Mika's Magic Numbers - The Final Countdown

FREDDIESDOUBLE

:boxed: didn't it say it'd be rather a marathon than a sprint?! :aah:

Yep, I've read that, too. :roftl: Publicly a marathon... :teehee:

Hope we get some proper reports of the M&G fest :biggrin2:

Now I think I should have donated my points so someone else could benefit. :blink: I didn't because I was ogling at the artwork and thought I had plenty of time :biggrin2: and might have a chance to gain that one day without buying stuff I wouldn't have bought otherwise and without posting posts for the sake of it.

However, congrats to everyone who earned the personalzed stuff :flowers2:

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i need help :D how do u think we need to post only artwork for t-shirt or image with fully sketched t-shirt? :dunno:

Oh I think you send your drawing and they will make the print of it :blink: why ? you wanted to make your print by yourself ? (sorry I did not understand your question I guess)

I was asking myself for a print, it's better to send a pdf then more than a jpg ? :hypo: or what ?

That's how it sounds to me too, but that's my own interpretation (not any sort of confirmation from Team Mika).

It says the leader has 506,020 points, so if you are at #17 with just over 100,000 points then I'd assume there are only a couple people who have reached the 500,000 mark - maybe the leader and one or two others. So IMHO it's a bit unclear just how many people will be invited to this private gig or champagne reception.

I also wonder what's going on with the signed artwork and platinum award... will they give those away to the top posters regardless of whether those people have hit the 150,000 and 225,000 point milestones, or only to those who HAVE attained that many points? Or not at all?

Sigh. :rolls_eyes:

Yes, exactly, sigh, that's all I have to add :thumb_yello:

I'm about 153rd lol - hope we get some MFC'ers there and get some nice reports - I could never be bothered to upload stuff or do posts to get points .... :dunno: I'm just not very ... competitive :wink2:

ohhh the thought of going to a gig and see people in my design thats a dream coming true , its even a bigger dream to me than winning a private gig .

Good luck!

*cracks knuckles* They want a tshirt? They'll get a damn tshirt. :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: Yes I think a few of us already have designs. Don't need to waste much time on that. :teehee:

But somehow the timing is too good to be true: end of current Mika gigs/concerts/tour, end of competition, end of current project "Mika 2009/10". It sounds too much like a marketing kind of thinking to me.

For sure it's a marketing thing. Universal was pitching it that way within the industry when it launched. That doesn't mean the prizes are non-existent.

I don't think there are any legitimate 500k+ points earners either, but it seems like they've changed the rules since they have moved up the date so you don't need 500k to win. You just need to be in the top 5, 10, however many they are going to choose.

Perhaps they'll even make changes on the mikasounds.com homepage as well, you know, like: Everything is going to be new for the new album.

It took them a year last time. I don't think they'll do it now. I predict Mika will change his mind 50 times between now and then.

Yeah, I know I am skeptical, that's my Bulgarian upbringing "never trust the officials"...:teehee:

I don't trust them at all. They've totally screwed up this competition from start to finish. But it is finishing and they are saying that the top people will get the gig, so I expect it will happen. I just hope it goes to someone like Mellody and not someone who's been spamming Mikasounds night and day for a year.

well, if i can go, you'd definitely get a report. :naughty: tbh, i am also really curious about who the top 10 or 20 are, how many of them are mfcers. :dunno:

I don't think anyone has time to spam Mikasounds and be on MFC at the same time. :naughty:

:lmfao:

I was wondering about the 'where do I upload my design' posts in this thread and read only now about the t-shirt contest.

This made me really :teehee: and then :lmao:

Do I get that right or am I really, really thick?

The glorious winner gets fantastic 25,000 points and Mikasounds gets another design to sell in their shop for (their own) profit?

:blink:

Have fun with that! :thumb_yello:

I'm happy it's going to end soon, but I really wanted the artwork. :tears: I would buy one if some were put on sale. :wub2:

Hey, I would give you my points if that helps :wink2:! Is that possible at all?

I just saw I would get a Mika digital video collection, but I don't need it. :dunno:

I would love to get an artwork too, but with 14000 points...:blink:

there's some things that seem weird to me in their post.

For the past few months you’ve been racing to accumulate points by entering competitions, buying tickets, merch and records and contributing to the Mika fanclub.

i didn't know that contributing to mfc earned you any points... :fisch:

In the meantime, we will no longer be awarding points for posting comments, photos or videos to mikasounds. You’ve all done us proud and helped build a thriving community. Now we think it’s time to let it grow at its own pace.

just noticed that the comment i posted on this news earned me the usual 5 points. so obviously they haven't deactivated that yet. :dunno:

First up, we want YOU to design a Mika t-shirt. You can be as creative as you like, let your imagination run wild. All entries will be posted on the site and get you a 1000 Mika points.

The winner - as chosen by Mika - will see their design put into production for sale in the Mika Store and also earn 25,000 Mika Points. Just email your designs to tshirts@mikasounds.com for your chance to win.

Secondly, we want to know what you think of Mika’s music - post a video review of your favourite albums and singles to date and it’ll earn you 1500 points.

it's weird that they don't have any rules for those competitions. :blink: like, what's the deadline? what info do they need in the e-mail - mikasounds username, the e-mail-address you're registered with on there? and how do they find those videos - i mean ok, there are people approving all videos anyway, but i'm not sure that they find all that are supposed to be reviews, looking at the amount of videos uploaded there all the time (or maybe they rely on people not uploading that much anymore since it doesn't earn them points... :blink:). competitions without rules. nice. :blink:

Do I get that right or am I really, really thick?

The glorious winner gets fantastic 25,000 points and Mikasounds gets another design to sell in their shop for (their own) profit?

:blink:

Or you could just submit any old thing and get 1000 points. :naughty:

No, if we could pool points this contest would have been over in about 2 months.

it's weird that they don't have any rules for those competitions.

LOL I thought the same. If I thought of Mikasounds as well organized, profit oriented company (:das:) I'd think they're just looking for a cheap way to expand their product line. I'm just not really quite sure if I overestimate them a bit here. :naughty:

I just saw I would get a Mika digital video collection, but I don't need it. :dunno:

I would love to get an artwork too, but with 14000 points...:blink:

If they chose the first 150 or something people to give the prizes, I could still get one. :blush-anim-cl: And if I don't get it, hey I will survive! :thumb_yello:

Anyway I do think adding the artwork to the shop would be a nice idea. :biggrin2:

Oh well... i can't partecipate on it... I can't enter on Mikasounds.com with my user and i had about 100.000 points... :(

It's not so nice... :sad:

100.000???? 100.000?????

oh dear lord! :shocked:

how much spam did you upload? :naughty:

Archived