• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the topic for the new column, it's one of my favorites. Personally I'm very sensitive with smells, I can't wear many perfumes (they give me a headache), most of them are simply too strong. But I love smells, like the smell of lemon, coffee or babies, dogs or books and I absolutely love the smell of some special people :wub2:

Happy they shared the original text so soon! We missed the previous one, didn't we?

tanks for the original version! = D

I loved this article :mikalove: it's romantic! :mikalove:i prefer it a thousand times over the last one !

oh and now I'll smell a perfume three times for feeling the 3differents smells :mikacool:

Congrats to the inspirer! lucky you! ^^ I thought I quoted you o.O Anyways, anyone knows who the inspirer is = )

[...]Not sure what Mika means about smells being the hardest to recall. I am an aural person but I still have strong smell recall and I would think most people do as it's such a primitive sense and integral to eating and just generally staying alive. Every time he mentions the plastic dolls I feel slighly nauseous because I remember exactly what they smell like and I find it disgusting. :naughty:

I think I understand what he means. Well, smell IS a primitive sense, and almost every person can smell, and a lot of people can smell something that would kill them. There are people who can't smell for different reasons. I lost my sense of smell during a year and a half for a weird disease :blink: I couldn't smeel anything! not even the most "strong" smells. Thank God I was able to recover the sense of smell after a surgery :blink:. In the other hand, not all the people can smell something that could kill them: cyanide is a deadly poison that can be smelled only for a percentage of the population. It's genetic. Then, some people with certain genetics can smell certain things Then, it's easy to think that just certain people can recall smells. I can recall some smells, but couln't explain which scents conform it :blink: anyways, thank God (and my Doctor) that I can smell again =) sorry if this is too boring to read. I'd love to be as good writer as Mika. oh, and forgive my english u.u still working on it

I hope he won't get any trouble with Rihanna :naughty:

:aah: that would be funny . Considering the fact that, in my country, Rihanna appears in the news sometimes but Mika doesn't, if she gest too angry with Mika, then Mika could appear on the news too :wub2: Rihanna please get mad!! :aah:

I think I understand what he means. Well, smell IS a primitive sense, and almost every person can smell, and a lot of people can smell something that would kill them. There are people who can't smell for different reasons. I lost my sense of smell during a year and a half for a weird disease :blink: I couldn't smeel anything! not even the most "strong" smells. Thank God I was able to recover the sense of smell after a surgery :blink:. In the other hand, not all the people can smell something that could kill them: cyanide is a deadly poison that can be smelled only for a percentage of the population. It's genetic. Then, some people with certain genetics can smell certain things Then, it's easy to think that just certain people can recall smells. I can recall some smells, but couln't explain which scents conform it :blink: anyways, thank God (and my Doctor) that I can smell again =) sorry if this is too boring to read. I'd love to be as good writer as Mika. oh, and forgive my english u.u still working on it

Were you able to "taste" flavors??

sorry if this is too boring to read. I'd love to be as good writer as Mika. oh, and forgive my english u.u still working on it

No it's not too boring and your English is quite good.

I didn't know about cyanide. Never tried to smell it. :naughty:

Anyway it's interesting to hear other people's experiences. I can't imagine not being able to taste food. That must have sucked!! :sad: I have been going through this thing the past few years where I can pretty much only eat what I'm craving which comes from memories of taste and is often triggered by smells. I think I would become anorexic if I couldn't smell or taste.

NO :tears:

I guessed that.

No it's not too boring and your English is quite good.

I didn't know about cyanide. Never tried to smell it. :naughty:

Anyway it's interesting to hear other people's experiences. I can't imagine not being able to taste food. That must have sucked!! :sad: I have been going through this thing the past few years where I can pretty much only eat what I'm craving which comes from memories of taste and is often triggered by smells. I think I would become anorexic if I couldn't smell or taste.

In my case I love when I´m sick and I can´t "taste" flavors, cause it´s the only way I eat things like espinacs and stuff :aah: My mother used to make me eat everything green in the fridge as soon as I got sick cause she knew it was the only way to make me eat some vegetables :naughty:

In my case I love when I´m sick and I can´t "taste" flavors, cause it´s the only way I eat things like espinacs and stuff :aah: My mother used to make me eat everything green in the fridge as soon as I got sick cause she knew it was the only way to make me eat some vegetables :naughty:

Good plan :lmfao:

You can put a handful of spinach into a smoothie with yogurt, bananas and some berries and you won't taste it at all. The other flavours completely overpower it.

I find this article very easy to relate with! I've also had a fascination, and collected to a small extent. (I ran out of jars:sneaky2:) The whole idea of a smell bringing back memories is so incredibly true. I find smells even easier to relate to my past than anything visual. For instance, the other day I was at the local shopping mall. While in a shop, I was arranging the on-display perfume bottles (I have a fetish with them always being right in front of their display boxes) and I came across the same perfume my old exchange student wore every single day. I didn't know the name of it before hand, but while moving the bottle I caught a whiff, and my mind automatically took me back to when I was 9 or 10 years old and sitting on the couch with my dearest Anouk. Keep in mind, I haven't smelled this scent in 6 or 7 years. It's crazy how the mind can't remember faces from last week, but if the smell means enough to you, will be locked in your brain forever.

Always interesting what he has to say about things, his way peluliar writing is fascinating :wub2:

I don't have olfactory memory but musical memory :teehee:

But I remember the smell of my grandmother's food was very good :wub2: but overall I don't like smell of food :shocked: especially when I go to shoppings, I run these places :mf_rosetinted:

And smells of oil and gas is horrible to me :mf_rosetinted:

Mika should come and clean my garage path where the dogs poo, then he'll see what awful smell smells like...

Or clean my cats litter after coming home from hospital ater 3 weeks...As much as i told my huband and children to clean it they wouldn't so i had the wonderful duty of cleaning 3 weeks of cat poo in a small litter when i came back...Was Mika there to help? No! So **** Mika and his smells theories:naughty:

Mika should come and clean my garage path where the dogs poo, then he'll see what awful smell smells like...

Or clean my cats litter after coming home from hospital ater 3 weeks...As much as i told my huband and children to clean it they wouldn't so i had the wonderful duty of cleaning 3 weeks of cat poo in a small litter when i came back...Was Mika there to help? No! So **** Mika and his smells theories:naughty:

:shocked:

:roftl:

:floor::floor::floor:

And to think i named the labrador after him!!!:shocked:

Every morning i wake up and see the loads of poo he left all over the place through the night and say; Mika, you pig!

don't you walk your dogs? :blink:

And to think i named the labrador after him!!!:shocked:

Every morning i wake up and see the loads of poo he left all over the place through the night and say; Mika, you pig!

:lmfao: ohh heavens stop stop Carla you're killing me

on floor again .....

:floor:

Do you think Melachi excretes rose petals? Maybe plastic doll heads?

How the hell should i know? Maybe if he feeds her bouquets or pot pourri....:mf_rosetinted: Or Barbie dolls from his childhood....:mf_rosetinted:

Edit: I like the word you used excrete.:lmfao:

Edited by willywonka

How the hell should i know? Maybe if he feeds her bouquets or pot pourri....:mf_rosetinted: Or Barbie dolls from his childhood....:mf_rosetinted:

I think he's been feeding her rainbows and butterflies. :pinkbow:

unicornpoop.jpg

Maybe somebody else does the walking for him :naughty:

You think? :fisch:

No, thanks.... I might end up :puking:

I'm serious, you can't taste it. Why don't you try it out on your son and see? :teehee: