Mika's Magic Numbers - The Final Countdown

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Calling all Mika’s Magic Numbers players - the end is almost here.

For the past few months you’ve been racing to accumulate points by entering competitions, buying tickets, merch and records and contributing to the Mika fanclub.

Alas, all good things must end, and the game is coming to a close on October 31st, 2010.

At that time, the very top players will be invited to an exclusive, intimate Mika gig. Yet more leading number nabbers will be invited to an exclusive Champagne reception with Mika himself.

In the meantime, we will no longer be awarding points for posting comments, photos or videos to mikasounds. You’ve all done us proud and helped build a thriving community. Now we think it’s time to let it grow at its own pace.

Instead there’ll be two new ways you can win points as Mika’s Magic Numbers draws to a close.

First up, we want YOU to design a Mika t-shirt. You can be as creative as you like, let your imagination run wild. All entries will be posted on the site and get you a 1000 Mika points.

The winner - as chosen by Mika - will see their design put into production for sale in the Mika Store and also earn 25,000 Mika Points. Just email your designs to tshirts@mikasounds.com for your chance to win.

Secondly, we want to know what you think of Mika’s music - post a video review of your favourite albums and singles to date and it’ll earn you 1500 points.

Good luck everyone.

(Posted on Mikasounds - 31st August 2010)

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didn't it say on the website that's is game that can go on forever?

so no more points at all after 31 october?? or does it start over again?

edit: not that it matters for me, i've only got very few points, seeing as i only joined in january and only earned some points bying the cd's

(didn't really post on mikasounds website :blush-anim-cl:)

:aah: finally the spamming for points will stop.

thanks for posting freddio! :thumb_yello:

No problemski! (from Mikasounds obviously)

didn't it say on the website that's is game that can go on forever?

so no more points at all after 31 october?? or does it start over again?

Hmm I would "think" that is it , game over (me speaking)

No problemski! (from Mikasounds obviously)

Hmm I would "think" that is it , game over (me speaking)

ok thanks for letting us know

does it state anywhere what the deadline is for those t-shirt an review thingies??

(might have read over it :blush-anim-cl:)

Calling all Mika’s Magic Numbers players - the end is almost here.

For the past few months you’ve been racing to accumulate points by entering competitions, buying tickets, merch and records and contributing to the Mika fanclub.

Alas, all good things must end, and the game is coming to a close on October 31st, 2010.

At that time, the very top players will be invited to an exclusive, intimate Mika gig. Yet more leading number nabbers will be invited to an exclusive Champagne reception with Mika himself.

In the meantime, we will no longer be awarding points for posting comments, photos or videos to mikasounds. You’ve all done us proud and helped build a thriving community. Now we think it’s time to let it grow at its own pace.

Instead there’ll be two new ways you can win points as Mika’s Magic Numbers draws to a close.

First up, we want YOU to design a Mika t-shirt. You can be as creative as you like, let your imagination run wild. All entries will be posted on the site and get you a 1000 Mika points.

The winner - as chosen by Mika - will see their design put into production for sale in the Mika Store and also earn 25,000 Mika Points. Just email your designs to tshirts@mikasounds.com for your chance to win.

Secondly, we want to know what you think of Mika’s music - post a video review of your favourite albums and singles to date and it’ll earn you 1500 points.

Good luck everyone.

aww so is this that livingroom gig? or something else :teehee:

wish I could see some reports after that in here :naughty:

:boxed: didn't it say it'd run til september 2011, and would be rather a marathon than a sprint?! :aah:

i had believed in the magic numbers thing, despite all the problems with it, but NOW i'm kinda disappointed, with them changing it from one day to the next. :boxed:

well, let's see how many those "very top players" are. maybe there's still hope for me then, to get something out of this, since i spent a lot of time on uploading stuff there. :dunno:

:boxed: didn't it say it'd run til september 2011, and would be rather a marathon than a sprint?! :aah:

i had believed in the magic numbers thing, despite all the problems with it, but NOW i'm kinda disappointed, with them changing it from one day to the next. :boxed:

well, let's see how many those "very top players" are. maybe there's still hope for me then, to get something out of this, since i spent a lot of time on uploading stuff there. :dunno:

:shocked: What, you're not the winner of that gig? I seriously thought it would be you! I mean you've been to so many gigs, uploaded so much videos, written so many reports... I really can't imagine who else it can be...

:shocked: What, you're not the winner of that gig? I seriously thought it would be you! I really can't imagine who else it can be...

The top points getter was 500,000+ the last time I checked. No one can get that through legitimate means IMO. So I'm guessing Mellody is ranked lower than that. But I hope this change in the prizes means it will work in favour of people who have been contributing points legitimately and not spamming.

@southeast nope, i only have a bit more than 100.000 points and am number 17 with that. :wink2:

just looked in that pdf file on mikasounds again, there it says:

500,000 points Private Acoustic Set with MIKA (first 5 only)

325,000 points Champagne Meet & Greet (first 10 only)

so if they keep to that, it would be the first 15. *wonders whether buying that biotg shirt she wanted would get her from no.17 to no.15* :fisch::naughty:

:aah::aah::aah:

ahahah...mellody.... didn't you see mika enough this year??? :D sorry,I'm joking!

yes... but i guess that'd only take place next year, or on the next tour. :naughty:

nah, seriously... of course i saw him very often, and if it was just some competition, i wouldn't care that much. but i spent a lot of time, energy, and also some money on this magic numbers thing and would just like to get some reward for it. :wink2: if it's "just" the private video message that i'd normally get for my 100.000 points, well, at least that would be better than nothing. but if the first 15 got a gig or champagne m+g, and some of them had earned their numbers in unfair ways, i'd be a bit p*ssed if with my - fairly earned - number 17, i'd get nothing of that. :wink2:

though i guess if they choose the first 20, number 21 would be p*ssed... so i guess that's why they won't say how many it'll be. :fisch: *goes shopping on sandbag* :mf_rosetinted:

Whaaatt :shocked:

And what about that two newish things..

I can't find the review things. So i wonder, does the t-shirt create + review thing start in November or is it all before the 31th of october and then all Mika's Magic Points just.. dissapear? :boxed:

didn't you already get your "message"? :o

nope... guess i'd have to mail them and ask for it, which i didn't do yet in the few weeks since i reached the 100.000 points. :wink2: since i still don't know whether you'll lose your points when you get one of those things, i wasn't sure what to do. :dunno:

Well it wouldn't make any difference to me, even if I did win the t shirt comp, it wouldn't bring me anywhere near the 500,000 points needed to get the big prizes.

So good luck to who ever it is, god knows how you did it!

nope... guess i'd have to mail them and ask for it, which i didn't do yet in the few weeks since i reached the 100.000 points. :wink2: since i still don't know whether you'll lose your points when you get one of those things, i wasn't sure what to do. :dunno:

No you don't lose your points. I know someone who has received the video and the points are still intact. :thumb_yello:

...yes, it was suposed to run until September 2011:mf_rosetinted:

It's not fair! :crybaby::badmood:

Archived