REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS: Mika@Arena della Regina - Cattolica - Italy: 19-08-2010

Blue Sky

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Youtube is taking FOREVER. I'm most displeased. Ten minutes to upload this little clip of him and his cake. Psssht! I'll leave it all going during the afternoon and overnight, hopefully it'll all get done. I'll post up individual links when I'm back in London tomorrow evening, but for now, here's the lovely birthday boy being adorable. *sigh*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkLRT2jzzMA

I'm going to try and pack my suitcase up - was 3kg over on the way out, but I've ditched a couple of gifts and a birthday card. XD I'll do a full report shortly.

Youtube is taking FOREVER. I'm most displeased. Ten minutes to upload this little clip of him and his cake. Psssht! I'll leave it all going during the afternoon and overnight, hopefully it'll all get done. I'll post up individual links when I'm back in London tomorrow evening, but for now, here's the lovely birthday boy being adorable. *sigh*

I'm going to try and pack my suitcase up - was 3kg over on the way out, but I've ditched a couple of gifts and a birthday card. XD I'll do a full report shortly.

Looks fab ..... here about it Sunday!!:biggrin2:

i agree,youtube sucks!!:mf_rosetinted:

great vid!!!! it´s amazing!!! bet you had a great time!

and mika was wearing the same clothes as in Vigo.....:teehee:

Okay, I haven't touched my suitcase. I need to get this bloody report out of my system. Rose and I were giggling at 2.30am because it was all so silly and left us so high.

So basically we showed up at midday, got numbers 93 and 94 and worked on our tans for a while. Queueing went by, wasn't mega interesting, saw lots of people, sat down a lot, watched the stage being built, blah blah blah.

7.30 rolled round, we got let in first, we managed to get the last front row spot on the left that's actually worth having, and we sat down for a bit and chilled while I played Boggle on my phone. Rose deafened me when I got the picture of Melachi up on my phone, and probably scared some nearby Italians to death with her 'OH MY GOD!!!!!!' but hey, my hearing came back in time for the show.

The show was possibly the best I've been to. The audience were well up for it, there was a good dj set before and Mika seemed to be in a dancey mood. I don't think anyone really knew what happened during Big Girl when he legged it away from the piano - I thought he'd got an electric shock, but then we find out it's a 'flying cockroach'. (Of course it is, dear.)

He got attacked again in SITM which I got on video so you'll see that once it stops taking its sweet time to upload, but it was really funny. Imma and Jimmy were ripping the p*ss out of him, and there were lots of laughs and japes and all that sort of thing.

Ohhhh and Rose gave John some glasses to give to Mika with Happy Birthday on them and he wore them - I can't remember what song, it might have been Big Girl actually, but he wore them for OMS too, but she can tell you more about that.

The cake part was very sweet and emotional and I think he was quite overwhelmed by it, I got it all on video (as I'm sure many others did) so hopefully you'll be able to see for yourselves tonight. I didn't realise it would be so HUGE! It was massive!

He did extended versions of Blue Eyes and Happy Ending which were just completely beautiful and I died a little bit because they were so excellent. The gig was just wild, I can't say anymore than that. Sweet Dreams was ace as well, I think I only ever saw that once before if at all so I'm pleased he played it.

Afterwards they were clearing everybody out and John came over, so I asked him if there was any chance we'd get to see him, and if not would he be able to pass on my gift, but he said 'yeah, you'll see him' and then it turned out that the Italian fan club were going backstage, so Mellody asked John if we could too (there was only about eight extra of us) and he said yeah sure, in that bloody brilliant way that he does.

Rose had gone back to the hotel because she wanted to pick up her passport as she had to leave at silly o'clock this morning to get to the airportso we were stressing about getting her back in time but she arrived just as we were about to go in.

We all sat down in this little paved area out the back and were chatting, and at some point he arrived, headed over to me and Rose and said 'CIAO!' and we said ciao back and he was chatting to Rose for a bit and she gave him her gifts then just as I started talking to him he got called over somewhere else, and he put his beer and his gifts down, promised he'd come back, and eventually he did.

