But...isn't it supossed that the 21th he will be in Paris for recording some parts of "The Voice"? :blink: mika drives me crazy :insane:

I forgot to add it's a interview, well, it must have been recorded then...

I don't know...all that was posted was about he being the guest of saturday's program and this interview

I read on twitter the program will be aired on TV at 4 pm on chanel 5 but at that time Mika is recording "The Voice". Well, we'll see.:teehee:

Found this on FB (Thanks @Kumazzz for sharing there ^^)

#‎XF7‬ Clamoroso!!!! MIKA ancora in Italia per noi:))!!! Sabato 21 Dicembre la nostra Pop Star sarà ospite del programma Verissimo!

Thanks a lot for posting Bia. :huglove:

Mika svela il segreto del suo look: intervista al giudice di X Factor.

Sabato sarà a Verissimo

http://www.optimaitalia.com/blog/2013/12/18/mika-svela-il-segreto-del-suo-look-intervista-al-giudice-di-x-factor-sabato-sara-a-verissimo/124965

mercoledì, 18 dicembre, 2013 11:40 di Claudia Gagliardi

Mika ospite a Verissimo

Non si arresta il fenomeno Mika:

il personaggio-rivelazione dell’anno continua ad imperversare tra tv e giornali.

Dopo la simpatica intervista con performance live in un medley dei suoi successi a Che Tempo Che Fa, sabato 21 dicembre il giudice di X Factor 7 torna in tv.

Mika sarà ospite a Verissimo, il programma di Silvia Toffanin in onda ogni sabato dalle 16.00 su Canale 5 per un’intervista esclusiva.

Tra gli altri ospiti già annunciati della puntata il cantautore Gianni Morandi e l’attrie Vittoria Belvedere.

Personaggio eclettico e dotato di grande ironia, Mika è ormai l’ospite più richiesto della tv e ricercato dalla stampa.

La popstar, che ha appena concluso la sua avventura a X Factor 7 conquistando il terzo posto per la sua concorrente Violetta Zironi, è in vetta alle classifiche italiane con l’album Song Book Vol.1, raccolta di grandi successi dedicata al pubblico italiano e anticipata dal singolo Stardust, realizzato in featuring con Chiara Galiazzo.

In una recente intervista per Marie Claire, Mika si è raccontato svelando anche qualche aspetto inedito di sè.

Ad esempio, il momento in cui ha capito che la musica sarebbe stata la sua ragione di vita:

“Avevo 15 anni, ed ero sempre stanco perché già cantavo e intanto studiavo – racconta Mika, svelando che ad illuminarlo sulla sua strada fu la mamma – Mi disse: ‘Stai camminando per te stesso. Devi.

Sei tu a creare le basi per il tuo lavoro. Basta lamentarsi!

’“. D’altronde la passione artistica è un comune denominatore in famiglia: “Siamo 5 fratelli tutti cresciuti con l’arte – spiega la popstar – Due sorelle sono designer, mio fratello è architetto“.

Con la talentuosa sorella Jasmine ha anche realizzato due modelli di orologi per Swatch in stile tribale, cimentandosi come designer.

Una passione per l’arte che non conosce confini quella di Mika:

“Sono letteralmente ossessionato dal teatro, dal design, dalla musica… – confessa l’artista, che invece non è un fashion victim come si potrebbe immaginare apprezzando il suo stile sempre impeccabile

– Non sono così amante del fashion, più dell’idea di design che c’è dietro.

E spesso è la mia mamma che mi cura il look“. L’avreste mai detto?

Goodbye Italy, it was a crazy adventure

From the door of the dressing room came up the Mika's disheveled head. He smile and ask me to wait a moment, wetting me with the spray for the plants. :naughty:

While he was waiting for the rehearsals for X Factor, the judge who has changed the face of the show, he revise the episode of the "daily" section, he dresses and chats with the staff. With him there's even his mum, a permanent presence behind the scenes of the program.

