World Reps thread

I agree. We cannot read heaps of foreign languages :naughty:

And why not? :sneaky2:

The other thing that I would like reps to think about is whether (bearing in mind Mika's recent message) the reps should have a role in looking out for bullying/intimidation in their national threads. Obviously as we are not Mods I am not suggesting we should police the threads, just that maybe we could notify a Mod if someone's posts were getting too harsh/aggressive?

What do you think? Is this something World Reps should take on?

Seriously though, I think that's a good idea.

The other thing that I would like reps to think about is whether (bearing in mind Mika's recent message) the reps should have a role in looking out for bullying/intimidation in their national threads. Obviously as we are not Mods I am not suggesting we should police the threads, just that maybe we could notify a Mod if someone's posts were getting too harsh/aggressive?

I already needed to contact mods once for something similar.

I just want to let you know that I am going to do a "spring clean" of World Reps as quite a few seem to have been very inactive lately. They may have a good reason for this but I will be contacting them to see if they want to continue, or hand the job over to another fan.

If you are reading this, of course, you are an active rep :naughty: and won't hear from me.

yes, I think it's a good idea

Links from your banner

You can set up a link from your banner to your introductory message by adding the code to your banner image:

[ URL]Link to the first page of your thread Your world rep siggie image link from Guylaine[/url]

Hello :bye: I suppose I'm dull, I can't add the link to my banner :doh: I make everything with this instruction and as a result I can't see the picture but the link only... HELP!

Hello :bye: I suppose I'm dull, I can't add the link to my banner :doh: I make everything with this instruction and as a result I can't see the picture but the link only... HELP!

It looks like you have sorted it out now :thumb_yello:

And I'd like to officially welcome Mousetrap as the new rep for Russia, and Treasa as the new rep for Ireland :clap:

Congratulations to Mousetrap and Treasa!! It's an honour to become the representative of one's country!! Well done!

Congrats Mousetrap and Treasa :thumb_yello:

Thank you, ladies :aah: It's a real honour :blush-anim-cl:

I just want to let you know that I am going to do a "spring clean" of World Reps as quite a few seem to have been very inactive lately. They may have a good reason for this but I will be contacting them to see if they want to continue, or hand the job over to another fan.

If you are reading this, of course, you are an active rep :naughty: and won't hear from me.

As a rep for England, I find there isn't anything to do atm. I go onto the introductions thread to see if there is anyone from the UK, but there isn't. When I became a rep, it was because I wanted to be more useful on the site. I was unlikely to be offered a moderator's position, so I decided on being my countries rep, with Kath. At the time, Mika was bringing out an album and I thought that would generate interest in the UK, and we'd have lots of English members who would like to make contact with someone who could help them acclimatize. But there aren't any new UK members (if you are and I've overlooked you, I'm sorry, please contact me)

Over the years I have started a couple of UK based threads. One was The UK promotion of Mika thread, to help promote him here, and another was The North West England thread, so people from the NW of England could maybe meet up sometimes. But neither thread was successful.

So I don't mind if I don't continue. It's up to you. But I'm willing to stay in case there is a resurgence of Mika lovers in the UK, in the future.

I do agree with the anti-bullying thing. I think telling the mods is the best thing to do if we see bullying on the threads.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

And I'd like to officially welcome Mousetrap as the new rep for Russia, and Treasa as the new rep for Ireland :clap:

Congratulations to Mousetrap and Treasa!! It's an honour to become the representative of one's country!! Well done!

Congrats Mousetrap and Treasa :thumb_yello:

Congrats and welcome Mousetrap and Treasa!! :yay:

Thank you all. :thumb_yello:

As a rep for England, I find there isn't anything to do atm. .......... But I'm willing to stay in case there is a resurgence of Mika lovers in the UK, in the future.

I do agree with the anti-bullying thing. I think telling the mods is the best thing to do if we see bullying on the threads.

Marilyn, it is quiet generally atm for most of the reps, so don't worry. The odd UK fan joins now and then, but they don't always do an Introduction thread.

Marilyn, it is quiet generally atm for most of the reps, so don't worry. The odd UK fan joins now and then, but they don't always do an Introduction thread.

Well they'll see my banner anyway. Then if they want to, they can click on it.