Pop star Mika: I'm sending my dog on test flights so she can come on tour with me

Fangirl

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he's been through almost all of Europe, but not Croatia. We stink! :aah:

love the interview!

but i like gaga! guess it is because my sister is her biggest little monster, and i have to go to a concert with her :naughty: i still hope they could be friends :)

"The second record didn't sell as quickly or as aggressively as the first but touring has doubled so it has given me energy to plough into the third record.

"I'm not exhausted. If anything, I'm energised by it all. It has inspired me and shown me things you never imagine.

I love reading this kind of words.... :roftl:

He knows how to tease us with the 3rd album... He looks so confident each time he talks about it :wub2:

Pretty sure it'll be the best one...:boing:

and T4P!!!

I'm sorry. I think it is absolutely ridiculous to even think of taking a dog on tour round the world with you. In every aspect.

I don't doubt he gets lonely on tour...but really. WTF?

:shocked: Is it just me?

Seems that you are not the only one shocked :wink2:

Agree with you also it's a strange idea but I trust him. He knows what he is doing. He wants that dog for so long...

And remember, few months ago, he told with Jools Holland and on Le Grand Journal that he had passed interviews to get this dog and he said many times that he wants to bring him on tour

He is not stupid. Again, I'm sure he knows what he's doing. Maybe he'll take him on Tour in Europe but not in Asia...:dunno:

But please don't judge him. He loves his dog, he'll not be cruel with him...:wags_finger: I'm confident..

Agree with you also it's a strange idea but I trust him. He knows what he is doing. He wants that dog for so long...

And remember, few months ago, he told with Jools Holland and on Le Grand Journal that he passed interviews to get this dog and he said many times that he wants to bring him on tour

He is not stupid. Again, I'm sure he knows what he's doing. Maybe he'll take him on Tour in Europe but not in Asia...:dunno:

But please don't judge him. He loves his dog, he'll not be cruel with him...:wags_finger: I'm confident..

agree..

I'm absolutely sure he does love his dog and wouldn't dream of causing her any harm or undue stress. Which is precisely why I think the idea is a dubious one at best, because I cannot see how constant air travel can fail to cause stress to an animal. It's stressful enough for humans when we choose to do it and are in control!

I'm no bleeding heart animal rights activist, believe me, but I just dislike what Mika is suggesting here. If it's even the whole truth, and forgive me for being sceptical on that count, too :naughty:.

No, I totally agree with you.

And I may be wrong but didn't we used to have quarantine laws in the UK?

I mean I know it's relaxed now for Europe if you have a doggie passport, but don't we still have them for other countries?

And for the record, I really would hate to put my cats in a crate in the hold of an aircraft. I'd only do it if I was emigrating and couldn't drive. It just seems cruel to me.

What are those?

I must say I'm not really up to date with animal transport things. At home I always heard: when you have animals, you don't travel or go on vacation. Needless to say we never went on vacation, only to the beach where we have a flat so we took our pets with us :teehee: (hour drive:teehee:)

Perhaps there are better ways now but I personally couldn't let my dog be kept somewhere in a plane for hours and hours either.

Sound like another 'Mika-ism' to me....

On a more serious note, is it good for animals to be jetting around in aeroplanes to different parts of the world and timezones etc? Dogs need routine and, I will probably get shot down for saying this, but I'm not sure Mika has thought this through from an animal welfare point of view. Yes, we've all gone gooey (me included) over the adorable pics and a dog is a great companion to have, but it's a two-way relationship. I'm not sure what would be worse from the dog's p.o.v. being left with strangers for weeks/months at a time or constantly being hauled around the world in a cold aeroplane hold. I suppose the fact that he is training her from a young age helps, but I still feel a bit uneasy about it. Dogs require commitment and they depend on us - please don't let dear Melachi down..

Just my opinion.

I agree, and this has been my feeling every since I heard he was planning to get a dog. When I look at my parents puppy, the main element is stability, and I really don't know if he's doing Melachi such a favour. yes, she will be adored and loved and cuddled but her life won't be that easy. And the thing is...the dog can't choose for herself, she just has to put up with the life she's presented. Of course, there are millions of animals with terrible fates but as a dog & cat lover, I'm totally not sure if he's the ideal person to have a dog.Or rather, if he leads the ideal life to have a dog.

I know, if I had that kind of life, I wouldn't get a dog.

On a more serious note, is it good for animals to be jetting around in aeroplanes to different parts of the world and timezones etc? Dogs need routine and, I will probably get shot down for saying this, but I'm not sure Mika has thought this through from an animal welfare point of view. Yes, we've all gone gooey (me included) over the adorable pics and a dog is a great companion to have, but it's a two-way relationship. I'm not sure what would be worse from the dog's p.o.v. being left with strangers for weeks/months at a time or constantly being hauled around the world in a cold aeroplane hold. I suppose the fact that he is training her from a young age helps, but I still feel a bit uneasy about it. Dogs require commitment and they depend on us - please don't let dear Melachi down..

