Tell your experience as a Big Girl or Lollipop Girl!

macboll

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I managed to be a big girl in Brighton! It was an experience I want to recommend to everyone! Mika, his mum, sister Yasmine and John were just amazing and the atmosphere between all of us - big and lollipop girls very cheerful and friendly! I'd say this is something every Mika female fan should experience at least once!

Here's me as a (not so) big girl:thumb_yello:

SDC12733.jpg

and here's the photo I'd been waiting for ever since I became a Mika fan:wink2:

SDC12735.jpg

I managed to be a big girl in Brighton! It was an experience I want to recommend to everyone! Mika, his mum, sister Yasmine and John were just amazing and the atmosphere between all of us - big and lollipop girls very cheerful and friendly! I'd say this is something every Mika female fan should experience at least once!

SDC12733.jpg

SDC12735.jpg

You were absolutely beautiful as not to big girl :wub2:

And the pic with MIka is amazing!When did you take it?

Contgrats :blush-anim-cl::mf_lustslow:

Thank you for the nice words! My Mika photo was taken after the concert just outside the wardrobes. He was lovely, I gave him a little gift which he opened instantly and seemed to like, and because it was from Egypt,asked me who won the Egypt-England football match that evening. We had a short proper conversation, he signed my TBWKTM cd writing my name there as well and we took a photo. Well,what more can a fan dream of? I'm trying not to be too fangurlie,telling myself he's the age of my younger brother but, you know, sometimes you just can't help it!

Thank you for the nice words! My Mika photo was taken after the concert just outside the wardrobes. He was lovely, I gave him a little gift which he opened instantly and seemed to like, and because it was from Egypt,asked me who won the Egypt-England football match that evening. We had a short proper conversation, he signed my TBWKTM cd writing my name there as well and we took a photo. Well,what more can a fan dream of? I'm trying not to be too fangurlie,telling myself he's the age of my younger brother but, you know, sometimes you just can't help it!

That's great! :wub2: I'm so glad for you! :huglove:

Happened something similar to me too on mrch 1st and I can understand how great is that!To give him a present that he opens just right away that he also likes...plus....chatting with him! You also get the "bonus" of a single pic together!Lucky you!

I'm so glad you had that chance :thumb_yello:

Lovely story and lovely pictures.

I dodn't think you can go far wrong with a bit of well placed fangurliness :)

I'll try and write a bit about my two times as a BG this tour (at Hammersmith on 28 Feb and Brighton on 3rd Mar) , but in the meantime I think that the highlight can be summarised by what Mika did to/with me at 3:05 on this video:

When he decided to spontaneously pull me out of the zombie line and proceeded to drag me to the front of the stage for a little "dance", and then ditched me again in the middle of the stage :roftl:.

I had no clue of what he wanted me to do, and couldn't see crap, so excuse me if I look utterly confused and pathetic :lmfao:

When he decided to spontaneously pull me out of the zombie line and proceeded to drag me to the front of the stage for a little "dance", and then ditched me again in the middle of the stage :roftl:.

I had no clue of what he wanted me to do, and couldn't see crap, so excuse me if I look utterly confused and pathetic :lmfao:

I thought that you coped with it amazingly well.

At least you didn't freeze or faint!

I'll try and write a bit about my two times as a BG this tour (at Hammersmith on 28 Feb and Brighton on 3rd Mar) , but in the meantime I think that the highlight can be summarised by what Mika did to/with me at 3:05 on this video:

He just wanted to dance alone with you. tender.gif

I thought that you coped with it amazingly well.

At least you didn't freeze or faint!

Thank you :blush-anim-cl:

But yes, that was about the only thing that I didn't do :lmfao: At least when we chatted to PapaP after Brighton he said that it looked ok and they found it funny, and that I had done alright, so that was fine :naughty:

He just wanted to dance alone with you. tender.gif

Well, clearly :mf_rosetinted:

You looked very cute actually! :naughty:

You looked very cute actually! :naughty:

Thank you :roftl:. You know how these things are: when you watch yourself, you just cringe :aah:.

