2010 - MIKA @ Moscow, Russia - July 28 REPORTS/VIDEOS/PICTURES

guylainem123

I enjoyed reading you reports girls, looking forward to hear the rest of Lena's experience!:biggrin2: Thank you for translating silver (wow!:thumb_yello::biggrin2:) and mikatuned.

How sweet he dedicated concert to the teacher!

:fangurl: Lovely read!

I'm very glad you finally had your turn, Lena! :kaf:

:wub2: It's always so heartwarming to read about Mika's incredible sensitivity for what makes people happy. Like when he made Natie sign the t-shirt she had made for him. Or when he asked for a pen to carve his signature for Clara85's blind daughter. Or when he chose that very special souvenir for you, Lena. :wub2: Makes me want to virtually squeeze him very tight girl_blush2.gif

What a man. What a man.

Thank you for bringing that up violet_sky, I missed it.

To meet anyone with Mika's empathy for others is extraordinary but to see it in a popstar is just unbelievable really.

Extraordinary and unbelievable indeed. These stories are leaving me speechless with tears in my eyes.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here there is an audio record of all Moscow concert! There was a direct broadcasting. I start to listen just now. Even shouts is poorly audible) Probably, wrote down from close distance and our shouts have not reached record))

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZQTB8DPQ

only justed downloaded... what a revival!!!! love they kept the bits where he spoke :thumb_yello:

thanks for uploading!!!

Yes, wow, I noticed that and wanted to ask. I think part of it is because it looks like they didn't kick the photographers out after 3 songs like they normally do. But weren't they in your way all the time? I hate that. :aah:

It doesn't matter how many times I hear stories like this and know that this is exactly what Mika is like - it's still amazing to me. :fangurl:

Thanks so much for your report Kath. I was looking forward to the traveller's perspective. Glad it was so special for you and worth the journey.

To meet anyone with Mika's empathy for others is extraordinary but to see it in a popstar is just unbelievable really.

I have never seen so many photographers at a Mika gig tbh. We were amazed at how many were there. The stage was high so they had to look up - but hence probably didn't block the view too much. They weren't actually at our side too much so wern't really too intrusive. They were probably more of a pain for those in the middle though.

Yes, I know. Mika's character is amazing and it is part of what makes him so unique. He is an absolute sweetie.

i really loved it! but i hoped for a bit longer M&G ... he was in a real hurry to come out to you guys ... we had time only to take pics and then he rushed out

Yes, sometimes he is in a real rush. TBH he moved down the line outside very quickly, just signing and moving on very speedily...........but as I said before, I wasn't even sure if he would stay at all as he must have been absolutly shattered.

:wub2: It's always so heartwarming to read about Mika's incredible sensitivity for what makes people happy. Like when he made Natie sign the t-shirt she had made for him. Or when he asked for a pen to carve his signature for Clara85's blind daughter. Or when he chose that very special souvenir for you, Lena. :wub2: Makes me want to virtually squeeze him very tight girl_blush2.gif

I've never read Natie's story before, thanks for bringing it up:thumb_yello:

It's incredibly heartwarming reading stories like these:wub2:

I had missed that too, thank you pointing it out!:thumb_yello:

He is very sweet!:wub2:

Well, I aren't saying that he couldn't still give me the shakes but to be honest I think it has more to do with the diversity of temperature on this occasion :roftl:

Yeah................it is fantastic that Mika gave Lena his pass. I am SO delighted that she had such a great time.

Great for Anastasia to go on stage too :thumb_yello:

Thank you Kath for your report, lovely reading!:wub2:

The gig itself was mindblowing. Totally awesome. Until now I have honestly never been able to put my finger on a favourite gig. As has been said many times, it often depends largely on ones own personal experiences, the queuing, your position, whether you get to meet Mika etc. Therefore, all these things being considered, some gigs are more memorable to individuals than others. And for me, I have a lot of gigs that are certainly up there as 'favourites' but not one that stands out head and shoulders above the rest. Until now.

The whole performance was incredible. I honestly don't know how Mika managed to put on such an amazing show in such unbearable heat. But he did. He gave it 1000% percent as usual. His performances of Dr John/Rain and Touches you were some of the best I have seen. When he did Sweet Drams I really seriously thought that I had died and gone to heaven, it was such an unexpected surprise.

