finally we were all choose. We were 10 French to be choose :roftl: that's why Yasmine explain things in English and French all the time. She was really adorable and Mama too:wub2: We repeated the choregraphia in the big coridor with the masques and heads. I had no problem with the head I saw pretty well with because I fitted it for my head just before to wear it. We all do steps in the coridor in rythm, it was not really good at first but we succed :thumb_yello: After Mika want to see how it would and we do it on stage, Mika was on the floor looking the choregraphy, we do it 2 times, the second was better :thumb_yello:

After we go to wear our costumes, the BG costume was to large for me but it was ok because I seem bigger with, and it was cool because it permit to me to go to the toilet every 5 minutes :roftl: We go upstairs we sign a conntract, we give to John our concert tickets with the contract, he gave to each girl one pound. We had sandwishs, chips and water for dinner, but I don't eat anything because I wasn't hungry. We were allowed to see the concert until the song "Doctor Jones" begin. We had to wear our coats. At "Doctor Jones" we go backstage, we let our coats, we go to the costumes room in singing "Doctor Jones" that's which had made Yasmine smile. We put our heads and masques, I wasn't nervous. And we go on stage with doing the choregraphy we learned, finally it was good :thumb_yello: We return to the costumes room where we had to wait just before the final song "Lollipop". Yasmine told to have fun on this song and to move our arms and legs, to dance with others and with the musiciens,.... We had lots of fun on this song . I was little affraid to hurt Mika with my big head when he approach me.

It was a great experience and I'm ready to do it again :thumb_yello:

After we had give back the costumes we go to the Mika dressing room and in small group we do a picture with him. He was really happy and he told that our prestation was good and that we are the best LG and BG of this UK tour :wub2: I was affraid because the day before Mika was sad and he was lying on the sofa of his dressing room saying that the show was bad :boxed:

I was affraid because the day before Mika was sad and he was lying on the sofa of his dressing room saying that the show was bad :boxed:

Mika knows best. He's a perfectionist, it's his job. I think it's normal that he finds faults where we see none. The important thing it that we're always happy after each show. :biggrin2:

I'm glad you had fun! :huglove:

Fabs pics Helen!! :thumb_yello:

I try to be a Lollipop Girl on the 1st of March at Hammersmith Apollo and I finish in a Big Girl :roftl: The problem was that Mama has 4 LG costumes not more and very skinny girls had been choose because they can't wear a corset. Mama told me that I'm a fauls skinny girl :roftl I know that, I wear a size 40 in France, a UK size 10-12, but people think when they see me that I wear a size 8 . I was nervous to not be choose and that my friends wasn't too. Mama make me wait a little after trying to me the corset because slimmer girls could wear this corset, she finally give me a yellow and green corset too large for me :naughty: Finally we were all choose. We were 10 French to be choose :roftl: that's why Yasmine explain things in English and French all the time. She was really adorable and Mama too:wub2 We repeated the choregraphia in the big coridor with the masques and heads. I had no problem with the head I saw pretty well with because I fitted it for my head just before to wear it. We all do steps in the coridor in rythm, it was not really good at first but we succed :thumb_yello: After Mika want to see how it would and we do it on stage, Mika was on the floor looking the choregraphy, we do it 2 times, the second was better :thumb_yello:

After we go to wear our costumes, the BG costume was to large for me but it was ok because I seem bigger with, and it was cool because it permit to me to go to the toilet every 5 minutes :roftl: We go upstairs we sign a conntract, we give to John our concert tickets with the contract, he gave to each girl one pound. We had sandwishs, chips and water for dinner, but I don't eat anything because I wasn't hungry. We were allowed to see the concert until the song "Doctor Jones" begin. We had to wear our coats. At "Doctor Jones" we go backstage, we let our coats, we go to the costumes room in singing "Doctor Jones" that's which had made Yasmine smile. We put our heads and masques, I wasn't nervous. And we go on stage with doing the choregraphy we learned, finally it was good :thumb_yello: We return to the costumes room where we had to wait just before the final song "Lollipop". Yasmine told to have fun on this song and to move our arms and legs, to dance with others and with the musiciens,.... We had lots of fun on this song . I was little affraid to hurt Mika with my big head when he approach me.

It was a great experience and I'm ready to do it again :thumb_yello:

After we had give back the costumes we go to the Mika dressing room and in small group we do a picture with him. He was really happy and he told that our prestation was good and that we are the best LG and BG of this UK tour :wub2: I was affraid because the day before Mika was sad and he was lying on the sofa of his dressing room saying that the show was bad :boxed:

Thanks very much for the details

I'm glad for you!! :huglove:

I hope to live this fantastic experience in a future gig... :wub2:

I can post my experience as a Big Girl here too?It's the same report I wrote on the hammersmith thread but maybe here is more visible and usefull for who likes to try :thumb_yello:

At 4 PM John came outside Apollo and he asked who wanted to be a Big Girl and Lollipop Girl...I was already thinking to try to do a BG (thanks to your reports :blush-anim-cl:)...so I joined the group....but we were too much so not all of us could join.

We went into the Apollo through the backstage door and Mrs P chose us. I couldn't believe it...I was chosen!YAY!!

So the practise began and we had few problems because we were not synchronized and also Mrs P was a bit worry that Mika would get angry because they were a LOT!!!

They had to adjust the costumes and also to find new masks for us.

Then they also decided to show us the stage and while we walked like zombies.....I looked where I was supposed to throw the flower at and I saw Mika laid on the floor that was smiling at us and I almost died!LOL!

