Mika's Magic Numbers - The Final Countdown

FREDDIESDOUBLE

@southeast nope, i only have a bit more than 100.000 points and am number 17 with that. :wink2:

just looked in that pdf file on mikasounds again, there it says:

500,000 points Private Acoustic Set with MIKA (first 5 only)

325,000 points Champagne Meet & Greet (first 10 only)

so if they keep to that, it would be the first 15. *wonders whether buying that biotg shirt she wanted would get her from no.17 to no.15* :fisch::naughty:

:aah::aah::aah:

:shocked: Well, if YOU have 100.000 points, then I am really interested who gets those 500.000 points. That can't be correct, I mean HOW can anyone win so many points! I really can't believe that. :boxed:

Well anyway, I wish you luck with those points and that you at least get that M&G! You really deserve it! :thumb_yello:

I don't think we'll ever find out who those winners are. I don't think they exist. I think they just wanted to end the whole thing and just made something up and aren't going to do any vlogs about that gig or the M&G if you ask me. :boxed:

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@southeast nope, i only have a bit more than 100.000 points and am number 17 with that. :wink2:

just looked in that pdf file on mikasounds again, there it says:

500,000 points Private Acoustic Set with MIKA (first 5 only)

325,000 points Champagne Meet & Greet (first 10 only)

so if they keep to that, it would be the first 15. *wonders whether buying that biotg shirt she wanted would get her from no.17 to no.15* :fisch::naughty:

:aah::aah::aah:

Be carefull not to waste money.

As it is written the first 5 of the winners of 500.000 points win the Private Acoustic Set.

They did a limit to avoid that Mika was in duty to do 137 private gigs if 137 fans win 500.000 points (sorry for the wrong verbs :blush-anim-cl:).

So if you are at 5 position but you have 150.000 points you dont deserve the Private Gig.

This is the interpretation of the rules.

Maybe they change rules or prizes.

If just one person win the gig maybe they will decide to allow someone others (for exmple who has 498.000 points).

So i dont see a reason to run to waste money to buy useless stuffs now, just to gain some position.

Anyway, anyone is free to do what he wants... but it is better to not give a bad example to youngers fans (theyr parents's credit card will be not happy).

Me too i will check how many points i have and i try to have points i deserve, since i never received poinst for Itunes music, since the website dont find my Itunes folder :aah:

:bye:

Well it wouldn't make any difference to me, even if I did win the t shirt comp, it wouldn't bring me anywhere near the 500,000 points needed to get the big prizes.

So good luck to who ever it is, god knows how you did it!

the way i understood it, you don't need 500.000 points anymore now to get that stuff, but just need to be amongst the first... whatever number. :dunno:

No you don't lose your points. I know someone who has received the video and the points are still intact. :thumb_yello:

ok, thank you. :thumb_yello: they're fast! :shocked: knowing how things usually go in mikaland, i didn't think anyone would receive the video or other of those prizes within a year after asking! :naughty:

nope... guess i'd have to mail them and ask for it, which i didn't do yet in the few weeks since i reached the 100.000 points. :wink2: since i still don't know whether you'll lose your points when you get one of those things, i wasn't sure what to do. :dunno:

Good luck, Melody, I'm sure you'll be there (gig or M&G)! :thumb_yello:

Be carefull not to waste money.

As it is written the first 5 of the winners of 500.000 points win the Private Acoustic Set.

They did a limit to avoid that Mika was in duty to do 137 private gigs if 137 fans win 500.000 points (sorry for the wrong verbs :blush-anim-cl:).

So if you are at 5 position but you have 150.000 points you dont deserve the Private Gig.

This is the interpretation of the rules.

Maybe they change rules or prizes.

If just one person win the gig maybe they will decide to allow someone others (for exmple who has 498.000 points).

So i dont see a reason to run to waste money to buy useless stuffs now, just to gain some position.

Anyway, anyone is free to do what he wants... but it is better to not give a bad example to youngers fans (theyr parents's credit card will be not happy).

Me too i will check how many points i have and i try to have points i deserve, since i never received poinst for Itunes music, since the website dont find my Itunes folder :aah:

:bye:

no worries allegra, i just wanted to buy the shirt that i planned to buy anyway - all i wanted was to wait til my bank account had recovered from the tour, but now i prefer to hurry, that's all. :wink2:

:jawdrop: Ending so soon!

I really thought this was going to be a Mika time thing and it's almost over already!

Anyway, whoever is the happy one or are the happy ones, have a wonderful time and tell us everything on MFC so we feel like we were there too and :woot_jump: with you!

no worries allegra, i just wanted to buy the shirt that i planned to buy anyway - all i wanted was to wait til my bank account had recovered from the tour, but now i prefer to hurry, that's all. :wink2:

ah ok, if you like t-shirt buy it

and good luck for everything :thumb_yello:

I don't think we'll ever find out who those winners are. I don't think they exist. I think they just wanted to end the whole thing and just made something up and aren't going to do any vlogs about that gig or the M&G if you ask me. :boxed:

I don't think so. I know we've had discussions about Mika being a white liar and all of that but he has been saying since the beginning that he would do one private gig and he usually does what he says he's going to do in the end. I don't think he's going to renege on it, especially now that they are announcing it's going to happen.