The whole atmosphere of the gig was just so 'special'. Although I was obviously aware that this was Mika's first performance in Russia I guess that the full significance of that hadn't really hit me. The excitement in the queue was palpable. People were literally jumping and squealling on the spot in anticipation.

Mika clearly LOVED the whole experience. He told the story of his Russian singing teacher and he dedicated the gig to her which was lovely. I was very impressed with how much Russian he spoke. I was watching the security guards faces as he spoke Russian - they seemed impresssed

I was delighted that he did the M and G afterwards- I had been a little afraid as I thought that he might be so heat exhausted that he would be unable to do it.

Glad it was worth all the hassle and expense in the end, Kath :thumb_yello:

i changed only few things , mainly highlighted bits ... and some sentences that were understood wrong .... sorry i don't have time to do proper proofreading

did you use an online translator or did you hide that you know russian so well, silver?

I studied Russian at school but have forgotten most of it I think. With Lena's report I was able to read it very slowly with my dictionary :naughty: - I don't think I could keep up with a conversation :no:

Very true - and I find it heartening that even though he is becoming more famous, he still finds time for these special gestures.

Very true words, Violet. He's definitely one of a kind. And Kind and Fine too, of course :lmfao:

Lena, I've been following your twitter and MFC posts about this gig with interest, and I found it heartwarming. You're one of very few fans who have been waiting for a few years now for this moment, not having seen him live yet, and not having met him, so I am extremely happy that you got this incredible experience. He has clearly been paying attention, as he knew exactly who you were!

Thanks for sharing all this with us; It's very sweet to read :wub2:.

Kath, I hope that you recover soon :roftl:, but it's good to hear that you and Abby had a good time and that it all worked out in the end.

Just a few of my pics............they are nowhere near as good as the proffessional ones obviously but a few personal ones are always nice aren't they. But to be honest, I was enjoying it so much I just abandoned the camera eventually :roftl:

post-640-142983688566_thumb.jpg

post-640-142983688575_thumb.jpg

post-640-142983688585_thumb.jpg

Just a few of my pics............they are nowhere near as good as the proffessional ones obviously but a few personal ones are always nice aren't they. But to be honest, I was enjoying it so much I just abandoned the camera eventually :roftl:

Really good!

The one with Mika and Imma is ace:wub2:

oooh Kath, Mika and his sexy back:wub2:glad you had a fab time, your so lucky to go to Russia, i bet it was worth it after all the trouble with visa's and like:thumb_yello:

Thanks Buttons (and everyone else who has kindly said they enjoyed my report)

Yes, I was very lucky to go to Russia, it was a brilliant experience.

Hi everybody!

It’s been some time after the show, but I can’t collect the thoughts to write about my impressions. It is too much emotions and thoughts that they can’t be described by usual dry words. That’s why there will be only a few words. In May I was at a concert in Amsterdam, I stood in the first row, had a good time, I was surprised, happy and I thought that it won’t be better in Moscow.

But…

mikatuned came to me. We came together to the concert. There we met Lena and other fans expecting a concert. It was very nice to get acquainted with everybody!

Thinking that we will be in the first row, we were very exiting. But I could not think that everything would be absolutely in a different way.

mikatuned and I and 9 more people were selected for the scene!)) I was BG and, I should admit, it was incredible! We all were very glad to help the team and, of course, to appear on one scene with Mika! We danced like crazy))

It was intolerably hot and stuffy in the club! It was hard for the team to act. But, despite it all, they gave all the best at 100 %, played at maximum, and nobody was indifferent. They inflamed the audience, making fans to jump and shout)) Mika was very lovely, when he spoke Russian. It has fascinated the audience! I had some friends there. They are still under impression!

I’d like to say personal thanks for Sweet dreams))

Also I was impressed by the relation of management to the fans. They threw water bottles to the audience. Guard was polite with public. They tried very much for it was comfortable.

Many thanks to them for it. To Мika and his team for the remarkable show. And to Mika’s mum who gave us a chance))

I feel very happy!

Hi everybody!

It’s been some time after the show, but I can’t collect the thoughts to write about my impressions. It is too much emotions and thoughts that they can’t be described by usual dry words. That’s why there will be only a few words. In May I was at a concert in Amsterdam, I stood in the first row, had a good time, I was surprised, happy and I thought that it won’t be better in Moscow.

But…

mikatuned came to me. We came together to the concert. There we met Lena and other fans expecting a concert. It was very nice to get acquainted with everybody!