"She's part of the team for ten years." he explains. "She creates clothes for me, for the band, for the dancers. She is the head of a laboratory of 15 people: we do everything together, it is the only way in which we can really have fun."

How do you feel, at the end of this journey?

It was a crazy experience. A few months ago I didn't even say "grazie". And now... I can't believe it, the program is finished! I still feel as if I were starting.

During the rehearsals, he looks carefully the performance of his finalist, Violetta. His advice doesn't stop at the accuracy of the singing. Not convinced about a pair of shoes with high heels worn by the girl, he takes them off to her and he make sing her without shoes. But he reassures her from the table of judges: "I am superstitious so do something wrong or at least make a mistake!!"

Have you ever imagined that Violetta would come down to the final of XF?

I was hoping all my singers could arrive at this point of the program. I know that it was unlikely, but you always have to start with that intention. It's ok, I worked with the girls so that each of them earned something from this experience.

If you could go back, would you change something about your choices?

We select the tracks to sing in the competition between hundreds of songs. I mean, I love Adele, it is a friend of mine and my neighbor's house, but I did not want to give her songs. They are too obvious. I was afraid that the show would become a karaoke.

Here in Italy, did you meet someone who will inspire you a song?

I can't reply you yet... BUT there's a person that could even bring me in a new direction.

What Mika can tell us is that he is going to leave Italy immediately after the final of X Factor. First stage in France, where he will make the coach on "The Voice":"We have just recorded the selections for the "battles" : I had with me Kylie Minogue as" special coach "for a whole day, it was amazing!"

Is there a difference between France and Italy?

Here there is more chaos, cheerful anarchy. It is important because you can have fun. Italians leave me to risk. They made me choose songs of Gossip, Dolly Parton, even Passenger that was not even ever heard on the radio. They told me: if it goes wrong it's your fault!

And you were right, "Let Her Go" is at number one in the singles in Italy.

the record company sent me a case of wine! Jokes aside, I'm happy: it is a lovely song, its potential had not yet been exploited.

And after "The Voice"? Holidays?

No, after that I go to LA to record my new album

What can you tell us about the new album?

It will not be electronic. It looks more like the songs that I wrote when I was 21 years old. "The Origin Of Love", my last album, was built and very intricate. Now I change everything.

Meanwhile, the version of "Stardust" with Chiara became a hit. Did you expect it?

Life is strange. I knew that this song was special and, I said it frankly, I quarelled a lot with my record company. They wanted a new song. But it represents perfectly this moment, it sounds great, the voice of Chiara is fabulous.

Better than the original?

I think so, yes!! With Chiara the song has found its home. when you are sure of one thing, you have to take risks.

Will you make some duets with other artists?

"Not as young as her. Someone older. Indeed, much older" :teehee: he smiles, making it clear that there will be something amazing.

How do you feel, at only 30 years, to have a "greatest hits" in the italian chart?

It's a collection of songs, not a "greatest hits"! it is a concept that has no meaning. "Popular Song" has 40 million views on YouTube but in Europe has never passed on the radio. Anyway, I'm going to continue until "Volume 2" and maybe at 85 years I'll do the third.

Are you surprised about the success of the album?

I think it happens because I'm on TV to have fun, not to answer the usual questions.When you are on promotion they are all the same: "Do you like Italy? Do you like the italian food?" At "X Factor" I can be myself, I am very lucky.

Is there a hidden gem in the album that fans have to discover?

"Any Other World" is in the digital version, for me it's very important, it is one of the first songs that I wrote. it has never been a single, but it helped me to find my own style.

Do you still like to sing "Grace Kelly"?

Yes, but I change it every time. In French, on the piano, with a choir, with the orchestra. The songs have a life. You can let them destroy you or make sure that they change with you. It is essential, otherwise everything becomes false.

Will you sing something at the final?

I have an idea and I want to involve the judges. It would not have been the same without these people so colorful and eccentric.

So will you come back next year?

Now I have an album to do and it will take many months. And then a tour. It is not a "yes" or "no." It was a wonderful experience. But I make albums, I'm a musician. And I want to continue to do it.

If there are mistakes please forgive me and let me know so I can change it :wink2:

just translated this in Korean and posted on fanclub also. Thank you! :wub2:

this seems to be another article about his university lecture, including a few more quotes of him and a few more photos (in the link beneath the text): http://www.viasarfatti25.unibocconi.it/notizia.php?idArt=13020

i found these parts interesting, because they contain new/more detailed quotes (translated with an online translator, maybe someone can help with a better translation?):

A few years later the first success, Mika today looks mature eye to the relationship with marketing. "For many years I have renounced any association with any brand and any appearance on TV that was not linked to the promotion of a specific single", he says. "I thought that this strategy purist would have preserved the eyes of the public and the media and it would give me more credibility. But I was wrong. " singer, in fact, realize that the risk of this approach is to see, however, manipulated their image.

(...)

Also, tells how he conceives of the invested last year, its image even in the format X Factor and The Voice . "These are all activities that do not consider it a way to become a prostitute, but a way to raise awareness about my music," said Mika returns.

this seems to be another article about his university lecture, including a few more quotes of him and a few more photos (in the link beneath the text): http://www.viasarfatti25.unibocconi.it/notizia.php?idArt=13020

i found these parts interesting, because they contain new/more detailed quotes (translated with an online translator, maybe someone can help with a better translation?):

A few years later the first success, Mika today looks mature eye to the relationship with marketing. "For many years I have renounced any association with any brand and any appearance on TV that was not linked to the promotion of a specific single", he says. "I thought that this strategy purist would have preserved the eyes of the public and the media and it would give me more credibility. But I was wrong. " singer, in fact, realize that the risk of this approach is to see, however, manipulated their image.

(...)

Also, tells how he conceives of the invested last year, its image even in the format X Factor and The Voice . "These are all activities that do not consider it a way to become a prostitute, but a way to raise awareness about my music," said Mika returns.

It's very interesting, because it's a confirmation that everything MIKA does, he does it for his music :fisch: And I have never doubted that, not at all - he uses the tools he has available, and which works ...:thumb_yello:

Love,love

me

(...)

Thank you Karin for this article! :huglove:

I'll make a translation of it tonight :wink2:

In the maintime....

GBIG_bocc_(1-20131212164826.jpg

GBIG_bocc_(6-20131212163331.jpg

GBIG_bocc_(5-20131212163242.jpg

GBIG_bocc_(3-20131212163117.jpg

GBIG_bocc_(2-20131212163050.jpg

GBIG_2013-12-11_2120131212162738.jpg

It's very interesting, because it's a confirmation that everything MIKA does, he does it for his music :fisch: And I have never doubted that, not at all - he uses the tools he has available, and which works ...:thumb_yello:

Love,love

me

tbh his quote surprises me, because while i never doubted he did it for his music, i thought - still think - it was mainly for earning money for his music. and now he says he did xfactor for raising awareness for his music? sure, it worked in italy... but wouldn't a bunch of tv shows where he actually performed his own music, like the one from last saturday, have done a better job with that? :blink: ok he surely has more options now because of xfactor. but well... i do find this quote surprising, and it makes me even more curious now to hear the whole lecture, as i'd love to know the whole context.

lucrezia, any news about that podcast of the lecture you mentioned? :fisch:

The importance of being Mika

In front of an audience of students at Bocconi University, the singer traces the important steps of his career and the approach to the marketing and promotion of his artistc image

A lesson in marketing that has drawn strength from the story of his life and his professional career. To reiterate a concept: promote the image of artist not only through the music doesn't mean prostitution. This has sought to emphasize Michael Holbrook Penniman, aka Mika, international singer, X Factor judge in Italy and coach of The Voice in France, in front of an audience of students on Acme class and on marketing management, yesterday evening during a meeting at Bocconi. The event was focused "on the relationship between celebrities and the public and on the ethical aspects of marketing," said Andrea Rural, the Bocconi University professor who has organized and moderated the debate.

Mika talked about his inception, about his inability to read music because of dyslexia, about his difficult but optimistic approach to the world of music and to singing schools in London. And digging in consideration of his image as an artist, Mika tells the story of Carolina, a prostitute met by chance in Miami, "a woman in her fifties who worked on the corner of the street from where I spent every night." After years in London, in fact, Mika had moved to Florida. There he frequented a recording studio to record the first demo. In exchange for the rent of the studio, he and the friend with whom he worked on the songs lent their voices to record Latin music. "Carolina fascinated me for her great strength of mind," says Mika. "At the end us and she were doing the same job: we prostitute our voices to have at our disposal the study and out of the darkness. The difference was that I was the beginning of my journey, while she, of course, at the end of her. "

An encounter with a prostitute in Miami gives strength to Mika, so much that the artist returns to London fierce: "I'm ready to fight back with a cheeky sense of confidence in myself. This energy has led me to write Love Today, it gave thrust to my ambition to get a record deal and to propose my personality as is it ".

A few years later the first success, Mika today looks with a mature eye the relationship with marketing. "For many years I have renounced at any association with any brand and any appearance on TV that was not linked to the promotion or of a specific single", he said, "I thought that this purist strategy would have preserved the eyes of the public and the media and it would give me more credibility. But I was wrong". The singer, in fact, realize that the risk of this approach is to see, however, manipulated the artistic image.

And on the music market, he does not fail to point out how the investment of the major tent now to focus on a few big stars, expanding their global marketing. "I am the sum of all my markets," he explains. "I depend on sales and airplay around the whole world." And then he focuses on the activities that he has developed in parallel with the music. The singer has in fact founded a company with his sister Yasmine, through which he deals with clothing and accessories, marketing and design (he collaborated with Swatch and the Chambers Gallery, New York). In addition, he tells of how he conceives to have invested, in the last year, his image even in the format X Factor and The Voice. "These are all activities that I do not consider it a way to become a prostitute, but a way of promoting my music.", told Mika. And quoting again Carolina, he said: "The courage that this woman symbolized for me is transcended into something really positive in my life today. This is the reason why I want to dedicate this lesson to her courage, boldness, consumption, creativity, popular, credible. All terms that can and should coexist. "

Edited by Lucrezia
  • Like 1

tbh his quote surprises me, because while i never doubted he did it for his music, i thought - still think - it was mainly for earning money for his music. and now he says he did xfactor for raising awareness for his music? sure, it worked in italy... but wouldn't a bunch of tv shows where he actually performed his own music, like the one from last saturday, have done a better job with that? :blink: ok he surely has more options now because of xfactor. but well... i do find this quote surprising, and it makes me even more curious now to hear the whole lecture, as i'd love to know the whole context.

I asked to the university. I'm waiting for a reply :wink2:

When he says "raising awareness for my music" - I read between the lines, that he thinks it might make people curios about his music - which is the reason for being asked to take part in these shows, in the first place. Of course there's money involved, which he needs, and we all hope he'll plow back into his music projects, whatever they might be - but this has been discussed pages up and down here lately, so I don't intend to go on with this subject ...:teehee:

Yes, it will be important to know it all - and thanks to all our good Italiens helpers, we'll get it - when it's ready ...:thumb_yello:

Love,love

me

Are you new here?:naughty:

Are you new here?:naughty:

doing it for the money so he can finance his next album/promo makes sense to me. this quote doesn't. but i guess it might have been taken out of context, and/or lost in translation... the other article suggested he was doing it for the financial freedom. can't wait to hear that whole lecture! :aah: mika, stop confusing me! :sneaky2::teehee:

doing it for the money so he can finance his next album/promo makes sense to me. this quote doesn't. but i guess it might have been taken out of context, and/or lost in translation... the other article suggested he was doing it for the financial freedom. can't wait to hear that whole lecture! :aah: mika, stop confusing me! :sneaky2::teehee:

Lesson 1 from Mika 101: never trust what he says unless you were there or until it happens.