I got to give him my gift, and told him there was something for Fringe in there (his freak tee) and I also told him we'd be giving him his MFC birthday present at the Fringe and he goes 'Another one!!' and I said 'noooo that's from me, but your MFC birthday present from everyone will be coming at fringe' and he was like 'oooohhhh what is it?' I didn't tell him but I did explain that Ryanair's 'awesomeness allowance' wasn't enough for us to take his present overseas and he told me to repeat it because I was talking too fast but I think I was talking normally and he just wasn't keep up XD Anyway, I repeated, he asked what 'awesomeness' was and I was like 'errrr stuff that's awesome?' and he was like 'Oh my god what IS it?'

But yeah, he thanked me for my gift, told me he'd open it in the car in a sort of apologetic manner but he had his hands full so obviously he wouldn't have been able to open it then and there so I wasn't too worried.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, Rose knocked over his beer :naughty: Nah she didn't really, she tried to save it, and when he came back he was like 'oh no, I don't want it, it's been all on the floor' but there was still half of it left, and he said 'but I'll take the gifts though!'

And I forgot to mention the cake too. They wheeled it out and Mrs P tried to cut into it but she cut into the polystyrene layer :roftl: Eventually she found a bit that was cake and was just cutting cake for about quarter of an hour. We were all picking at the iced piano keys that were left over at the end. It was niiiiice.

I think that's about it - John told me to go get cake while Jimmy was talking to Rose about service stations (the boy is WEIRD) and he was carrying around a shiny gold bag which I told him suited him veeeery nicely.

Little bits will probably come back to me but for now, that's all I can remember. It was an amazing evening, the m&g was as chilled as it could possibly have been, the gig was brilliant, and we were walking down the street afterwards giggling and saying 'we just left Mika's birthday party!!'

Aaaaaah the joys of being a fangurl. :mf_rosetinted:

Rose deafened me when I got the picture of Melachi up on my phone, and probably scared some nearby Italians to death with her 'OH MY GOD!!!!!!' but hey, my hearing came back in time for the show.

LOL....we did the same :roftl:

I don't think anyone really knew what happened during Big Girl when he legged it away from the piano - I thought he'd got an electric shock, but then we find out it's a 'flying cockroach'. (Of course it is, dear.)

Oh Gosh...that was the 1st problem he had??? The cockroach? I also thought he got an eletric shock or he just fuc**ed off some notes :teehee:

no...was it the cockroach? Hilarious :roftl:

He got attacked again in SITM which I got on video so you'll see that once it stops taking its sweet time to upload, but it was really funny. Imma and Jimmy were ripping the p*ss out of him, and there were lots of laughs and japes and all that sort of thing.

That was SO funny!

If I remember he said something like "if you hear me singing like a 6 yo boy, you know why" :aah:

Oh my god what IS it?'

curious boy :naughty:

Edited by Sarina

That was SO funny!

If I remember he said something like "if you hear me singing like a 6 yo boy, you know why" :aah:

Yeah he said 'If you see me running away like a six year old girl you know why...' and then he paused and added 'well, ANOTHER reason why.' :roftl::roftl::roftl: I'm officially in love with that man. Have I mentioned that before? :naughty:

@Jazzy

so he didn´t get the fairytalebook yesterday?

No, there was an issue with the printers...who basically lied about the amount of time it would take for it to be ready, but he'll get it on Monday in Edinburgh. :biggrin2:

No, there was an issue with the printers...who basically lied about the amount of time it would take for it to be ready, but he'll get it on Monday in Edinburgh. :biggrin2:

Thank you for the information. A few days longer to wait for his reaction :wink2:

Did you order it or make it? :shocked: It's such a beautiful cake. I love it! :thumb_yello:

And i love the video with the cockroach. :naughty::roftl:

I had nothing to do with the cake - it was the Italian girls, they organised it and brought it on stage just before Happy Ending.

Okay, I haven't touched my suitcase. I need to get this bloody report out of my system. Rose and I were giggling at 2.30am because it was all so silly and left us so high.

So basically we showed up at midday, got numbers 93 and 94 and worked on our tans for a while. Queueing went by, wasn't mega interesting, saw lots of people, sat down a lot, watched the stage being built, blah blah blah.