Thinking that we will be in the first row, we were very exiting. But I could not think that everything would be absolutely in a different way.

mikatuned and I and 9 more people were selected for the scene!)) I was BG and, I should admit, it was incredible! We all were very glad to help the team and, of course, to appear on one scene with Mika! We danced like crazy))

It was intolerably hot and stuffy in the club! It was hard for the team to act. But, despite it all, they gave all the best at 100 %, played at maximum, and nobody was indifferent. They inflamed the audience, making fans to jump and shout)) Mika was very lovely, when he spoke Russian. It has fascinated the audience! I had some friends there. They are still under impression!

Also I was impressed by the relation of management to the fans. They threw water bottles to the audience. Guard was polite with public. They tried very much for it was comfortable.

Many thanks to them for it. To Мika and his team for the remarkable show. And to Mika’s mum who gave us a chance))

I feel very happy!

I feel very happy too, to read these thoughts you share, thank you:thumb_yello:

"(...)It is too much emotions and thoughts that they can’t be described by usual dry words.(...)" - just love it and so true it is =)

Thank you very much for reports/pics/vids/translations!! I enjoyed them all!!

Thank you for sharing your joyful experiences with us!!

I'm happy to hear that the gig was so special and that everyone had such a great time despite the heat!

Lena, I'm delighted you had your first gig at last and such a special moment with Mika as well!! :fangurl:

Kath, I'm glad to hear it was so worth the traveling and hope you'll recover soon

Anastasia, I'm really pleased you had such a memorable evening and that your dream came true!

:wub2:It's always so heartwarming to read about Mika's incredible sensitivity for what makes people happy. Like when he made Natie sign the t-shirt she had made for him. Or when he asked for a pen to carve his signature for Clara85's blind daughter. Or when he chose that very special souvenir for you, Lena. :wub2: Makes me want to virtually squeeze him very tight girl_blush2.gif

It really is! :wub2:

when I read such sweet stories, I feel like hugging him and everyone else! :group_hug:

Thank you for mentioning those 2 reports and for the links: I hadn't read Natie's one before!

This shows that we don't need do much to make others happy: a word, a smile, a little gesture may make the difference :kaf:

Here there is an audio record of all Moscow concert! There was a direct broadcasting. I start to listen just now. Even shouts is poorly audible) Probably, wrote down from close distance and our shouts have not reached record))

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZQTB8DPQ

Thank you Lena!! I love it!! :wub2: Edited by mari62

VIDEO

Interview

Новое видео: NRJ EXCLUSIVE: MIKA в Москве http://www.energyfm.ru/?an=video_page&uid=232225&kw1=230791

thank you Eriko!! :wub2:

they put it on Youtube as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMzRssRsgMg

He's very cute, but I don't get a single word :aah:

Why didn't they put subtitles instead of speaking over him? :sneaky2:

Edited by mari62
replacing not working link

Thank you all for your reports and pics! :thumb_yello: Sounds like it was an amazing gig :wub2:

And Lena, I'm glad you finally got to see him! :biggrin2: And that's so sweet of him to give you his access card and to call you by your name :wub2:

Edited by Miro

Lena, I've been following your twitter and MFC posts about this gig with interest, and I found it heartwarming. You're one of very few fans who have been waiting for a few years now for this moment, not having seen him live yet, and not having met him, so I am extremely happy that you got this incredible experience. He has clearly been paying attention, as he knew exactly who you were!

I guess I'll beat Lena's record real soon :aah: 3 years and counting :boxed::sad:

I don't really know where to start to be honest. I think I will cut out the smilies as I would no doubt use too many and get in a pickle.

To begin with, may I appologise for what is probably going to be a fairly badly written (grammatically) report. I am physically shaking at present. I know it is odd...............it is several days after the gig but this week has been an incredible experience for me in many, many ways. I returned home a few hours ago....when I got out of the car I started shaking and I don't think I have stopped yet. I spent four days in temepratures/conditions unlike any I have ever experienced. I live in Scotland and for those of you that are unfamiliar with the climate here that means that I live in the cold and wet most of the time . My body doesn't seem to be able to readjust. Add to that the fact that I have just read the whole of this thread and the pre gig thread. Reading the reports from the Russian girls and all the general excitement on here has certainly added to my shakes!

