REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ Hammersmith Apollo, London FEB 28 2010

Fmbm

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi :)

I understand yr point of view and I'm really sorry you couldn't enjoy the gig :(

I was in the circle as well, as I cannot stand for long, but I did stand up during a few songs; as I did it outside the sitting area, I don't think I annoyed anyone

Maybe next time you could sit at the side or tell the venue about yr problem and ask for a seated place in the first rows or in the disabled area.

Which row where you sitting in?

Has anyone got other advice?

Thanks for your reply. I was row V on Sunday (and K on Monday).

PS: lovely group pictures girls!

finally finished uploading all my pix. and uploaded some by statue_of_liberty on my website as well, with her approval of course - her pix are really fab! here they are: http://www.mikafanclub.de/bilder-london03a.php

and some of my faves:

london-feb28-06.jpg

why does he always have red eyes?! :aah:

london-feb28-12.jpg

someone will like this pic i guess?! :biggrin2:

london-feb28-15.jpg

london-feb28-18.jpg

london-feb28-26.jpg

and pix by statue_of_liberty:

london-feb28-29.jpg

london-feb28-30.jpg

london-feb28-40.jpg

london-feb28-41.jpg

london-feb28-43.jpg

I love your camera, Karin :wub2:

don't mix it up, except for the first one, all the concert pix i posted are by saskia (statue_of_liberty) - much better camera! :bleh: but seeing that i watched this gig from the back, the few pix i took aren't that bad either. :naughty:

but saskia's pix are really fantastic! :shocked: half of mine always turn out blurry, but hers are completely clear, no idea how she does it! :aah:

don't mix it up, except for the first one, all the concert pix i posted are by saskia (statue_of_liberty) - much better camera! :bleh: but seeing that i watched this gig from the back, the few pix i took aren't that bad either. :naughty:

but saskia's pix are really fantastic! :shocked: half of mine always turn out blurry, but hers are completely clear, no idea how she does it! :aah:

Well I've always loved your pictures and videos :naughty:

He has some seriously dilated pupils there. Either he put some sort of drops in after the show, or he's looking at something (or someone :das:) that he finds really nice to look at. :roftl:

Thanks for sharing!

Not to mention the fact that it's dark as well lol :roftl:

He has some seriously dilated pupils there. Either he put some sort of drops in after the show, or he's looking at something (or someone :das:) that he finds really nice to look at. :roftl:

Thanks for sharing!

that's just my red-eye-removal-tool! :aah:

here's the original pic: :naughty:

red-eyes.jpg

that's just my red-eye-removal-tool! :aah:

here's the original pic: :naughty:

http://www.mikafanclub.de/misc/red-eyes.jpg

Y'know I considered that, but then I realized - it's almost always the pupils that reflect light in the way that causes red-eye in pics, not the irises. So even though his irises are relatively dark, it still looks like he has ginormous pupils in your un-edited pic. :teehee:

The pupils are not really ginormous though. :naughty: I had to edit a lot of photos for a cat rescue site and they get "cat eye" the same way. I could try to fix that one up but it's actually pretty bad. I'm surprised because it's usually blue eyed people who have this problem and darker eyes not so bad.

The pupils are not really ginormous though. :naughty: I had to edit a lot of photos for a cat rescue site and they get "cat eye" the same way. I could try to fix that one up but it's actually pretty bad. I'm surprised because it's usually blue eyed people who have this problem and darker eyes not so bad.

on the group pic we took with him in hanover, he's actually the only one who DOESN'T have red eyes! :aah: maybe he can change the colour of his pupils from black to red as he pleases. :lmfao:

i'm starting to get silly, time for bed i guess. :naughty:

Thank you everyone for yr great reports, pics and videos!! :wub2::wub2::wub2:

This is my little contribution:

Mika Hammersmith Apollo London 28.2.2010 Report

1st London gig: another dream come true!

Flew to London again after 30 years: couldn't wait!

Fantastic gig, great energy, voice at the top: had the time of my life!

Although i was in the circle I was totally carried away by him from beginning to end: had eyes only for him :mf_lustslow:

did hardly notice anyone/anything else on stage (scenography, book etc.) - watched on pics/videos - danced a lot and sang my lungs out

I enjoyed all the songs, especially AOW - ISY - DR JOHN - HE - RAIN - WAG - LT

missed PUOTF

I didn't notice any technical issues, a part from the smoke; it was great when he asked for our help because of them :fangurl:

It was lovely seeing the girls from the Italian thread, and Avoca and Mellody again and meeting Darklight for the 1st time! :wub2:

Unfortunately i didn't have the chance to get to know anyone else of you who were there and whom I've never met so far.

Hope I'll have an opportunity to do it soon.

I wanted to come on the following day as well but couldn't make it.

Didn't wait for Mika after the gig, as I was knackered and my sis was waiting for me.

Oh she told me she liked this gig better than Sadlers Wells'… she said it was more amusing :biggrin2:

A huge thank you to Mika, his lovely family and all the people who work with and for him, to my hubby, my sis and to everybody who contributed to make this night unique and amazing: another precious memory to treasure.

Every Mika's gig is special, magic and unforgettable in its own way: Mika never disappoints.

A weird and hilarious note: my sis had to give instructions to cabbie, as he had no idea where the venue was and how to get there :blink::naughty:

A few pics thanks to my sis: http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh227/mari62_album/Mika%20Hammersmith%20Apollo%20London%2028022010/

thank you Emka! :bow:....nice, nice pics! :wub2:....and wonderful vids!

Thanks, I'm glad you like my pics :wink2:

finally finished uploading all my pix. and uploaded some by statue_of_liberty on my website as well, with her approval of course - her pix are really fab! here they are: http://www.mikafanclub.de/bilder-london03a.php

and some of my faves:

why does he always have red eyes?! :aah:

london-feb28-12.jpg

someone will like this pic i guess?! :biggrin2:

london-feb28-15.jpg

london-feb28-18.jpg

london-feb28-26.jpg

and pix by statue_of_liberty:

london-feb28-29.jpg

london-feb28-30.jpg

london-feb28-40.jpg

london-feb28-41.jpg

london-feb28-43.jpg

Thank you, beautiful pics! :biggrin2:

on the group pic we took with him in hanover, he's actually the only one who DOESN'T have red eyes! :aah: maybe he can change the colour of his pupils from black to red as he pleases. :lmfao:

i'm starting to get silly, time for bed i guess. :naughty:

He wears contacts, right? could influence it. I know it did when I used to wear contacts.

(now I had eye surgery and I'm footloose and fancy free) :teehee:

Aw, what a sight. I really love to see him say he finds something amazing when he really means it. You can see he meant it there. :blush-anim-cl:

I really hope that someday I'll find something to make him look like that, too. :aah:

Oh, Kevin, I just watched this now, but HOW FANTASTIC was his reaction???????

When you think about how much joy he brings us all, it was nice to give just a little bit back and give him something that made HIM happy.