Tell your experience as a Big Girl or Lollipop Girl!

macboll

A thread intitled 'Want to dance on stage with Mika?' was opened several days ago. Many people seem to be interested in Big Girls' and Lollipop Girls' experiences.

Fans who have already been Big Girls or Lollipop Girls could relate their experiences, post photos, etc.

It would be useful for those who would like to become BG or LG too and nice memories to recollect, don't you think?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I guess i could do it again... It's going to be a bit of a long story

Okay, so I was asked by John to get together a few girls to be big girls at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney last year. We ended up getting 5 of us for Mrs P to look at: myself, miabest, miabests's sister, Italian Princess and Rosinakiwi. Mrs P later measured us up by wrapping the corsets around us, amd then we had to decide wo was going to step down. Rebecca, miabest's sister ended up leaving as she wanted her sister to go for it.

After we knew what costumes we were going to have, John took us to the stage to meet Owen, Mika's tech who looks after the keyboard and stuff. He took us up on the raised part of the stage and told us that although it wobbled, it was safe. He then told us which side we would end up entering the stage from, where to stand, and reminded us to stay away from the lights on the stage as they could burn. He then got down and we had to dance for him, and he told us what to do ("Make sure you do really big movements!", "Shake your arse and tits girls!" etc). He also told us what he and John would do to signal that we could go on stage (Owen would shine a light to John, he'd shine it back and we would go on stage). When he was happy with our dancing, we got off the stage and we went back to the line to wait. Around 6:30, John came back and got us, and we sat down backstage and watched people walk past (incl. Mika, Jimmy, Martin, etc). Mr P came up to us and gave us the fishnet stockings and the frilly underwear and we went to get them on, then we went to where the costumes were and we got into the corsets.

We then waited around while people wandered around and Jimmy gave us the UV paint to look after. We talked about what we were going todo on stage and talked about being nervous (I was the worst for that, I'm so shy usually and get so nervous in front of crowds!) Yasmine later came and put the paint on our faces and told us to keep our hair away from the paint till we got on stage.

When the intro had started, Mrs P found us and we had to go to our sides of the stage and wait till we got our cue. We got to watch Mika step onto the raised stage, but had to move down while he got changed, then we got to watch the show from the side. miabest and I were singing, dancing and smiling, and Mia got a smile from Jimmy.

When Big Girl came on, we got ready to go, and when we got to the part we had to go on stage we raced up there and when the crowd saw us the yscreamed really loudly! I saw a few of the Aussies that were with me and I waved to one (and got caught on video doing it!) We basically did what Owen told us- we shook our arses and tits, and kept jumping and dancing. When it got near the end, we clapped along with the band, and then when the song finished, we paused, then got off stage (and I almost fell down the stairs in the process! Lucky Owen was there to help out!)

We then raced down, got out of the outfits and into our own clothes, and went back into the venue. I stayed with some friends near the door, and the others went towards the front.

After the concert, I had Aussies and the American MFCer come up and say how well I did, and david gave me a high five when I told him I was a big girl!

Okies, here's some pictures:

I'm second from the right in the green corset:

17868_440959545437_895020437_10729222_4698019_n.jpg

13858_183719693061_736873061_3169090_6849090_n.jpg

Video (there's a few floating around on Youtube):

Thank you for great report! :thumb_yello:

I have no experience yet..sadly..

but i really wanna do lollipop girl for his upcoming 2nd Seoul gig in this summer-yes still have to wait about 4 months..

its tragedy to me can't wait!!!- so I'd like to listen to the advice of experienced many big girls & lollipop girls!

I'm well looking forward to seeing amazing reports.:yay::biggrin2::mf_lustslow:

I will be more then happy to tell my experience. I was a BG twice. NYC and Philly. Just don't have time this minute. :aah:

HollyD was a BG in NYC with me. The other two girls weren't MFC'ers.

In Philly there was another MFC'er and the name is escaping me right now :blush-anim-cl:

Bye

Thanks for your report! :thumb_yello: You were the one who gave me this idea of a thread actually :naughty:

Oh really??? Well, there you go!

Im not sure we have had that many up there ... a few for sure .. more to follow this tour hopefully :biggrin2:

We've had quite a few...

Véronique is a good person to ask. She was Lollipop Girl like, 4 times. Sivan has been a Lollipop Girl. LadyGodiva too...(where is she nowadays??)

I forgot about LadyGodiva... I haven't seen her on here in a long time..

And when I think of Sivan as a lollipop girl, I see her in the costume with the head from the chicken costume on her head :teehee:

Biekje & Mikafish BG's last night...

Awww yay!

I will be more then happy to tell my experience. I was a BG twice. NYC and Philly. Just don't have time this minute. :aah:

HollyD was a BG in NYC with me. The other two girls weren't MFC'ers.

In Philly there was another MFC'er and the name is escaping me right now :blush-anim-cl:

Bye

And Holly and I wore the same costume..

Would love to hear your stories, and you have to put as much detail in your stories as I have :teehee:

AWWWWWWWWWW YAY!!!!

I'm so glad you're a proper fan again! And I loved the story! Are there any vids of you on stage??? I would love to see what you got up to on stage!

That put a smile on my face!

AWWWWWWWWWW YAY!!!!

I'm so glad you're a proper fan again! And I loved the story! Are there any vids of you on stage??? I would love to see what you got up to on stage!

That put a smile on my face!

Yeah, I was a bit fed up with it all, since the cancellations and the moving gigs thing...but wowwww did Meeks made up for that in Dublin!!! :fangurl:

videos yes:

From Tiibet is the best one:

Found this one too:

There you can see Jimmy go on his knees for me:teehee:

WOW!!!!!!!!!! That sounds like an amazing experience. My sister wants us to be BG's (if chosen) when we go to the glasgow gig and i wasnt too sure, but after reading your report i think i might change my mind:wub2:

Yeah, I was a bit fed up with it all, since the cancellations and the moving gigs thing...but wowwww did Meeks made up for that in Dublin!!! :fangurl:

videos yes:

From Tiibet is the best one:

Found this one too:

There you can see Jimmy go on his knees for me:teehee:

It's great how he can surprise you and make you a fan again... all it took for me was a tweet and a bunch of flowers :teehee::wub2:

ZOMG THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!! :fangurl: You're sooo lucky!!!! :biggrin2:

And you know, Jimmy has said that he is a sucker for girls in corsets :teehee::wub2:

It's great how he can surprise you and make you a fan again... all it took for me was a tweet and a bunch of flowers :teehee::wub2:

ZOMG THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!! :fangurl: You're sooo lucky!!!! :biggrin2:

And you know, Jimmy has said that he is a sucker for girls in corsets :teehee::wub2:

That tweet and those flowers were awesome :D

He is the sweetest thing, aint he!!!

:fangurl:

Yeah, he tweeted that to me:wub2::teehee:

We are the luckiest girlies in the world!:wub2:

Thank you so much for starting this thread! I really treasured my experience as a BG, so I was even considering starting a thread myself. Thanks for beating me to it, haha!

Anyway, hello to all of my fellow Big Girls! :wave: And to the Lollipop Girls as well. :wink2: I was the BG in pink at the Vancouver, BC show on October 27th. It was the last show of the North American tour, and my last chance to get up there and do it! I wrote a rather lengthy report on the experience in the original gig thread, so I won't retype every detail. Here's the link to my report:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2613457&postcount=6

Here are a few photos, starting with a group shot of all of the Vancouver Big Girls!

DSCN1622-2.jpg

Yasmine gave us our "war paint".

DSCN1626-1.jpg

I was really rocking those neon stripes, LOL!

DSCN1630-1.jpg

If you don't have time to read my complete review, I'll just share a few things about the experience. First of all, I am completely shocked that I had the guts to do it! :roftl: I'm terribly shy about my body, and would never leave the house in such an outfit, let alone dance in front of hundreds of strangers! I'm still not sure why I decided to do it. Probably because such wonderful reports kept rolling in from MFCers who had danced onstage earlier in the tour. They had so much fun, and such lovely pictures, I just had to get in on the excitement! Also, I'd had a very difficult year healthwise, and a shocking diagnosis that has really encouraged me to live life to the fullest, and go for what I want. So that's just what I did!

I tracked John down after the Seattle concert, and flat out asked him if I could dance in the Vancouver show (which is very unlike me, btw). He said to meet him at 5pm the next day at the venue. You bet your buns I was there, with a smile on my face, and tons of enthusiasm! (Christine and Mana will attest to that, lol!) John took me to meet Mama P, and she gave her approval. The getting ready process was hectic (and challenged my modesty) but I wouldn't trade the memories for the world! Mama P was so wonderful and encouraging. She wanted us to be comfortable, and was happy to adjust, and readjust my costume until I could breathe. :naughty:

Now, what I really appreciated about Mika, his family, and his crew, was the level of RESPECT with which we were treated. Like I said before, I am very modest and shy in regard to my body, but never once did I feel judged or disrepected by anyone. Maybe it's more of a reflection of my poor self esteem, but going into this, I felt like no one really wanted to see a fat girl in a burlesque costume, and that they must really think that it's gross. On the contrary, everyone told us that we looked beautiful, and I believed that they genuinely meant it. The crowd cheered, I danced, and it ended up being a very liberating, joyful experience.

Maybe I'm sharing a bit too much of my personal feelings, but I hope it helps ease the fears of someone who is too shy or ashamed to do it. I say, if you have any desire at all to become a Big Girl, DO IT! You won't regret it, I promise! It's over in just a couple of minutes, and you'll be so proud of yourself for donning the corset and fishnets. I promise! :biggrin2:

(Ironically, my main reason for not entering the WAG video competition was that I didn't think Mika would want to see me dance in my underwear. Then I end up dancing onstage with him in underwear! Go figure...)

Yeah, I guess i could do it again... It's going to be a bit of a long story

I'm second from the right in the green corset:

13858_183719693061_736873061_3169090_6849090_n.jpg

The yellow is the one I wore on Thursday. I'll try and get my post to quote here.

Ooops, wrong picture!

Archived