Then we got dressed and we went to see the 1st part of the show hiding our costumes with coats (we received many weird looks :teehee:) Then was the time...we went on stage and people in the crowd screamed a lot and we did the zombie part. Yasmine waited for us in the backstage and she said that she didn't saw us but someone told her we did it good!I was proud :thumb_yello:

Then we waited in the dressing room and finally Lollipop arrived!We went on stage again to dance like crazy!!!AMAZING :blush-anim-cl:

After the performance I was going to the dressing room to change my clothes, I was the first in the line, and I saw Imma and she said "thanks" and I smiled at her!Then I saw Mika at the top of the stairs (he was going to enter in his dressroom) and he smiled and said "Well done" I said him "thank you very much for this experience" I was on cloud 9!!

After we change the clothes John brought us into Mika's dressroom. He was smiling even if he seemed tired. We took pictures in groups and I gave him a small present.

Then we said him goodbye and we were outside.

It was AMAZING to be part of the show! I'd like to thank Mrs P and Yasmine because they were great with us! Mika because he deserves the best!! And thanks to the other girls with me!!!

here're 2 pics!

P1080344.jpg

P1080345d.jpg

I can post my experience as a Big Girl here too?It's the same report I wrote on the hammersmith thread but maybe here is more visible and usefull for who likes to try :thumb_yello:

At 4 PM John came outside Apollo and he asked who wanted to be a Big Girl and Lollipop Girl...I was already thinking to try to do a BG (thanks to your reports :blush-anim-cl:)...so I joined the group....but we were too much so not all of us could join.

We went into the Apollo through the backstage door and Mrs P chose us. I couldn't believe it...I was chosen!YAY!!

So the practise began and we had few problems because we were not synchronized and also Mrs P was a bit worry that Mika would get angry because they were a LOT!!!

They had to adjust the costumes and also to find new masks for us.

Then they also decided to show us the stage and while we walked like zombies.....I looked where I was supposed to throw the flower at and I saw Mika laid on the floor that was smiling at us and I almost died!LOL!

Then we got dressed and we went to see the 1st part of the show hiding our costumes with coats (we received many weird looks :teehee:) Then was the time...we went on stage and people in the crowd screamed a lot and we did the zombie part. Yasmine waited for us in the backstage and she said that she didn't saw us but someone told her we did it good!I was proud :thumb_yello:

Then we waited in the dressing room and finally Lollipop arrived!We went on stage again to dance like crazy!!!AMAZING :blush-anim-cl:

After the performance I was going to the dressing room to change my clothes, I was the first in the line, and I saw Imma and she said "thanks" and I smiled at her!Then I saw Mika at the top of the stairs (he was going to enter in his dressroom) and he smiled and said "Well done" I said him "thank you very much for this experience" I was on cloud 9!!

After we change the clothes John brought us into Mika's dressroom. He was smiling even if he seemed tired. We took pictures in groups and I gave him a small present.

Then we said him goodbye and we were outside.

It was AMAZING to be part of the show! I'd like to thank Mrs P and Yasmine because they were great with us! Mika because he deserves the best!! And thanks to the other girls with me!!!

here're 2 pics!

P1080344.jpg

P1080345d.jpg

More lovely pics! :wub2:

We've been so lucky to take part in his shows....I said that to Yasmine too.

More lovely pics! :wub2:

We've been so lucky to take part in his shows....I said that to Yasmine too.

indeed :thumb_yello:

they kepet telling us thanks...and I kept telling them thanks...:roftl:

here's a copy of what i posted in the gig report thread:

like i wrote on twitter, i was a big girl - if you see pix, the one with the green corset and pink head. there were 11 BGs and 4 LGs, mrs p was sooo lovely, she made sure everyone who applied could do it, they adjusted the costumes a bit so they'd fit us "small big girls". :biggrin2:

all those backstage preparations were a fantastic experience, and we even got to see parts of the soundcheck. the bits on stage went by so fast that i hardly can remember anything. jimmy kneeled in front of me, and later tried to see who was under the mask but no idea whether he recognized me. :naughty:

afterwards we quickly got to take a pic with mika (in 2 groups cause we were so many), but unfortunately ours was taken with the camera from a girl who won't come online until thursday. :aah: didn't really get to talk with him, it was rather a general "thank you" saying from both sides.

me as a big girl. :naughty:

biggirl01.jpgbiggirl02.jpg

btw, while reading bits+pieces of this thread in the last few days, i noticed that some of you were wondering why there were so many slim big girls (or "small big girls", as mrs p calls them :naughty:) - don't know if this has been answered yet, but to tell you my version of the story...

there were lots applying for lollipop girl that evening, but they had only 4 LG costumes. mrs p chose the LGs first, those with the smallest clothing sizes, and then she said, if we have enough costumes, you can all be BGs. they only have a very limited amount of small BG corsets though (i think 2), and for the rest of us, mrs p decided she would have the costumes changed. she said at one time something like that all the BG costumes used to be to small, and now they're all too big. :teehee: she was so sweet, she didn't want to turn down any of us! :wub2: i even said to her one time that it wouldn't be a problem for me if it's not possible and i'd just go and watch the gig instead, but she said it's ok, i could stay, they'd find a solution.

the 2 small BG costumes would've fit me, but they were already given to lillibet and someone else, and there were 2 or 3 more girls who were too small, so they just changed the costumes for us. :wub2: the knickers fit me just fine though, for once my big hips came in handy. :naughty: and those frilly things make you look big indeed, lol! :roftl:

DSC05826.jpg

DSC058301.jpg

Some stills from a video

IMG_1060_1__0005.jpg

IMG_1060_1__0003.jpg

IMG_1060_1__0016.jpg

bowwithMika.jpg

I still can't get over the last one where I'm taking a bow with Mika!!! Seems so unreal!! Completely amazing though! :mf_lustslow:

Archived