Just my opinion.

I think the same. I don't really believe he will seriously take her with him on tour, though. He's so considerate in everything he does and with everyone around him, that I just can't believe he really wants to have her as some sort of mascot travelling around with him.

And that

The idea is the dog is going to come on tour with me so basically a friend of mine is putting her on planes and driving her around to get her used to the travelling.

sounds far too John Travolta to me to believe it. :naughty:

Just my opinion.

No, I totally agree with you.

And I may be wrong but didn't we used to have quarantine laws in the UK?

I mean I know it's relaxed now for Europe if you have a doggie passport, but don't we still have them for other countries?

And for the record, I really would hate to put my cats in a crate in the hold of an aircraft. I'd only do it if I was emigrating and couldn't drive. It just seems cruel to me.

I think there are other countries that will qualify but how far do you want to take a dog on a short trip anyway? Like you said putting them in cargo hold all the time seems cruel. I wouldn't want to do it for more than a couple of hours just so they could keep me company. I think feeling lonely when you're on tour with 50 other people, including friends and family, is not sufficient enough reason to be dragging a large dog from pillar to post.

I'm sorry. I think it is absolutely ridiculous to even think of taking a dog on tour round the world with you. In every aspect.

I don't doubt he gets lonely on tour...but really. WTF?

:shocked: Is it just me?

I'm absolutely sure he does love his dog and wouldn't dream of causing her any harm or undue stress. Which is precisely why I think the idea is a dubious one at best, because I cannot see how constant air travel can fail to cause stress to an animal. It's stressful enough for humans when we choose to do it and are in control!

I'm no bleeding heart animal rights activist, believe me, but I just dislike what Mika is suggesting here. If it's even the whole truth, and forgive me for being sceptical on that count, too :naughty:.

I agree, and this has been my feeling every since I heard he was planning to get a dog. When I look at my parents puppy, the main element is stability, and I really don't know if he's doing Melachi such a favour. yes, she will be adored and loved and cuddled but her life won't be that easy. And the thing is...the dog can't choose for herself, she just has to put up with the life she's presented. Of course, there are millions of animals with terrible fates but as a dog & cat lover, I'm totally not sure if he's the ideal person to have a dog.Or rather, if he leads the ideal life to have a dog.

I know, if I had that kind of life, I wouldn't get a dog.

Completely agree with all of you and some of you who I missed to quote. I honestly never thought he really meant it when he said he'd take his dog on tour with him. I don't think it's physically possible (with quarantine & all as Babs mentioned), as well it cost more to transport a pet than yourself frm one country to the another. Not saying he can't afford it, but it's extra baggage in all sense. Maybe if he's talking abt taking Melachi around europe by land and occasional flights but not on tour for real, perhaps it makes sense. But still I just think it's a cruel & selfish to put your pet through tour & I really think he is (as Babs said) talking out of his arse again. :aah:

Me too :aah:

Is it wrong to not want Mika to bask in the reflected glory of the biggest current pop star in the world by collaborating with her? :blush-anim-cl:

Nope, he doesn't need that! It's a relief that he probably won't do it!:roftl:

:biggrin2:

Wishful thinking!:teehee: Or a really good friend!

tnx for posting this interview..

And remember, few months ago, he told with Jools Holland and on Le Grand Journal that he had passed interviews to get this dog and he said many times that he wants to bring him on tour

:thumb_yello: good says

i think he'll be good owner..:wink2:

Well, on the travelling dog discussion, my dad breeds Chihuahuas and once sold a puppy to a gay couple who say him as their son. The dog has seen more of the world than I have. But ofcourse, I must admit, a Chihuahua can be taken into the cabin, a GR can't...

you wanted, yea..?:roftl::roftl::roftl:

I wouldn't mind cuddling with Mika, fetching his balls and getting stroked in front of a fireplace. I'd take the car sickness and the cargos for granted:mf_rosetinted:

Damn, that sounded wrong:aah:

I wouldn't mind cuddling with Mika, fetching his balls and getting stroked in front of a fireplace. I'd take the car sickness and the cargos for granted:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: I think we know what you meant :wink2:

I think the same. I don't really believe he will seriously take her with him on tour, though. He's so considerate in everything he does and with everyone around him, that I just can't believe he really wants to have her as some sort of mascot travelling around with him.

And that

In case this confuses you - John Travolta's 2 beloved dogs were run over and killed at an airport in Maine I think. Very tragic. Dogs are put on planes and you lose control over their safety and well being once they are put in cargo holds. If you have a very small animal, you can put it under your seat. It also is upsetting to have these newspapers calling the dog a "mutt" - she is a pure bred golden retriever - a mutt is of questionable parentage. I worry for the puppy - owners are usually well meaning, but things happen.

Be careful because Mika kicks ass! :lmfao:

Archived