Mika's new "kick-ass" single

LilStar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realised I could use my car to promote it! It's a Ford KA, and it's one of the special editions with the name on both sides as well as the back. So on the sides I can add an MI to the KA, and on the back I can add ICK after the K and SS after the A.

Et Voila. A MIKA KICK ASS car! :thumb_yello::roftl:

:lmfao: This is definitely a "You know you're a Mika fan when..." :lmfao:

That is awesome. :lmfao:

Alcohol and films are two very different things so I understand the whole "serving alcohol to a minor is more offensive than letting some underrage into a film" - but the fact is that they're both illegal, whether people think it's ridiculous or not. (Not aimed at you, customers have exclaimed that it's ridiculous but seriously, THAT IS WHY THERE IS AN AGE RESTRICTION. Are people genuinely that thick? No you cannot give your consent. It is the law, and that is that, you moron.)

It frustrates me that people think it isn't such a big deal to let underrage kids in. Call me old fashioned but I never went to a film I was too young to see. In fact, when we got Titanic on VHS (it was a 12 here, I think I was about 10 when it came out), my parents watched the film first to decide if I was mature enough to watch it myself. People think they can get away with anything these days and it really gets under my skin.

I know this probably ain't the right place. But I completely agree with you about the whole people trying to get into a film that they are too young to see. I have NEVER tried to get into a film I was underage to see. Even when I was 14 and wanted to see a 15, I didn't try it. At the end of the day it's age restricted for a reason and I've always understood that. Plus wait a year and you can buy it on DVD when you're the right age. It's like I'm 17 this year, I wouldn't try and get into an 18 film, the same as I wouldn't try and buy alcohol because the age limit is law.

And I realllyyyy want to see Kick-Ass. I've told my friends I'm going to have a rave at the end to Mika, so they are warned about it. :biggrin2:

Just seen the film which we found most entertaining.

Shame the song was at the very end, as the cinema was full for the film and by the time the song came on we were the only ones left and the attendants were waiting to sweep up! We stuck it out though and they very patiently waited for us to leave and seemed to enjoy the song themselves.

If only the song was at the beginning or actually in the film though, as very few people will get to hear it at the cinema. :sad:

What you said !! :teehee: We saw the film yesterday and were the only 2 to stay right 'til the end. I was sat in my seat singing away (snuggled up in my MIKA hoody) but did feel a little bit sorry for the attendants waiting to clear up :blush-anim-cl:

Oh by the way, I walked into Kick Ass and it was towards the end. People started walking out during the first song in the credits, but 4 people stayed and listened to Kick Ass. Actually, one was an old man and he walked out halfway through the song lol :roftl: But the other three were together and I thought perhaps they're Mika fans, but they stayed to see if there was any bonus footage at the end but there wasn't...but hey. They stayed, they heard Mika, and that's all I care about :roftl:

I was gonna tell them the release date but then I thought they might think I'm weird, so I decided against it :aah:

I almost felt like I had to justify why we hadn't already left - but thought it would make me look like a bit of a freak LOL :freak:

The youtube vids of Mika's Kick-Ass are still gaining popularity around the globe.

The video are most popular with Females 13-17, females 18-24 & males 18-24 years of age.

Kick Ass Mika!!

I was watching one of the official vids the other day (not the one on Mikasounds because that's not there now) and noticed two comments from people, one who had never heard of Mika, and now think he's great. That one had obviously looked up his other work and now loves his music.

The other was from someone who had heard of Mika, but had not been impressed at the time, but now is very impressed with KA and confessed to starting to love his other work!

That is all amazing!

There is some idiot there who keeps dissing Mika and is there about every fourth comment, but he's getting his ass kicked and his every argument against the mighty M is getting answered really well by others. So he is only showing himself up to be the moron he obviously is! It's all good!

I was watching one of the official vids the other day (not the one on Mikasounds because that's not there now) and noticed two comments from people, one who had never heard of Mika, and now think he's great. That one had obviously looked up his other work and now loves his music.

The other was from someone who had heard of Mika, but had not been impressed at the time, but now is very impressed with KA and confessed to starting to love his other work!

That is all amazing!

There is some idiot there who keeps dissing Mika and is there about every fourth comment, but he's getting his ass kicked and his every argument against the mighty M is getting answered really well by others. So he is only showing himself up to be the moron he obviously is! It's all good!

Aww, that's good to hear :aah:

And yeah, i hate people who keep commenting on his vids and dissing him. I hate it.....but I love reading the comments that people have left in return! I did that once....I got very angry with someone because they'd made a stupid video about how Mika "officially announced he was gay on BBC1"

Which of course turned out to be a complete wind up. It's kinda pathetic really...if they can't say anything nice, then they shouldn't say anything at all! :thumb_yello:

Going to see Kick Ass today, and then am going to buy the soundtrack from HMV afterwards. Will be good :biggrin2:

I'm just wondering how this is going to be the hit it deserves to be...

Hardly anyone who goes to see the film will hear it because they'll have left the cinema by the time it's played over the final end credits.

If people who have seen the film then buy the soundtrack, at least they'll hear it, but then as they'll already have it anyway, they won't buy the single in its own right.

And radio play seems at best minimal. :shocked:

Are there any posters up anywhere - I don't mean film posters, I mean posters for the single - so people (apart from us lot) actually know the song exists? :dunno:

I'd hate to see a good opportunity for Mika slide away...:sad:

That is all amazing!

This is good!

Hardly anyone who goes to see the film will hear it because they'll have left the cinema by the time it's played over the final end credits.

If people who have seen the film then buy the soundtrack, at least they'll hear it, but then as they'll already have it anyway, they won't buy the single in its own right.

Are there any posters up anywhere - I don't mean film posters, I mean posters for the single - so people (apart from us lot) actually know the song exists? :dunno:

This is bad...

I get what you mean....

I don't know if there are any posters, and you're right about people walking out before they hear the song at the end. And also the bit about if they have the album, they won't get the single.

I think we could all help too though. I know that since I heard the song, I haven't shut up about it on Facebook. I've been posting the video loads, putting it as my status, asking people to buy the single when it's available. But really that's all I can do. At least most of my friends are at least aware of it :original:

I don't know about the song being a hit but it's already the most downloaded track from the soundtrack on US and Canadian iTunes so people are buying it without buying the album. I guess we'll see what happens when the film is released in North America.

I don't know about the song being a hit but it's already the most downloaded track from the soundtrack on US and Canadian iTunes so people are buying it without buying the album. I guess we'll see what happens when the film is released in North America.

ORLY? This is good!

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

How astute of you Caz!

Your observations skills are sharp.

:roftl::roftl:

Sorry - I couldn't resist.

You made it so easy.:thumb_yello:

:aah:

Ah, good Pokémon for being my inspiration :biggrin2: (am trying to find video)

Someone (I can't remember who) went on to the Bad Romance by Gaga vid and posted about the Kick Ass vid, and some Gaga fans went on to it and loved it.

I've tried to put mikasounds website and mikafanclub on the comments under KA on YT, but it seems they don't let you do that, which is a shame.

It's wonderful news about KA being the most downloaded track from the album on iTunes in some places! This is just what Mika needs! His wonderful song just HAS to be a hit!

Edited by Marilyn Mastin