Mika's Sister in Serious Accident

dcdeb

No matter how well his sister recovers I can't see Mika ever getting over this. He'll never be able to black it out and could be very badly affected for possibly years to come, with the horrific events we've read about playing in his mind. From what I've read in the reports, he is already inconsolable.

I'm praying that Paloma gets well, but also I am very worried about Mika's state of mind, following such a traumatic and devastating experience.

I think we are all feeling the same. :huh:

Yesterday I was talking about this with a friend and we were thinking exactly that: it will be a really hard recovery for Mika too (and the rest of the family, of course, but he was there and that image will never get out of his mind).

And it really worries me and makes me sad, I guess because we have never seen Mika in such a tragic situation, and personally, I can't even imagine him like this. :no:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No matter how well his sister recovers I can't see Mika ever getting over this. He'll never be able to black it out and could be very badly affected for possibly years to come, with the horrific events we've read about playing in his mind. From what I've read in the reports, he is already inconsolable.

I'm praying that Paloma gets well, but also I am very worried about Mika's state of mind, following such a traumatic and devastating experience.

I am worried about Mika too. this is something he will never forget, never get over. Its bad enough witnessing an accident like that but when its his own sister it must be twice as bad.

This is indeed a very horrible experience, but time does help a lot, it never completely erases the feelings but we are able to keep on moving and get through thanks to new experiences and new memories, it will require time but I don't think he'll never get over it, specially because she's lucky to be still around. Her smile will be his.

So you all know, we've sent a message to Mika's management on behalf

of the entire Mika Fan Club, expressing

that we are all sending our very best wishes for Paloma's speedy and

complete recovery. They've acknowledged that message and thank us

for our concern. I really think that now the best thing is for us to just

let the family deal with this very difficult situation as well as they can,

away from prying eyes. Also, I'd ask that we not speculate here

as to where this happened or how, and that we just ignore the posts of

insensitive jerks like mr. discopop, who doesn't deserve one second more

of our time.

thankyou for doing that. I am glad they know we are all thinking of them.

Ive been keeping myself busy the past 2 days so I dont have time to stop and think. been a bad weekend for me things going wrong. if I dont keep my mind occupied I think I would just cry for hours.

I feel exactly the same...and I thought i was overreacting but now i see there are more that feel the same way. Everything is weird now, two days ago "Lollipop" made me jump around the room...but now it makes even more sad :tears: I feel like i cant be happy when someone who brought me so much happiness and changed my life (really, those 5 minutes on stage mede me feel so much better about myself and nothing ever did that) is miserable and sad and in so much pain :sad: All those cute pictures and funny videos...somehow they mean nothing, they are just making it worse remembering how "happy" everything was. I don't know why i feel so much involved and connected to all of them, him, his mom, but i do...probably because it means so much to me.

Me too! I truly believe and wish that she will be fine, but i'm afraid that he will never be the same... :boxed: But no matter what, he will always have us! :original:

I am worried about Mika too. this is something he will never forget, never get over. Its bad enough witnessing an accident like that but when its his own sister it must be twice as bad.

This is indeed a very horrible experience, but time does help a lot, it never completely erases the feelings but we are able to keep on moving and get through thanks to new experiences and new memories, it will require time but I don't think he'll never get over it, specially because she's lucky to be still around. Her smile will be his.

I was about to post something similar.

It sounds cliché but time does help. I never experienced a similar situation but my experience when something bad happens to you loved ones is that you are eventually able to feel "at ease" with the situation.

I am not saying it is easy though...

actually, i find it soothing, it helps me think of mika and his family.

so i have listened to his music, the slower ones, especially.

I've been listening to his music too. I've also thought about how hard this must be not only for Paloma but for Mika and their whole family. :sad:

But I'm hoping that those moments when the accident first happened and she was first being taken to hospital were the worst for them, due to all the worry and uncertainty, and that now it's just a case of forward progress for all of them as she begins to recover. Now that she's stable and they would have a better idea as to her prognosis I envision the whole family really being able to lean on each other through this, and I think that will serve them all well.

I, too have been finding it hard to read some of the "fun" threads on here like Mikagasmics, etc, but from the newspaper reports and the use of the term "stable condition" it sounds like Paloma will recover and that one day this horror will be, for the most part, behind them... and that as hard as it might seem to believe right now, more happy days will lie ahead. :thumb_yello:

I've been listening to his music too. I've also thought about how hard this must be not only for Paloma but for Mika and their whole family. :sad:

But I'm hoping that those moments when the accident first happened and she was first being taken to hospital were the worst for them, due to all the worry and uncertainty, and that now it's just a case of forward progress for all of them as she begins to recover. Now that she's stable and they would have a better idea as to her prognosis I envision the whole family really being able to lean on each other through this, and I think that will serve them all well.

I, too have been finding it hard to read some of the "fun" threads on here like Mikagasmics, etc, but from the newspaper reports and the use of the term "stable condition" it sounds like Paloma will recover and that one day this horror will be, for the most part, behind them... and that as hard as it might seem to believe right now, more happy days will lie ahead. :thumb_yello:

I am a bit like you, i can listen to the music, & i'm truly not in the mood for gasmic, undies etc...