7.30 rolled round, we got let in first, we managed to get the last front row spot on the left that's actually worth having, and we sat down for a bit and chilled while I played Boggle on my phone. Rose deafened me when I got the picture of Melachi up on my phone, and probably scared some nearby Italians to death with her 'OH MY GOD!!!!!!' but hey, my hearing came back in time for the show.

The show was possibly the best I've been to. The audience were well up for it, there was a good dj set before and Mika seemed to be in a dancey mood. I don't think anyone really knew what happened during Big Girl when he legged it away from the piano - I thought he'd got an electric shock, but then we find out it's a 'flying cockroach'. (Of course it is, dear.)

Ohhhh and Rose gave John some glasses to give to Mika with Happy Birthday on them and he wore them - I can't remember what song, it might have been Big Girl actually, but he wore them for OMS too, but she can tell you more about that.

The cake part was very sweet and emotional and I think he was quite overwhelmed by it, I got it all on video (as I'm sure many others did) so hopefully you'll be able to see for yourselves tonight. I didn't realise it would be so HUGE! It was massive!

He did extended versions of Blue Eyes and Happy Ending which were just completely beautiful and I died a little bit because they were so excellent. The gig was just wild, I can't say anymore than that. Sweet Dreams was ace as well, I think I only ever saw that once before if at all so I'm pleased he played it.

Afterwards they were clearing everybody out and John came over, so I asked him if there was any chance we'd get to see him, and if not would he be able to pass on my gift, but he said 'yeah, you'll see him' and then it turned out that the Italian fan club were going backstage, so Mellody asked John if we could too (there was only about eight extra of us) and he said yeah sure, in that bloody brilliant way that he does.

Rose had gone back to the hotel because she wanted to pick up her passport as she had to leave at silly o'clock this morning to get to the airportso we were stressing about getting her back in time but she arrived just as we were about to go in.

We all sat down in this little paved area out the back and were chatting, and at some point he arrived, headed over to me and Rose and said 'CIAO!' and we said ciao back and he was chatting to Rose for a bit and she gave him her gifts then just as I started talking to him he got called over somewhere else, and he put his beer and his gifts down, promised he'd come back, and eventually he did.

I got to give him my gift, and told him there was something for Fringe in there (his freak tee) and I also told him we'd be giving him his MFC birthday present at the Fringe and he goes 'Another one!!' and I said 'noooo that's from me, but your MFC birthday present from everyone will be coming at fringe' and he was like 'oooohhhh what is it?' I didn't tell him but I did explain that Ryanair's 'awesomeness allowance' wasn't enough for us to take his present overseas and he told me to repeat it because I was talking too fast but I think I was talking normally and he just wasn't keep up XD Anyway, I repeated, he asked what 'awesomeness' was and I was like 'errrr stuff that's awesome?' and he was like 'Oh my god what IS it?'

But yeah, he thanked me for my gift, told me he'd open it in the car in a sort of apologetic manner but he had his hands full so obviously he wouldn't have been able to open it then and there so I wasn't too worried.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, Rose knocked over his beer :naughty: Nah she didn't really, she tried to save it, and when he came back he was like 'oh no, I don't want it, it's been all on the floor' but there was still half of it left, and he said 'but I'll take the gifts though!'

And I forgot to mention the cake too. They wheeled it out and Mrs P tried to cut into it but she cut into the polystyrene layer :roftl: Eventually she found a bit that was cake and was just cutting cake for about quarter of an hour. We were all picking at the iced piano keys that were left over at the end. It was niiiiice.

I think that's about it - John told me to go get cake while Jimmy was talking to Rose about service stations (the boy is WEIRD) and he was carrying around a shiny gold bag which I told him suited him veeeery nicely.

Little bits will probably come back to me but for now, that's all I can remember. It was an amazing evening, the m&g was as chilled as it could possibly have been, the gig was brilliant, and we were walking down the street afterwards giggling and saying 'we just left Mika's birthday party!!'

Aaaaaah the joys of being a fangurl. :mf_rosetinted:

Wow. sounded amazing.

Yeah, I told him he'd be getting it at the Fringe, so he's expecting it now. Gives him lots of time to get excited about it. :biggrin2:

And here's the video for Sweet Dreams - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDefEGcqEbY

Teehee