There are people on Mikasounds who know who the top points earners are and they are communicating with each other. Someone is going to notice if no one gets the prize, especially if they are in first place!

You may be right that we don't hear much about it from official channels but I don't think they are making things up.

the way i understood it, you don't need 500.000 points anymore now to get that stuff, but just need to be amongst the first... whatever number. :dunno:

ok, thank you. :thumb_yello: they're fast! :shocked: knowing how things usually go in mikaland, i didn't think anyone would receive the video or other of those prizes within a year after asking! :naughty:

Still wouldn't make a difference to me though, couldn't get the points for cds or dvds, as the laptop wouldn't let the damn things upload to claim them:aah:

And can't afford the t shirts as too busy spending money on the actual gigs.

:blink:

Why does the whole Magic Numbers thingy stops so sudden?

Didn't they wrote that it isn't a sprint?

I think, some of the high ranked people will get defaulted due to spam or something. I can't imagine that they've done it all without cheating...

The idea of designing a Mika shirt is cool, IMO, but it won't help me.:aah: IF I won, I would be in the 42000 points area...

And video reviews are not my thing:naughty:

That's what i understand from the new post on mikasounds too. "...the very top players will be invited to an exclusive, intimate Mika gig. Yet more leading number nabbers will be invited to an exclusive Champagne reception with Mika himself." So that sounds to me like not only one winner will get a private acoustic gig, but the top players will be invited to a very small gig. And even more to that Champagne reception. So if you're number 17 i'm quite sure you'll be included. I wonder how many they'll invite, but probably around 20 people?! :dunno: Good luck anyway to you and all the other (fair!) top players :wink2:

I agree with southeast, whoever wins these prices - I hope it's some people from on here who will most willingly spoil us with a lovely report afterwards :biggrin2:

+1 :biggrin2:

I don't think so. I know we've had discussions about Mika being a white liar and all of that but he has been saying since the beginning that he would do one private gig and he usually does what he says he's going to do in the end. I don't think he's going to renege on it, especially now that they are announcing it's going to happen.

There are people on Mikasounds who know who the top points earners are and they are communicating with each other. Someone is going to notice if no one gets the prize, especially if they are in first place!

You may be right that we don't hear much about it from official channels but I don't think they are making things up.

I am sure Mika would do a gig if someone really winned those points.

But somehow the timing is too good to be true: end of current Mika gigs/concerts/tour, end of competition, end of current project "Mika 2009/10". It sounds too much like a marketing kind of thinking to me. Perhaps they'll even make changes on the mikasounds.com homepage as well, you know, like: Everything is going to be new for the new album.

And if no one really reached those 500 000 points how will the other fans ever know if they don't publish those gigs? Perhaps they'll do a collective M&G for all 10 pple with +325 000 points & that will be it.

Yeah, I know I am skeptical, that's my Bulgarian upbringing "never trust the officials"...:teehee: I really hope some pple win those gigs and M&Gs and we get loads of reports about that. Wish you luck people! :thumb_yello:

I lost hope of winning something nice with the magic numbers a long time ago. But i do want to win this contest. And no the points wouldn't help me much but the thought of them putting your design in the shop is what i love.That has always been my dream so i'm going for it!!

ohhh the thought of going to a gig and see people in my design thats a dream coming true , its even a bigger dream to me than winning a private gig .

I have to admit that I forgot about the MMN thing for a long time. I wasn't patient enough to upload all my vids/pics, to comment and I hadn't any new things to valid.

But the end comes very quickly now:blink:

That's how it sounds to me too, but that's my own interpretation (not any sort of confirmation from Team Mika).

It says the leader has 506,020 points, so if you are at #17 with just over 100,000 points then I'd assume there are only a couple people who have reached the 500,000 mark - maybe the leader and one or two others. So IMHO it's a bit unclear just how many people will be invited to this private gig or champagne reception.

I also wonder what's going on with the signed artwork and platinum award... will they give those away to the top posters regardless of whether those people have hit the 150,000 and 225,000 point milestones, or only to those who HAVE attained that many points? Or not at all?

Sigh. :rolls_eyes:

I agree with southeast, whoever wins these prices - I hope it's some people from on here who will most willingly spoil us with a lovely report afterwards :biggrin2:

well, if i can go, you'd definitely get a report. :naughty: tbh, i am also really curious about who the top 10 or 20 are, how many of them are mfcers. :dunno:

But somehow the timing is too good to be true: end of current Mika gigs/concerts/tour, end of competition, end of current project "Mika 2009/10". It sounds too much like a marketing kind of thinking to me. Perhaps they'll even make changes on the mikasounds.com homepage as well, you know, like: Everything is going to be new for the new album.

i agree with that. maybe, especially since you can't collect points by commenting or uploading pix/vids anymore now, they are hoping that many people buy stuff on sandbag now to get more points, so it's a kind of clearance. :fisch:

Archived