Firstly I would like to say what an absolute pleasure it was to meet the Russian fans. I don't know everyones name......only Lena and Anastasia (mikatuned) but I met more than that and I appolgise to those of you whose names I do not remember. However, may I thank you all for making Abby and I feel very very welcome both in Russia and at the gig itself. Right from the begining, although I was REALLY looking forward to it, I felt a little guilty about attending this gig. I knew that it was going to be very special for you all and I didn't in any way want to undermine your special moment. However, in the event, I think that everyone was happy.....we all had an amazing time.

The gig itself was mindblowing. Totally awesome. Until now I have honestly never been able to put my finger on a favourite gig. As has been said many times, it often depends largely on ones own personal experiences, the queuing, your position, whether you get to meet Mika etc. Therefore, all these things being considered, some gigs are more memorable to individuals than others. And for me, I have a lot of gigs that are certainly up there as 'favourites' but not one that stands out head and shoulders above the rest. Until now.

The whole performance was incredible. I honestly don't know how Mika managed to put on such an amazing show in such unbearable heat. But he did. He gave it 1000% percent as usual. His performances of Dr John/Rain and Touches you were some of the best I have seen. When he did Sweet Drams I really seriously thought that I had died and gone to heaven, it was such an unexpected surprise.

The whole atmosphere of the gig was just so 'special'. Although I was obviously aware that this was Mika's first performance in Russia I guess that the full significance of that hadn't really hit me. The excitement in the queue was palpable. People were literally jumping and squealling on the spot in anticipation.

Mika clearly LOVED the whole experience. He told the story of his Russian singing teacher and he dedicated the gig to her which was lovely. I was very impressed with how much Russian he spoke. I was watching the security guards faces as he spoke Russian - they seemed impresssed

I was delighted that he did the M and G afterwards- I had been a little afraid as I thought that he might be so heat exhausted that he would be unable to do it.

I think that the pics that Droopsy has posted (thanks for that!) and all the other ones that people have put on here sum the gig up perfectly. They are indeed some of the best pics that we have seen for a long time.

Lena - just to clarify what happened at the end of the M and G. - When Mika got to the end of the line he looked back. He obviously wanted to give you his security pass but at that point he couldn't see you. So he came back to me and he asked me to give it to you. He used your name - I was incredibly impressed with that! However, just as he was passing it to me he saw you - and so gave you it personally. Which was (of course) far nicer for you - to have him pass it to you personally rather than from my hot sweaty hands .

Thanks for your explanatory, :mf_lustslow:Kath!! It surprisingly, pleasantly and joyfully! I did not know, how it was actually. I saw how Mika approached to you and to someone and I thought, that He has presented these pass to three people) . I am in wild pleasure and supermood from this event! It is a pity, that I could not communicate with you . I cannot understand till now, where I have found words for speaking to Mika. I did not learn a greeting and any words from a principle. Wanted a present feel))

Great report Kath

Really does sound like one amazing time

Great for Lena too ! perfect first time

I am very happy all these days! And how ... And tomorrow... and...)

Спасибо Lena :flowers2:

That is absolutely amazing:wub2: I'm really happy for you Lena!!!

Louiza... Thank you! :blush-anim-cl:

Lovely read!

I'm very glad you finally had your turn, Lena!

It's always so heartwarming to read about Mika's incredible sensitivity for what makes people happy. Like when he made Natie sign the t-shirt she had made for him. Or when he asked for a pen to carve his signature for Clara85's blind daughter. Or when he chose that very special souvenir for you, Lena. Makes me want to virtually squeeze him very tight girl_blush2.gif

Yes, He is very nice. And anything, even the slightest attention from His party pleases us extremely)

OMG AAA pass :shocked:

what is the pic that you got signed?? look so amazing

In the past to year I did the poster with Mika's image. It is a sampler for print)

First, for Lena....I am so glad to read about your wonderful experiences, and especially to see that Mika knew EXACTLY who his biggest supporter in Russia has been since 2007. How amazing you got his pass!!!

And mikatuned and Kath, thank you for your reports too. Kath I hope you have finally stopped shaking....that actually happened to me after my first experience seeing Mika...it is nice to know he can still work his magic even after you have seen so many shows

It is very pleasant to read your words). I am afraid, I shall become proud)). Surprisingly, I were shaking only when I have seen John for the first time ). At Mika's kind I were not frightened and did not shiver. I felt extraordinary tenderness to Him...

Wow! you're very lucky Lena! And thank you for your report so far! (and thanks silver for translating... I got the general idea of what was said, but your translation cleared it up for me!)