When it happened, I remember that I wasn't processing much of it.

We were just walking past him, doing our thing, and I saw him standing there and thought "why is he not lying down?". He was meant to be on the floor, lying "dead", but of course I didn't realise then that the march had gone on for so long that he'd already started the intro to the song, so when I walked past I was just focusing on throwing the flower at the right time and just carrying on.

Everything happened really fast, and suddenly I felt a really strong grip on my arm, and next thing I could see, I was at the front of the stage with Mika next to me. He kept hold of my hand and was just staring me down through the mask :lmfao:

All I could see were his eyes, and I remember thinking that he had exactly the same expression that he had when he was singing Love Today in Toronto in January 2008, as I remember from my videos. I don't even understand why it reminded me of THAT look, because I've seen his eyes plenty of times since then, and in different ocasions and circumstances, but it must be something that has to do with the intensity that he gets in his expression when he sings, or his mood when he does that song, or something along those lines.

It's quite interesting, I think.

Anyway, I just saw his manic look staring straight at me through the mask, and all I could think was "dont' make a fool of yourself and/or him" :naughty:. So I just started moving, and moving I carried on when he left me there, and Jimmy and Imma came to the rescue.

It was a lot of fun, but also a bit nerve wrecking, as I didnt have the faintest idea of wtf he was expecting me to do :aah:.

Incidentally, this is the video that I took in Toronto, where he has the same look:

The look that he had in his eyes at Hammersmith reminded me of his expression at 2:31 and especially at 2:55 :wub2:

That wild look was all that I could see through the mask :lmfao:

Thank you :roftl:. You know how these things are: when you watch yourself, you just cringe :aah:.

When it happened, I remember that I wasn't processing much of it.

We were just walking past him, doing our thing, and I saw him standing there and thought "why is he not lying down?". He was meant to be on the floor, lying "dead", but of course I didn't realise then that the march had gone on for so long that he'd already started the intro to the song, so when I walked past I was just focusing on throwing the flower at the right time and just carrying on.

Everything happened really fast, and suddenly I felt a really strong grip on my arm, and next thing I could see, I was at the front of the stage with Mika next to me. He kept hold of my hand and was just staring me down through the mask :lmfao:

All I could see were his eyes, and I remember thinking that he had exactly the same expression that he had when he was singing Love Today in Toronto in January 2008, as I remember from my videos. I don't even understand why it reminded me of THAT look, because I've seen his eyes plenty of times since then, and in different ocasions and circumstances, but it must be something that has to do with the intensity that he gets in his expression when he sings, or his mood when he does that song, or something along those lines.

Anyway, I just saw his manic look staring straight at me through the mask, and all I could think was "dont' make a fool of yourself and/or him" :naughty:. So I just started moving, and moving I carried on when he left me there, and Jimmy and Imma came to the rescue.

It was a lot of fun, but also a bit nerve wrecking, as I didnt have the faintest idea of wtf he was expecting me to do :aah:.

Incidentally, this is the video that I took in Toronto, where he has the same look:

The look that he had in his eyes at Hammersmith reminded me of his expression at 2:31 and especially at 2:55 :wub2:

That wild look was all that I could see through the mask :lmfao:

I bet it was nerve wracking! But think about it.. you get to see him up close and personal while he's singing... not too many people can say it...

And loved your singing in the vid BTW :teehee:

I just saw his manic look staring straight at me through the mask, and all I could think was "dont' make a fool of yourself and/or him" :naughty:

:floor:

Thank you for helping us imagine what happened that night... I can totally picture Mika hypnotizing you....:hypo:

That wild look was all that I could see through the mask

:lmfao:

and this one at 2:55 definitely helped me imagine it.:lmao:

I saw his face when he was staring at you, and he looked so wild and hypnotizing :roftl: That's why I was so sure he knew it was you. And I could recognize you easily, so I was sure he did too.

The way he grabbed your arm was quite hilarious, it happened so fast :biggrin2: You handled it really well :thumb_yello:

SDC12733.jpg

SDC12735.jpg

These pics are gorgeous!!!!!! :wub2:

Thanks everyone for your pics and reports!! :thumb_yello: Love reading them...

I don't really know what to say :aah:

I loved being on stage, I loved how I didn't feel insecure in the outfit! Very weird! I NEVER wear sleeveless shirts and such and still it didn't bother me one bit :naughty: The masks weren't as bad as I expected either! I tend to be somewhat claustrophobic but no problems there! :thumb_yello: If you wear glasses like me tho, it's a bit difficult to see. You can see through the masks, and underneath them (to see where you are walking), but the problem is that if you look down, you look under your glasses so you can't see the floor either... Well, at least not if your eyesight's very bad. Mine is, so. The corset wasn't bad either... I could breathe just fine until I was standing in the venue with that big wintercoat and people around me... But that was more because of the heat I think...

What I did have tho, was the ... how do you call it! That little tutu pants thingy you're wearing :aah: it irritated my skin, that did hurt a bit but that's probably just me. I can't stand lace etc either.

But then being on stage! Oh man I loved it! I loved seeing the audience and how happy they all were! All laughing, clapping their hands, that's quite a sight!

What I can say, is: if you're only going to one gig: DON'T DO IT! I used to think that I would do it even if I went to only one gig, but I can surely say now I really really wouldn't. Not only because you miss songs, and mostly the ones with the show elements, but also because you're thinking ahead like: omg, when is dr john going to be on? Will we get out of the crowd? Will I screw up on stage and trip or something? I'm sure not everyone will have these thoughts, but I did, and that's no fun! :naughty:

But yeah, I'm glad I got to experience it, and the people backstage are very nice. Especially Mrs. P is very nice. Asking if the corset isn't too tight and such :thumb_yello: I feel like I still can't believe it tho... My friends can't either :aah: It still has to sink in :aah:

I don't really know what to say :aah:

I loved being on stage, I loved how I didn't feel insecure in the outfit! Very weird! I NEVER wear sleeveless shirts and such and still it didn't bother me one bit :naughty: The masks weren't as bad as I expected either! I tend to be somewhat claustrophobic but no problems there! :thumb_yello: If you wear glasses like me tho, it's a bit difficult to see. You can see through the masks, and underneath them (to see where you are walking), but the problem is that if you look down, you look under your glasses so you can't see the floor either... Well, at least not if your eyesight's very bad. Mine is, so. The corset wasn't bad either... I could breathe just fine until I was standing in the venue with that big wintercoat and people around me... But that was more because of the heat I think...

What I did have tho, was the ... how do you call it! That little tutu pants thingy you're wearing :aah: it irritated my skin, that did hurt a bit but that's probably just me. I can't stand lace etc either.

But then being on stage! Oh man I loved it! I loved seeing the audience and how happy they all were! All laughing, clapping their hands, that's quite a sight!

What I can say, is: if you're only going to one gig: DON'T DO IT! I used to think that I would do it even if I went to only one gig, but I can surely say now I really really wouldn't. Not only because you miss songs, and mostly the ones with the show elements, but also because you're thinking ahead like: omg, when is dr john going to be on? Will we get out of the crowd? Will I screw up on stage and trip or something? I'm sure not everyone will have these thoughts, but I did, and that's no fun! :naughty:

But yeah, I'm glad I got to experience it, and the people backstage are very nice. Especially Mrs. P is very nice. Asking if the corset isn't too tight and such :thumb_yello: I feel like I still can't believe it tho... My friends can't either :aah: It still has to sink in :aah:

Sounds great! im glad you made it :thumb_yello::huglove:

Do we think there will still be a call for BGs and LGs in the shows in Europe? And is it too greedy to want another turn?

Well, Yasmine asked one of the girls (that they turned down) what other gig she would be at, and said she could be a bg there. So I guess they'll still search for volunteers:thumb_yello:

Archived