REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: MIKA @ Lauluvaljak Festival Talinn, Estonia: 3 August 2010

Droopsy

I was also there and it was the best concert ever! :biggrin2: Blowing bubbles was a great idea, I never thought there will be so many of them, air and sky was suddenly full of bubbles, it was magical and beautiful. And you should have seen Mika´s face, when he saw this, it was priceless :thumb_yello:

Btw, It´s my first post here :blink:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also there and it was the best concert ever! :biggrin2: Blowing bubbles was a great idea, I never thought there will be so many of them, air and sky was suddenly full of bubbles, it was magical and beautiful. And you should have seen Mika´s face, when he saw this, it was priceless :thumb_yello:

It must have been wonderful :biggrin2:

And welcome to the MFC :bye:

Welcome to the MFC!

And thank you Estonian fans for making it happen, it was beautiful and magical indeed, the whole area full of bubbles!! (Mika's face when he saw it!!!!!) :wub2::wub2::wub2:

I'm back home from my Baltic trip, VERY tired :naughty: but so happy. I might want to write a small report, but maybe from a bit different perspective than my Helsinki report (Helsinki was my home gig, so it was all about emotions :blush-anim-cl:) Now after three gigs, all with very different size and settings I feel like analyzing more, but I'm too tired at the moment, maybe later.

Anyway, absolutely an amazing experience. Fantastic audience in these two Baltic countries :biggrin2:, and totally awesome performances from Mika :fangurl:

Ok, I'm gonna try and write the whole thing down now.

I arrived at the venue with my friend at about 15.30. At that moment, there were only about 10 people hanging around. We walked past the tour bus and heard someone singing inside, but I'm not sure who that could've been :P

The crowd started gathering around 16.30. Me and some friends were the first in the queue. Half an hour before they started to let us in it started raining like mad. There were two entrances and ours didn't have a tent to stand under so by the time they started to let us in we were soaking wet, as umbrellas weren't allowed at the gig:D

At exactly six the security checked our bags and we ran inside like crazies. Me and my friends got places in the second row right in the middle. Perfect places for watching the show.

But as we had to wait two hours before the warm-up started, I soon got tired of standing there, as it was relatively tight and hot there. So I went to sit at the sitting area with my other friend. The warm-up was as dull as I expected, out of the 1000 people standing in front of the stage exactly ONE was jumping and waving hands. Rest were just standing and watching.

We had great places there as well, perfect view of everything including the crowd. That was also a good thing, since my main goal was to spot Mrs. P to be a BG. (It wasn't that easy to find her, because there were five doors in different places leading to the band's dressing rooms and two entrances to the backstage, where the dancers get dressed.)

I sat there with my friend scanning the crowd, looking for a Lebanese woman with dark hair and for a fluffy-haired man wearing a purple shirt (John). During the warm-up I walked around the standing crowd, watching everyone closely like an idiot. Finally it paid off as I spotted the sweetest person in the crowd, Mika's mom. She was walking around looking closey at people like me as well. When Lenna finished her last song, I approached Mrs. P and asked if I could be a BG. She was very happy and seemed impressed that I recognized her. She took me to the group she had already gathered and as I had parted from my friend before, I was very happy to see that she was there too as a LG:D

Since Mrs. P was afraid that estonians couldn't understand her, she asked me to help her look for more boys, BG's and a bride. Needless to say, all the girls I approached were extremely excited, but the boys needed more convincing. I'm so happy I got along with Mrs. P so well because she was very lovely (and she smelled good too. Penniman family thing maybe:P).

All the reporters ran around taking pictures of Mrs. P and filming her and she didn't really enjoy it.

We were in a hurry with gathering people, everything took a lot of time and when we finally got backstage (after being interviewed and photographed), it was only 15 minutes until the show started, so we had to do a quick rehearsal of the walk and try on those massive heads.

At first Mrs. P said that we would all go on for the death march first, but then she picked out three BG's for the Big Girls song. All the LG's and boys went back into the crowd and we stayed backstage as BG was the second song.

I was really nervous about going on stage, since I was the first one to enter and had to dance to the other side of the stage while wearing a massive huge mask. I really didn't see anything through that thing. So I got to my place and started dancing and jumping as much as it was humanly possible. I had no stage cramp or anything. Soon Martin (at least I think it was him:P) came close to me and started dancing and rubbing, screaming "Hell yeah, baby!". That was totally awesome:D If anyone has a full video of that performance, I'd love to get it!