You managed to get some really good pictures too!

Thanks Kath! Sounds like an awesome gig! And I'm impressed that he spoke Russian...

I am!:mf_lustslow:

i changed only few things , mainly highlighted bits ... and some sentences that were understood wrong .... sorry i don't have time to do proper proofreading

did you use an online translator or did you hide that you know russian so well, silver?

I had brought gifts for everyone. I still did not know when and how to give the gifts to each dear visitor to Russia. Due to the circumstances I had contacted one really good person who trusted me and told everything that I needed to know. I live far from the capital and we have not lost the tradition of meeting and seeing off visitors. I thought it was very desirable that Mika felt like a welcome guest from the first step on our Russian soil.

Frankly, I didn’t know whom to call to go with me. On week days at working time there’s nearly no one in the internet. I ended up going with only one other girl. I got afraid to invite everybody publicly. We’ve been waiting. For long. For about 5 hours.

Finally, I saw John. (John, Cherisse, Jimmy, Imma and Mika's family had arrived earlier, as it turned out later. I shall write more shortly). I presented John with a souvenir. He talked to Katya because I have managed to recollect only few words). The plane landed 1 hr late. Everyone went closer to an entrance with 2 organizers from the concert).

They went to some small cafe tables. We stood aside and looked at the entrance to see if Mika was coming. Funny, I just knew that John was going to come and ask us to join them. And he really did but We refused, of course. But it was pleasant to feel British gallantry (hospitality?)

I shorten.... We were told that Mika would come over to us, and we waited away from thos who came to meet him. And Mika arrived. I think I started to squeak from joy. The first thing I saw was those long legs, walking in by themselves apparently without an owner. A wide step of flexible crane legs (I think she might mean flamingo (guess you would say flamingo … but she meant crane as a bird… also the one with long legs that lives in our latitudes , we don’t have flamingo here) ... Beauty!! Don’t remember what happened first whether it was gifts or photos.. (it was sweet with the gifts)

I gave him a present from a friend of mine from the US and took an autograph for her. It was interesting that he repeated my words as he took each present and made comments. Apparently he didn’t expect such an ‘attack’ from me.

I = It is for you...... It is for your mum

M (cheerfully and surprised) - for my mum!

I = it for your sisters

M = (giggling) - for my sisters!

I = It for your brother

M = For my brother!

I = (taking out another bag, I try to remember who I have forgotten...) It for Martin...

(And a bag is already in Mika’s hands)...

M = And Martin is there, there he goes! (pointing behind his back)

I = Martin there?

M = (lifting his eye brows), yes Martin is going there!

(I understood, someone behind me translated)

Lovely and happily smiling face. It looked really funny to him.

Katya and I were photographed in turns with Mika. I do not remember his touch at all, only his bent elbow with soft hair I was afraid to touch him because we were hot, and Mika was fresh. I didn’t want to let him go. I wanted to take a photo of him and when I called Mika, he turned and smiled. But as he kept on moving, I could not take a picture. Then I called Mika again, and this time I was able to photo him. John would not allow him to turn our way again. Mika’s gardian angel (I think she means John looks after Mika (exactly)).

In general, Mika was joyful, blinding, smiling and very friendly. Yes... I told you right at the beginning.... I said " I Lena, do you remember me? " and Mika replied " Yes, I remember you " his look changed it’s like when you understand that you see smb familiar. And I remembered the look in his eyes and this first meeting, the very first but not the last one (Does she mean she has met him before? (no she means that’ was very first meeting but there’ll be more in the next few days))

I don’t have those photos yet, I’m still waiting for them to be mailed to me

It’s only the first part of my report, I’m going to work in the morning and I only wrote 1/3 of my report

Thank you Anastasia! I I so hoped for you:naughty:! And I envy your English)

Very true words, Violet. He's definitely one of a kind. And Kind and Fine too, of course

Thanks for sharing all this with us; It's very sweet to read .

And I am not disappointed for an instant! Mika is soooo fine. Already I talk repeat))

Just a few of my pics............they are nowhere near as good as the proffessional ones obviously but a few personal ones are always nice aren't they. But to be honest, I was enjoying it so much I just abandoned the camera eventually

Kath!!Your photos is very good! :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

Hi everybody!

But…

I feel very happy!

I for the first time in my life have met Mika's alive fans! I did not feel such unification of souls never in my life!!

many thanks, my dear! :wub2:

DANI :wub2: