• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't know why, this article made me so sad, and at the same time nostalgic, thinking about my own teenage years, and where I am now. About friends.

Thank you, Mika, for making me stop for a while and think.

Almost every of his articles makes me think about my own life and values, but this one is even more powerful (as for me).

Wow mika! His articles are just as good as his songs.

This article has explained quite a lot, as with most of the other articles, but like his songs there are deeper bits that need to be read over more than once to fully understand.

Was I the only one worrying about mika? He seemed kind of lonely and sad when he came out of hiding, and trying to be like a different person. In one way the article reassures me that he's over it , but the loneliness thing keeps on coming up.

It's strange to worry about someone you've never met in person, but then mika is quite a substantial part of my life!

'you mean the world to me but you'll never know' comes to mind.

TOOL sounds like mika- that's gotta be a good sign!

Maybe that's what he gets for pushing their deadline too far. :fisch:

:teehee:

By the way, it's totally different and only now i recognize Mika: he is always able to surprise and thrill me at the same time... :wub2:

I would love to read a complete book written by Mika, I love his style so much! Such a great article, so deep and thoughtful. I´m speechless now!

I agree. I remember that little story he did about The Mubbins, which was with TBWKTM was brilliant!

I actually thought, at the time, that he should have brought out The Mubbins as cuddly toys and wrote other little stories about them. They could have been bigger than The Ninja Turtles and the Care Bears were.

But whatever he would decide to write about, He has such a vivid imagination, he could come up with something really awesome.

Oh jeez that's a whole different story, just as I thought. :roftl: Were huge chunks of it missing in the magazine?

I once came across that publication he is talking about that he started at Westminster. Think it was called "Pink" or something. Can't remember.

I'm pretty sure there was some marijuana happening at Olympic Studios as well so some things never change. :mikacool:

When one time i could speak with him, he makes me the next question..

Do you know what´s my colour? and this question i think that in the first entry to this MFC have been it made me too?

I answer PURPLE cause i like this colour, but i don´t think thas this is the answer neither...Then when he started he was a bit famous ya...??he was very web internet user.. so he started work with other artist famous... I think so...So the influence of his fans make him the creation of Lollipops draws...etc-- and draws of her...so the 2º Album is like more dinamic like his life...And more conexion to public. Now is more elaborate and introspective point of view.

i like the final part when he said."Fear leaves you isolation..litle part of you dies"cause is origin of all our conversations with him here..And his own closed to rest world...

And of course i love about his thoughts :mikalove:of Love, and searching of this love so naturally in his age boy.()LIke other boys)..

And the hide influence that higlight of his own orientation guide sexual...

:mikasweat:and th hide faces of this , not madnes, not involution only perspectives of life...

Edited by mer

• 2 weeks later...

I beg you all to help me! :bow: I can't understand the exact meaning of the word "sessions" in this piece of XL column "and travelled around fighting for sessions and looking for freaks"! Can you give me a synonyme or explain it to me, please! I need it cos I'm translating this article for Russian fans, not just for me :sweatdrop: I will be very, very pleased, if somebody help me!

I beg you all to help me! :bow: I can't understand the exact meaning of the word "sessions" in this piece of XL column "and travelled around fighting for sessions and looking for freaks"! Can you give me a synonyme or explain it to me, please! I need it cos I'm translating this article for Russian fans, not just for me :sweatdrop: I will be very, very pleased, if somebody help me!

I don't know exactly what he means by "fighting for sessions". I'm not sure why one would have to fight for them and he doesn't really explain :naughty:

But when he talks about the sessions with Nick Littlemore he means that they agreed to set aside some time together in a studio and work on (writing) music. I can't really think of a synonym but I hope this makes sense.

I don't know exactly what he means by "fighting for sessions". I'm not sure why one would have to fight for them and he doesn't really explain :naughty:

But when he talks about the sessions with Nick Littlemore he means that they agreed to set aside some time together in a studio and work on (writing) music. I can't really think of a synonym but I hope this makes sense.

Thank you for your answer! I appreciate it!

I thought about 'session' in this meaning, but couldn't tie it with 'fighting' :blink: I suppose it not only my problem, hm. I begin to understand what do you mean...

Thank you for your answer! I appreciate it!

I thought about 'session' in this meaning, but couldn't tie it with 'fighting' :blink: I suppose it not only my problem, hm. I begin to understand what do you mean...

Maybe he had difficulty getting meetings with people or co-ordinating everyone's schedule or booking studio space. But he doesn't really explain so I'm not sure where the "fighting" comes in. :dunno:

I think it means that he had to look around for studio time, and maybe someone else sometimes wanted the same time, so he had to try and get it for himself.

It doesn't mean, literally, fighting someone.

I think it means that he had to look around for studio time, and maybe someone else sometimes wanted the same time, so he had to try and get it for himself.

It doesn't mean, literally, fighting someone.

Thank you a lot for your help!

Now I understand that I'm not so dull in English, as I thought. I always has so many doubts when I read Mika's articles, I mean "Did I understand it right?" Cos English words and expressions have so many meanings :blink:

Thank you a lot for your help!

Now I understand that I'm not so dull in English, as I thought. I always has so many doubts when I read Mika's articles, I mean "Did I understand it right?" Cos English words and expressions have so many meanings :blink:

I am a native English speaker and it took me a long time just to get used to British English so don't feel bad! I watched a British soap opera periodically for about 10 years and lived in England for a bit before I could truly understand everyday language and references.

I am a native English speaker and it took me a long time just to get used to British English so don't feel bad! I watched a British soap opera periodically for about 10 years and lived in England for a bit before I could truly understand everyday language and references.

Thank you for your support :aah:

• 2 weeks later...