When the song ended we came off the stage, the really nice and cool woman, whose name I can't remember, congratulated us and said we were amazing. We took our heads off and put on some indian-like dresses (which were supposed to make us not stand out:D) and joined the crowd. I was immediately approached by a reporter, who started asking questions about how we felt and how we got up there and if we had been invited to the afterparty. Guess she didn't have enough sources so she tried to get as much information from us as possible. (Just for the record, although estonian press talked about how Mika was going to visit the official afterparty in Venus nightclub, Mika never went there.)

So we got to dance in the crowd for a number of songs, most of which I don't remember anything of, because I was in clowds because of what was happening. After Kick Ass or so, the cool lady (Olivia?) called us backstage again and we lined up for the march. That went nice, no one fell or stumbled or anything.

After dancing in the crowd again we all finally went on for Lollipop. It was amazing, so much energy and love. Did a funny dance with Imma as well:P We bowed together wit Mika and the whole band.

After the show ended, we went backstage and had to clear the way for Mika and the band to go to their bus. They all waved and applauded and Mika said "See you later!":) The bus took them 100 meters away to their dressing rooms in the main building. We changed clothes and were taken to the band's dressing room area as well. There we had to wait for ages before John came out, gathered the things we wanted to be signed. Mika signed all the things in his room and John brought them back to us. Mika had drawn a heart under his signature for me (and no one else:teehee: )

Then we had to wait another century before John lined us all up next to a white wall, divided us into groups of 5-6 and told us that Mikas was going to come and take pictures with the groups.

So finally, MIKA walked out of his room. I was in the first group to take pictures with him. HE STOOD RIGHT NEXT TO ME and put his arm around me! I was in heaven. (when I get the pictures, I will post them here). The photographer took 2 pictures and then Mika moved on, saying that we danced really great.

Then we all went out, shaking like mad and left the venue.

I was really tired but I walked 5 km to the city center, I guess the adrenalin and happiness kept me going.

I arrived at my workplace where I had decided to stay the night and I was as lucky as always, because the house next to mine was the one Mika was staying in! I saw them and greeted Mrs. P again. :)

Then I felt how tired i really was and decided not to go searching for Mika on the town. But that wasn't the worst idea, because by 3 o'clock he was back at his hotel to sleep :)

Okay this was really the longest thing I have ever written. But it was a truly amazing night! I'm still shaking and my legs hurt like hell!

Yeah it was my idea and you can't even imagine how happy I am!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYBODY!

AND I just arrived from the hotel and we met Mika there!!! We got pictures and I also asked him about the bubble fanaction. I was like "did u like the bubbles?" and he said that yess of course. Than I told him that it was my idea and he was very surprised, said that it was amazing. He also asked my name. and in the end he said "Thank you very much, Anni." :thumb_yello:

He was in a hurry so I didn't get an autograph, but it's ok. :biggrin2:

I'M SO HAPPY!! My pics are here: http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/AnniAnete/MIKATALLINNAS#

Yeah it was my idea and you can't even imagine how happy I am!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYBODY!

AND I just arrived from the hotel and we met Mika there!!! We got pictures and I also asked him about the bubble fanaction. I was like "did u like the bubbles?" and he said that yess of course. Than I told him that it was my idea and he was very surprised, said that it was amazing. He also asked my name. and in the end he said "Thank you very much, Anni." :thumb_yello:

I'M SO HAPPY!! My pics are here: http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/AnniAnete/MIKATALLINNAS#

Oh that's so nice that he called you by name. :fangurl: Where did you arrive to that you met him?

I love the bubbles! It reminds me of my first gig where there was a bubble machine for Lollipop instead of confetti. Mika looks like he can't keep from smiling during Happy Ending. It's beautiful. Well done!

That concert was SO amazing!! I loved every single second of it! It was awesome that he tried to speak in Estonian and "Tere, Tallinn!" sounded perfetcly. Oh and the bubbles, I think it was great that everyone started to bubble from the beginning of "Happy ending" cause then it lasted longer. Everyone sang the songs and danced and jumped and it was wonderful. The best concert ever I've been to and Mika, you are just gorgeus!

Mika on twitter: At a bar in Tallinn. Three days off ahead of me couldn't be happier right now. Tonight's show will be known as the bubble gig. Amazing

But yes, you got to love Mika!

Edited by M.I.K.A

The show was AMAZING! Happy Ending with bubbles was breathtakingly beautiful and Mikas reaction just wonderful ! :wub2:

No picture or video could do that scene justice. Something to remember for life :wub2:

APPI ANNI MA OLEN NII ÕNNELIK ja kade :biggrin2: ET SA TEMAGA LÕPUKS SIISKI KOHTUSID! JEEE, TA SAI TEADA ET SINA MULLITAMISE TAGA OLID !