Thank you for those words!:wub2:

I'm reading all your posts and I completelly agree..

I've also thougth about the next gig in Portugal.

How will it change mika,, and how will it affect to the CD, concerts, us...

But now I think that it's just time to think that everything is gonne be ok, that Paloma will get well soon and they'll tell us as early as posible.

I can't stop thinking about her.

+1.

+1 i cant stop thinking about her, i dont even know her, its a strange thing ..

same with mika, im soo sad for him and paloma and his family, they are like my family too, that sounds stupid.. but its what im feeling right now

I think we are all feeling the same. :huh:

Yesterday I was talking about this with a friend and we were thinking exactly that: it will be a really hard recovery for Mika too (and the rest of the family, of course, but he was there and that image will never get out of his mind).

And it really worries me and makes me sad, I guess because we have never seen Mika in such a tragic situation, and personally, I can't even imagine him like this. :no:

What worries me is not just the fact that he was actually there, but what is even worse than that is that he was on his own, dealing with the whole thing. It seems awful for me to think, I wish that his mother or maybe Yasmine had been there, or that a close friend, not a member of the family had been there, but I really wish he hadn't had to cope with Paloma's accident all alone.

I'm sure his family came as quickly as they could, and they are all close, but even so I can't imagine what it must have done to Mika, when Paloma fell, and he had to phone the ambulance, and watch the fire brigade take an hour to free the poor girl.

There is no way I can even come close to imagining how he must be feeling.

Tbh, I don't think he'll be able to do any shows in the near future. The poor love will be going through pure Hell.

I can't listen to Mika songs right now. These are difficult days for him and his family and I can't feel happy knowing that.

Anyway, I believe Paloma had luck, it's a kind of miracle that she is still alive and I really think she is gonna get well.I hope so.

It's too soon to wonder that but this changes everything and who knows how much time we have to wait for another album or another good news... :(

I wish that never happened.

It happens the same to me!! :tears: I can't listen to Mika songs, because his music makes me happy, no matter if it's a slow song or not, but I feel like 'guilty' if I feel happy while I hear his songs, knowing that he and his family are living such horrible times! :tears: Now, all I think about is that Paloma recovers as soon as possible,and the family as well!:wub2:

and about the second part, I wnder exactly the same. I really don't know if he'll be able to get over this accident so soon! :dunno: and not only for the new album, even for the shows dates he has coming! If I was him, I'd not have the energy to sing in a show while I know my sister is so bad! :tears:

Now is not time to think about Mika's gigs,new album...etc,etc.....

Now we just thinking in Paloma gets well soon and Mika and his family to overcome pain...

That's are the most important things...

+1 i cant stop thinking about her, i dont even know her, its a strange thing ..

same with mika, im soo sad for him and paloma and his family, they are like my family too, that sounds stupid.. but its what im feeling right now

Takes care of your brothers cariño,they are one of the most beautiful and important things that you have..

What worries me is not just the fact that he was actually there, but what is even worse than that is that he was on his own, dealing with the whole thing. It seems awful for me to think, I wish that his mother or maybe Yasmine had been there, or that a close friend, not a member of the family had been there, but I really wish he hadn't had to cope with Paloma's accident all alone.

I'm sure his family came as quickly as they could, and they are all close, but even so I can't imagine what it must have done to Mika, when Paloma fell, and he had to phone the ambulance, and watch the fire brigade take an hour to free the poor girl.

Tbh, I don't think he'll be able to do any shows in the near future. The poor love will be going through pure Hell.

All the stuff that has happened with Paloma and Mika ... has made me really think alot about my brother ... finding my Mum dead on the floor ... I can't help it ... it just does ... I still can't imagine what that must have been like ... and he was alone too ... having to deal with ambulances and everything ... making phone calls to family ... he needed someone there ... anyone ... it was my Aunt and Uncle in the end ... who arrived first ... when she was still there on the floor ... but ... he still doesn't talk about it a great deal ... and everytime he does ... he get's ... emotional ... teary ... he's a strong person though ... so has kept most of it inside ... Mika ... I don't know him ... but I don't think he's as strong as my brother was ... or has been ... but least like us ... he has family round him ... you really need that ... it's obvious ... but they're probably all numb at the moment ... I really hope we get some good news eventually .... least he has the hope of that .... I'm keeping my fingers crossed along with everyone else that it stays that way

Now is not time to think about Mika's gigs,new album...etc,etc.....

Now we just thinking in Paloma gets well soon and Mika and his family to overcome pain...

That's are the most important things...

well, i suppose it is normal to think of how this will affect his near future, but I prefer he concentrates on what is important right now, which is his sister and her well-being.

And I'm sure as Paloma gets better, so will the rest of the family.

Posting from the train on the way home so I will be brief, but I just wanted to say that, unless I've missed some new information, we don't have any reason to think that Mika was alone with Paloma. There could have been another 20 people with them, for all that anyone knows.

Archived