Peale lennujaama kuidas sa oskasid sinna minna? käisid vahepeal internetis jah? :biggrin2: Ma loodan et sa mainisid meid ka, kes me terve öö teda taga otsisime :biggrin2:

Ma olen Gertu muide :biggrin2:

Gertu, ma kusagil mujal räägin põhjalikumalt sulle. :biggrin2:

We just waited in front of his hotel this morning, we didn't know the exact time when he was supposed to come out. I guess we were just reallly lucky. :thumb_yello:

I don't have very good videos, but I uploaded them anyway. :biggrin2:

BIG GIRL

BILLY BROWN

LOVE TODAY

KILLING :biggrin2:

LOLLIPOP

STUCK IN THE MIDDLE

But the Happy Ending bubble-video is still coming! :thumb_yello:

The gig was just fabulous, that's all I can say! We went to queue about at 10 am and my queuing number was 3 :)

Really, THANK YOU SO ****ING MUCH who came up with the bubble-thing ! It was amazing, I started crying when I saw MIKA's and the band members' faces when the soap bubble-thing started ........

After the gig we got Imma's and Cherisse's autographs and a bit later MIKA's :)

I'm so tired and sad, 'cause I have no idea when I can see Mika again.... But still super happy 'cause the gig yesterday was so great! :wub2:

I love the bubbles! It reminds me of my first gig where there was a bubble machine for Lollipop instead of confetti. Mika looks like he can't keep from smiling during Happy Ending. It's beautiful. Well done!

Yep, this is how the roadie Bubbles got his nickname :naughty:, as he was operating that machine back in the early days

YouTube #2

Happy Ending.

Holy muffins! :shocked: Those bubbles look incredible. It must have been really magical to see the summer air fill with them, in such a huge open crowd. Wow. No wonder Mika and co were impressed.

Well done, guys.

The gig was just fabulous, that's all I can say! We went to queue about at 10 am and my queuing number was 3 :)

Really, THANK YOU SO ****ING MUCH who came up with the bubble-thing ! It was amazing, I started crying when I saw MIKA's and the band members' faces when the soap bubble-thing started ........

Hey, were you one of those girls who was standing right in front of me? we gave you bubble blowers...? were these girls you? :biggrin2:

Anyways, I'm so glad that the bubble-thing turned out so well, I really would have never thought... And thanks again everybody!!! :bow:

Holy muffins! :shocked: Those bubbles look incredible. It must have been really magical to see the summer air fill with them, in such a huge open crowd. Wow. No wonder Mika and co were impressed.

Well done, guys.

a bubbles....Now I regret, that we have refused idea with bubbles:emot-sad:....... And in general, off all ideas which have come to our heads)

Hey, were you one of those girls who was standing right in front of me? we gave you bubble blowers...? were these girls you? :biggrin2:

Anyways, I'm so glad that the bubble-thing turned out so well, I really would have never thought... And thanks again everybody!!! :bow:

Yeah we were those girls haha :D and thank you so much!

I just can't stop smiling when i think about the gig! First of all, the bubbles were so great! Thank you so much to the person who came up with the idea!

I got to the "queu" around 10 with my friend Netta, and my number was 2!!! Yay! the only bad thing about this day was that it rained, but it didnt matter after the show started!

The supporting act was good, but the crowd could have been a lot more in to it:) Anyway, MIKA and the band gave the crowd a lot of energy and everyone was singing along:)

I dont have any pics so i cant download any here, but i might put some videos in youtube. ( link to my channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/pepinkoira )

After the show we got to say hi to Imma and Cherisse, and got their autographs, later on Mika's manager came to talk to us and gave mika something to sign for us :)

The day was a huge success! :biggrin2:

Thank you for everyone

Found vids... absolutely magical:wub2:

Happy Ending:

bad sound but amazing image:wub2:

These were already posted before but maybe you haven't seen them. They are not very good but I guess we don't have a better video at the moment. :sad:

But there will be, I promise. :biggrin2: It's in my friend's camera and I just need her to upload it.

Oh, and here's one more video which wasn't posted I think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_EVsqb2cmE

I think this sounded like an amazing night - I have seen the bubbles vids now and they are great :wub2: Wonderful idea, Anni :thumb_yello:

And glad you got to go on stage and meet Mika, twelve :naughty:

OMG, I got tears in my eyes watching these vids of Happy Ending. It looks absolutely phenomenal, and makes me feel warm and fuzzy to be part of this community. Nice work, Anni and the rest of Estonia! :wub2:

Thanks for your reports everyone. And welcome to all the newbies from this corner of the planet! :biggrin2:

My videos aren't very good, because I used this camera or the first time, but here they are:

Death march + the beginning on Love today

Speech + the beginning of Billy Brown

Introducing the band and happy ending(sorry, camera stopped working in the middle of the song:sneaky2:)